Raptorgunner
48 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Rival Watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Rival Watch

Post by Glory Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:47 am

srigooner wrote:
MAN UTD 4th 50pts 20GD
Home (5) : Burnley, Sunderland, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Arsenal
Away (6)  : Swansea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Crystal Palace, Hull City

okay, I guess you guys are craving for a Man u lad's perspective on this. Razz So let me.

Pool away, Chelsea away thats 0 points from those 2 lol.
Spurs, Arsenal home. Hopefully 4 points.
City home 1 point.
5 points from the 5 matches. Fair enough all things taken into consideration.

Everton, Newcastle, Palace away. silent Thats the 3 fixtures which will decide our fate. Need to win all 3 of them. minimum 7 points. its a Herculean task considering Our wretched away away form, I know, too much to ask, but have no choice sadly. We simply cant win a game on road these days. So its already over more or less, unless and until we see some change in fortune starting with the midweek trip to Newcastle. And the worse thing is even if manage to get 9 from those 3 somehow, pool and ars have such an easy fixture that it might not turn out to be enough eventually. Could still fall much short of you guys. Sad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 am

Or maybe you win them all.

Its too close to decide and every game week will bring us closer to reality. Soton could end up finishing 2nd and Spurs 3rd ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:54 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
srigooner wrote:
MAN UTD 4th 50pts 20GD
Home (5) : Burnley, Sunderland, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Arsenal
Away (6)  : Swansea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Crystal Palace, Hull City

okay, I guess you guys are craving for a Man u lad's perspective on this. Razz So let me.

City home 1 point.

Everton, Newcastle, Palace away. silent Thats the 3 fixtures which will decide our fate. Need to win all 3 of them. minimum 7 points.  its a Herculean task considering Our wretched away away form, I know, too much to ask, but have no choice sadly. We simply cant win a game on road these days. So its already over more or less, unless and until we see some change in fortune starting with the midweek trip to Newcastle. And the worse thing is even if manage to get 9 from those 3 somehow, pool and ars have such an easy fixture that it might not turn out to be enough eventually. Could still fall much short of you guys. Sad

You guys do have it rough, but take it for granted that you will smack us twice. And we will go on a 2-4 week spree of dropping points while wallowing in self-pity at never ever being able to win away to United Sad

Nishy wrote:Or maybe you win them all.

Its too close to decide and every game week will bring us closer to reality. Soton could end up finishing 2nd and Spurs 3rd ffs

I am not the only one seeing that possibility Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:41 am

srigooner wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
srigooner wrote:
MAN UTD 4th 50pts 20GD

City home 1 point.

Everton, Newcastle, Palace away. silent Thats the 3 fixtures which will decide our fate. Need to win all 3 of them. minimum 7 points.  its a Herculean task considering Our wretched away away form, I know, too much to ask, but have no choice sadly. We simply cant win a game on road these days. So its already over more or less, unless and until we see some change in fortune starting with the midweek trip to Newcastle. And the worse thing is even if manage to get 9 from those 3 somehow, pool and ars have such an easy fixture that it might not turn out to be enough eventually. Could still fall much short of you guys. Sad

You guys do have it rough, but take it for granted that you will smack us twice. And we will go on a 2-4 week spree of dropping points while wallowing in self-pity at never ever being able to win away to United Sad

Even so, there arent any teams that can cause an upstage. Arsenal has booked a top 4 place already imo (not trying to jinx, its what any reasonable person will tell looking at things as it currently stand). Sadly its between a cruising liverpool and an unconvincing united for the other spot. pale

What i am praying for though is an Aguero injury. And if that can happen, then city will drop a lot of points for sure. They are shite without him. Silva wouldnt be able to do it alone. May be all of us can go through at the expense of man city. How about that for a 'different' idea. pirat

Nishy wrote:

Wish so, but cant see that happening. Their attack has all of a sudden gone blunt. Cant score a goal these days, poor saints.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:50 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Even so, there arent any teams that can cause an upstage. Arsenal has booked a top 4 place already imo (not trying to jinx, its what any reasonable person will tell looking at things as it currently stand). Sadly its between a cruising liverpool and an unconvincing united for the other spot. pale

What i am praying for though is an Aguero injury. And if that can happen, then city will drop a lot of points for sure. They are shite without him. Silva wouldnt be able to do it alone. May be all of us can go through at the expense of man city. How about that for a 'different' idea. pirat

We are far from convincing tbh. I don't share the enthusiasm and optimism that other clubs' fans seem to have about our top 4 chances. As I was saying in the Liverpool section: we scraped past Leicester, almost threw it away at Palace, lost convincingly to Spuds/Monaco and our win yesterday is more a testament to how horrible Everton are right now.

