EarlyPrototype
adnyana179
shaven
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

El Futuro - Alvaro Morata - Page 5 Empty Re: El Futuro - Alvaro Morata

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Sure he can improve. But he was handed the Juve job and he failed... and he had 2 years to do it basically. As others have mentioned and I've seen, he also improved very marginally. I was personally hoping that his tactical awareness would jump because that's the best part of Serie A... and it didn't.

I have my doubts. The risk is 30 mil euros really. Not the end of the world.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 pm

You guys are so full of it! Can you in any sort of imagination have seen the player of 3 years ago, be a key player in Juve CL play yet alone be a key player for Spanish seleccion yet alone make that team? Why does Juve desperately want to retain him. Why are other clubs looking at him. The kid that left here never attracted this type of interest.

He is vastly improved and matured from his time here. His development is not finished. He is not a starter if that is the point you are trying to make, but he sure can be an impact sub and can challenge Benz for minutes. Isn't that what we are missing now?

Apparently the reserve backup is a decision between Morata or Aubameyang. I too would take Auba over him, but you shouldn't write off Morata.

A lot will depend on how he performs in Euros, plus how the various negotiations go including the discussions with Juve for Pogba and their interest in a couple of our players.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sure he can improve. But he was handed the Juve job and he failed...  and he had 2 years to do it basically.  As others have mentioned and I've seen, he also improved very marginally.  I was personally hoping that his tactical awareness would jump because that's the best part of Serie A... and it didn't.

I have my doubts.  The risk is 30 mil euros really.  Not the end of the world.

That is what boils it down for me in regards to any arguments about Morata improving.

2 years worth of chances and he couldn't cement his place on Juventus.

at best he is an impact sub, a very limited one at that. It's not a safe investment when you know Morata can't provide when it counts. Playing for Juventus in Serie A and Playing for Real Madrid in La liga are two different things.

and some of ye speak about Morata being a canterano, yet you do not even give Mayoral or Mariano a look. This season neither should be judged. We have given morata his chances here. Why are ye so relunctant to give the canteranos that we have already the same chance? Mayoral has the same passion as any of Madrid. why not him given a proper preseason?

Y'all speak morata being the go to guy for Juve in CL... he has 2 goals 8 apps this cl season.
That's higuain level drivel. Has 12 goals all comps. 12. This is not someone who can provide competition for Benzema for 30 million. For 30m surely we can find someone who can score at least 20 goals all comps?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:08 am

Once again, you demonstrate how little you know! You don't even know the difference between level 1 to level 2 to level 3 futbol. Majoral has already had more opportunities than Morata or Jese at the same age. It was abundantly clear in his last match with first team that he is no where near ready for 1st level. the plan for him is at Castilla if they make the promotion and if not they will loan him to an adelante team. It doesn't do him any good to sit on the bench at 1st level.

And Mariano is same age as Morata playing in level 3 futbol, LOL.

You obviously have not watched Morata with your various ludicrous statements. Why don't you watch him in Euros and then try to make the same statements?

Do you really feel that Juve and Arsenal know something we don't?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:30 am

sportsczy wrote:But he was handed the Juve job and he failed... and he had 2 years to do it basically.

Not true. Tevez was striker #1 in first year. Morata beat out Llorente as #2. And in year 2, Mandzukic was brought in as Tevez replacement, Morata remaining #2. And no Zaza never was #2.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:11 am

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:But he was handed the Juve job and he failed... and he had 2 years to do it basically.

Not true. Tevez was striker #1 in first year. Morata beat out Llorente as #2. And in year 2, Mandzukic was brought in as Tevez replacement, Morata remaining #2. And no Zaza never was #2.

Half-right for both responses
In Morata's first season, he did win the starting role.

In his second season, Allegri preferred Mandzukic-Dybala as the season matured, but at the beginning, Morata had opportunities to win the role (faced some injuries too) and was not preferred to Mandzukic for the setup Allegri played (Mandzukic was preferred for his back to goal presence). But Morata made many appearances and played a very important role for Juventus, he could definitely be a starter if Juventus played a different style.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 am

I'm gonna ignore the first paragraph bill as you and I both know where I stand on that matter. You cannot get ready for the top level playing in lower leagues. eventually, one must be thrown to the fire. Mayoral showed promise in the beginning but in case you didn't notice, our team was in turmoil and was restarted halfway into our Undecima season. Chaotic times most ill suited for young players to make an impression. This is why I say this season must be exempted in regards to the canteranos that made appearances for the 1st team due to unforeseen circumstances that were out of control. Next season with a proper preseason and Zidane actually getting the time and room to settle things down would be more appropriate to appraise whoever is given the chance.

futbol_bill wrote:
You obviously have not watched Morata with your various ludicrous statements. Why don't you watch him in Euros and then try to make the same statements?
You've only seen him for Spain, haven't you? this statement is already ridiculous as it is since it's already known you don't watch the other leagues, Only time you see other teams is CL, maybe. Surely you jest? Why do you think Sports says similar? You think I would make these statements without having watched the games? Serie A is boring and there are a lot of players who I dont like play there but I still watch it.

