zarola
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Onyx
58 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:if that happens switch modric and kroos, play modric on the left
Modric is no Di Maria in terms of speed, work rate or defense period... he's decent. But he can't completely compensate for an absent player like Di Maria can while being effective everywhere. We'd basically be sacrificing Modric' legs.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am sure he did love the combo, but he cant fit both of them, Lahm, Bastian and Martinez all in the same side considering his love for Lahm in the pivot.

Aswell the Danish kid im sure he wants to start using knowing him.

Yes, but that's a given anyway that not everyone can start always for us.
Schweini has injury issues and isn't getting younger.
Plus Martinez will likely play in the three man defense if we use it more often this season as I can imagine we will.

Don't get me wrong, we will be fine, I'm looking forward to seeing more from Höjbjerg, also Alaba always wanted to play midfield eventually so with Bernat coming in we can try that sometimes.

But it's not an everyday occurrence that you have an absolute class midfielder like Kroos coming through from the youth (well, with the club since 17) into your team who reaches such a level so quick.
You seem like you don't rate him that much, but for me I don't think players of that quality come around that often, less so from my own clubs youth, which means even more.
No matter how much potential we see in Höjbjerg, or anyone, he's 18 and no Kroos yet. Thiago is no Kroos yet either by the way, Kroos played consistently on a very high level now for 2-3 years. That's not nothing.
He could and should have been player that is a pillar in midfield for us for many years.

But he has other plans, so let's watch him ruin his career at Real.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:36 pm

No I do rate Kroos, I just dont think he is indispensable and I think like you said, you will be fine without him and I think Pep isnt very worried.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Kroos is an exact Alonso clone... slower, great passing range and good tactical awareness. His defensive positioning is not as good; but that can be taught. That's the position i see him in. So for me, he's been bought to replace Alonso immediately or eventually, not Di Maria.

It means goodbye for Illaremendi though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm not worried either, I'm just sad..

Noone is indispensible, but this one hits close to home.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 am

Pep played Höjbjerg a lot already at the end of last season.
Though we cannot forget his father died in spring, so I cannot shake the feeling Pep gave him a few minutes extra to keep him occupied.

But I'm looking forward to seeing him get more time, as the kid looks great. Very confident at 18 years old, physically strong, can do it all. Can absolutely see him coming good.
Still at that age you just can't be of such importance for a team and we can't expect him to 'replace' a player like Kroos.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:08 am

We could have won La Liga if Ancelotti took a risk and played all the big players.

Di Maria was one our most important players in terms of the way we played. His dribbling, his work rate, crossing etc were all big factors. Kroos and Rodriguez offer something different.

Right now we have a style that works. Defend and counter vs possession teams and play possession vs everyone else.

Next season realistically I don't think we'll retain the CL and there'll be problems we'll need to sort out. But for now everything is fine imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 am

Yohan Modric wrote:We could have won La Liga if Ancelotti took a risk and played all the big players.

Di Maria was one our most important players in terms of the way we played. His dribbling, his work rate, crossing etc were all big factors. Kroos and Rodriguez offer something different.

which part of injuries or exhaustion don't you understand?, stop acting like a robot playing fifa 24/7
Right now we have a style that works. Defend and counter vs possession teams and play possession vs everyone else.

Next season realistically I don't think we'll retain the CL and there'll be problems we'll need to sort out. But for now everything is fine imo.

which part of injuries and exhaustion don't you understand? real life is not fifa brah
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 am

While playing left midfield, Di Maria was our best player last season. Clearcut. Not even close.

To turn around and sell him is up there with selling Makalele.

Already seeing Khedira starting games for us next year. This shit is unbelievable.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:23 am

very much so sam, just like makelele in his time, Di maria directly effects the balance of how we play
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 am

Have a bad feeling this won't happen. Because it hasn't happened already. Which it should've if Madrid really wanted him and considering his contract situation. Only fake quotes about "2 dreamings coming true" and that's it. What a joke. Sell Di Maria already, fss.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 am

It hasn't happened because Kroos has been at the WC.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:20 pm

After years of Madridistas on GL calling Di Maria "brainless" "crap" etc (the only two regulars that I clearly remember not doing this were me and hala). Now according to the same people Di Maria is the new Makalele lol.

