iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Gianluca Di Marzio @DiMarzio · 41m
Liverpool, c’è l’offerta al Benfica per Markovic: i dettagli http://fb.me/34hbyuWER

Liverpool, there's offer to Benfica for Markovic: the details

06/07/2014 - 18:39
Gianluca Di Marzio
lazar-markovic-1345197996-160,260
A talent showcase, Lazar Markovic has come under fire for Liverpool. Who has submitted a tender really important to try to take it away from Benfica for € 25 million. A respectable figure for a talented class of 1994, which many consider to be one of the best young prospect. Serbian striker who Benfica bought from Partizan Belgrade last year, and the card which is 50% of the Portuguese club and 50% of the agent Pini Zahavi. Markovic has shown great personality and talent out of the ordinary in his first year in Portugal, now the attentions of Liverpool betting on him to give back the assault on the Premier. With a Markovic more in the engine

Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano · 38m
Liverpool made €25M bid to Benfica for Lazar #Markovic #LFC

Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano · 23m
What a player, Lazar Markovic. He would be perfect for Liverpool, more than Shaqiri. Let's see if Benfica will accept €25M bid #LFC

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Serbian striker who Benfica bought from Partizan Belgrade last year, and the card which is 50% of the Portuguese club and 50% of the agent Pini Zahavi.
Is there a third-party ownership!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Serbian striker who Benfica bought from Partizan Belgrade last year, and the card which is 50% of the Portuguese club and 50% of the agent Pini Zahavi.
Is there a third-party ownership!!!

Yeah.Also not 100% but think Chelsea will get a share of the transfer fee as well i think
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Lovren is going full throttle  Laughing 

Summer of 2014: Part 2 MF5ApuK
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Our interest in Markovic is genuine

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 2m
Liverpool hope to conclude a deal to sign Lazar Markovic this week.

Markovic will undergo his medical and sign a contract with Liverpool this week. €25m is the whole fee. Benfica will receive €12,5m. [O Jogo]
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:43 pm

I see McAgger has gone fully Red Alert on the GD section of summer thread.

Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:16 pm

We're spending £100m and getting the likes of Lambert, Bertrand, Lovren, Can and some teenage kid Origi that no one knew before the world cup. Do you expect me to fap to that Sep?

Lallana and Markovic look like the only capable starters from this lot. Even Lallana is a stretch on whether he can bench Coutinho/Allen.

When you spend so much money you would hope that most of them can slot in and be starters. We are buying for the future once again and I promise you most of them won't live up to their potential.

We just missed out on the title on the last day of the season and instead of kicking on we're going to downgrade ourselves to top 4 fighting team.

Only silver lining is that Rodgers is our coach.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Emre Can won't be a starter. He's not even good enough to push Hendo or Gerrard to become a starter at the moment. He's one for the future.

Lambert won't be a starter. Bought to be 4th choice. I *bleep* hate buying for depth.

Origi won't even stay with the club as the plan is to loan him back to Lille. buying for the future.

Bertrand won't be a starter or an improvement. Enrique is miles better than him. And even Flanno will be ahead of him.

Lovren isn't even better than Sakho, Agger, or Skrtel. NOT an improvement. In fact Ilori >> paying 20m for this scrub.

Lallana signed to be a starter. But is he really that big of an improvement to permanently bench Coutinho/Sterling/Hendo/Allen? He's definitely going to help us, but probably more towards the whole squad than a guaranteed first teamer.

Markovic is the only guy that is quality enough to start as Suarez will leave.

How is this an improvement to what we had last season?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 pm

1 month ago, you said you're over the moon with Lambert signing.

We haven't signed Lovren and Bertrand yet.

Emre Can will feature a lot more than you'd think. Lallana would also be an undisputed starter.

Plenty of times to wet your knickers....too early to come out with conclusions

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Ignore Lambert as I genuinely am happy about him, he's not going to play much but he didn't cost much and will be useful if we need a goal on the last seconds of a match from a corner so meh.

We're spending almost 100m on 6 players then and as a whole our first team is downgraded as a result Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 am

Locked the original thread for you guys.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 am

Lambert was an okay signing for a backup, but Mcagger is right we need to start buying players who are going to improve our first 11 weaknesses.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 am

Which we are... or are trying to. The issue appears to be that people disagree with who the club believe can do just that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 am

The club have proven to be very wrong on many an occasion with transfers. It's time people in that committee start working for their jobs or start getting booted (bar Rodgers of course Razz  ). The scouting seems to be really really lazy or just plain inept. No one in their right mind would think Bertrand or even Lovren are an improvement to what we currently have in those positions and yet it appears that we already have submitted a formal bid in the region of 20m for Lovren (YES AN OPENING BID). And you can't possibly tell me Bertrand is the only available LB option after Alberto Moreno that we can get in the market.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 am

The lovren 20 mil bid for asnt the opening bid.. It was the 3rd bid after the first 2 were rejected
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 am

Lovren is a good option to buy and as a young player put in a very strong season this past year. I'd rather him than Skrtel on the right of Sakho/Agger next season.

