The Franchise
futbol
CBarca
windkick
Winter is Coming
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 4 Empty Re: Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro

Post by Winter is Coming Fri 31 Jul - 11:12:30

Rakitic says the team are happy to work to serve the attackers, but admits it's hard work covering them defensively.

"Many people say that it is very easy to play with them," he told Marca. "I don't agree.

"They are players of a different level and if we play for them is because they have earned it, but that does not mean it's easy.

"And if I have to run 5,000 kilometers to one of them to have their best moment, I will do it. We do it.

"All teams would like to have Leo, but fortunately we have him with us and we will take care of him as best we can.

"He does things that no one else can do. Life is easiest with him and if we can make it even better, perfect."

Rakitic also revealed he is keen to add three more trophies to his collection between now and the end of the year.

He added: "In a short time, we are going to play for two more titles: the Uefa Supercup and Spanish Supercup and at the end of the year, the Club World Cup.

"It's so beautiful, we fight for trophies and we make a sacrifice in being away from our families.

"Sevilla have been reinforced very well, it will be very difficult against them. We know each other very well.

"I know Unai Emery will prepare the game very well. We will be prepared, and see if we can win the first title of the season."

What a legend. Glad we took him ahead of Kroos.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 4 Empty Re: Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro

Post by Myesyats Fri 31 Jul - 11:30:03

Neymar and Suarez run a lot. He probably means for Messi but it's stupid to single out
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun 11 Oct - 15:00:29

http://gfycat.com/FriendlyFragrantAntlion
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun 10 Mar - 18:41:30

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun 10 Mar - 19:13:57

Is it me or Mou just fired shots at Pogba? Laughing Anyway agree cent percent with Mou here. Rakitic >>>> Modric for me any day.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 10 Mar - 20:03:48

Didnt know about this thread, I thought not many of us rated him, since there were numerous complains about him when we were struggling during the past season or so, its good to we all appreciate him.

Hes really earned our respect and love him, his abilities, and most of all his attitude and work rate as already mentioned in the posts above, having to adapt and change his game and improve it after he joined us. I think a lot of players who join Barca if they can learn from him Im sure it will help them a lot too.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 29 Oct - 12:27:42

Ivan Rakitić has assumed that he will not continue at Barcelona. The midfielder wants to play and, if he can't do it at the Camp Nou, he will consider leaving in January. PSG are attentive to his situation. [tuttosport]

music to my ears

makes my heart warm seeing him not in the starting lineups consistently
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 29 Oct - 14:04:54

It's okay if he leaves, Arthur and De Jong are 10 years younger but if we're being honest, this is the worst season in terms of midfield performance. Imagine Rakitic being the starting midfielder in a game where Slavia Prague dominates us. lol

I don't buy the Arthur-De Jong hype just yet. In terms of age they have to start. In terms of performances there are some glimpses (mainly from Arthur, not seing that much from De Jong) but not much to write home about.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 29 Oct - 14:29:55

De Jong needs to play deeper to give his 100%, Arthur is fine and we need to sign an athletic AM or box-to-box like Vidal who fights for every ball.

But dropping Rakitic and Busquets has already been an improvement in itself.

I waited over 3 years for Rakitic to be dropped. About damn time
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 1 Sep - 1:03:18

He has left the club. Overstayed by a season perhaps. Still, a wonderful servant of the club. Great pro and did the thankless job in our midfield of carrying Messi's water. And he did it for 6 seasons. Thanks Ivan and good luck.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 1 Sep - 23:49:35

So the fee was 1.5M and apparently 9M in variables which includes Sevilla winning La Liga (5M) rofl

so at best we will get about 4M for him total

Segunda players go for higher fees. Ridiculous
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 2 Sep - 0:21:02

Barça are too nice to their former players. Look at Madrid, they sell their rejects for prime money.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 2 Sep - 0:36:58

Sure Madrid runs a proper business!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 2 Sep - 2:51:10

danyjr wrote:Barça are too nice to their former players. Look at Madrid, they sell their rejects for prime money.

It's the wages we pay. No club is willing to match it unless we give away players for free.
Only solution is to have a proper wage structure in place. And please no more $100m contracts for guys who wlak 90 mins.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed 2 Sep - 7:04:32

Myesyats wrote:So the fee was 1.5M and apparently 9M in variables which includes Sevilla winning La Liga (5M) rofl

so at best we will get about 4M for him total

Segunda players go for higher fees. Ridiculous

True....but at the same time none probably would pay more for him. He does not have a season left. He will be a regular bench warmer in Sevilla

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 2 Sep - 15:57:02

alexjanosik wrote:
danyjr wrote:Barça are too nice to their former players. Look at Madrid, they sell their rejects for prime money.

It's the wages we pay. No club is willing to match it unless we give away players for free.
Only solution is to have a proper wage structure in place. And please no more $100m contracts for guys who wlak 90 mins.
rakitic took a half pay wage cut to leave. I'm sure other teams would have been able to match his newly reduced wages, but he wanted Sevilla and apparently this is the onlu thing Sevilla could afford.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu 3 Sep - 2:27:27

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

rakitic took a half pay wage cut to leave. I'm sure other teams would have been able to match his newly reduced wages, but he wanted Sevilla and apparently this is the onlu thing Sevilla could afford.

Point remains. We give an old player(applies to young players as well but especially old players) an exorbitant that they are just not worth. We then try to get rid of said player. Interested club knows that we want to get rid of huge wages and hold all the leverage. So, they lowball.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 3 Sep - 4:15:37

Yeah agreed. Lack of discipline by the club to institute a wage structure has led us here. Iirc busquets earns twice what Lewa does, which is a bit incredible
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu 3 Sep - 7:57:38

When you signed Vidal he was in a similar situation and age. You paid €18 m for him yet you got nothing for Rakitić.
Bayern should be regarded as the benchmark for how you do business in football. In contrast Barça are the worst.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 8 Sep - 18:33:29

So what does everyone think of Rakitic in terms of his legacy at Barca? Enough to be considered one of the club legends? Or the next level down which I dont know if there is a name for Razz Or just another average player?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 8 Sep - 18:48:31

Outsider's view: Did a fine job at replacing Xavi / Iniesta, but not even close to a legend.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 8 Sep - 19:17:33

I'll remember him fondly even though he managed to get on my nerves quite frequently. Agreed not even close to legendary status but definitely we will reminisce of his tenure at Barca with a smile on our face years into the future.

Similarly to someone like Pedro Rodriguez, gave his all to the club and I will be forever grateful but he's rather easily forgettable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 9 Sep - 10:35:55

He played good when the team played good (treble). When the team was bad, he was even worse. Never remember him to giving any boost for the team.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu 10 Sep - 2:35:08

BarcaLearning wrote:So what does everyone think of Rakitic in terms of his legacy at Barca? Enough to be considered one of the club legends? Or the next level down which I dont know if there is a name for Razz Or just another average player?

Definitely not a legend. He was a very good player for us and a very good professional. Had the unenviable task of carrying Messi's water for 6 years and did it very well. Will be fondly remembered.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 11 May - 0:06:57

Loved how he celebrated after scoring the pen vs Real, if it means Real wont win the title, oh so special. Just elevated his status as a Barca legend for me Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4