And don't bother trying to tell me that he has improved his game or developed drastically. He is still the same great player with the same strengths and weaknesses as before, nothing's changed that much if at all. He was getting booed off the field in some games last season so it's not like he fixed his consistency issues either.

Di Maria is a fantastic player and I hope he stays but some people here should stop pretending like they have in depth knowledge on how to build a squad.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Then you might be the only one i know who doesnt think progress and improvement is possible for players. It doesnt matter what he used to be, it only matters what he has become and how important he is now for our team.

Not so long ago, Schweinsteiger was a failed winger, and now he is a champion as a midfielder.

That piggy used to suck is a true, just like Di Maria playing right winger for us was atrocious and brainless.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm

It's possible that Di Maria got better but his strengths and weaknesses are still the same. He was getting booed last season after ball grab gate.

Not sure how Schweinsteiger is relevant here. He completely changed his game from his winger days. He looks like a differently player now. Di Maria still plays the same way (which is not a bad thing)

The only reason Di Maria is the new Makalele now is because he had two great months at the end of the season. Now we have to let him demand whatever he wants from the club? No one was asking him to take a pay cut when he was in poor form and his contract is up in 2018 not a few months. Also the last time he signed a extension he was playing really badly for an extended period, who can guarantee that this doesn't happen again? Especially if he starts making 9 million a year or whatever he is demanding lol

For me this is very easy, the club will tell him to suck it up and honor the contract that he signed or tell him that he needs to bring the club a huge offer if he wants to be sold. If he wants to go then let him go, this club has and will never depend on one player and that goes from Cristiano to Nacho.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 pm

The only reason makelele was mentioned here is because Di Maria became a point of inflection for our team when he started playing midfield. There was a before, and an after. He became an element of balance, through his work rate protecting a side CR is never bothered to defend, as well as an important drive for our attack. Just as back in his times, Makelele was an element of balance and allowed us to play as forward as we did, because he was quite exceptional covering the other guys.

His great two months as you like to say just happened to overshadow about every other player in the squad, at a period when we needed top performances to win the champions league round and the copa final. I dont understand why you try so hard to belittle that. If you play great in november and suck in may when titles are decided, then you are irrelevant, ask arsenal fans.

It's been established already that as a winger, Di Maria's performance are far from the best, but as a interior/left midfielder, he is fully living up to is potential. It's that evolution that everyone but you see, and that's the reason why i mentioned schweinsteiger because he too became a different, much superior player, the moment he started playing as midfielder. He evolved, just like Di Maria is showing he can grow and evolve as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:40 pm

the bias in here is amazing, zealous knows damn well if cr or any of his favourites had the same impact as di maria, he would obviously wank about it, i have seen him and poster like him praise worse performances like its the best thing they have ever seen, just cause they like a player Laughing, yet no one call this bullshit out Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Di Maria is one of Z's favourite players on the team. I can guarantee you that him and Hala were just two of the very few (another is Mole btw) who actually defended him in his more troubling times. Even my balanced views couldn't deal with the crap Di Maria was serving though I tried to keep it civil.

With that being said, I think Z is undermining Di Maria's contribution in terms of actual team balance. It's the same Di Maria but him as a left sided midfielder, his work rate mix with his sheer talent has made our fragmented midfield less troublesome to deal with. In any case, all our posturing and writing wouldn't really change much. Real Madrid does what Real Madrid wants and usually, RM doesn't deal with player demands with a coke and a smile.

Re: Makalele. Any RM fan would know it wasn't just him that was our downfall. That year we got rid of our trophy winning manager, our captain, the glue in our midfield (Maka) and sold our sold to the almighty dollar. Truthfully, selling Di Maria is not comparable to that...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Chairman of the Board of Directors for Bayern Munich, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that the Bavarian club will sell German international midfielder, Toni Kroos for economic reasons, as the club does not want to let a player of his level leave on a free transfer next summer.

