matpol
rwo power
neuro11
The Franchise
Winter is Coming
34 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players - Page 10 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 am

The Franchise wrote:His tactics seem to me about inviting the fullbacks forward and then countering into that space.

However, he should of done that 50-50. By that meaning, Rojo will need help from someone because Lahm plays rightback and he is dangerous going forward. On the other side, it wouldnt matter, Howedes was scared to death of going past the ball, and for good reason, he isnt good with the ball nor a natural fullback (or even left footed, im not sure about this).

He could of easily pushed Lavezzi on, tell him to stay away from the midfield and dare Howedes to run past him. And if it then became a problem, Lavezzi has the work rate to cover.

That sub was such a definite move, which frankly shocked me and might of cost Argentina the game. They had a legit chance of winning if they kept things the same.

He doesnt have to attempt suicide(which it ultimately proved to be) to do that.For the simple reason that Lahm is going to go forward no matter what.he isnt to stay back.He is always going to attack.So there was always space to be exploited behind Lahm.
What you dont do is leave Rojo against Lahm and Muller.Even Ozil after the change of formation had a lot of impact down that flank.
Also it was clear that his plan wouldnt work anyway.Because Rojo was alone,he was scared to go forward after the change of formation.Granted he is not Roberto Carlos going forward but he can atleast provide an outlet,a person to pass back to.After the formation change he didnt go forward to provide an outlet.This meant that Aguero when he got the ball down that right flank of Germany was all alone and double teamed.He had no one to pass to.Rojo was too far back and Messi was too busy walking around the middle of the pitch.Aguero ineveitably came out second best and Germany ended up with the ball easily.
So his plan backfired big time.I might have to watch again but I think it was Schweinsteiger who covered Lahm.Often I saw him drop back to form a 3,which was a bit strange I thought.generally when a midfielder drops into the backline,he drops between the Cb;s who go wide.Schweisteiger instead went into the space vacated by Lahm.He would receive the ball there and instigate play from there.I would have to watch the game again to be sure on this.Correct me if I am wrong dani.

Point is Sabella messed up and his plan backfired big time,both offensively and more importantly defensively.Just left the 3 in midfield and the back four too much to do against a German side who towards the end of the match were in clearly better physical condition.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players - Page 10 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 am

Grrrrr...I cant stop but feel what if Di Maria played....he wouldnt have let Lahm and Muller boss that side so much Sad Just overall didnt have the luck at all....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 am

BC that picture is quite deceiving. He was waiting for the ball to take a corner kick and it took a heck of a long time for him get one, it was like 50% boredom. I remember that moment.

Alex, I agree totally. That decision for me was very costly. Logically it made no sense.

As for where Schweisteiger dropped into the back, I actually dont know. I wasnt looking out for that, rather how the Argentina midfield moved to cover the spaces. The last 2 games for Argentina that has been where I have focused 75% of my off ball attention because for me it was the most crucial aspect of their scheme..which Sabella decieded to ultimately break.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10