Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who will go through?

73% 73% 
[ 22 ]
27% 27% 
[ 8 ]
 
Total Votes : 30

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 pm

uruguay without suarez rofl

cavani without suarez rofl

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:04 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:My main man Hames is going to deliver the performance of the tournament tonight.

Said it like Nostradamus.  Thumbs up 


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Zealous on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:05 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Underestimated Uruguay they said Laughing

Tonight proved what they are, a very average team who were very lucky to get through the groups as is.

I have to talk about Yepes though, 38 years old and hardly been bothered all tournament. Laughing


Uruguay went out to a good team tbh. They beat England and Italy so don't think that they "showed who they were" tonight. If anything their real character was clear in the groups.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

They showed a lot of character yes but they are a very limited team Suarez or no Suarez who got through large part due to lots of luck.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64556
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Ganso on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:09 pm

so now only costa rica are alive from the group of death Laughing
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Luck Laughing

It's quite clear their whole offense only runs when Suarez plays.

With him they are a decent side.

Without they're shit.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:10 pm

@Zealous wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Underestimated Uruguay they said Laughing

Tonight proved what they are, a very average team who were very lucky to get through the groups as is.

I have to talk about Yepes though, 38 years old and hardly been bothered all tournament. Laughing


Uruguay went out to a good team tbh. They beat England and Italy so don't think that they "showed who they were" tonight. If anything their real character was clear in the groups.


I agree. Before the tournament I said Uruguay were an over the hill team. Considering that I feel they have overachieved and at least don't deserve to be mocked.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:11 pm

So now for the question that I have been wanting to ask for a long time.

Which is the better team - Colombia or Chile?


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Well if Colombia beat Brazil and I think they will, then surely means >> Chile.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Pedram on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Colombia is easily the best team in South America. :bow:

_________________
avatar
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5863
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:13 pm


_________________
My name's unique and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.
avatar
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Zealous on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:13 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
@Zealous wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Underestimated Uruguay they said Laughing

Tonight proved what they are, a very average team who were very lucky to get through the groups as is.

I have to talk about Yepes though, 38 years old and hardly been bothered all tournament. Laughing


Uruguay went out to a good team tbh. They beat England and Italy so don't think that they "showed who they were" tonight. If anything their real character was clear in the groups.


I agree. Before the tournament I said Uruguay were an over the hill team. Considering that I feel they have overachieved and at least don't deserve to be mocked.


Exactly, a team can lose and not be terrible. However some people only feel the need to speak in extremes for some reason.

I'd rather people focus on how good Columbia were because they did a fantastic job of showing how good they really are.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:16 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:Luck Laughing

It's quite clear their whole offense only runs when Suarez plays.

With him they are a decent side.

Without they're shit.


Laugh all you want but they clearly benefited from a great deal of luck.

Godin not sent off against England, Gerrard back pass, Suarez not sent off, Marchisio red and Godin scoring winner against Italy when he shouldn't have been playing.

Glad to see the luck filled, talentless thugs gone.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64556
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Robespierre on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 pm

For example , to complete all , Chievo Verona Legend Mario Yepes is the best CB of this World Cup hmm

_________________
Remember what the dormouse said
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12295
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:18 pm

@ Moal

I'm glad their gone as well, don't get me wrong.

But their only chance in the tournament was Suarez and every man and their cat knew it.

Whoever expected them to beat Colombia Laughing

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:19 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:Well if Colombia beat Brazil and I think they will, then surely means >> Chile.

Yes I agree with that but if they don't then this for me remains an interesting question. Of course even if Colombia go out we could compare just how much they were able to push Brazil compared to Chile.


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:21 pm

@Zealous wrote:However some people only feel the need to speak in extremes for some reason.

Mole is a tremendous poster at the forum and great observer of the game but at times he does speak in hyperboles.


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Ganso on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Chile are a better team imo, Colombia just have some great individuals, mainly cuadrado and hames.Chile were a bit unlucky today as many brazillian journalists are saying Chile won the game,Brazil won the qualification
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:@ Moal

I'm glad their gone as well, don't get me wrong.

But their only chance in the tournament was Suarez and every man and their cat knew it.

Whoever expected them to beat Colombia Laughing


I still would have favoured Colombia tbh, would have been closer obviously but they have much more quality as a whole.

Funny thing is they arguably played within themselves tonight, they had a few more gears to go to if necessary IMO.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64556
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 pm

@Ganso wrote:Chile are a better team imo, Colombia just have some great individuals, mainly cuadrado and hames.Chile were a bit unlucky today as many brazillian journalists are saying Chile won the game,Brazil won the qualification


My thoughts are very similar and have been right since when the tournament started.


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:33 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Funny thing is they arguably played within themselves tonight, they had a few more gears to go to if necessary IMO.


Very true but they will not be the only one. After all the praise for the thrill provided by the world cup group stage the harsh reality is that in the knock outs teams will tend to be conservative, sometimes even seemingly unnecessarily.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:35 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Don't call me James wrote:@ Moal

I'm glad their gone as well, don't get me wrong.

But their only chance in the tournament was Suarez and every man and their cat knew it.

Whoever expected them to beat Colombia Laughing


I still would have favoured Colombia tbh, would have been closer obviously but they have much more quality as a whole.

Funny thing is they arguably played within themselves tonight, they had a few more gears to go to if necessary IMO.


Agree with the last part. Colombia didn't even need to get out of 2nd gear it was that simple for them. If situation calls for it, I think they can raise their game to another level.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Zealous on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:
Whoever expected them to beat Colombia Laughing


Come on now, the last team to beat Columbia was Uruguay. Would it really have been so impossible for them to pull out another win?

Columbia were better but upsets happen.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:43 pm

I'm pretty sure Pekerman h&m gave the instructions once mejia came on to sit back which I still don't understand why.

Bringing on Guarin then Ramos was exactly what needed to make sure Uruguay wouldn't get too comfortable in our own half
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4145
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Pekerman does that lol, he's a really great coach but he does have a habit of lets say sometimes getting itchy feet lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64556
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 pm

@Rebaño Sagrado wrote:uruguay without suarez rofl

cavani without suarez rofl

That Uruguay midfield doesn't have an inch of creativity in it. Without Suarez Cavani is responsible for both creating and scoring. Simply too much for one man, especially for a striker.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23394
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Colombia (1C) vs Uruguay(2D) 28.06.14

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum