Mr Nick09
Kick
titosantill
halamadrid2
Onyx
54 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:37 am

no he cant, the only reason you are thinking that is because he is a n10 and he is ending the world cup with the most goal tally. He is not a CF, you dont just become a false 9 like that overnight. just fantasy again just to make him fit in your utopia.

Last summer we were not arguing about bale's position on the team, but his quality, his playing style, what he can and cant do. And seeing him run straight lines outside the pitch didnt surprise me.

Suarez was also going to be a madrid player. Like Neymar right? he played with sarabia at 12. like villa, like ronaldinho, etc... it's easy to mount a campaign about how one player loves a club. how gullible are you people ffs.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:13 am

agree with everything mrnick said. i've repeated on another thread that its very dangerous to use the world cup as a yardstick of measurement in signing new talent....diouf, diao, podolski are among the young talented players who were amazing and held a significant importance to their country's progression in the tournament but did poor at club level....that's not to say james or other players will fall into that trap, but using four to seven games as a yardstick can be very costly. Even more so when one takes into account the fact his position on the team doesn't exist at present. Its no secret that we do not use a number 10 or a trequartista, and playing him in an unfamiliar territory such as false 9 is quite risky, especially for the moneys his current club will ask for. With morata's exit (i think its practically a done deal that he's off to juve for 22 million dollars) and jese still injured, all we really need is a striker, which james is not. I understand you admire his football, and I do too, he had a brilliant tournament, but another factor to take into account is that, at madrid he won't have as many touches on the ball, nor the freedom that he has with Colombia. And such change has a way of affecting footballers- some footballers can play as second fiddle or role players very well and adapt to such situations ala guti, solskjaer, ambrosini, etc but when you build around these players they may not live up to expectation. some other players need to be the go to guy or the general on the pitch for their team for them to be successful ala rivaldo, van der vaart, kaka and so on....we don't know if James falls into this second category, and for the price being put out, that is too much of a risk for something one isn't sure of. To your point about emotional connections and all that, Football is a business, a footballer will say anything to hold their stock or value up with the top clubs, be it Madrid, bayern, utd, etc....hundreds of players have hailed our club's prestige or said they've wanted to sign for madrid, it is expected, doesn't mean we will sign a player based on what they say, or whether they supported the club as a kid, all of that is pointless drivel. Hell, a lot of the best players at this club did not grow up supporting madrid....Di Stefano wasn't a madrid fan (the club wasn't a big deal until he joined), Raul was an atleti fan, Zizou's best player was Enzo francescoli, who played his club football in france and argentina, never for madrid. So this bond that James supposedly has, when he hasn't even kicked a ball for us is a little premature. Can he have a bond from a fans standpoint? Yes, absolutely...but its completely different when one starts playing; take into account, there are players who have also stated that "playing for madrid was a dream come true", and have come here failed woefully and sometimes even regretted the decision to begin with. Judge based on pitch performance, not what somebody says...I bet playing for madrid was a dream and a wish for jonathan woodgate as well....In conclusion, James is a good player, but is he what we NEED right now? I seriously doubt it. Carlo is the coach and his decision matters, but i doubt that in this transfer window he is interesting in signing the kid.....maybe in years to come, but none of us knows the future...for now, No.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:55 am

I like your posts, but can't you hit 'enter' a few more times? It's really hard to read a literal wall of text.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:01 am

where is the tactical discussions? why do we need competition when the players are settled and just won cl, seem like la decima is a piece a crap anyone can win, no need to be to loyal to the core Laughing

I have never seen any of you wank about james until the world cup, at least pretend not to be sucked into the hype rofl, anyway keep with the "zomg gotta spend 100 mill" to be relevant.... i mean competitive logic Laughing, who cares about continuity when you can 1 up barca and mess up the team

true madrid fans Molenation
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:44 am

I leave the actual tactical discussions to the ones who are running the team. You know, the little Italian boy in Carlo and his merry men. As a fan, if Perez jumps out himself and pulls a fast (awesomely foolish) move and signs James, you'll wouldn't read a single bad word from me.

