https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtONruCIMAEps05.jpg

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Roberto Pereyra - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Pereyra

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm

‘Pereyra can explode at Juve’

Antonio Di Natale has backed Roberto Pereyra to have a big impact at Juventus, explaining where he is stronger than both Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal.

The attacking midfielder is finalising his move from Udinese to the Bianconeri this week and has received backing from his soon-to-be-former captain.

Talking to Tuttosport on the move, Di Natale was inevitably asked about his own decision years ago to turn down a move to Juve.

“Mine was a choice of lifestyle. I wanted to stay in Udine and am still very satisfied,” answered the 36-year-old in today’s edition of the publication.

“That said, I wish the best to Pereyra for his new adventure. Trust me, he will impose himself as Asamoah has.

“Roberto is a great player. There are few midfielders around with his features. On the wing, as a midfielder or an attacking midfielder, he is flexible - he can play in multiple positions.

“And above all he has great quality. He is another Sanchez. Alexis is a more prolific goalscorer, but Roberto has a nice mix of quality and quantity.

“They are different players, but I am convinced that Pereyra will explode at Juve just as Sanchez has at Barcelona.

“He will not suffer in making the jump to a big club. He defends like Vidal, but compared to the Chilean he has greater mobility.”

Di Natale also considered the change in management in Turin this summer, which sees Massimiliano Allegri in place of Antonio Conte.

“Max is a friend, we worked together here in Udine. Conte has won the Scudetto with 102 points and frankly, I find it impossible for them to do better. Allegri, however, is a great Coach and will impose himself even at Juventus.

“I learned about Conte’s exit at the end of training and almost did not believe it. But I am not surprised when a Coach does well and wins so much, it is normal to make certain decisions.

“Conte is a great Coach. For the national team then? Guidolin…but I am biased. Both would be suitable.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:27 pm

meh player for an outrageous price, a player we don't need..... hopefully its not a forced purchase after loan, average player at best.....  :facepalm: 
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:51 am

Elm, patience and optimism lol Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 am

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:meh player for an outrageous price, a player we don't need..... hopefully its not a forced purchase after loan, average player at best.....  :facepalm: 

You really haven't watched him ,do you?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:14 pm

A bit late but will post it anyways.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:meh player for an outrageous price, a player we don't need..... hopefully its not a forced purchase after loan, average player at best.....  :facepalm: 

12-13m for a fairly young player with potential? I don't consider that outrageous at all in this market. Plus, he fulfills a strong need. We basically have no true wingers or attacking midfielders on the squad at the moment (and Gio does not count).
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Actually its ~17m if various bonus clauses get activated.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Marotta has already confirmed the transfer will be made permanent next summer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:35 pm

S wrote:Actually its ~17m if various bonus clauses get activated.

If those clauses are activated, then it's a sign that we found Pereyra to be quite useful and probably worth the extra money. He will be a useful player to make us a more versatile and faster team.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Juventude wrote:

If those clauses are activated, then it's a sign that we found Pereyra to be quite useful and probably worth the extra money. He will be a useful player to make us a more versatile and faster team.

But those bonuses only amount to 1.5m which can be considered almost negligible cos it applies till 2020.

We're paying 1.5m for the loan and 14m to redeem him outright next summer.We'll make this transfer permanent even if he performs worse than Isla as Marotta has given his word to Udinese already.Personally i find the fee a bit on the high side as we're bringing him as a rotation option but time will tell i suppose.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 pm

S wrote:
Juventude wrote:

But those bonuses only amount to 1.5m which can be considered almost negligible cos it applies till 2020.

We're paying 1.5m for the loan and 14m to redeem him outright next summer.We'll make this transfer permanent even if he performs worse than Isla as Marotta has given his word to Udinese already.Personally i find the fee a bit on the high side as we're bringing him as a rotation option but time will tell i suppose.

I don't think it's that high. This season he might be just a rotation player, but he's still young enough to develop into a full time player. Plus, who knows what might happen under Allegri's system. He may be a critical player.

Plus, I have no problem over-paying with Udinese. They are a good team for us to continue to maintain a good relationship with for the future.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am

This guy adds something we lack...speed.We have many quality midfielders but not a fast one.
Haven't seen him much but he would be a good bench player unless he explodes.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:43 am

Two shots, a chance created and an array of technical skills on show in the centre of the park and the final third. There's no doubt that Roberto Pereyra has quickly adapted to life in his new surroundings. With each passing game it becomes more and more apparent just why Juventus were so keen to acquire his services from Udinese.

Fielding questions from the media following Milan v Juve, the Argentine midfielder said: "It's all that much easier when your team-mates and coach show they have confidence in you. It's helping me to settle in quickly here."

El Tucumano is well aware that he is anything but the finished article, though.
"I'm putting in the work on the training ground during the week so that I can become a better player," he said. "I still need to improve the defensive side of my game. I think I'm doing a good job going forward; it's tracking back that I find more difficult. But I'm working hard and I'm sure I can only get better."

