M99
zenmaster
guest_07
7 posters

Go down

Zmajevi - the Dragons Empty Zmajevi - the Dragons

Post by guest_07 Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 pm

bosnia thread

(Zmajevi is a nickname for bosnia team which mean dragons)

'Belgium and Bosnia can surprise at the World Cup' - Schmeichel

The retired Danish goalkeeper backed both nations and singled out Edin Dzeko as a key asset, along with German goalkeeper Neuer who he called the best in the game

Former Manchester United and Denmark goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has backed Belgium and Bosnia to cause a few upsets at the Fifa World Cup in Brazil next week.

Schmeichel was in Singapore over the weekend as part of a Sony Singapore campaign for the Xperia phone and met with local football fans at Somerset 313 and Bedok Mall.

An English Football Hall of Fame inductee, Schmeichel threw his support for Belgium as a team to look out for in the semi-finals, but added that winning the World Cup was something that was still a long way off.

"I think Belgium is a team to keep an eye on, looking at the players they have," said the Dane. "It’s a long way from thinking they can do well and win the World Cup. If I were a betting man, I would bet on them getting into the semis that’s how good I think they are. Again I think you need everything going your way"

Schmeichel also added that Bosnia and Herzegovinia, who were making their World Cup debut as an indepedent nation would be another team that should make waves in Brazil. He pointed to the team's impressive qualification record where they won eight of their 10 matches, and found the net a total of 30 times, and registered big wins, albeit against weaker oppositions.

The prolific Edin Dzeko, who finished the Uefa Qualification process as the second highest goalscorer with 10 goals, was another factor that Schmeichel pointed out would be key to their success.

"In terms of surprise teams that would go really well and [teams would] not [want to] meet them in the last 16 would be Bosnia," said the 50-year-old. "I think the way they qualified was fantastic and very suprising as well but they have Dzeko who could score goals and that could make a big difference in a tournament with many games in a short period of time. If you’ve got someone who could put goals into the back of the net, that would make a big difference."

But Schmeichel admitted that it would be hard to pick an outright winner at the World Cup given the quality of teams participating but added that South American teams were amongst the favourites and most European sides stood a good chance as well.

"We could have the best World Cup ever because the teams are so good," he said. "In terms of teams, who I think will have a good chance, a lot of the European teams have a great chance. Only a few I don’t think have a chance. Of course, South American teams like Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, are up there with the favourites."

He stated, however, that Joachim Low-led Germany had the advantage in terms of strength and depth, but warned that being able to utilise their assets effectively was another matter.

"When I look at all the other teams, the squads, preparation and players they have, if there is a small favourite, for me it’s Germany," said Schmeichel. "They have the strength and depth that no one else has. Jochim Low can pick any player to go out there and perform. But from having that kind of luxury to actually going out there and doing it (performing well), two different worlds."

Schmeichel also picked out German custodian Manuel Neuer as the best goalkeeper in the World Cup, citing the Bayern Munich player's bravery and determination at the Euro 2012 semi-final where he positioned himself in the centre circle as a sweeper.

"If you google Schmeichel and Neuer, I’ve said a lot about him," he replied. "He is for me, the best goalkeeper by a long way. First of all, all the basics are there completely and exactly where it should be. He’s proactive, brave, plays further up than anyone else."

"He’s that good and consistent that the team can play that further up the pitch as well. Which means he can turn the game. In the Italy game at Euro 2012, Germany lost it, but in the last 10 minutes he played in the centre circle. Whenever the ball came back, he was heading the ball back up. And I haven’t seen that. He’s thinking in a different way and brave enough to do that and has that instinct to do anything to win the game, and I like that."

Bosnia have been placed in Group F alongside Argentina, Iran and Nigeria. They kick-off their campaign on June 15 against Argentina. Belgium meanwhile have to contend with Algeria, South Korea and Russia in Group H. They play their first match on June 17 when they take on Algeria.

Germany start off against Portugal on June 16, with USA and Ghana rounding off their group.

source:
http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3999/world-cup-2014/2014/06/02/4854401/belgium-and-bosnia-can-surprise-at-the-world-cup-schmeichel

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zmajevi - the Dragons Empty Re: Zmajevi - the Dragons

Post by guest_07 Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:57 am

Bosnia announce final World Cup squad

By Alex Fisher28

Jun 3, 2014 12:13:00 AM
As Safet Susic had originally named a 24-man provisional squad, Ervin Zukanovic was the only casualty after he was refused a visa and missed the nation's training camp in the USA

Bosnia-Herzegovina have confirmed their final squad for the 2014 World Cup.

