RealGunner
Cruijf
Mamad
Onyx
73 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will win?

World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap49%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 24 ]
World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 7 ]
World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_lcap31%World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 49

Poll closed

World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Why are you people talking about individual defender's quality? Laughing Defending is all about spaces, and managing spaces is all about coaching. Hence why Iran, Greece and Costa Rica can create defensive masterplays whereas a much more defensively talented team in Brazil cannot.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: World Cup FINAL: Germany vs Argentina discussion

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Neymar said in today's press that he will be supporting Argentina

Aguero:"No, thank you"
Maxi rodriguez:"I'm indiferent"

Scum.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Neymar says what Messi will allow him to say :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Zealous wrote:The flukiest world cup win of all time.

Earlier you said it was not possible to win the whole thing by fluke but now you have changed your stance?

Yes I didn't account for just how flukey Argentina are.

The Fluke is strong with this one to the point I'm going to have to rethink everything I know about tournament football.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Z is having a deep inner psychological crysis. Proud Z. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:34 pm

A Brazilian reported asked Sabella today: "Did you get into the final to avoid Brazil?"

The delusion Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:A Brazilian reported asked Sabella today: "Did you get into the final to avoid Brazil?"

The delusion Laughing
can I get a link?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:37 pm

All the haters will bow down

<---------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Ganso wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:A Brazilian reported asked Sabella today: "Did you get into the final to avoid Brazil?"

The delusion Laughing
can I get a link?
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1708685-la-dignidad-de-los-locales-a-sabella-le-preguntaron-si-llego-a-la-final-para-evitar-a-brasil-el-sabado
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:46 pm

Fußball wrote:Z is having a deep inner psychological crysis. Proud Z. Proud

lol nothing that traumatic although you are such a diva when it comes to teasing.

I'm rustled as chit though no doubt. rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Ganso wrote:

The delusion Laughing
can I get a link?
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1708685-la-dignidad-de-los-locales-a-sabella-le-preguntaron-si-llego-a-la-final-para-evitar-a-brasil-el-sabado
WTF Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

Neymar said: ‘I wish good luck to Germany but I want my two friends Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano to win it.

‘Messi deserves to win this World Cup for all he has done for football.'

‘I’ll supporting him as a friend and as a colleague.’
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 am

I hate Argentina more than anyone... but I don't think its fair to say they've fluked their way to the final.
They have had a far easier route to it than the Germans, that's for sure.

But if Argentina can beat Germany, which I suspect they will - no one can call its a fluke ffs..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:24 am

Spoiler:
Proud
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:03 am

Zealous wrote:
Fußball wrote:Z is having a deep inner psychological crysis. Proud Z. Proud

lol nothing that traumatic although you are such a diva when it comes to teasing.

I'm rustled as chit though no doubt. rofl

At least you're still standing and proudly fighting for the cause. Valk has already disappeared from the WC forum since this prediction:

Valkyrja wrote:Messi the NT flop leading the poll  Laughing

This is 2010 all over again. Everyone expects Argentina to light up the tournament. Wait until they meet a good team.

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 am

there is almost 5 to 0% chance argentina can win the wc with style without riquelme

but, i'm still ok if they can win the wc ala greece euro 2004 or chelsea cl 2012

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:13 am

Ganso wrote:
Spoiler:
Proud

This is why I dedicated my sig to him... Laughing

Crying or Very sad:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:15 am

No clue who will win it tbh. Messi magic vs German efficiency
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:18 am

Messi will be hungry to prove something in the final and with the chance of Di Maria making the Final. Argentina has a 40% chance of win it.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:49 am

I'm actually impressed with the grit Argentina is showing. They are a more organized bunch than people are giving them credit for. Problem is, when speaking about Argentina people practically only look at 2 things: What did Messi do this game and how many goals did their world class forwards score.