In a recent interview, Rummenigge confirmed the Kroos’ imminent departure but refused to divulge which club the 24-year-old will play for next season.

“We didn’t want to lose him next season and not be paid his release clause.

“We are obligated to look after the club’s finances and we couldn’t allow that luxury.”

However, Rummenigge, when pressed, all but confirmed that Kroos would be joining Real Madrid.

“It’s true that there have been talks with Real Madrid for Toni.”

Kroos is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday and reports suggest that the World Cup winner will be officially be presented by Los Blancos on Thursday at the Santiago Bernabeu, after paying, if Rummenigge is to be believed, his 25 million euro release clause.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/116670/bayern-munich-confirm-sale-of-toni-kroos-for-economic-reasons/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Once again, I feel Kroos is a replacement for alonso, provide some calm in midfield, and alonso who has played a hell of a lot of games since joining us will either come of the bench or rotate minutes of some sort.

As for Di maria, I stated before I don't think the club wants to sell him, I think he wants to leave as he may have become disillusioned with resent developments...Rewind back to last season, Ozil was an 'untouchable' (according to marca who had an article after mourinho left and before we got carlo citing a couple of players in the team as nontransferable), bale came in and the question was, one of ozil or di maria had to leave, maria according to zizou chose to stay and fight for a place.

As the season progressed injury hampered Bale's initial playing time and Maria remained in the line up performing quite well on the right (i prefer him as central mid), Bale returned, Maria gets benched and that's where the disillusion takes place. Remember there was a game he scored (i think in champs league), where he pointed at the stands and the media claimed he was pointing at florentino's presidential box as he wasn't happy with his treatment.

By christmas, Monaco was heavilly touted as the destination for Di Maria, a deal worth 35 million, and it seemed di maria and the club president and advisers were not frowning about the deal until carlo stepped in and found a new role for di maria in central midfield; a position he seemed to have made his own.

Presently, if one puts themselves in di maria's shoes; a talented player who was close to leaving due to the arrival of another talented player, and now is playing in a position that though he is solid in, he doesn't necessarily consider this his primary position (though he has played cmf for argentina, and ideally he is a left winger, but won't play on the left wit us for obvious reasons), he must have in the back of his mind that the club can and has the power to at some point sign an ideal central midfielder instead of having a winger playing there, despite his past heroics and as such feels he isn't given the respect he deserves.

From what i hear, talk of an improved deal was on the table for Di Maria, especially after his performances this season as a whole, coupled with his performance in the ucl final, where most of our starters where just playing garbage. the problem or road block occurred during the world cup when whispers from the player's camp suggested he wanted a move away from the bernabeau.

I understand Di Maria's plight and hope that someway somehow we can hold unto him, in terms of work rate and most importantly creativity on offense, he is very much needed in our line up.

His case is however very different from that of makelele; makelele unlike di maria did not have the support of his coach, because his coach was fired. Makelele was seeking an improved contract from the club and florentino out-rightly said NO. A new player was coming into the team and i think upon or before makelele's exit florentino gave that speech of beckham being able to make 40 yard passes, whereas makelele can only make 5 yard passes, and his 5 yard passes are usually backwards or sideways.

The makelele situation was the club wanting the player out, as a means of cutting costs (hierro, mcmanaman, flavio concecao and makelele were all refused new contracts) as well as creating space on the field;

whereas di maria is a case of the player weighing out his options and wanting a move for fear he hasn't been appreciated as he should have and might get relegated to the bench once again when whispers of a new signing arrives, (kroos, even though i feel kroos isn't his replacement).....this is just my opinion though.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 pm

chad4401 wrote:the bias in here is amazing, zealous knows damn well if cr or any of his favourites had the same impact as di maria, he would obviously wank about it, i have seen him and poster like him praise worse performances like its the best thing they have ever seen, just cause they like a player Laughing, yet no one call this bullshit out Laughing

Let's be honest no one calls me out because half the time I'm just joking around. The other half I'm usually spot on.