Ervin Zukanovic has been omitted as he was unable to travel with the to their training camp in the United States after being refused a visa.

The Gent defender was quoted as blaming the situation on the Bosnian football federation, who subsequently responded with a statement that confirmed the player would no longer be needed in Brazil.

Bosnia coach Safet Susic had originally named 24 players in his provisional squad, so the absence of Zukanovic means the other players who were originally selected have been retained.

Susic's men reached the finals after topping their qualifying group ahead of Greece, who subsequently made it to Brazil via the play-offs.

Bosnia face Mexico in their final warm-up match on Wednesday, before taking on Argentina, Nigeria and Iran in Group F at the World Cup.

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Asmir Avdukic (Borac Banja Luka), Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Jasmin Fezjic (Aalen).

Defenders: Muhamed Besic (Ferencvaros), Ermin Bicakcic (Eintracht Braunschweig), Sead Kolasinac (Schalke), Emir Spahic (Bayer Leverkusen), Toni Sunjic (Zorya), Ognjen Vranjes (Elazigspor).

Midifelders: Anel Hadzic (Sturm Graz), Izet Hajrovic (Galatasaray), Senijad Ibricic (Erciyespor), Senad Lulic (Lazio), Haris Medunjanin (Gaziantepspor), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Guizhou Renhe), Mensur Mujdza (Freiburg), Miralem Pjanic (Roma), Sejad Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Tino Susic (Hajduk Split), Edin Visca (Istanbul BB), Avdija Vrsajevic (Hajduk Split).

Forwards: Edin Dzeko (Manchester City), Vedad Ibisevic (Stuttgart).

source:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/06/03/4856911/bosnia-announce-final-world-cup-squad?ICID=HP_BN_11

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am

Full squad having two forwards only  hmm 

Do they have bunch of AM's ?
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

I bolieve in Bo-snia. They will beat Argentina, I know it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 am

Anyone else watching Bosnia-Mexico now?

Edit 1: What a terrible match. Neither Bosnia nor Mexico seem able to string 3 passes in a row. Bosnia lose the ball sooo easily it's ridiculous. Not concerned about them at all.

Edit 2: and just as I say that Mexico create 2 scoring chances. The first comes through a long ball to chicharito who hits the post, the other through a fast counter and terrible defending by Bosnia. And to think this Mexico team did worse in the qualifiers than Honduras Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:20 am

Goal Bosnia! 0-1
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:47 am

don't expect good football when it comes to underdog team like bosnia or greece

its better to expect on the result only

good football is just the bonus for the fan

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:50 am

It seems that I missed 3 good chances by starting to watch the match 10 minutes in. Have to say Mexico were lucky not to concede really early. Right now Bosnia looks the better team, but neither has been impressive.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 am

Neither are impressive teams, to be fair.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:02 am

you should expect impressive display from team like germany or argentina but not bosnia

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 am

Well sure, but the way people talk about Bosnia you would think they had that 2nd place in the group locked up. For some reason I was expecting more from them, but now I'm not so sure they'll get past the groups.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:08 am

i don't treat bosnia like they are 2nd best team after argentina

i can't control other fan to follow just like me

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:10 am

Ajmo jarani da uradimo neko cudo !! Very Happy Svi Makedonci su sa vama

Come on Bosnia let's create a wonder Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:38 am

Mexico 0-1 Bosnia-Herzegovina: Hajrovic ends El Tri's unbeaten run

Jun 4, 2014 7:54:00 AM
The Galatasaray attacker fired home Sejad Salihovic's cut-back to inflict a first defeat in seven for Miguel Herrera's men in the World Cup warm-up in America

Mexico's unbeaten streak was ended at seven matches after Bosnia-Herzegovina edged a 1-0 win in a friendly in Chicago on Tuesday.

Izet Hajrovic opened the scoring for the Bosnians on 41 minutes at Soldier Field, and it would be enough for the Balkan nation to secure their first win over Mexico in their three encounters.

The defeat was El Tri's first in their last seven encounters and dealt another damaging blow to their World Cup preparations, with the squad still reeling from the leg fracture which has ruled midfielder Luis Montes out of the finals.

Edin Dzeko, who scored a double in their 2-1 win over Cote d'Ivoire on Saturday, was leading the line once more for Safet Susic's men, with left-back Sead Kolasinac, left winger Edin Visca and defender Ognjen Vranjes missing from the XI that started against the Ivorians.

In for Bosnia came Senad Lulic, Mensur Mujdza and Sejad Salihovic - the latter already playing 71 minutes against Ivory Coast after Kolasinac was withdrawn due to a knee injury.