Mind you, I am basing my lovely opinion of James on the 1, 2, 3, 4...5, yes, 5 games I have seen him play in the World Cup as I sure as hell didn't see a single Monaco game. Saw him in COMNEBOL quals but that isn't really saying much.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:46 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:why do we need James? please explain that to me. In what way exactly are we missing James?

because he is a die-hard madridista.

Well that convinced me.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:21 am

James Rodríguez is the flavour of the month, having dazzled fans across the planet with his brilliant performances at the World Cup. What better moment to secure an exclusive interview with him? That's exactly what MARCA did.

"It's true that I played well at the World Cup, but I can't help feeling regret that we didn't make it to the final. It's an opportunity that may not come around again too easily. We dreamed of making it further, which is why I cried the day we were knocked out - such was my sadness at exiting the tournament. But that's football", James notes.

Toni Kroos
"I faced Kroos at the under-17 World Cup in Korea and I remember that even back then he was a difference-maker. He'd be a great signing for Real Madrid, because he's got more than enough talent to play for that sort of team".

The Real Madrid squad
"All the Real Madrid players are top-drawer. Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, a genuine star. I'd be proud to play alongside him; it'd be a privilege. He fully deserved to win the Ballon d'Or".

His passion for 'Los Blancos'
"I've liked Real Madrid since the days when Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Fernando Hierro were around. I've been following them religiously since then".

His ideal position
"I feel most at home in a number 10 role, but I learnt to play in different positions at a very young age and can adapt to what the coach asks of me. I played as a right winger at Porto, while for Colombia I've lined up on the left or in the hole. At the World Cup I operated as part of the trio behind the striker. I like getting on the ball and working hard to win it back".

Monaco
"I'm eternally grateful to [club president] Dimitry [Rybolovlev] and [vice-president] Vadim Vasilyev for the opportunity they gave me. The club is building something big. Obviously it would be a dream for me to play for Real Madrid, but I will always respect my current club, who will have the last word on the matter".

Real Madrid
"Playing for Real Madrid is my life's dream: it'd be a privilege to play alongside so many stars. If it happened, I'd enjoy it to the max. It's really flattering to know that a club of Real Madrid's stature is interested in me. It'd be a dream to join the club of my dreams. I have a great deal of respect for other clubs and admire the good football they play, but ultimately Real Madrid are Real Madrid. I've always had a thing for them, like I said before".

The Bernabéu
"I've been to the Bernabéu once and I thought it was an amazing stadium. The first thing I said when I walked in was 'I want to play here one day'".

A no-brainer
"Would I jump at the chance to go to Real? No doubt about it, my answer is a resounding yes".
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am

James Rodriguez "My destiny is in Florentino Perez' hands"

Hames  :wub: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 am

We don't need this guy. :facepalm:

I hope Carlo can find a way to stop management from making these ridiculous moves.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 am

We need continuity. Everything worked fine last season, signing James would mean we switch to a 4-2-3-1. Also James is too good to rotate, he needs to be starting every week.

Nothing should change in terms of:

----Ronaldo----Benzema---Bale
----------Di Maria----Modric

Give Di Maria the salary he wants, he deserves it after last season imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:32 pm

I would have taken this james discourse more seriously if people were talking about him before the mundial. That people are bringing this topic up now, its clear that they are using 5 games as their standard of measurement, and that is dangerous. I don't care if James supported madrid as a baby, or if his ancestors supported Di Stefano @ millianoras, i don't think we need him....I've supported madrid for 20 plus years, should I also play for the club?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:36 pm

btw I highly doubt that management is keen on signing James, the lad is just promoting himself at every possible opportunity (nothing wrong with that), and the spanish media are as usual desperate for soundbites.....In other matters, i'm hearing Jese could return at the end of october,
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:34 pm

I've always wanted James since before we got Bale and Di Maria was a headless chicken on the RW :coffee:

He was playing as a RW but could easily play as n10 in Ozil's spot.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Di Maria is now a difference maker in the midfield, his versatility allows us to switch to 442 to other things at the same time, and he is a superb cover for cristiano lack of defensive effort.

why should we change it all again for james at n10? not to mention, the team wont be built around him like colombia and monaco are, the team is built around CR. which makes more difference than many of you realize.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Nick this isn't real life. This is like fifa.

