LeSwagg James
Jonathan28
sportsczy
halamadrid2
jibers
51 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Yaya Toure could leave Manchester City this summer - Page 5 Empty Re: Yaya Toure could leave Manchester City this summer

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Firenze wrote:other Barca players asked the question too.

Yeah, who exactly? Pep loved Abidal, Keita, Eto'o; never had issues with dark skinned players.

What an absolute melt.

I don't know about the other two, but Eto'o said himself that Pep mistreated him and that he was a hypocrite (among other things). So yes, Pep definitely had problems with some African players. Now, was it due to the color of their skin or something else? Nobody knows, except for Pep himself.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure could leave Manchester City this summer - Page 5 Empty Re: Yaya Toure could leave Manchester City this summer

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 pm

I usually side with everyone that is against the bald fraud but this is silly.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:30 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Yeah, who exactly? Pep loved Abidal, Keita, Eto'o; never had issues with dark skinned players.

What an absolute melt.

I don't know about the other two, but Eto'o said himself that Pep mistreated him and that he was a hypocrite (among other things). So yes, Pep definitely had problems with some African players. Now, was it due to the color of their skin or something else? Nobody knows, except for Pep himself.

Perhaps Toure was right and Pep doesn't like players with personalities, but only those who do exactly as he says. That's why he also fell out with Zlatan, for example.

He could be racist though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm

The Eto'o situation felt like one Pep didn't have a problem with him but Eto'o did tbh.

In general I think Pep is a very big personality which means he buts heads with other big personalities.

Don't find it a coincidence that the people who don't get along with him (including Ibra) are very big personalities also who don't give a shit.

Rather than he's a racist.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:32 pm

With that said it wouldn’t surprise me if Pep believed the African player stereotypes, it explains why he used to play Yaya Toure as a CB even though he was incredibly gifted as an attacker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 pm

No, he can't be racist. He signed many dark-skinned players at City and he's playing them week in/week out.

In my opinion, I think he mistreated few players in his career as a coach, but it had nothing to do with their race or color.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:36 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:With that said it wouldn’t surprise me if Pep believed the African player stereotypes, it explains why he used to play Yaya Toure as a CB even though he was incredibly gifted as an attacker.

Tbf he only did that because they had a lot of injuries and suspensions to end that season.

Before that he was a DM which in fairness does still mean he believed in that stereotype lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Yaya is right, Pep is treating him as if he shot his bald dog. Guy deserves a modicum amount of respect, he was City’s best player for years, back when Silva was busy dribbling backwards.

Then again, this is Pep we’re talking about, he just rubs some players the wrong way, and thats part in thanks to his zealot of a fanbase that credit stuff like Kyle Walker’s spit range to him

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Kaladin wrote:Yaya is right, Pep is treating him as if he shot his bald dog. Guy deserves a modicum amount of respect, he was City’s best player for years, back when Silva was busy dribbling backwards.

Then again, this is Pep we’re talking about, he just rubs some players the wrong way, and thats part in thanks to his zealot of a fanbase that credit stuff like Kyle Walker’s spit range to him

Well sign him then. I would have thought he would be the perfect player for Milan. He's free, young and comes with a wage packet that guarantees you fail FFP for the next two or three years thus keeping you away from the humiliation of being dicked by Arsenal.

A win win for everybody.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Kaladin wrote:Yaya is right, Pep is treating him as if he shot his bald dog. Guy deserves a modicum amount of respect, he was City’s best player for years, back when Silva was busy dribbling backwards.

Well sign him then. I would have thought he would be the perfect player for Milan. He's free, young and comes with a wage packet that guarantees you fail FFP for the next two or three years thus keeping you away from the humiliation of being dicked by Arsenal.

A win win for everybody.

We can't take your greatest player in your (sic: 9 year) history, but thanks, we already have his younger counterpart. Heck, maybe by the time he hits his prime, you'll win something in Europe
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Myesyats wrote:

What an absolute melt.

So he had problems with two players froma Africa. As opposed to like 15-20 players from somewhere else he had problems with.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:53 pm

Also, you've got to love the "Is it .... ? I don't know." trope Laughing

"He treated me badly. Is it because I'm African and he's a racist? I don't know."

That's like saying
"I saw my neighbor coming from his garden with a shovel in hand. Is it because he buried the bodies of his murdered wife and children? I don't know."

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 am

I like how Yaya dragged an entire continent into this little squabble that seems to ongoing for quite some time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:20 am

Pep does seem like a despicable person but Yaya is talking out of his ass on this one tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:38 am

Myesyats wrote:

What an absolute melt.

Eto'o himself said that he called Pep a nobody and in training when Pep was working on his positioning as a striker he called him an average midfielder in his days and said he shouldn't tell him how to play his role. It clearly had nothing to do with his skin color or quality as a player. Unless your name is Messi or CR7, with ego that Zlatan, Eto'o and Toure have you won't last with Pep ego.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 am

Pep wanted to ship out Eto'o from the moment he came lol. Pretty sure Laporta wouldn't sell him because he already sold Deco and Ronaldinho that very same summer. He was on borrowed time from the moment Pep arrived. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 am

Yeah Pep kicked Eto'o out due to a question "of feeling", even after Eto'o came off a great season and everyone thought Pep was crazy for getting rid of him. Definitely not the best example I can think of.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 am

Yaya loves running his mouth. Didn't he once himself rant about Africans? Something like "don't care about Africans because they don't care about you" or whatever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

Wasn't that the time he said it was pathetic for Auba to win the African player of the Year award and how Africans don't care about their own etc
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 am

Part of the reason he has been flopping in CL for 7 years might be partly due to his inability to manage strong characters, the kind that step up in the toughest moments and fight against the odds.

Remember the quote from Zlatan all the way back to 2010

“I'd already got the impression that Barcelona was a little like being back at Ajax, it was like being back at school. None of the lads acted like superstars, which was strange. Messi, Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, the whole gang – they were like schoolboys. The best footballers in the world stood there with their heads bowed, and I didn't understand any of it. It was ridiculous.

It's easy winning the league when you have by far the superior talent compared to your peers, but in the CL when the things get tough you need courage and mental strength in do or die situations. You can't have that when you don't let your strong characters express themselves, guy is a control freak.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 am

That's clearly not the reason Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:40 am

Winter is Coming wrote:That's clearly not the reason Laughing

It could be. The two times he won the CL 2 of the best players of all time, strong characters stepped up in a do or die moment to take him to the final.

The way he speaks and the way his players speak, his players seem more concerned with playing his way at all costs then they are with winning the game.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Yaya Toure's agent: "We decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. I officially declare Yaya is ready to move to any of the Premier League top-6 clubs as a free agent and play for just £1 per week, with possible bonuses."

Almost fit into Milan's budget ffs

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Spurs, Pool and Arsenal should be all over that

of course the possible bonuses will probably mean he misses out on little.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Luca wrote:Yaya Toure's agent: "We decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. I officially declare Yaya is ready to move to any of the Premier League top-6 clubs as a free agent and play for just £1 per week, with possible bonuses."

Almost fit into Milan's budget ffs

Anti-Pep coalition using this petty idiot as an example to tarnish Pep's legacy rofl
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Firenze wrote:Spurs, Pool and Arsenal should be all over that

of course the possible bonuses will probably mean he misses out on little.

I mean Yaya has been crap for years man Laughing

I wouldn't even want him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next