Origi, Markovic and Can are all solid signings and aside from Origi can make an impact this season. People are underrating the impact Can can make already (he was a very good player in Germany this season as a 19/20 year old) and Markovic has all the looks of a player that can step in and make an immediate impact and then continue to grow...I think he can be one of the best wingers in the EPL as early as this season with what he brings to the table as long as he adjusts well. A front 3 of Markovic, Sturridge and Sterling has ridiculous pace and trickery.

A midfield of Henderson, Allen/Coutinho and Gerrard is very solid, composed and can do a lot of work. Meanwhile Lallana and Coutinho are both very versatile and can fill in up front or in the middle while you also have Borini and Lambert sitting around. Then you have Can as well.

The transfers have been fine so far. I'd like to see a bit more ambitious of targets for left back and one more "elite" attacker, but this team is going to be very strong at this point regardless of whether or not that happens. However, I'll say again...a transfer window of: Lambert, Can, Lallana, Markovic, Origi, Lovren, a leftback and another good attacker would be a very successful one.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 am

I'm more with Maggsy here, I'm not too impressed right now. Too many of our signings seem to be from the 'hopeful' category once again.

Lambert - I like it for the fee was modest and he will bring something to the team.

Lallana - Paid too much for him (Tottenham have Eriksen for 12m :facepalm: ), but at least we know he is ready to do a job for us.

Can - I like his signing perhaps the most; buying the same quality from the Prem would have been much more expensive. I think he will feature quite a bit.

Origi - Well, shouldn't be judged as a signing for this season but one for the future. However, he didn't showcase any special talent at the World Cup, the only arena where I've seen him. Feels like Borini Mk. II (btw, I'm not sure if I can see both of them in the squad in 2015-16).

Lovren - Why for the love of Jack Black we want to do half of our transfer business at Southampton... Too expensive, at £20m (or more :facepalm: ) he should be a starter, too, and I would rather start Skrtel & Sakho. I don't think the slight issue with our defending last season can be fixed by signing an expensive CB, the full-backs and midfield's defending was more the problem, imo.

Markovic - €25m for a 20-year-old is a lot, but I understand that's what top young talent costs nowadays. Have never seen him play, so cannot judge him at all. I just hope he is ready to hit the ground running, then, if he is our main attacking signing so far.

I do see the rationale behind all of those signings, but it does worry me more than I would like that that's a ~£100m spending spree without a stand-out name. It smacks of Tottenham in previous summer, just with more unknown names.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 am

Our transfer committee is trash. That is all.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

^ Been saying it for months lol. Glad people are opening their eyes.

It gets even better. Napoli want to loan Reina AND Lucas which Liverpool are keen to do as we're negotiating with them according to Di Marzio (very reliable when it comes to the Serie A).

Sanchez rejects Liverpool, Liverpool waste time still trying to sign him...

Love it. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 am

This is how I view our signings & rumours till date

Lambert: He is supposed to replace Aspas and if we can dispose the later for similar (or a bit higher) price, I would happy with it. Also, I think he might become more valuable/useful than what we are expecting from him.

Lallana: This one is a gamble. He must perform at the level he did last season, if not at a higher level. If he does, it will turn out to be a good signing.

Emre: The Jack up the Sleeves, IMO. He isn’t just one for the future but will also (at least expected to) fill-in for Gerrard in some games, leaving the later fresher for key games.

Bertrand: Totally creeps me out. How can a player reaching his prime playing tid-bit parts be the alternative for a young player who has supposedly far higher ceiling and has played regularly!!!

Lovren: Another ‘ :facepalm: ’ rumour/target. He is 25 and wouldn’t be improving any further. Didn’t do anything spectacular in domestic season or World Cup.

Markovic: Haven’t seen this guy but the general consensus is that he is of undoubted quality. But with imminent/rumoured departure of Suarez, we need someone with proven quality and not just potential quality. May be he will surprise us and perform at a higher level than he has so far.

Origi: One for the future. Since he will be loaned-back to Lille, he will have lots of competitive games to further his development and allow us to monitor his progress.

I think if we sign someone better than Bertrand & Lovren and a Rues/Sanchez/Shaqiri quality player in addition to Markovic, we will have enough quality and cover to match (or better) our last season’s performance.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 am

Just out of curiosity, why does everyone think Emre Can is replacing Gerrard?

He's a box-to-box with a some-what defensive mindset and a huge engine. Exactly what Henderson was to us last season... from everything I've seen he'll be rotated / a back-up to Jordan; NOT Gerrard.