Just switch it up and slide James in and no harm no foul :coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:10 pm

di maria CL motm, got nothing on some wonder kid that played a handful of games rofl

i have yet to see di maria come out and say he wants to leave, you guys hate isco or something? i could've sworn you guys wanked even harder before he came now its like he doesn't exist any more Laughing

if anyone of you can make sense of this then i will support james signing like blind rat.

so madrid plays with ozil aka next zidane got knocked out 3 semi finals in a row, then the club decides to ditch the 10 role, and go for 3 all out attackers,3 mids then the team wins that piece of crap la decima, after that little success or failure the clubs needs to get rid of motm of a cl final and go back to using a 10 to improve on the 3 semi finals exits.

does that make sense? val or zealous
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Lastly whether flo signs james or not, is besides the point, a lot of posters continues to pretend to be knowledgeable, when their aren't and clear lack of loyalty to the team that won the cup worth dying over, i bet if the team didn't win it, most of you would use it as an excuse to justify james, but since that isn't the case just like marca and AS, keep making stuff up that are completely irrelevant to footy itself and how it helps the team tactically.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Tbh this James stuff is probably all BS anyway.

Also chad don't blame Ozil for losing 3 semi finals in a row. That's just plain stupidity.

"so madrid plays with ozil aka next zidane got knocked out 3 semi finals in a row, then the club decides to ditch the 10 role"

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:25 pm

The club ditched the 10 role because, well, we got a new manager. As what has been seen by anyone who wants to see, Carlo does things a lot different than Mourinho. Ozil's departure is a bit more complex than what Chad has stated. Was just a perfect storm of events that took place.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm

im not blaming ozil, just saying that the 10 role got removed for the better and the team won stuff, so why bring go back to that instead of continuing  4-4-2 or 4-3-3

let me change that 4-2-3-1 we got knocked 3 semi in a row
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:49 pm

I dont think you can reason like that about formations in general as if there was something wrong with the 4231. There isn't, the right personnel can help you win anyhow.

I think we moved away from it because of CR. 442 or 433 suggests that you have players outwide, behind CR, that can assume more defensive tasks and support the fullback in positional defense.

It makes sense with regard to Carlo's obsession for balance. you cant afford to have one side of your team that's not working because your star player refuses to work.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:09 pm

that the point im getting at 4-2-3-1 doesn't work for madrid, that much is obvious, in crucial games the weakness gets exposed thus going back to the 10 route is silly might as well kept ozil
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Then tell it like that no need to take shots at Ozil...our team flopped not Ozil..Our club didnt ditch anything, then we should ve ditched the CF position as well because Benzema flopped against Bayern as well. Manager changed and formation change happened.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:27 pm

adit your opinion is worthless and again proves you only care about hype, higuain flopped more than benzema and guess who got sold? such a clown

i singled out ozil cause i know how you all hyped him, and thought the team would crash without him, how did that turn out again? and now you guys are acting exactly the same with james, when you all learn, not you adit your beyond help and val too, but there is hope for the rest of you

I'm still wondering if you guys hate isco now? where the he is magic and needs to be used in a 4-2-3-1, remember that isco can play false 9 cause he can dribble and score, how did that work out again? you guys keep failing and exposing yourself as causal who just want signings to wank about Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Stop trying to justify your unfair criticism. People might questioned Ozil sale and rightfully so because he is a quality player. Just like people will also question the club if Benzema is sold for Suarez. Stop it.

You look like a fool when trying to single out Ozil for our semi final exists.Benzema,Di Maria,Xabi all of them did no better than Ozil in all 3 semi finals...so stop it.Our team flopped ,end off.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 pm

your still proving the point ozil is more hyped so criticizing him is unfair Sad, but you can bash di maria and benzema none stop and its all good

i have seen due to hype alone countless bad games from ozil gets a free pass for a sick ball control and dribble, you know its true, same goes for isco and your doing it with james right now.

if fans like you were in charge you buy 30 kids cause of pace,dribbling and potential just like origi who again had a good game against usa>cl champion benzema adit stop it and your embarrassing yourself
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next