Do you really feel that Juve and Arsenal know something we don't?
You say that but Juve are in no rush to promote Morata to starting role. As for arsenal, they're garbage so they are not a good example to use. and he doesnt fit for Arsenal either. Wenger is the type of idiot who puts a 6'4 targetman cf with limited technical ability on the wing and with his current team expects to play barca like possession with the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Ozil and Alexis. Only two out of those 4 can play that and Alexis is a barca reject. Unless Wenger plans to bin his stupid philosophy and convert to counter attacking football, Wenger is wasting money getting morata to play like Benzema. hold up and intricate passing rather than simple dedicated goalscoring. don't get me started how arsenal going for vardy who is dependant on long balls and over the top passes being as ridiculous as it is.

Morata can only be useful for counter attacking situations. We're a mix of everything yes but we've already seen what Morata isn't capable of, bill. The system in which he failed here is still mostly around with Zidane. Morata has to change, now not later. Spain do not play the way we do bill. its about profiles and if you thought about it objectively, you would come to the same conclusion as I have. Why do you want to see a failed experiment replay itself? and for 30 million no less? he had his chance, and under the best coach too. If he couldnt even be marginally useful to Carlo Ancelotti... How would it be any different under Zinedine Zidane?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:28 am

Its just funny how most of these attributes people mention in Morata are not what I see.

When no one believed in lucas vasquez early in the season, I saw some qualities that made me believe he will be important.I will stick to my instinct.
The qualities I see in Morata and which are the ones used to describe him in his profiles are:
Good at hold up play (which somewhat translates to assists)
Ability to score with both feet and head
Can play on the wings due to his time in castilla

And all these qualities are what I see in him.

Pique was not worldclass for Man U, Guardiola saw what he needed
Casemiro was never really rated

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Atletico all want him.
That boy will shine and some people will be surprised.
I'm open to castigation if he fails

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Real Madrid are clearly not interested in keeping him though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:55 pm

shadexticos wrote:Its just funny how most of these attributes people mention in Morata are not what I see.

When no one believed in lucas vasquez early in the season, I saw some qualities that made me believe he will be important.I will stick to my instinct.
The qualities I see in Morata and which are the ones used to describe him in his profiles are:
Good at hold up play (which somewhat translates to assists)
Ability to score with both feet and head
Can play on the wings due to his time in castilla

And all these qualities are what I see in him.

Pique was not worldclass for Man U, Guardiola saw what he needed
Casemiro was never really rated

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Atletico all want him.
That boy will shine and some people will be surprised.
I'm open to castigation if he fails

I was open to vazquez as I feel we could use more madrid blood.
I always backed Casemiro though back then I wanted him for his b2b qualities which were superior to khedira. I don't see your argument for Morata. If he was good holding up the ball, why is he so limited and ineffective in any play that isnt counter attacking? You say he can score but he hasn't even registered the bare minimum of 20 goals all competitions to be considered an elite talent. Chelsea? Lukaku is rumoured to return and will be ahead of him. Manutd? Zlatan maybe and then there is rashford, martial. Martial in particular who is leagues ahead of morata and one of the very few who can challenge even Benzema.

Arsenal? Wenger is an idiot who might play morata on the wing as he did bendtner who was 6'4. Still same idiot.

I can see atletico but if morata fails to show the workrate he will suffer fate of jackson martinez.

With exception to atletico, the epl teams seem to want him only for as a 2nd or 3rd option. You guys seriously rating morata even after all I've said? Real madrid is rumoured to be interested in morata only to sell him off for profit. Thats how little Real madrid appraise his worth.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Real Madrid are clearly not interested in keeping him though

I wouldn't be too certain on that Nick. There is a meeting scheduled (Real with Juve) in the next week. They are interested in Kovacic and Isco and also want to hold onto Morata. We supposedly have an interest in Pogba. IMO, Morata is a bargaining chip. There is a lot of poker faces here. We don't have much to offer Kovacic nor Isco and they could be made available at right price, could it be something towards Pogba? Also same can be said re Morata. Teams like Arsenal and Atletico are like sharks smelling the blood and are expressing interest re Morata. I suspect if we do exercise our option, others will also indicate interest.