So please contribute to the thread or stay out of it. You mentioning me in the majority of your recent posts has become uncomfortable and frankly over the top. You're allowed to talk about other things lol

@ Doc

I do see your point but my post was just an attempt at a reality check for those who consider Di Maria untouchable. He was an important piece of the machine for sure (which is why I want him to stay).

I just think our midfield was carried by Modric in a defensive sense and controlled the tempo through Alonso. Di Maria provided energy like only he can but I think people are confusing activity with achievement, in fact I am willing to bet that Modric had better defensive stats than Di Maria overall.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 pm

im calling it how i see it, you and some madrid fans mainly care about signings, and will belittle anyone not cr for the flavour of the month, so unlike you i would like to keep the key players in the team, you know since they won LA DECIMA not so long ago rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:07 am

I don't think saying that we shouldn't sell Di Maria marks any tangible divergence in my opinion of him.

I think, fairly consistently, me, Nick, and whomever else have expressed appreciation of his qualities, while arguing that he was thoroughly miscast on the right. If that's where he's going to play next year, I would sell him right now.

However, in the role on the left, he is too important to sell. He compensates for that sides defensive frailty while offering as much as basically any winger in attack. Even if we were to plug in a Vidal, it's still not ideal. He doesn't offer the width, he doesn't offer the final ball and without those, the simple structural balance we found last year dissipates.

For me, operating from a purely ideal perspective, replacing him with Kroos if fine. Kroos will link well with Benzema, our team will feature more quick interchanges, layoffs, snapshots, all elements of the game more in tune with my aesthetic fancies that the repeated miracle stuff Di Maria tries.

But, at the end of the day, our featured player is Ronaldo, for whom, Di Maria works perfectly. I'll avoid going into the details of that to avoid an pointless argument. I'm sure you agree anyway.

Selling him is like selling Makalele, it's altering a winning formula unneccessarily. Perhaps it won't be compounded with further mistakes, but with this club it's a slippery slope. Carlo could be gone in 6 months if we don't meet expectations, and when you take away his most important player, you run the risk of that.

Di Maria is under contract until 2018. At the end of the day, he's not one to shoot himself in the foot just to spite us. We are never going to be forced to sell him. If we do, at best, it's going to be a financial, which will dissapoint me.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:08 am

this titotitan guy is my heir, i have decided Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 am

titosantill wrote:Once again, I feel Kroos is a replacement for alonso, provide some calm in midfield, and alonso who has played a hell of a lot of games since joining us will either come of the bench or rotate minutes of some sort.

As for Di maria, I stated before I don't think the club wants to sell him, I think he wants to leave as he may have become disillusioned with resent developments...Rewind back to last season, Ozil was an 'untouchable' (according to marca who had an article after mourinho left and before we got carlo citing a couple of players in the team as nontransferable), bale came in and the question was, one of ozil or di maria had to leave, maria according to zizou chose to stay and fight for a place.

As the season progressed injury hampered Bale's initial playing time and Maria remained in the line up performing quite well on the right (i prefer him as central mid), Bale returned, Maria gets benched and that's where the disillusion takes place. Remember there was a game he scored (i think in champs league), where he pointed at the stands and the media claimed he was pointing at florentino's presidential box as he wasn't happy with his treatment.

By christmas, Monaco was heavilly touted as the destination for Di Maria, a deal worth 35 million, and it seemed di maria and the club president and advisers were not frowning about the deal until carlo stepped in and found a new role for di maria in central midfield; a position he seemed to have made his own.

Presently, if one puts themselves in di maria's shoes; a talented player who was close to leaving due to the arrival of another talented player, and now is playing in a position that though he is solid in, he doesn't necessarily consider this his primary position (though he has played cmf for argentina, and ideally he is a left winger, but won't play on the left wit us for obvious reasons), he must have in the back of his mind that the club can and has the power to at some point sign an ideal central midfielder instead of having a winger playing there, despite his past heroics and as such feels he isn't given the respect he deserves.

From what i hear, talk of an improved deal was on the table for Di Maria, especially after his performances this season as a whole, coupled with his performance in the ucl final, where most of our starters where just playing garbage. the problem or road block occurred during the world cup when whispers from the player's camp suggested he wanted a move away from the bernabeau.