Markvovic isn't any better than Sterling and isn't even a guaranteed starter at Benfica from what I've seen. He was always a back-up to Eduardo Salvio from when I saw them play, which to be fair, wasn't many games but not too sure why people will think he's ready / start here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 am

Aspas is supposedly off to Sevilla for 3.5m. More than 50% loss, and less than what we paid for Lambert. Horrible negotiating as usual.

On a different note, are we even in a position to buy players for a relatively high price and to loan them back?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:12 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Aspas is supposedly off to Sevilla for 3.5m. More than 50% loss, and less than what we paid for Lambert. Horrible negotiating as usual.

On a different note, are we even in a position to buy players for a relatively high price and to loan them back?

If you're referring to Origi it's not really a matter of being in position to make the move so much as it was a deal breaker. Lille was not going to sell to us unless we agreed to loan him back. Obviously Liverpool see Origi as player for the future that will make a decent impact if not become a star so the loan is worth the wait. Plus, it's good for him to be getting consistent first team football there and growing as a player which he wouldn't get at Liverpool.

Red Alert wrote:Just out of curiosity, why does everyone think Emre Can is replacing Gerrard?

He's a box-to-box with a some-what defensive mindset and a huge engine. Exactly what Henderson was to us last season... from everything I've seen he'll be rotated / a back-up to Jordan; NOT Gerrard.

Why not playing along-side Henderson? Imagine having two Hendersons in midfield insulating Gerrard defensively while allowing him to 'control' the midfield tactically. I don't think this is a bad option at all if we're going to be playing an attacking style 4 - 3 - 3, or even better if we switch to a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 when Gerrard isn't playing to make use of our strong young attacking talent + Lallana buy.

Gerrard/??? Allen?
Henderson/Allen/Can - Can/Coutinho/Allen
Sterling/Markovic/Lallana - Sturridge/Lambert - Markovic/Coutinho/Lallana

Or...

Henderson - Can
Sterling - Coutinho/Lallana - Markovic/Coutinho
Sturridge/Lambert

I'd really, really like to get another WC attacker that can either work with or back-up Sturridge for when he needs to miss games though. Lambert isn't that guy.

Markvovic isn't any better than Sterling and isn't even a guaranteed starter at Benfica from what I've seen. He was always a back-up to Eduardo Salvio from when I saw them play, which to be fair, wasn't many games but not too sure why people will think he's ready / start here.

Not a guaranteed starter but when did you see him play? He mostly started in league, started all but one of their CL matches and split time in the Europa league. Markovic is young and will likely continue to improve, he's versatile and while he might not be a guaranteed starter here he definitely has that potential. If not he can be a super sub and imagine the pace and flair on the field if we are going into the final 30 mins of the game with Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic and Sturridge in a 3 - 1 formation.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:15 pm

"@LFCZA: Tony Evans busy with a webchat,some #LFC snippets comng up...
@LFCZA: On the question of #Sanchez: Evans: "I wouldn't bet on him going to Anfield, Arsenal a bigger possibility" #LFC
@LFCZA: Tony Evans suggests Lucas #Leiva will leaving #LFC @LFCZA: Evans: #Moreno probably won't happen #LFC
@LFCZA: On the question whether #LFC will go after #Shaqiri if we don't get #Sanchez, Tony Evans says he can't see it happening. "
@LFCZA: Evans on #Sanchez: Doesn't want to leave Barca, if he does, prefers Juve, but if England, then prefers Arsenal. #LFC least likely.
@LFCZA: Evans expects Kolo #Toure to stay as he signed a 2 year deal at #LFC (so one year left basically)
@LFCZA: #Suarez replacement? Evans: "Think theyre happy with Sturridge as front-line striker. Rather than bring a megastar theyll get good players"
@LFCZA: On whether #LFC can reach the top 4, Evans: All about who they buy, how they set up. We'll learn a lot about a lot of people this season.1/2
@LFCZA: Evans (cont): "With a better back four they still have the players to reach top four" 2/2 #LFC
@LFCZA: Tony was asked whether #Bertrand was done and whether #LFC would go for another LB, reply "Think that would give them cover"
@LFCZA: Asked again, specifically whether #Agger was leaving, Evans says "Positive, tried twice before" #LFC
@LFCZA: Evans on #Reina: "Off to Napoli on a free (or close)" #LFC
@LFCZA: Evans again on #Agger - "I like Agger, but he's not physical enough." #LFC
@LFCZA: On #Huntelaar, Evans says "One veteran striker is enough" #LFC
@LFCZA: Whether #Markovic #Lovren, #Origi are only targets left & whether any marquee signings, Evans "There'll be a few signings & a few surprises"
@LFCZA: Evans again on #Sanchez "Apparently his wife would prefer Italy but he can sell her London" #LFC
@LFCZA: On whether a deal for #Bertrand is likely & what he can add to the team, Evans says "Well, Rodgers knos him well, that's a plus" #LFC
Evans: "when Suarez arrived he wasn't considered one of the best in world. They've got seriously high hopes for Markovic"

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next