McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Inzaghi's retired from playing, and over 40 years old.
Eto'o was playing in the CL and competing for trophies just last season, at 33 years old.

Absolute nonsense post from Morte there. Shocking.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Just demonstrating that posting career stats means little when we're talking about past it players and are in need of a player who can perform well right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Eto'o can perform well now. He just came off a season where he scored a goal every two games. How many players did that in the EPL this past season? And he wasn't a first choice player, and he was playing on a very defensive team. He also scored important goals.

Playing for Liverpool he would do well because he fits in better with our team's playstyle, and would probably end up getting on quite a bit since Sturridge seems to have problems getting healthy/number of games.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:Just demonstrating that posting career stats means little when we're talking about past it players and are in need of a player who can perform well right now.

Except you didn't do that at all. Eto'o scored just about 1 goal every other match in the PL last season. Inzaghi has been retired for several years. It's a fallacious point and blatantly so as well. It doesn't prove anything, it doesn't support any point, it merely makes you appear a bit desperate to support your view which doesn't appear to have much foundation if you're reaching so far to find some.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Well wtf, you think I was being serious when I asked Sepi would he sign Inzaghi, too? He posted Eto'o's career stats and I posted Inzaghi's to demonstrate there are other old players with impressive stats, yet they don't mean we should be signing them.

Eto'o didn't have a bad season, but he would be a disappointing signing. If we were told in June that we're signing Eto'o, we would have been disappointed. The guy's been a free agent all summer, if Rodgers genuinely thought he'd be the right player for us, we'd have signed him in June. Signing a past it Eto'o now would be just desperate and disappointing.

That said, I haven't seen much reliable links about the whole thing, so I'm hopeful it's just one of those rumours without any basis.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 pm

I have my concerns over Eto'o's age as well, but you simply managed to pull the most asinine, silly, and frankly outlandish means possible out of your arse to make your point. It completely undermined the rest of your efforts and needed to be called out for the utter nonsense of it.

The fact that he managed to score almost 1 in every 2 last season suggests he certainly is not "past it" as you suggest on top of that... and it certainly doesn't engender comparisons with a player who DIDN'T EVEN PLAY LAST SEASON.

"Underwhelming" and "disappointing" mean jack-all. What we need now is a player who's functional and willing to accept his role in the squad, which means back-up this season and even lower next once Origi arrives and we (potentially) make other moves). Eto'o, for all of the other issues I have with him, fits that profile perfectly. He also adds huge experience in the top echelons and a consistent pedigree on top of that. I thought we'd collectively moved on from this all-consuming desire for a "marquee signing" or "target man CF" that gets a lot of press but doesn't fit into the squad's needs or system already this window.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 pm

there is no reason to believe the fee for Moreno is 12m. I just dont belive such stupid things.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

oka now everyone on planet Liverpool is claiming it  scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:40 pm

If someone told me in January we'll be selling Suarez or 75m and we'll be replacing him with 32 year old Lambert and 33 year old Eto'o for a combined 4m I would've shat my pants laughing in your face. Laughing

Reeks desperation this transfer.

I'll tell you what, ONE signing can make us challengers. Get a CLASS attacker and we'll win the league I have no doubts about it.

But if it's someone like Eto'o as a stop gap then we're just basically wasting a year we could compete massively in.

Having said, it looks like the 3 class attackers available we just CANNOT afford (Falcao, Cavani, Di Maria).

We can either sign a decent attacker like Bony/Balotelli/JayRod/Muriel/etc and waste the money OR we can wait until January or next summer and see if anyone else becomes available (REUS) and just sign a stop gap like Eto'o.

The latter option would definitely lower our chances of challenging massively.

Anyways whatever Rodgers does I'm for it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:07 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:there is no reason to believe the fee for Moreno is 12m. I just dont belive such stupid things.

Except that The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times, The Liverpool Echo, The BBC, Sky Sports, The Mirror, The Daily Fail, ESPN, NBC, and basically every other news source is reporting an initial fee of £12m.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 pm

It's definitely 12m. Ayre is a god.

also
https://vine.co/v/MYeWx03Ih1Q
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 pm

I think 2m is very low for Kelly. Bartrand went for 8m ffs. And Kelly imo is still a very solid player. I think we should've loaned him out and sold him after he's raised his stock.

But good luck to him nonetheless. Always liked him but unfortunately the knee injury ruined his chances with us.

YNWA
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Red, reliable papers here such as El Diaro Vasco and El Correo seem to be slow in reporting the news about Moreno.

And, I have been out of touch with (ALL) of our transfer news/rumours so thus am not qualified to comment. So..

Can you give me any concrete reason to believe that Moreno will indeed become a Liverpool player?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Arq it's done. Everyone reliable is saying it and Moreno was in tears saying goodbye to his teammates in the Super Cup.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 pm

In the absence of a real top addition, I think Eto'o is actually a pretty great idea.
He may be too much over it to be a full first team player, but he still is the greatest player that played in the premier league last seaon.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:Kolo is staying.

GTFO Art
Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 29 KOLO-LEVELS-PHIL-DOWD

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolo-toure-close-liverpool-exit-7598743

Kolo Toure's Liverpool FC career looks to be coming to and end with Turkish side Trabzonspor claiming they are close to completing his signing.

The 33-year-old defender joined the Reds last summer on a free transfer after being released by Manchester City.

Toure joined on a two-year deal but just over 12 months into his contract the Reds appear ready to sell him.

Reports suggest that Liverpool have agreed a transfer that will pocket them around £1.6m for the Ivory Coast international.

Trabzonspor president Ibrahim Haciosmanoglu is quoted as saying: “We are building the type of squad which we promised to the fans.

