Kick
iftikhar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Africa - Page 2 Empty Re: Africa

Post by farfan Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Robespierre wrote:Nothing of new.
I never will understand the hype and the expectations about African NTs, they will be crap even in South Africa 2014 when all thought that they would have given their best.

ghana 2010 deserved to be in the semi finals .

the thing i don't get is the expectations about asian teams... that whole gigantic  contient is yet to produce a single  bona fide world class player ffs , yet we have " experts " telling us that japan will be the next " first " time world cup winner :facepalm:

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:38 pm

farfan wrote:
I never will understand the hype and the expectations about African NTs, they will be crap even in South Africa 2014 when all thought that they would have given their best.

the thing i don't get is the expectations about asian teams... that whole gigantic  contient is yet to produce a single  bona fide world class player ffs , yet we have " experts " telling us that japan will be the next " first " time world cup winner :facepalm:

No they didnt
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
farfan wrote:

No they didnt

yes they did .

unless you think blocking shots with your hand is fair.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

farfan wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
farfan wrote:

No they didnt

yes they did .

unless you think blocking shots with your hand is fair.

No they didn't. Unless you can convert a penalty.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
farfan wrote:

the thing i don't get is the expectations about asian teams... that whole gigantic  contient is yet to produce a single  bona fide world class player ffs , yet we have " experts " telling us that japan will be the  next " first " time world cup winner :facepalm:

No they didnt

I agree with you. Far too many people have blamed Suarez for unfairly putting out Ghana in WC 2010. However in this case what he did was clearly spotted by the referee and immediate and correct punishment was applied. There are so many cases when such incidents in football go unpunished. Those players and teams should be blamed much more than Suarez and Uruguay. Here the one to blame is the much touted Ghana hero Asamoah Gyan who couldn't handle the pressure of the moment. Any team would kill for a last minute penalty in extra time. Ghana were given that and they blew it. Rather than blaming Suarez and Uruguay they would do well to look in the mirror.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:34 am

Some thoughts on Africa in general.

1. The way Cameroon have regressed since 1990 is hurting to say the least and this in spite of having had a superstar like Samuel Eto'o. I think the problem is their federation. Whatever good work the coaches do it undoes it by having disputes with the players each and every time.

2. Ghana have been the pride of Africa for so many years. The last two times they over-performed and this time I give Klinsmann credit for USA to get the better of them while losing the last two times. Can Ghana still rescue their case? Unfortunately they are in a very tough group and face powerhouse Germany next.

3. If Cameroon's collapse hurts then what about Senegal? After the heroics of 2002 why have they become a remained such a complete nonentity for so many years?

4. Nigeria have done reasonably well but it's still a far cry from the glorious teams of 1994 and 1998.

5. Egypt had such a successful run in the African Cup of Nations but they could never take their form to the world cup, mostly not even qualifying for the tournament.

6. Lastly we come to the Ivory Coast. On paper easily Africa's strongest squad of the last few years but invariably flattering to deceive. The nadir was losing to Zambia in the ACN final. That was only one of countless occasions when they have flattered to deceive though. This time they have been given a very easy group almost as an apology for their groups of death in the last two world cups. Not making the second round this time would be unforgivable, what say?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 am

Africa Thumbs up
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Algeria :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:Algeria :bow:

I have to admit I was premature in my criticism of this team. Playing really nicely today. Diego Maradona had said long before that he expected them to surprise.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 pm

lol at japan over CIV.
lol at korea over algeria.

and STILL... the worst region in football: asiaaaaaaaaaaa.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Massive match by Algeria against Korea
very glad about it ( after 2002 :coffee: )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2