That said, I also share your view that City will/can be expected to drop more points, even if not to a suicidal extent to end up outside the top 4.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

whatever you say but I had said 5-6 matchdays back that WestHam and Southampton have hit some wall and they would drop points and rightly so they are not able to play what they played in the first part of the season. I dont understand the point of new signings made by Soton which are actually causing problems instead of solving existing ones imo.

@Lumiere, all your hopes should be on LVG because he has a habit of winning games all his career irrespective of how the team plays. But on the other side, all my hopes are also on LVG because of his stubborn nature. He thinks he is too smart and you guys can be ready for some strange decisions in the last 11 games Laughing If you guys dont slip up from top 4 by the end of March, it is going to get very tight in the end. But if you guys slip up from top 4 and we get into the top 4, there is no way after that Liverpool will drop stupid points and for you guys it will be difficult to overtake us after that.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

@Lumiere, all your hopes should be on LVG because he has a habit of winning games all his career irrespective of how the team plays. But on the other side, all my hopes are also on LVG because of his stubborn nature. He thinks he is too smart and you guys can be ready for some strange decisions in the last 11 games Laughing If you guys dont slip up from top 4 by the end of March, it is going to get very tight in the end. But if you guys slip up from top 4 and we get into the top 4, there is no way after that Liverpool will drop stupid points and for you guys it will be difficult to overtake us after that.

Yea exactly, LvG is going to be like a double edged sword for us for the remaining 11 fixtures. If his stubbornness starts to get the better of him, its going to be doom. But having said that, he is a big game gaffer, thats a little hope there.

When it comes to the squad, theres small positives, like the rvp injury for instance, a blessing in disguise, hope he will do a sturridge until season end and remain sidelined. Laughing Herrera starting twice and doing well, rooney scoring twice when played as a striker. Hope lvg's wrong perceptions about players would be alleviated thanks to these. And after rigorous testing and trying it seems we finally do have a working formation. 4-3-3 with wingers.
lol but see all of these getting dashed come wednesday, when lvg bring back his most cherished utter shite 3-5-2 and putting rooney in the midfield and herrera on the bench. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:49 am

Looks like LVG just reinvented the wheel bah gawd

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 am

Lumiere wrote: May be all of us can go through at the expense of man city.
Wouldn't you want that rofl

I'm not so much concerned about our place in the top 4, think we'll get it even if Utd beat us in the PL fixture.

I just want to win the FA Cup match so badly Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:26 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:May be all of us can go through at the expense of man city. How about that for a 'different' idea.  pirat

Hell no.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 am

Lumiere knows out of us three they are the most likely to miss out.
Feeling dat heat Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:04 pm

or may be I was simply trying to be a gentleman.

okay if that wasnt the answer you were looking for well, i will come up with something for the sake of it.
The thing is as you guys can easily expect, its same for us whether its man city or pool. And i dont have any problem with ars, where as when it comes to chelsea even if i do have, lol, they are too good a team to be affected by witchcraft and wizardry this term.