Finally, Pereyra was asked about his position. 'Would you have imagined developing into such a talented central midfielder?' was the question put to the 23-year-old , who began his career on the wing. "When I first joined Udinese, Guidolin moved me inside and always played me there," he explained.
In the middle or out wide, let's hope he's started as he means to go on.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 pm

He played great vs Milan
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

He will be part of Argentinian NT for two matches,against Brazil and Hong Kong.
This was expected with his solid performances so far even with limited playing time.
The bad news is that Tevez will not be part of the NT team during this matches but with his current form I'm sure he will be back to play for Argentina shortly.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 pm

At least he can rest. Couldn't care less about the Argentina NT Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

dronte wrote:At least he can rest. Couldn't care less about the Argentina NT Very Happy

I agree.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Where is Elm??
With all his "meh" talking to admit he was wrong about Pereyra
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Well maybe elm was a bit exaggerated in his first reactions but it's still early to make comments about his level,so far he is performing well and that's very important.We all know his potential and talent but he has to be consistent to be a great player.Let's hope he continues with good performances and have a good season.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Mehreyra LOL elm... I don't think he will say that anytime soon Very Happy
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 pm

calma, one cross and he is already di Maria? Laughing he has been good so far but not what people are making him seem, to me he has but been but overall just decent, still hasn't proven much to me to deserve the hype people are throwing around him and still not the performance that is worth the 17m future fee Udinese want, 'd go 10m max....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 am

He's 23 years old, and was playing better than decent. Good link up play, passing, dribbling, speed is pretty good. He needs to improve his finishing, decision making (maybe) and maybe also defending.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Morata on a player that's surprised him: "Roberto Pereyra, he's got a great future ahead of him"

Good game today against Brazil, if we consider that its his first for Argentina than a great game Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Ya I heard he played well today. Do you have anywhere I can watch full matches, or full match highlights? I wanna see how well Pereyra played.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Pereyra: Juve responded well

Roberto ‘Max’ Pereyra says that Juventus reacted well to both the new system and falling behind against Olympiacos on Tuesday night.

The Bianconeri were virtually eliminated from the Champions League after 61 minutes, with Olympiacos leading 2-1.

However, they then managed to revert the score to their favour and maintain a chance of progressing to the Last 16 of the competition.

“I think that the game against Olympiacos was tough, just like every other game you play in the Champions League,” Pereyra has reflected on the match to JTV today.

“Luckily the team responded well and we’ve won. I was watching the game from the bench and I was itching to play.

“Then I came on in the last 10 minutes and it was great especially because we wanted the three points and we have achieved them.

“Yes, Massimiliano Allegri knows when a player should come in, so I am happy to have come in at the right moment.

“Are we comfortable with the 4-4-2? I think we played well with it, we responded well, but then it’s up to the Coach to decide whether we should keep playing like that or revert to three in defence.

“Me, I don’t have preferences. It depends on the game really, but I always feel good in midfield, regardless of the system, be it 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2.

“We have players in midfield with whom it feels easier to play. I don’t have problems and I feel comfortable either as a playmaker or as an attacking midfielder – whatever role in midfield, I feel good.”

A feeling the former Udinese player shares both on and off the pitch.

“I don’t talk a lot with the club, it’s not that I spend all the time with them.

“Obviously I feel good with my teammates because it’s a good group, we are humble and we are always working. I think that we normally go on to show this on the pitch.

“At first it was difficult to enter the dressing room of such a club like Juventus, but as soon as I came here, my teammates have made me feel good, they have welcomed me, and that was important for me.

“Normally I go and eat out with Alvaro Morata, Martin Caceres and Kwadwo Asamoah who is my room-mate.

“But everyone is good, there’s no-one in particular I’ve linked up more with.”

Pereyra made his debut in a Udinese shirt in a game against Juventus, replacing Mauricio Isla – exactly what happened in the summer in the transfer market with the Chilean heading to Queens Park Rangers instead.

“It seems like it was written in the stars, yes. I’d have never imagined to make my debut here.

“Then when Juve called, I was happy and proud, and I immediately called my father to tell him and he was happy too.

“I really hope to stay here for a couple of years more. This club is impressive and it feels good – that’s the best, for sure.

“The way people live the game here at Juventus is completely different. This club has always strived for important things. I am really happy to be here.

“Juve fans are a bit crazy, I mean they motivate you more. Since I came here, when you enter the pitch, you hear the people and you feel the will to enter, play and win, always.

“And this is wonderful because it feels like South America where there’s all those people motivating you.”

And ‘El Tucumano’, as he is named after the city he was born in, can only thrive in such an environment where the future seems to be really promising.

“I think that the game against Parma will be difficult, that’s for sure. But we have to keep playing like we are doing now.

“We are on the right track and we must keep playing like this if we want to remain at the top.”

Pereyra will then fly to England where Argentina will play two friendlies against Croatia and Portugal.

“I didn’t expect to be called up with Argentina, maybe I expected it later. But I am happy and proud about the news and I only have to keep doing well.

“I am also happy about Carlos Tevez because he was waiting for this moment to go there. You could see he was happy.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next