35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eat Humble Pie - WC Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Eat Humble Pie - WC Edition

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Where is Ever Banega? Where is Carlos Tevez? Where is Willy Caballero? Where is Javier Pastore?

Banega sucks, does he even start for Newells? Tevez is a dressing room cancer. Pastore's meh.

The only one who has a legit claim is Caballero, but even then Romero has been very good this WC.

notsureifserious.gif

Which central midfielders do you think are better than Banega and Pastore in that Argentinian squad?

and lol at claiming Romero has had a good world cup campaign. Besides his penalty saves tonight, what has he done exactly? He's been the weakest link in that team up to this point.

Are you actually serious?
Everyone knows why Tevez is not called up.
Banega is not starting for Newells.
Pastore is warming the bench at PSG whole season and Enzo Perez has been great.
Caballero is the only real doubt but after seeing Romero last night it's all clear.

Sabella really knew what he was doing.

BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:21 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
Kick wrote:Honestly though Rojo was a terrible defender before this.
He is a quality defender, just horrible going forward Laughing

That's because he plays as a CB for Sporting.

I know, I thought he was poor all round though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:40 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Banega sucks, does he even start for Newells? Tevez is a dressing room cancer. Pastore's meh.

The only one who has a legit claim is Caballero, but even then Romero has been very good this WC.

notsureifserious.gif

Which central midfielders do you think are better than Banega and Pastore in that Argentinian squad?

and lol at claiming Romero has had a good world cup campaign. Besides his penalty saves tonight, what has he done exactly? He's been the weakest link in that team up to this point.

Are you actually serious?
Everyone knows why Tevez is not called up.
Banega is not starting for Newells.
Pastore is warming the bench at PSG whole season and Enzo Perez has been great.
Caballero is the only real doubt but after seeing Romero last night it's all clear.

Sabella really knew what he was doing.

You haven't answered my question. Which central midfielders in that Argie squad are better than Banega and Pastore?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Romero still sucks
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I could not be happier to be so wrong about Romero, Rojo, Sabella and Demichellis. From now on I will stop critisizing from a laptop and just watch and learn what oh great Sabella has to teach me.

I am not worthy.

Well said. I agree. Demichellis is one of the most baffling players I know. He has made calamitous mistakes countless times in the past but he still has the trust of many top coaches. This can only mean that he has a lot of qualities while we just choose to highlight his failings.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:34 pm

I already knew Romero was good. Don't know why Ranieri benched him the whole season honestly.

Argentina being Defensively sound really surprised me. They didn't really display that Football during the qualifiers.

And Mascherano is the real MVP.
Mascherano and Co. keeping Argentina ship from sinking. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Didn't think Argentina had a good enough defense to get as far as the final.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Argentina made me eat humble pie big time. Really did not think they'll make it to a semis far less for a final. A final which they have an actual legit chance of winning.

Sabella, you are a man among boys.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:07 pm

I thought Argentina were good enough to reach the final, but didn't expect the last two performances. Thought free flowing attacking football from Messi, Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain would be their savior, but right now it's been a very organized and impressive defense. Don't think anyone saw that one coming.

Though I obviously was cheering hard for the US, I gave us almost a 0% chance of making it out of the group. Didn't even fancy us against Ghana.

Didn't fancy Netherlands to make it out of the group stages either. We were all likely wrong about Costa Rica as well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 am

I might, or might not, have said things along the lines that Joachim Löw might not quite be the managerial standard required to lead a successful WC campaign for us, or along the lines that he's a bloated inexplicably overrated moron.

If this happened, and I'm not saying that it did, clearly it was said in jest.
If Löw suffered the impact and marks of verbal abuse due to me losing my balance and accidentally abusing into him, I am sorry for that.

Without any doubt Jogi Löw is a GOAT manager, tactical genius and born winner.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 am

I totally overestimated Spain (probably because I really had a huge crush on Torres) and completly underestimated Holland (since van persies good looks sort of went unnoticed until the first match)

Insides of the female soccer mind Smile

serious: I do not like Arjen Robben and since the rest of Hollands team was made up from a bunch of mainly inexperienced Kids I did not have them anywhere on my list. Yet - I should have taken van Gaal into account and I did fail badly there...

So my biggest surprise was in fact Hollands over all performance.
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm

thought neymar wouldn't deliver, cause of the pressure and I thought Oscar was worth zilch, thought hazard would have an atleast decent tournament and thought messi would tear it up, thought klose wouldn't break ronaldo record and thought benzema would flop. BTW, didn't have any expectations for balo though, as he's always been worth zilch. finally thought Costa would give Brazil the middle finger on their own soil. thought pinilla hitting the post in brazils extra time game vs chile was a good omen, same as argentina against Switzerland. how wwwwwwwrong would I have been.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 am

Bankz wrote:thought neymar wouldn't deliver, cause of the pressure and I thought Oscar was worth zilch, thought hazard would have an atleast decent tournament and thought messi would tear it up, thought klose wouldn't break ronaldo record and thought benzema would flop. BTW, didn't have any expectations for balo though, as he's always been worth zilch. finally thought Costa would give Brazil the middle finger on their own soil. thought pinilla hitting the post in brazils extra time game vs chile was a good omen, same as argentina against Switzerland. how wwwwwwwrong would I have been.

Rolling Eyes 
Oscar proved he is worth zilch?.. Hazard did have a "decent" tournament.. Messi won the Golden Ball.. Klose did break Ronaldo's record.. Balo...