“We have agreed terms with Kolo Toure and we will bring him to the club.”

Toure has made 24 appearances for Liverpool.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Also Hyypia wants to loan out Robbo at Brighton. Now with Moreno happening, this definitely seems likely

None of them are official but rumors or very close:

Kolo Toure -> Trabzonspor
Martin Kelly -> Crystal Palace
Tiago Ilori -> Bordeaux (loan)
Jack Robinson -> Brighton (loan)
Oussama Assaidi -> Stoke City
Fabio Borini -> Sunderland
Sebastian Coates -> Sampdoria (loan)

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:there is no reason to believe the fee for Moreno is 12m. I just dont belive such stupid things.

Except that The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times, The Liverpool Echo, The BBC, Sky Sports, The Mirror, The Daily Fail, ESPN, NBC, and basically every other news source is reporting an initial fee of £12m.

Fahim89 wrote:oka now everyone on planet Liverpool is claiming it scratch
pls dont do this with me  No 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I think 2m is very low for Kelly. Bartrand went for 8m ffs. And Kelly imo is still a very solid player. I think we should've loaned him out and sold him after he's raised his stock.

But good luck to him nonetheless. Always liked him but unfortunately the knee injury ruined his chances with us.

YNWA
Bertrand hasn't missed significant amounts each of the past 3 or 4 seasons with injury, though.

Arquitescu wrote:Red, reliable papers here such as El Diaro Vasco and El Correo seem to be slow in reporting the news about Moreno.

And, I have been out of touch with (ALL) of our transfer news/rumours so thus am not qualified to comment. So..

Can you give me any concrete reason to believe that Moreno will indeed become a Liverpool player?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/168778-reds-agree-moreno-deal-in-principle

Reds agree Moreno deal in principle

Liverpool can confirm they have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of Spain international full-back Alberto Moreno.

The Reds will proceed with the formalities of finalising the deal for the 22-year-old over the coming days and will make no further announcement until it is complete.

https://vine.co/v/MYeWx03Ih1Q

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 8m
#LFC have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of Spain defender Alberto Moreno: http://lfc.tv/Ad4X

LFC USA ‏@LFCUSA 7m
Liverpool have reached an agreement in principle with Sevilla for the transfer of Spain international full-back Alberto Moreno.

Guillem BalagueVerified account ‏@GuillemBalague
Alberto Moreno not playing for Sevilla today as it's all sorted with Liverpool

Henry WinterVerified account ‏@henrywinter
Sevilla fans, players & staff saying an emotional farewell to a tearful Alberto Moreno, who's off to #lfc. Hugely popular academy product

Tony BarrettVerified account ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have agreed a fee with Sevilla for Alberto Moreno who is now expected to be pulled out of tonight's Super Cup game in Cardiff.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4174367.ece

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28765444

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/12/liverpool-agree-12m-fee-to-sign-alberto-moreno-from-sevilla

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723162/Alberto-Moreno-set-Liverpool-transfer-pulling-Sevilla-s-UEFA-Super-Cup-final.html

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-agree-deal-sign-sevilla-7603382

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/12/en/football/international_football/1407868524.html

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/498555/Liverpool-AGREE-12m-deal-for-Sevilla-defender-Alberto-Moreno

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9419167/liverpool-agree-deal-for-sevilla-left-back-alberto-moreno

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/12/liverpool-agree-fee-for-alberto-moreno-as-defender-omitted-from-sevilla-super-cup-squad-4830447/

http://www.espnfc.us/story/1982568/liverpool-agree-12-million-pound-deal-for-left-back-alberto-moreno#

Last edited by RedOranje on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 pm

I know, it looked such a stupid thought when I had posted for the first time, that we should (probably may) keep all four of them Agger, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren :coffee:
of course, no need to appreciate my hidden talent, thnx anyways Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 am

To Messia and especially Red, thank you profusely for ending my doubts and providing me a wonderful outlet to confirm Moreno's imminent arrival. As Red taught me, Barrett along with the Echo are the only sources I should note as the best transfer index point.

I can lay testament that Moreno will be fantastic for us as for all his rawness, the talent that is latent within him is undoubtable as here we have a young, hungry and incredibly exciting fullback who has shown progress faster than expected of him.

Very happy with Ayre.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 am

While I'd also be disappointed in Eto'o, any claim that the signing would have a substantial negative impact on our season is premature. He'll be able to do a job, and wouldn't be more than a stopgap. I wouldn't mind seeing him start 10-15 games in all competitions this year while Sturridge is out, and it's possible it won't even be that many.

It should also be pointed out that last time we ran into issues trying to sign an attacker at the end of the summer, we got Sturridge in on January 1. With the amount of money we reportedly have left to still spend, if the team says they think we're better off waiting for three months, I'm fine waiting for three months. We're far better covered this time around than we were back then - we won't be seeing Jonjo Shelvey playing as a number 9 any time soon.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:06 am

Don't call me James wrote:I think 2m is very low for Kelly. Bartrand went for 8m ffs.

He is on loan to Southampton .No one has paid 8 mil for him
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 am

Samuel Eto’o is another player interesting Liverpool but there has been no approach for the veteran Cameroon striker as yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/12/raheem-sterling-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-new-level
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

12m pounds is absolutely beautiful.

Also Mc, Ill be using that Kolo gif everytime i want someone to gtfo rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:36 am

Samuel Eto’o has turned down Liverpool’s initial contract offer but hopes to receive an improved deal. (The Times - Gary Jacob)

Everton have also expressed an interest in the former Chelsea striker. (The Times - Gary Jacob

Kolo Toure, the Liverpool centre back, is on the verge of moving to Trabzonspor in Turkey. (The Times - Gary Jacob)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next