DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
BusterLfc
Art Morte
McAgger
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 4 Empty Re: Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50

Post by Helmer Tue 13 Jan - 23:41:53

cant believe he already started performing. I think all these young players are performing better when they are given responsibility. It was a good thing in hindsight that Sterling went on holidays and Markovic got to boost his confidence ' won the match today for my team Cool '. Lets see of he carries it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 4 Empty Re: Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50

Post by iftikhar Wed 21 Jan - 9:58:04

Markovic is shit.
Shocked

He can't dribble so either he needs space to run into or players to link-up with. He needs time. He has been doing decently and will improve.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 21 Jan - 11:03:18

Can't dribble? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 21 Jan - 18:19:19

Calm down. He's been great lately. He was superb defensively last night and worked very hard. He's still adjusting and is only 20. His dribbling is not an issue. Once he settles completely, he'll be insync with the PL defenders and will lose the ball less.

Love this kid already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu 22 Jan - 10:43:08

I'm with James! love his attitude too!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 22 Jan - 12:35:21

I hope he gets another goal soon. That would do so much good for his confidence, development & hunger.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun 8 Feb - 18:47:29

Ibe is 5 times the player Markovic will ever be. 20 *bleep* million.

OK, that was quite harsh (and unfair) TBH.

#1. Ibe was very good going forward but he was equally bad while defending. In fact, he didn't track-back as quickly or vigorously as needed.

#2. Why we overpaid for him (Markovic) or signed him at all isn't and can't be a point to judge him. Reserve that when/if you are judging the management or manager or both.

#3. Liverpool is totally different proposition than Partizan Belgrade or Benfica; in all respect. And let's not forget he is just 20 and deserves time & condition to prove his potential.

#4. He is playing in an unfamiliar role and have done quite decently. Do remember, this role doesn't only require him to improvise but also inhibits his natural talent & instincts. Heck, even Henderson looks half his self when playing RWB.

Yes, he needs to step-up. Yes, he has his weaknesses. But it's not the time to judge him, yet.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon 23 Feb - 7:00:22

He has been quite average in last few games Sad .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 23 Feb - 9:40:43

He's playing like he's got the hand brake on, doesn't get involved in attacks enough, gets beaten in defense a bit too often and overall looks a little unsure out there. I'd like to try Sterling and Ibe as the wing-backs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 23 Feb - 12:20:47

iftikhar wrote:He has been quite average in last few games Sad .

Apart from his goals, his not contributed much tbh. That's not really a dig at him either before the idiots pms.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon 23 Feb - 12:27:04

Red Alert wrote:
iftikhar wrote:He has been quite average in last few games Sad .

Apart from his goals, his not contributed much tbh. That's not really a dig at him either before the idiots pms.
He was more lively and was linking-up well in attack in first few games early this year. But been poor in last few. May be it's just a patch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 3 Mar - 11:24:50

Needs to man up a bit I think. He seems to pull out of challenges for me. Seems to get bullied a lot. Seems to always pass the ball quickly as if he's scared of taking it (even though he's got great technique on the ball). He was really good in late December-January but ever since Ibe has come back in and taken his spot he's gone back to the early season version of himself, which is quite frustrating.

The good thing is that we know when he clicks he's really good as shown in that small sample. Things he's bad at are mostly mental at this point. He needs confidence and probably to get a bit older and tougher. At 20 so far he's a bit of a pussy.

Against City, he was the only bad player in red. Really had a poor game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 3 Mar - 11:37:46

I think it's a confidence issue. With Ibe injured, he will most likely to play in next 5-6 games and that should restore his confidence again.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 8 May - 10:57:04

So, what's the deal with Lazar?

Paid big money for him and he hasn't exactly hit the ground running, been in and out of the team. 930 minutes of Prem footy, about 10 full games. Two goals and one assist.

How do you see his role next season? At the moment Sterling and Ibe seem to be ahead of him and Origi is arriving, too. Lallana may be partially competing for the same minutes, too.

Considering the investment we put in him, we should use him a bit more next season, imo. It's no good spending on unfinished products if you don't then give them the chances to develop, i.e. game time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 8 May - 12:27:07

I think he was underused. True, he didn't hit the ground running. He should have got few more games instead of Moreno in the last few weeks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 8 May - 22:44:28

I think he's clearly not a fullback, especially a left-sided one. He seems the type of player who may take a while to get settled so I'm hoping to see more from him next season. I'd much rather give him a real chance than spend £20-30m on a luxury signing when that money could/should be used for our striker woes.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 8 May - 23:25:59

I'm certain he's going to come good for us, he had all the talent not to. In cases like Charlie Adam, Borini, Downing, N'Gog those players we simply NOT good enough and didn't have the talent to be Liverpool players. Markovic just needs to change his mentality. He plays like the ball is a hot potato even though his best qualities are on the ball. Needs to step up and be more confident in his own abilities next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 8 Jun - 22:05:16

I'd be tempted to give him a run of games as right-back. Yeah, he'd be defensively suspect - and useless in the air - but the right-back market seems just depressing. I don't really want Clyne, but he seems the only obvious target.

At least we'd have a RB who'd have the skills to contribute in build-up and attacking play, would save the money we'd have to spend on a RB and could give Lazar game time - I don't think he's too close to grabbing a starting place as a winger or AM.

Could also say that I wouldn't expect Markovic to be defensively worse than Moreno was in his first season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 9 Jun - 6:24:55

No way, he's not a wigngback, fullback or even a wide midfielder.

AI don't like him as a winger either, the guy is best suited an inside forward imo. We should play him like Atleti play Griezmann, or Dortmund play Reus, or Milan with SES. Let him grow us a finisher and learn to make runs behind the defense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 9 Jun - 6:48:45

Inside forward, when do you think he's going to play inside forward for us? Let's be realistic here, he's going to be playing out wide for us next season or not at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 9 Jun - 8:59:56

Lazar Markovic's Liverpool future is in doubt this summer, just twelve months after he joined us from Benfica.
That's according to The Times by the way.

I cannot wait for the rest of this window and what else Brendan can do to us. Turning out to be worse than Hodgson; cancerous wise speaking. :S
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 9 Jun - 13:44:52

Marty, I must say you are innovative but Marko at RB no please. Wisdom is going to take care of that position.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 9 Jun - 13:47:30

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Marty, I must say you are innovative but Marko at RB no please. Wisdom is going to take care of that position.
or Tripper :whistle: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 9 Jun - 16:00:54

Both of whom will be useless in attack.

I'm not saying it's a great idea, but the situation isn't great, either.

- We need a right-back.
- The market for right-backs is short.
- We need to give Lazar more games.
- Lazar doesn't look like getting games as a forward.

= worth at least trying Lazar at right-back.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 9 Jun - 19:53:06

With the (imminent) departure of Raheem, Markovic (and Ibe) will certainly get more games upfront.

I don't think he will be much effective offensively playing so down the pitch (part of back-four) and he can't be any better, defensively, than Wisdom, Clyne, Tripper or whoever.

So the only option can be to maintain 343 where he (and perhaps Ibe as well) will be deployed further up-field.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 15 Jun - 9:20:38

Agger and Markovic having a chat the other day when Denmark beat Serbia:

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 4 CHaKxDSWoAA0gE8

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 4 CHaHXcnWwAAdUek

Probably praising Rodgers.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next