The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 12:55 am

@Freeza wrote:Kerr is my man, getting them checks Proud
Stephen A. even made this a racial issue, everything is about race with that man, not even kidding

That irked me a lot, even if you disagree with the amount of interest in Kerr there was simply no need to make it a racist issue.

It's a step too far, could have said i disagree with the attention Kerr is getting and left it at that

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Fri May 16, 2014 1:00 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Kerr is my man, getting them checks Proud
Stephen A. even made this a racial issue, everything is about race with that man, not even kidding

That irked me a lot, even if you disagree with the amount of interest in Kerr there was simply no need to make it a racist issue.

It's a step too far, could have said i disagree with the attention Kerr is getting and left it at that
And he's making the firing of Jackson and Woodson a racial issue, which to me doesn't make any sense. Warriors obviously didn't think Jackson was good enough to set up the offense etc. despite being a WC motivator, and in what world would Woodson (I apologize for all those W's) not have been fired? Stephen A just needs to cool it a lot. If race was such a big issue, then why the hell would Kevin Ollie be the most hyped coached as of now to go to the NBA at some point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends on Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 am

Think you're both naive to assume race doesn't have anything to do with this.

@Freeza wrote:Warriors obviously didn't think Jackson was good enough to set up the offense etc

Oh. So they didn't think one of the best point guards in NBA history, who led the Warriors to their first 50 win season and back-to-back trips to the postseason in 20 years (In the WEST ffs), could set up an offense - but they think the guy who has never coached before can? And they're willing to spend triple the money for him to try?

Nah

twitter: @yobhends
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:28 am

Yea Stephen A is a race baiter. Some of his comments are utterly ridiculous.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri May 16, 2014 1:29 am

@Swanhends wrote:Think you're both naive to assume race doesn't have anything to do with this.

@Freeza wrote:Warriors obviously didn't think Jackson was good enough to set up the offense etc

Oh. So they didn't think one of the best point guards in NBA history, who led the Warriors to their first 50 win season and back-to-back trips to the postseason in 20 years (In the WEST ffs), could set up an offense - but they think the guy who has never coached before can? And they're willing to spend triple the money for him to try?

Nah
Yeah because playing and coaching, same thing, Popovich, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley some of the greatest players ever. They obviously found something interesting in their conversation with Kerr. Coaching and Playing is different things, you don't have to have superior athleticism to coach. The white population of US is 72%, which also means that there is a big likelyhood to have more white coaches than black. In the NBA right now 5.5/25 coaches are black, which is fairly accurate to the percentage of people in the country.
To sum up, they probably think they could have done better under Jackson, which is most likely the reason they fired him. Mark Jackson was in the entirely same position as Kerr, when he was hired. And because he gets a big check because he had leverage, now it's a race issue.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends on Fri May 16, 2014 1:51 am

@Freeza wrote:The white population of US is 72%, which also means that there is a big likelyhood to have more white coaches than black.

"The white population of US is 72%, which also means that there is a big likelihood to have more white players than black"

@Freeza wrote:In the NBA right now 5.5/25 coaches are black, which is fairly accurate to the percentage of people in the country.

And you expect the number of black coaches in the NBA to approximate the distribution of black people to the general population.....why?

@Freeza wrote:To sum up, they probably think they could have done better under Jackson, which is most likely the reason they fired him. Mark Jackson was in the entirely same position as Kerr, when he was hired.

When Jackson took over GSW they were coming off three straight losing seasons, and had made the playoffs exactly once in the previous 17 seasons

Kerr is about to take over a team coming off back-to-back seasons in the playoffs who just won 50 games.

Entirely the same position? Breh.

twitter: @yobhends
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Fri May 16, 2014 1:59 am

@Swanhends wrote:Think you're both naive to assume race doesn't have anything to do with this.

Nah

Well, the hiring of Kerr is obviously suspect. Phil Jackson said his name and the circus began but....

I do think Jackson needed to go. That was before you hear how he told West not to come to practices and fell out with his assistants.

Simply put, this guy was making no adjustments. He was relying on motivation, and while he was doing a good job with that, it's not enough. The team will always have that during the playoffs, just by the virtue of the crowd behind them.

They need someone to coach some alternative sets so that Steph doesn't get trapped at 35 feet every posession while 4 other guys are standing scratching their ass. It seemed like he made an adjustment in the playoffs putting in Green...no. Jermaine O Neal came in and said take me out.

All that said, they could have easily won the series with Bogut, but I don't think that's the point.

They did need someone new to take the team to the next level.

No one knows what really went on. There were legit reasons to fire him, starting with his coaching. There were suspect reasons too, whether it be race, religon, views on homosexuality, unwillingness to succeed to upper managment requests.

But at the end of the day, when you get that entire picture, you realize the dude had to go. No reconcilliation was taking place, it would have simply been a disconnected organization.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Fri May 16, 2014 4:07 am

Time for these Pacers to get exposed

Heat in 5

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 16, 2014 4:18 am

Exposed? Haven't they already been exposed scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 4:27 am

The almighty lolz when Pacers actually perform because no one expects anything from them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 am

The only way the pacers could be anymore exposed than they already have been is if they show up to play game one against the heat naked

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 on Fri May 16, 2014 7:08 am

Wiz kids Sad

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Fri May 16, 2014 1:09 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Exposed? Haven't they already been exposed scratch

They still keep winning.. To be exposed as a fraud you need to lose, what if they kept on doing what they're doing but end up doing just enough to win the championship? Would you be able to say they're frauds?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Exactly Swagg.

