Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 19 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 pm

again , the Olly gifs Laughing

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 19 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Far from over.

https://i.imgur.com/HrBeOvz.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:24 pm

M99 wrote:http://gfycat.com/RigidPerfumedAsianlion#
Laughing love this one
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:25 pm

That nod rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 pm

http://giant.gfycat.com/MasculineSimpleBoilweevil.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:STANNIS BARATHEON!!!! Even his name sounds badass ffs

Bend the knee or you shall be destroyed :coffee:

It does , but the most badass name there is , is Rhaegar Targaryen :coffee:

it looks badass , it sounds badass and he was badass. He died in a badass way , exactly because he was doing badass things with anothers man's rich chick :coffee:

He would have been a badass king too , but he was so badass in the badass ratings that it would make his reign some Disney fairytale of sorts , where the just and at the same time badass lover-warrior-beautiful-young-king would be like all good folks i have this . It wouldn't be fair for the others and would make of a dull story with the only thing to show him being a badass and so he GRRM had to kill his most badass character right from the start . With Badassery Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 pm

https://i.imgur.com/2D1oIhY.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 pm

hahaha
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:38 pm

These are getting better and better ffs rofl

Need to get some gifs rolling from the 'Arrow' series.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 pm

There seems to be a huge difference in how the book and the show portray Stannis. At least that's how I see it since most of the Stannis fans tend to also be book readers. Maybe he's a protagonist in the books but, to me, on the show he's boring and whiny. He's not fair or compassionate since he keeps his daughter locked in a dungeon because (I assume) of her physical deformities and he just follows Melisandre's lead. Plus, this season he's had like four minutes of screen time.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm

In the show , you're guided to support the Starks. It's somewhat like that also in the books , but there is definitely much more room for more Stannis. In the show , they can't have the same time. They can't have similar effect on the viewer either. So there's that.

But there are definitely defining moments that describe Stannis and reveal who he really is. That his daughter is where she is , doesn't stop Stannis from loving her or feeling sad for her , it becomes easy to see when she wants and goes to see her. It mostly has to do with her mother that she's there..

His relationship with Davos , IS , fair. Of the most fair you will find in got . Melissandre is about her religion of R'hllor and has to do about Stannis as well.

She does what she does for her god , shady character yes , but Stannis usually benefits from her and thus helping him , with acts , in his war. I'd say he's convinced of her and depends on her , because her role next to him has bared fruit , if you ask Stannis at least. In that sense , he follows her lead , yes.

But in any case. It's all about opinions. You don't like Stannis , feel free of course to see him your way. Stannis in my humble opinion is not what you describe , to me that is clear , but have it your way. I guess whiny is another word for describing someone who was wronged by friends and foes repeatedly , someone who's reputation is being tarnished despite being for the good of the realm and principles.

I wouldn't say a man of honour , but a man with a code , who will fight to the very last drop of his blood to claim what is his by right and that's a noble cause , being fought with whatever means available won't change this. Not to mention , the very fact that Ned Stark wanted to crown him King of the Seven Kingdoms should speak volumes about what this man is.

I suppose you could argue that Ned Stark would even return the ring to Sauron if he had found it... because it was his by right and the honourable Ned Stark would never do something against his honor , but... he did hold Stannis in some high esteem , even though they have never been the best of friends , he didn't think him unworthy of the Iron Throne.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 pm

GoT avatar back up for last week Molenation

WC avatar after that Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:GoT avatar back up for last week Molenation

same Molenation

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 am

Hulk Hogan for the iron throne imo
Fit right in with the Lannisters' sexual preferences
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:31 am

elitedam wrote:There seems to be a huge difference in how the book and the show portray Stannis. At least that's how I see it since most of the Stannis fans tend to also be book readers. Maybe he's a protagonist in the books but, to me, on the show he's boring and whiny. He's not fair or compassionate since he keeps his daughter locked in a dungeon because (I assume) of her physical deformities and he just follows Melisandre's lead. Plus, this season he's had like four minutes of screen time.

I imagine you're thinking about his first appearance when he visits his daughter? He's just being overly protective, having just come back from King's Landing after Jon Arryn  died, you know being the other person who knows about Cercei/Jaime. His daughter is probably the only person he loves, he thinks of her as his heir.

And while the show makes it look like Stannis blindly follows Melisandre, he doesn't. He does this blood magic and burning people alive because quite frankly it's working. He doesn't a huge army, gold or dragons. He has Davos, Melisandre and his skill as commander, that's all. But he will do everything to take what is his right and if it means killing some bastards to save millions he will do it even if he doesn't like it, he will do it anyway because it is his duty to save Westeros as the rightful king.

To be fair it doesn't help when they make Melisandre tell Stannis to go North and save the realm rather than Davos as he did in the book, but oh well maybe D&D don't care much about him as he's probably not important to the main story.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:34 am

Freeza wrote:Hulk Hogan for the iron throne imo
Fit right in with the Lannisters' sexual preferences

Soon......
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 am

People often forget just how absurd a position Davos has with respect to his birth. When all the other noble lords despise the lowborn, Stannis raises a man born in the slums of the capital to be his Hand, placing ahead of every noble lord in his service because he appreciates his abilities, his honesty where others offer only sycophancy and his unbreakable loyalty. Davos is amazing and one of my favourite characters, however it's a testament to Stannis as a person and a leader that he's even a figure. Dany's the only other leader who doesn't practically spit on the poor at this stage.

The show watchers would all flock to Stannis if they didn't cut out his best lines continually. The most hilariously sarcastic character in the entire series.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 am

rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Rooney rofl

Pirlo Snow Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Didn't see Ibra coming at the end , lmao
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:16 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/09/game-of-thrones-showrunners-finale-4-tease/

GET HYPEEE

INB4 RG: "BC Read 5 posts above you ffs"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:05 am

66 minutes :bow: :bow:

Predictions anyone?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:04 am

Forgive my ignorance but why is an additional 6 minutes being hyped so much?  hmm 
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 am

urbaNRoots wrote:66 minutes :bow: :bow:

Predictions anyone?

You start.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:56 am

Well in Kings Landing I imagine Tywin will do something to save Tyrion. Why? Because Jaime will be pissed if something happens to his little brother and will not leave the Kingsguard to become heir of Casterly Rock and that's something Tywin doesn't want.

Jon will go to talk with Mance Rayder and have some epic speech about how they should be together against the White Walkers. Maybe even start recruiting Wildlings in the Nights Watch if Thorne agrees. (I have always wondered why they don't do that)

Bran will probably FINALLY find the three-eyed raven and Jojen will turn out to be some evil guy and have Bran killed. (More Starks dead yay). Maybe we'll even see a bit of little Rickon being well received by the Umbers.

Elsewhere Daenerys (enter titles) will receive a box from Yunkai with Daario's head, she'll get mad and be like f this shit I'm burning that damn city. Her arc ends saying "Let's go home" to Barristan Selmy.

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 am

Soul wrote:Forgive my ignorance but why is an additional 6 minutes being hyped so much?  hmm 

It's actually 15 more minutes bounce

The episode is being hyped by everyone, the writers, book readers so it's expected to be quite epic.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next