I understand Di Maria's plight and hope that someway somehow we can hold unto him, in terms of work rate and most importantly creativity on offense, he is very much needed in our line up.

His case is however very different from that of makelele; makelele unlike di maria did not have the support of his coach, because his coach was fired. Makelele was seeking an improved contract from the club and florentino out-rightly said NO. A new player was coming into the team and i think upon or before makelele's exit florentino gave that speech of beckham being able to make 40 yard passes, whereas makelele can only make 5 yard passes, and his 5 yard passes are usually backwards or sideways.

The makelele situation was the club wanting the player out, as a means of cutting costs (hierro, mcmanaman, flavio concecao and makelele were all refused new contracts) as well as creating space on the field;

whereas di maria is a case of the player weighing out his options and wanting a move for fear he hasn't been appreciated as he should have and might get relegated to the bench once again when whispers of a new signing arrives, (kroos, even though i feel kroos isn't his replacement).....this is just my opinion though.

Spaces between paragraphs  :bow: 

On a serious note, I agree with Kroos' position, qw haven't bought, or have been linked with any replacements for Alonso, and considering how influential DiMaria was for our midfield last season, I think Kroos is only gonna bench Xabi.

Also imo the position of the left sided midfielder in Madrid's formation probably require more workrate and defensive discipline than our central midfielders, due to Ronaldo's and Marcelo's tendency to attack and forget their defensive duties.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I don't think saying that we shouldn't sell Di Maria marks any tangible divergence in my opinion of him.

I think, fairly consistently, me, Nick, and whomever else have expressed appreciation of his qualities, while arguing that he was thoroughly miscast on the right. If that's where he's going to play next year, I would sell him right now.

However, in the role on the left, he is too important to sell. He compensates for that sides defensive frailty while offering as much as basically any winger in attack. Even if we were to plug in a Vidal, it's still not ideal. He doesn't offer the width, he doesn't offer the final ball and without those, the simple structural balance we found last year dissipates.

For me, operating from a purely ideal perspective, replacing him with Kroos if fine. Kroos will link well with Benzema, our team will feature more quick interchanges, layoffs, snapshots, all elements of the game more in tune with my aesthetic fancies that the repeated miracle stuff Di Maria tries.

But, at the end of the day, our featured player is Ronaldo, for whom, Di Maria works perfectly. I'll avoid going into the details of that to avoid an pointless argument. I'm sure you agree anyway.

Selling him is like selling Makalele, it's altering a winning formula unneccessarily. Perhaps it won't be compounded with further mistakes, but with this club it's a slippery slope. Carlo could be gone in 6 months if we don't meet expectations, and when you take away his most important player, you run the risk of that.

Di Maria is under contract until 2018. At the end of the day, he's not one to shoot himself in the foot just to spite us. We are never going to be forced to sell him. If we do, at best, it's going to be a financial, which will dissapoint me.

1) I think Di Maria's defensive contributions while important considering the nature of out left flank is kind of overstated. It's a vital role that Angel does very well but juxtaposed next to Ronaldo (who rightfully is instructed to focus on exploiting spaces) he's going to look a bit more important than he actually is. Like I said before Modric has better defensive contributions to this team than Angel.

2) I agree that Di Maria complements Ronaldo very well. I think even CR knows this, mostly because CR is at his very best without the ball and surrounded by ball carriers with vision. Di Maria has that in spades. This is the main reason why I would like him to stay.

3) Still not seeing the Makalele correlation, in that scenario Flo didn't want him. Today the club has stated that it wants to keep Angel but it's the player's camp feeding the rumors. As for changing the winning formula, I am not convinced. I don't know a single big game last season where I could say "Wow completely outplayed them from start to finish" what was more common was "Wow what a run by Bale." and "Wow what a header by Ramos." etc. I don't really thin there was a "winning formula", it was mostly down to our team's great character and quality that we won trophies last season.

3) Like you said at the end, if a decision is made it will most likely be financial. Di Maria signed a contract till 2018 and yet the club are graciously offering him a pay bump, it's up to him to meet us at the middle.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next