The reason they keep winning is because they are actually a good team, but they simply can't deal with pressure.

Everytime people have expected something from them for last 3 months they have fallen apart, but everytime people give up on them they pull it out.

During that awful stretch at end of Reg season they faced Miami at home when everyone lost faith they won. Then when they could have sealed the 1 seed they got blown out in Miami.

Then when they need to beat OKC and no one believes in them anymore they go and win. Similar has happened throughout the playoffs...

Atlanta go 3-2 up and everyone gives up on them, they win two straight. Same against the Wiz lose first game ar home, then win 3 straight people start semi-believing again they get blown out at home leading again to no one believing in them again... They close it out reasonably comfortable in DC.

Luckily for them, the rest of the way they will be nothing but underdogs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I dont like the insistance of Steven A to make it a racial subject, but I have to say he isnt exactly wrong.

Why hasnt Lionel Hollins got a job yet? Why is Patrick Ewing still not been give a chance?

Woodson and Jackson werent fired because they are black, obviously not...but I agree with Smith, its easier for the white guys to get chances.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Fri May 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Lol underdogs or not, pressure or not.....they're losing to Miami either way.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Why you getting defensive brah.... i never said anything about Miami...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Guys on TNT had a real intresting debate IMO. If your facing the Heat, do you focus on Lebron and making the other guys hit shots? Or Let Lebron got for 50 or whatever, but totally shut down everyone else?

Basically, collapse on Lebron everytime and make the others beat you....or stay at home, no open shots for those guys and let Lebron play 1 v 1.

Chuck says, let Lebron get 50. Kenny says stop Lebron.

For me, I say let Lebron go for 50. The game will still be close. Lebron will always get points in transition, he could hit tough shots...but you lose when the entire team is rolling.

I still see when Lebron is forced to do something, his discomfort, force him to beat you by being a scorer and a jump shooter. Just like the Spurs last season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Fri May 16, 2014 3:21 pm

Let him get 50.
The only problem is that he will get his matchup in foul trouble very quickly, forcing matchup problems all over the court which he'll most likely exploit and probably get his teammates going.

But still, let him get 50 every game. If he does that and they still win, what more can you do.....

Also, seeing how Chris Paul went out last night, wht's you guys view on him so far in his career? 9 years in, never been past the 2nd round and has only been there 3 times.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 16, 2014 3:26 pm

CP3 is overrated, thats my view.

Again, like previously years...on paper, no shame at all losing to OKC, they are the better team. However, when you look closely at the games, he has cost them with questionable performances/moments.

Just like when they lost to the Spurs back in the Hornets days...no shame in that that. However, dig a bit closer and you will notice they lost game 7 at home and more importantly, throughout the series he was outplayed by Tony Parker.

Westbrook outplayed him this one too, cant ignore it.

He isnt John Stockton level, isnt Jason Kidd level, isnt Gary Payton level.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Mole, I disagree with your logic and would argue that being down 3-2 puts a team under pressure. If anything, they just seem inconsistent, although I believe they will give Miami a good series (not sure if it will be as good as last season), but a good series nonetheless. I also don't feel like the Pacers team is invested in what other people think about them, so I don't really believe they are winning because people give up on them. I'm more inclined to place blame on their mentality and lack of consistency.

@Swagg, they keep winning, but a number 1 seed should not go down 3-2 against the Hawks. I don't want to speak too much on the situation as I haven't watched the games, but at the end of the regular season, everyone on here (for the most part) was calling them frauds. I'd argue that they were/are a fraudulent number 1 seed because they don't seem to be the same team that earned that place. Beating teams they're supposed to beat doesn't make them any less fraudulent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 4:00 pm

That's what i mean Dom, they don't have the mentality to win when its expected of them they simply don't know how to handle it.

Maybe it will come, but i doubt it.

As for the Lebron debate, i let him get his without a doubt.... that's a much lesser evil than trying to stop him and leaving the likes of Chalmers, Battier, Allen open and hell Bosh and Wade too.

As for CP3 i don't believe he's overrated, i still think he's 2nd best behind Parker and that hasn't changed. I also disagree he was outplayed by Westbrook, they exchanged blow for blow in each game with neither really landing the telling blow and if anything Paul was better than Westbrook in game 6.

The major difference in game 6 especially and the entire series was Durant as i assumed it would going in. Now is Paul's talent far exceeded his achievements so far? yes without a doubt but i don't believe that makes him overrated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 16, 2014 4:06 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
As for CP3 i don't believe he's overrated, i still think he's 2nd best behind Parker and that hasn't changed. I also disagree he was outplayed by Westbrook, they exchanged blow for blow in each game with neither really landing the telling blow and if anything Paul was better than Westbrook in game 6.

The major difference in game 6 especially and the entire series was Durant as i assumed it would going in. Now is Paul's talent far exceeded his achievements so far? yes without a doubt but i don't believe that makes him overrated.

But the majority of people think he is the best point guard in the game, and I have heard the best since Magic Johnson.

I dunno if he was outplayed by Westbrook, but Westbrook did more damage on more levels throughout the series.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm

I haven't heard that.... if that's the view then sure.

He's not better than Isiah, Stockton, Payton etc etc.

I can understand people thinking he's the best. To me the difference is really not that big, i give Parker the edge due to preference and he's proven himself in the big moments.

But if they really think he's the best since Magic....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 16, 2014 4:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-131121/chris-paul-best-point-guard-ever
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Jesus f*cking christ Laughing

My brain hurts from reading that.

Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN.com: I'll go further and say he's the greatest point guard since Oscar Robertson.

:facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next