Muhamed Besic was handed just his second senior start in the Bosnian side, and the 21-year-old duly impressed as he firmed to feature in their Group F campaign in Brazil against Argentina, Iran and Nigeria.

Miguel Herrera's Mexico will now have to regroup as they continue their preparations for a Group A assignment against hosts Brazil, Cameroon and Croatia.

Herrera swung eight changes to his starting XI from the side who beat Ecuador 3-1 on Sunday, with captain Hector Moreno, Carlos Pena and Hector Herrera the only survivors.

Despite the changes, coach Herrera persisted with five men at the back, and as they sat deep, Bosnia maximised their time on the ball early and created several chances, none better than the one that fell to Dzeko.

Mexico failed to adequately clear a corner and the Manchester City man lashed a shot from close range over the crossbar in the seventh minute.

Javier Hernandez came closest to scoring for Mexico, when he hit the left upright on 24 minutes after controlling a long ball, taking a touch and firing into the woodwork.

Bosnia were continually frustrated by Mexico's deep lying defence, but they got the breakthrough they deserved on 41 minutes.

Salihovic got in behind the Mexican defence, and cut back a ball from the left byline which found Hajrovic, who smashed home the opener with a left-footed strike.

Allaying the fears of Bosnia fans, Kolasinac came on just after the half-time interval for Toni Sunjic.

Roma man Miralem Pjanic had the first on-target shot of the half, but his 48th-minute header failed to trouble Mexico custodian Alfredo Talavera.

Hector Herrera and Hernandez linked up well just prior to the hour-mark, but the former's shot from the edge of the area did not bother Bosnia goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, who watched the effort sail high and wide.

The difference between the two sides was typified by a period of play in which multiple Mexico corners failed to threaten, before Bosnia's 65th-minute corner saw Dzeko power a header just wide of the far post.

Begovic was forced into two fingertip saves late on - one from an Andres Guardado free kick in the 85th minute, before Miguel Angel Ponce's injury-time effort required intervention from the Stoke City man, who was at full stretch and tipped the strike onto the post.

source:
http://www.goal.com/en/match/mexico-vs-bosnia-herzegovina/1649177/report

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:28 am

highlight of bosnia vs mexico

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 am

Hajrovic: Bosnia may be better than Argentina

By Ryan Benson

Jun 12, 2014 8:08:00 PM
The Galatasaray midfielder believes his side are well prepared for their World Cup opener against the South American giants in what will be their World Cup debut

BET=ArgentinaARG£14.4DRAW£47.5BosniaBIH£80Bet365Bosnia-Herzegovina winger Izet Hajrovic has played down the threat posed by World Cup Group F rivals Argentina.

Alejandro Sabella's Argentina arrive in the tournament among the favourites to go all the way in Brazil and lift the tournament for the first time since 1986.

Hajrovic, however, has declared that Safet Susic's men may be in better physical shape than the Albiceleste ahead of the game.

"Physically we are ready," the Galatasaray man told 24sata.info.

"We played great in the preparatory matches against the Ivory Coast and Mexico, so we expect to be in Sunday's encounter with Argentina.

"We're doing well and I believe we are at (the level of), and maybe even better than Argentina.

"The normal thing is to have a bit of stage fright because we play the first game ever at the World Cup finals. However, it will be great motivation.

"Everyone expects to play and get a result, supporters say we will and this will get us our place in the second round."

Bosnia-Herzegovina are making their first World Cup finals appearance.

source:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/60/south-america/2014/06/12/4878199/hajrovic-bosnia-may-be-better-than-argentina?ICID=SP

is this a joke?

bosnia better than argentina? hahahahahah

however, i hope this bosnia team upset the albiceleste

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 am

Team stats
argentina vs bosnia
Total shots
11 vs 16
Shots on target
5 vs 11
Fouls
10 vs 14
Possession (%)
55% vs 45%
Corners
2 vs 6
Saves
10 vs 4
Offsides
0 vs 3
red card
0 vs 0
yellow card
1 vs 1

source
https://www.google.com.my/webhp?source=search_app&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=hLKeU-fTCsO6uAT_3oLADA#q=argentina+vs+bosnia+stat

bosnia had more shot on target but argentina was more decisive with their attacking move

Sad 

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 am

Well, I kept my fingers crossed for Bosnia. Pity they weren't more successful against Argentina.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:08 am

Argentina were not playing football until the 70th minute, Bosnia were better by far
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:22 am

the end of the road for the bosnia,  Sad 

nigeria shot on target = 13

bosnia shot on target = 10

bosnia lose to the better side, but not much different