I think you misplaced your order with a boastful bagel my friend
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I might, or might not, have said things along the lines that Joachim Löw might not quite be the managerial standard required to lead a successful WC campaign for us, or along the lines that he's a bloated inexplicably overrated moron.

If Löw suffered the impact and marks of verbal abuse due to me losing my balance and accidentally abusing into him, I am sorry for that.

eco smile eco smile

Quite a few of our German friends should do the same in this thread, admit they were wrong about Löw...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 am

Yea called Löw a lot of things over the past 4-6 weeks, can't really stand by that now anymore. Made great substitutions and changed back to the old system when needed. Good stuff.

Strangely Hummels hasn't been mentioned in here yet...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm

same as me i thought Jogi Löw was useless based on his passed world cups, but it seems he has improved. was brilliant and made changes when he needed to, changes that made sense ffs, unlike other managers. scolari :facepalm:

Young managers are the way forward; they read social media, they know what the fans want, they take advise from other people. These guys are not blinded by their own deluded knowledge, thats why young managers are doing fantastic imo.

lahm doing decent in midfield but clearly it wasnt working, boom! changes it next game and brings in players like kramer and khadira even though he wasnt fit, still better than having useless fullbacks. everyone here would have made that choice too, but i bet you a manager like scolari would have kept with lahm in midfield, even though despite winning, the team is performing average Laughing . Even here, everyone knows its only a matter of time before a team like that loses. brazil :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 am

i thought bosnia can win the wc

how wrong am i

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 am

Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I might, or might not, have said things along the lines that Joachim Löw might not quite be the managerial standard required to lead a successful WC campaign for us, or along the lines that he's a bloated inexplicably overrated moron.

eco smile eco smile

Quite a few of our German friends should do the same in this thread, admit they were wrong about Löw...

I admit that I could not see the point in playing our players out of position and that I thought that Löw is struck by some kind of personality disorder making him convinced that he is merely genius enough that his capacaty of being so awesome alone can make the team win.

I am still not sure why he changed back to the old system when he did so - yet, it worked...

hats off to Löw but foremost to the fantastic players of our team.
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 am

^ Well, that pie didn't smell very humble :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 pm

I still think Löw is limited, TBH. But at least this time he made his retardation known early in the tournament, and learned from his mistakes.

Me, I was most wrong about Brazil. Thought they were good, after the Confed Cup. I also thought the USA would get destroyed by Ghana.

Oh, and Argentina, boy did Argentina prove me wrong. I thought they'd be carried by Kun, Messi and Higs, but instead they were the Mascherano show. That boy needs a Ballon d'Or for his troubles.
And the final performance of Argentina! No parking the bus and playing the lottery - they had a game plan, one at least as good as ours was, and executed it better. If they had proper attackers up front, like Götze, Schürrle, or Müller, instead of those nobodies, or kept on Lavezzi, they might be world cup winners now, FFS.

Really. That Argentina performance was epic. They kind of didn't deserve to lose that final.
The whole World Cup over, however, Germany was better, so I have no mixed feelings about winning the trophy in the end.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:07 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I could not be happier to be so wrong about Romero, Rojo, Sabella and Demichellis. From now on I will stop critisizing from a laptop and just watch and learn what oh great Sabella has to teach me.

I am not worthy.

Well said. I agree. Demichellis is one of the most baffling players I know. He has made calamitous mistakes countless times in the past but he still has the trust of many top coaches. This can only mean that he has a lot of qualities while we just choose to highlight his failings.

Demichellis is a DM too lazy to play DM so he plays as CB - and a ball-playing CB is invaluable in todays football.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I still think Löw is limited, TBH. But at least this time he made his retardation known early in the tournament, and learned from his mistakes.

Me, I was most wrong about Brazil. Thought they were good, after the Confed Cup. I also thought the USA would get destroyed by Ghana.

Oh, and Argentina, boy did Argentina prove me wrong. I thought they'd be carried by Kun, Messi and Higs, but instead they were the Mascherano show. That boy needs a Ballon d'Or for his troubles.
And the final performance of Argentina! No parking the bus and playing the lottery - they had a game plan, one at least as good as ours was, and executed it better. If they had proper attackers up front, like Götze, Schürrle, or Müller, instead of those nobodies, or kept on Lavezzi, they might be world cup winners now, FFS.

Really. That Argentina performance was epic. They kind of didn't deserve to lose that final.

The whole World Cup over, however, Germany was better, so I have no mixed feelings about winning the trophy in the end.

dat recognition Proud
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:^ Well, that pie didn't smell very humble :coffee:

I did not bash Löw in the first place - I merely stated that I did not understand his thoughtprocess, and that I would love to be a visitor in his head when he is getting the line-up together - yet- I did mention that I did not consider me to have any expertise or knowledge to indeed evalute any of that... and I still do not know if he is great or simply lucky enough to have such talented players ...
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:49 pm

I actually thought that Brazil could trouble Germany a bit in the SF :facepalm: Embarassed 
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Me too, though I was right in my boldest prediction: I said to my mates before the quarters, that we'll win the whole thing if we can beat France, and I still think they were the best team we faced.
Argentina were hardest to beat, but they played their best match of the tournament.

Against France, I thought we were playing close to our best, yet we still only barely made it, since they had better performances in other matches.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Me too, though I was right in my boldest prediction: I said to my mates before the quarters, that we'll win the whole thing if we can beat France, and I still think they were the best team we faced.
Argentina were hardest to beat, but they played their best match of the tournament.

Against France, I thought we were playing close to our best, yet we still only barely made it, since they had better performances in other matches.

I'd say we played our best match vs the Dutch considering we did not lose that time and we at least had shots on target :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next