But before when they would go to the World Cup trying to blast in 10 goals every game, they would look good and people would praise them, and then they would face a top organized nation and get molly whopped. Reminds me of the run and gun Suns when Nash was there. Would look good and were exciting until they faced a team that can defend. Old saying says, "offense wins you regular season games, but defense wins you the championship" . This Argentina finally learned that.

They are doing what they have to do to win and it's working. You can call the Swiss, Belgium, and Holland scrubs all you want but those 3 teams all realistically had a threat to end Argentina considering how vulnerable they looked early on. But they have managed to tighten up a little bit more, and a little bit more after every single game. Are they scoring a ton of goals and playing with flare? No not at all; but they are doing what they have to do to keep themselves in the game. Before if they couldn't score, they would try to send 8 men forward to attack and would end up getting countered.

They are playing a good, yet boring to some, tactical game and doing what they have to do. People just want to hate on them cause of Messi's performances (when he's actually been really influential even when he' just standing there, cause's he's so heavily marked).

Messi alone can't win the World Cup. That was proven in 2010. One person, no matter how hard they try can't do it. But a TEAM of players, with confidences and organization can.

That said, as organized as they are, Germany is just that much better and I am picking Germany to win 2-0. But I'm just trying to give some credit to Argentina for even reaching the finals. Regardless of the route, it's not an easy thing to reach by any means.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:52 am

why is ozil behind the old man ?  scratch 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:12 am

Mamad wrote:I don't agree about Argentina's defence being good.

lets see:

against Bosnia : didn't see the game
against Iran : ref didn't give Iran a clear penalty and Iran had another 2 great chances to score.
against Nigeria : 2 goals conceded
against Switzerland : they were lucky as hell they didn't concede
against Belgium : didn't see the entire game....but Belgium are crap.
against Netherlands : their best defensive performance. Robben had a very good chance to score btw but he didn't control the ball well and Mascherano who had a fantastic game blocked his shot.

Argentina's defence isn't that good really. what they needed to do against Netherlands was to shut down Robben and they did that. all due respect to Netherlands they were a one man team.

Defending against Germany is way more complex than defending against Netherlands. They will face a team with a fantastic midfield and great link up play not some young kids with Robben.

i may be wrong but i think Argentina will need to park the bus.

That post.....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 am

Argentina were my prediction from the start, so I'm sticking with that - even though I think Germany is a more complete team.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:02 am

Gotta say though, Im disappointed we did not get to see Argentina vs Brazil at this WC, I really thought it would happen in the final pre tournament, would have been so EPIC!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 am

the prelude to the finale (argentinian version):

1) maradona vs germany (1986 wc):

Spoiler:

2) maradona vs germany (1990 wc):

Spoiler:

3) riquelme vs germany (2006 wc):

Spoiler:

4) messi vs germany (2010 wc):

Spoiler:

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Mamad wrote:I don't agree about Argentina's defence being good.

lets see:

against Bosnia : didn't see the game
against Iran : ref didn't give Iran a clear penalty and Iran had another 2 great chances to score.
against Nigeria : 2 goals conceded
against Switzerland : they were lucky as hell they didn't concede
against Belgium : didn't see the entire game....but Belgium are crap.
against Netherlands : their best defensive performance. Robben had a very good chance to score btw but he didn't control the ball well and Mascherano who had a fantastic game blocked his shot.

Argentina's defence isn't that good really. what they needed to do against Netherlands was to shut down Robben and they did that. all due respect to Netherlands they were a one man team.

Defending against Germany is way more complex than defending against Netherlands. They will face a team with a fantastic midfield and great link up play not some young kids with Robben.

i may be wrong but i think Argentina will need to park the bus.

That post.....

That post is nitpicking at its finest

Fact is argentinas defense has been one of the more solid ones in the tournament and stats back it up. iran had literally 2 shots Laughing Germanys has been average. Algeria and Ghana ripped apart their slow defense. every time a pacy team that runs in behind goes against them they suffer. Algeria had a field day with the long balls and neuer basically saved them from annihilation in the first half
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next