futbol
53 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Luis Enrique Empty Luis Enrique

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Official. :coffee:

Luis Enrique signs two year deal as new FC Barcelona manager

The FC Barcelona Board of Directors have this evening confirmed  Luis Enrique Martíneza the new first team coach, following a proposal from Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta. Luis Enrique, 44 , will sign a two year deal.

This wil be Luis Enriqu’s third spell at the Club, having previously joined as a player from Real Madrid in 1996, when he soon became a firm favourite with the fans for his competitive attitude. In addition, his versatility, knack of scoring big goals and technical ability made him a key member of the team.

In his first three seasons he won two League titles, two Spanish Cups, a European Cup Winners Cup and a European Super Cup . In his eight years as a player, Luis Enrique played 300 games and scored 109 goals and was captain from 2002 to 2004, when he finally hung up his boots as a player.

Record breaking B team coach

In 2008, he was back at the Club, taking over as coach of Barça B and after just missing out in his first year, he won promotion to the second division in his second, taking the youngsters to a record breaking points haul and finishing the 2010/11 season in third place.

Last edited by Fußball on Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Luis Enrique Empty Re: Luis Enrique

Post by shinigami99 Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 pm

dat goal tho Proud dat celebration Proud dat lucho Proud

Wish him the best of luck. Hopefully he gets the signings he wants
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh boy.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Welcome.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Well, im hopeful at least. My all time favourite Barca player, I hope the day he leaves his reputation remains as it is now, if not higher esteemed.

I hope he brings what I imagine, a touch a common sense, knowledge, authority and innovation.

I sense he had a hand in Rafinha (especially) and Deulofeu returning, so I am happy with that already.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 pm

I sense he also had a hand in D. Luiz not coming. Legend. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 19, 2014 9:29 pm

I for one welcome our Enrique over loard.

But, I have my doubts but I will support him to the end. I feel he has the authority to get the team motivated which automatically should be a plus
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Mon May 19, 2014 10:04 pm

I dont think it was a good idea.half of the squad will feel they are bigger than enrique

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Why are we offering 2 year deals? We all know that if he flops he will be out after only 1 season.

Still though Lucho :bow: Hopefully he brings some good players and puts Zubi in his place 🙏
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Assuming he gets some control over transfers, I am very hopeful.

bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 19, 2014 10:32 pm

He doesn't take BS so all this walking about will not be tolerated I hope. Barcelona back to their old ways, playing quick penetrative football.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 20, 2014 12:26 am

He will make Barca play like Barca again. That's the most important.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 20, 2014 12:50 am

The Franchise wrote:Well, im hopeful at least. My all time favourite Barca player, I hope the day he leaves his reputation remains as it is now, if not higher esteemed.

I hope he brings what I imagine, a touch a common sense, knowledge, authority and innovation.

I sense he had a hand in Rafinha (especially) and Deulofeu returning, so I am happy with that already.

Surely they were returning after loans anyway? whether or not they don't get loaned out again is surely yet to be determined?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well, im hopeful at least. My all time favourite Barca player, I hope the day he leaves his reputation remains as it is now, if not higher esteemed.

Surely they were returning after loans anyway? whether or not they don't get loaned out again is surely yet to be determined?

That's what I was thinking :scracth:

Dani pls respond
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 20, 2014 1:25 am

I can only welcome him and hope for the best.

Welcome Luis Enrique!! The team needs a commanding presence in charge, and someone who will put discipline back into the side. He'll need some new players though, so I hope Zubizarreta isn't in charge of that or we're all dead.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 20, 2014 1:44 am

I think Rafinha was due to come back but Deulofeu extended his loan.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 20, 2014 4:50 am

The Franchise wrote:

So is it confirmed that Rafinha and Deulofeu will be part of our first team next season?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 am

sanchez04 wrote:I dont think it was a good idea.half of the squad will feel they are bigger than enrique

I'd say it's about convincing them with your ability. Pep had similar problems in the first few weeks.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 20, 2014 4:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why are we offering 2 year deals? We all know that if he flops he will be out after only 1 season.

Maybe because hardly anyone will sign a one year deal. Yes the possibility of being out after one season is high but at least there is some compensation to salvage. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue May 20, 2014 8:07 am

I am not convinced with him, but I think he will be better than many other names that were thrown around.

If it is true that he does a lot of fitness training, we will see an awful start of the season. Players will be tired from WC and if Enrique pushes them, it will be tough. All I hope for is no injuries!

And if he just makes Barca play good game and don't get owned like 7 times in a season, I am ok even if we win nothing the first season. I was tired of the effing impotence shown several times by this team.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

True could be, the club have made a big deal about them returning by posting the news on the website etc.

Dont usually see that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 am

2 weeks ago reports were saying Deulofeu was going to get another year at Everton, same day Luis Enrique gets appointed, it is confirmed they are staying.

seems like the board has talked to Luis prior to Tata's sacking and for once in the longest time we seem to have a actual plan on the future rather then do some random stupid buy like Song which was never really explained.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Tue May 20, 2014 11:14 am

@messixaviesta i think in pep's time they were school boys with no success and fame. But now half of the squad won 2 world cup, 2 CL, 6 la liga, 4 ballon dor. With all these success they are not school boys anymore and nobody can make them play like that anymore. This was the reason Pep left

But im still unsure if this team was bad this season? In previous years they didnt face best ever atletico madrid. This season A.Madrid owned barcelona in CL and la liga. If it was not for best ever atletico Barca would be in CL final and win la liga and people would say Barca is the best again

If Atletico wins CL then Madrid will be considered as bad as barca this season. They were worse than barca whole season. Difference was that they faced Schalke and Dortmund B team, and Barca faced M.City and A.Madrid. I consider them worse than Barca this season

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 pm

sanchez04 wrote:@messixaviesta i think in pep's time they were school boys with no success and fame. But now half of the squad won 2 world cup, 2 CL, 6 la liga, 4 ballon dor. With all these success they are not school boys anymore and nobody can make them play like that anymore. This was the reason Pep left

But im still unsure if this team was bad this season? In previous years they didnt face best ever atletico madrid. This season A.Madrid owned barcelona in CL and la liga. If it was not for best ever atletico Barca would be in CL final and win la liga and people would say Barca is the best again

If Atletico wins CL then Madrid will be considered as bad as barca this season. They were worse than barca whole season. Difference was that they faced Schalke and Dortmund B team, and Barca faced M.City and A.Madrid. I consider them worse than Barca this season

Completely agree. I believe last season's la liga winning was also due to lack of competition from madrid (their internal problem??) and they even could not compete us this season as well. Only A.madrid coming out better than all of us. we did not improve and still we could have won La liga and be in the final if this A. madrid would be same as last season and probably many would have called this as a successful season. But its for our own good that A.madrid have shown us what we are.....

i don agree with madrid getting weaker teams in CL though. Them beating Bayern is enough which i doubt we could have done....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Barcelona B assistant Joan Barbara (47), who also was Luis Enrique's assistant at Barcelona B, will become his second assistant. [md]
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next