There was a list of supposedly what Zidane is interested in. There was the dream list of Lewandowski, Alaba and Pogba. The first two have been discarded as Bayern made statements yesterday, but it was obvious the queries had been made. Then there was the list of reserves or challengers for CF, DM and LB. I believe the club is investigating all of them. The one re this thread was the choice for a challenger / reserve to Benz was Aubameyang or Morata. I'm sure the first choice is Auba, but if that doesn't happen, then guess who the interest is for?

I still say a lot depends on how Morata and Spain make out in Euros. He has been extremely impressive with this seleccion. He's not the starter but he will get plenty of action.

But don't expect much in the way of signings, sales, nor loans until after Euros!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:20 am

Morata i think shall reveal all with euros. Like the world cup, these int. Tournaments can make stars. If he can score at least 5 goals beginning in group stage, i reckon he can increase his reputation.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:18 pm

LOL! Now you can add Man U (Mou), PSG and Chelsea to the list of Juve and Arsensal!! MOu apparently is willing to pay 60M.

meanwhile the other choice, Aubameyang has City after him, meaning our first choice will be a battle, so Morata is still an option.

This summer is already starting off as predicted as a real Battle for signings with the money loaded EPL teams with new coaches, Madrid (and it does say today they have to make some BIG signings because of the possible FIFA signing ban) , PSG and Barca.

ALready for the prime signing (Pogba), there is already Man U, Barca and ourselves, plus Juve wanting to keep him. WHo knows who else might enter into this war.

One way or another, Morata is a key asset that is part of the negotiations.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:36 pm

60 million? sell asap, that will be a huge gain for us, considering we ourselves are planning to splash some cash. i doubt his fee will go for that high though, but who knows
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:52 pm

The deadline for signing him back is the 17th and Spain start the Euros earlier than that. Something tells me he will be signed back and him being re-sold will depend on what he does in the Euros. We all know how Perez likws window shopping there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:01 pm

One way or another, Morata is a key asset that is part of the negotiations.

Keep believing that Laughing

Morata is not a starter at Juve right now.We wont give up our star player just to secure Morata.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 pm

@S
I get your point, Morata is not even half as important as Pogba so why give up a more important one for a less important one.
But the part you are missing is that real madrid want to buy Pogba, he also wants to come to madrid and to some extent, Juve is willing to let him go for the right price.

The advantage Madrid has apart from the mutual desire is a little slightly important (but less important than pogba) bargaining chip labelled Morata, something other teams do not have.
Something is better than nothing.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 pm

Well today we are hearing that Pogba prefers Real. We do know that his contract gives him an out if he wants to, so the bargaining is now on. There is a meeting scheduled between the two teams in next week and it is to discuss Kovacic, Isco, both of whom Juve has expressed interest plus Morata's buy back and I would now assume Pogba. Who knows what way this will go, but  @S, your blank denial of Pogba leaving Juve is starting to look a little shaky. Madrid could afford to give Juve all three players they have expressed interest in, if that's what it will take to reach a deal. The objective here is to bring Pogba to Madrid and Perez has the money, the expendable players or any combination of either to make this happen.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Welcome back home, temporarily.
A big fan of Morata, but he was extremely static vs Croatia.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Don't know about y'all but Morata has been a mixed bag for me since he returned. At least he can hold up the ball but he is nonexistent up front.

I hope that sevilla game was just an off game from him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Don't know about y'all but Morata has been a mixed bag for me since he returned. At least he can hold up the ball but he is nonexistent up front.

I hope that sevilla game was just an off game from him.

Welcome to Italian football, it will take quite a bit to get back to our way of playing, he will need a lot of game time.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:54 pm

We don't really need a superstar. He will be enough coming off the bench and subbing for Benz when he is out.

He have barely had any of our starting attackers, so it is only normal that our attack hasn't been firing on all cylinders. Not to mention its still technically preseason.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Morata pulled a hamstring during Spain game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Looked more like a precaution than anything else tbh. I bet he plays in their next game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Good thing is Benzema has been in full training for a couple of days now.  So it's not a huge deal even if Morata is out.

Hamstring's are difficult to predict.  You don't really know if it's anything until the next day. Hopefully it's a precaution... but when you feel a pull, it's typically not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm

How is Morata doing brothers?

Luca
J Council Master