El Gunner wrote:
Feeling dat heat Laughing

lol, okay if thats how you want to put it, sure.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Nishy wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:May be all of us can go through at the expense of man city. How about that for a 'different' idea.  pirat

Hell no.

the thing is mate, unlike you guys who consider us as born enemies, because of the reason that once upon a time in ancient history pool used to challenge for trophies, we have multiple rivals who are legit. Even chelsea fans consider us rivals thanks to the recent past. So its the same for us whether its you, or whether its city. Heck city are our biggest rivals anyway. :coffee:
Saints and spurs cant be relied upon for obvious reasons.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Southampton with a late but nonetheless vital win against Crystal Palace this evening. The table going into tomorrow's games:

1. Chelsea - 26 | 60
2. Man City - 27 | 55
3. Arsenal - 27 | 51
4. Man Utd - 27 | 50
5. Southampton - 28 | 49
6. Liverpool - 27 | 48
7. Spurs - 26 | 44

QPR vs Arsenal
Man City vs Leicester
Newcastle vs Man Utd
Spurs vs Swansea
Liverpool vs Burnley

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Top 8 all win.

most competitive league in the world Proud

Everton closer to relegation banana

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 am

Welcome to another edition of Sri's PL Rival Watch. :coffee:

*- Postponed

=> Jog along. Nothing new.

=> Need them to drop a few more points Wink

=> Last home game against Arsenal would be a 6 pointer in all likelihood. Lost to Swans, won against Sunderland. Two huge away games left. Playing shitty football and LVG looks Moyesesque, but still we are almost definitely losing twice at OT - FA Cup and League. Also, Tim Krul showing his Dutch connection to LVG with that 89' Ashley Young goal :facepalm:

=> What form they are in - and a well managed death run. Continue an upward climb and a fair shout to finish as high as third, if not second, if they keep it going. Still have a few big games though, but no non-league distractions any more. Only 4 games left at Anfield.
United must be shitting their pants before the trip to Anfield. GD biggest (only?) worry for Liverpool, although United's fixture list should help in terms of points.

=> Two huge away games could change things up the table - so still a crucial role in the overall scheme of things. Mane with a late goal for a win against Crystal Pardieux.  Also have 4 home games left.

=> Still waiting for the DVD of being above us for 3 days.Drew to WHU; lost league cup.  Have a game in hand. Managed to win against Swans, but just look at that GD Laughing Also 4 home and 7 away games Laughing
I'll probably not bother updating this part in the near future. Here's to hope.

Rival Watch - Page 15 Tumblr_m5qogpPpOl1rp9pig

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:57 am

Burnley 1-0 City.

1 point ahead of us now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 am

Chelsea dropping points as well. hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:42 am

10 tackles, 9 interceptions & 21 ball recoveries

Rival Watch - Page 15 CAJhlQOWUAAB8ag

UNREAL!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

Chumlum wrote:Chelsea dropping points as well. hmm

Well unless they lose some games, it is not going to make a difference..

Will update the Rival Watch table once Liverpool finish tomorrow.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:45 am

Sina wrote:10 tackles, 9 interceptions & 21 ball recoveries

Rival Watch - Page 15 CAJhlQOWUAAB8ag

UNREAL!

agree

Potential 10 pts behind Chelsea Rolling Eyes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 am

srigooner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:Chelsea dropping points as well. hmm

Well unless they lose some games, it is not going to make a difference..

Will update the Rival Watch table once Liverpool finish tomorrow.

I wasn't even necessarily thinking of a back-from-the-dead title challenge ... more just a matter of finishing as close to the top as possible. If we somehow pip 2nd place in the PL within 6 or so points of Chelsea ... that would be significant progress in the league. And a great platform going into next season.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Screw it, we're gonna win the league. 14 game winning streak incoming. banana

Seriously, though, I can't see Chelsea screwing away enough points for us to get into the title picture at the last minute. Even if they did, we would have win all of our remaining games, in all likelihood, which isn't likely to happen.

At this point, we should focus on distancing ourselves from the chasing pack as much as possible and seeing if we can overtake City. Last season we finished 4th but only seven points off the title winners. If we finish 2nd and seven points off Chelsea, and win the FA Cup, that would be an improvement on last season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Van Gaal has come out and said that top 4 is basically a trophy for Man Utd. Priceless.

Wenger, without having spent eleventy billion dollars on players, has been attacked and mocked for years for suggesting the same thing for Arsenal.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:10 pm

You lads make me Proud

Meanwhile, I just saw Fellaini's celebration and Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:47 pm

We should be aiming at Chelsea.

It's not likely that they'll drop enough points to make it possible but it's better to set the bar higher than merely trying to get away from United, Liverpool etc.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next