Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
Onyx
97 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 34 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:People here are always speaking easily about a team beating another team. Childish mentality...I'm not gonna give counterexamples, I will just say:

Then you should better *bleep* bet 1000$ on every game you say here that a team will beat the other or destroy it! You probably don't realise how big are the statements you people make without the possibility of knowing for sure; in football you can estimate but can never be sure of anything. Otherwise, would you watch it anymore?

Or you could chill and not take everything so seriously hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 34 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:People here are always speaking easily about a team beating another team. Childish mentality...I'm not gonna give counterexamples, I will just say:

Then you should better *bleep* bet 1000$ on every game you say here that a team will beat the other or destroy it! You probably don't realise how big are the statements you people make without the possibility of knowing for sure; in football you can estimate but can never be sure of anything. Otherwise, would you watch it anymore?

Obviously when we make statements like this (at least for me) it's not like 'there is no other possible outcome no matter what'...it's just more of a general feeling that, obviously, PSG is the better team right now and would be expected to win the majority of the time if they played.

It's too long to type that out though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 pm

futbol wrote:

No one on GL has 1000 $. hmm

brah pls

Cool
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:And Rooney is a 9,5-10... not a 9 ffs. Putting him on top is basically taking away some of his main assets. Get a true 9 and have Rooney play right behind him. Doesn't have to be an incredible 9... just an efficient one who has good work rate.

What is a pure #9? His best season by far as a United player is when he was our de facto striker in 09/10. He was unplayable that season before his injury. Was on his way to breaking RVN's goal scoring season.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 pm

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And Rooney is a 9,5-10... not a 9 ffs. Putting him on top is basically taking away some of his main assets. Get a true 9 and have Rooney play right behind him. Doesn't have to be an incredible 9... just an efficient one who has good work rate.

What is a pure #9? His best season by far as a United player is when he was our de facto striker in 09/10. He was unplayable that season before his injury. Was on his way to breaking RVN's goal scoring season.
That was in SAF's system where the pitch is spread in such a way that the CF has room to roam around... with Van Gaal, he spaces things differently AND there's Mata in that 10 role. The real estate is the issue. Watching Man U, Rooney is playing way too up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:
jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And Rooney is a 9,5-10...  not a 9 ffs.  Putting him on top is basically taking away some of his main assets.  Get a true 9 and have Rooney play right behind him.  Doesn't have to be an incredible 9... just an efficient one who has good work rate.

That was in SAF's system where the pitch is spread in such a way that the CF has room to roam around...  with Van Gaal, he spaces things differently AND there's Mata in that 10 role.  The real estate is the issue.  Watching Man U, Rooney is playing way too up.  

Wrong. In that system that season Rooney was told specifically not to roam around and stay closer to goal. SAF and rooney even said this multiple times in interviews. Mata doesn't play a strict #10. I think LVG will use Depay as a SS as well. I want Rooney closer to the box. We need a #9 to pin back the cbs,

Last edited by jibers on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 pm

really happy for Di Maria, good that he escaped from playing under that clown Van Gaal and he moved away from Utd. Players like Di Maria are likeable because of their 120% in every game !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:This whole story is nothing but infinite embarrassment for Manchester United.
Buying a top player for the national transfer record, not giving him a real chance, and selling him for a loss after one season.

Guess that's what happens if you pair a football-ignorant financial guy chief executive, who just wants to prove he can deliver big names, with a coach obsessed with reigning in and straightening out star players, especially if they're from South America.

A farce.

I'd say it's an embarrassment on that player. He failed after one season.

We've signed flops before, ish happens. Price is a small factor when it comes to Utd, and we've recouped nearly all of it.

This will be more of a blemish on that player's career. And he will be seen as someone who failed under the spotlight at Manchester United.

We can just go buy another expensive player and have this guy forgotten about within a year.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 pm

RED wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:This whole story is nothing but infinite embarrassment for Manchester United.
Buying a top player for the national transfer record, not giving him a real chance, and selling him for a loss after one season.

Guess that's what happens if you pair a football-ignorant financial guy chief executive, who just wants to prove he can deliver big names, with a coach obsessed with reigning in and straightening out star players, especially if they're from South America.

A farce.

I'd say it's an embarrassment on that player. He failed after one season.

We've signed flops before, ish happens. Price is a small factor when it comes to Utd, and we've recouped nearly all of it.

This will be more of a blemish on that player's career. And he will be seen as someone who failed under the spotlight at Manchester United.

We can just go buy another expensive player and have this guy forgotten about within a year.

agreed.
Although the standard of di Maria's play in the next coming years will heavily have a say on that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 pm

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
jibers wrote:

That was in SAF's system where the pitch is spread in such a way that the CF has room to roam around...  with Van Gaal, he spaces things differently AND there's Mata in that 10 role.  The real estate is the issue.  Watching Man U, Rooney is playing way too up.  

Wrong. In that system that season Rooney was told specifically not to roam around and stay closer to goal. SAF and rooney even said this multiple times in interviews. Mata doesn't play a strict #10. I think LVG will use Depay as a SS as well. I want Rooney closer to the box. We need a #9 to pin back the cbs,

He was playing the Ronaldo role as Ronaldo left that summer...  his shot totals shows that.  SAF didn't want to change a winning formula drastically and plugged in the most capable player in that specific role.  Rooney took 250 shots that season lol. No box player can get off that many shots. It's impossible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:
jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And Rooney is a 9,5-10...  not a 9 ffs.  Putting him on top is basically taking away some of his main assets.  Get a true 9 and have Rooney play right behind him.  Doesn't have to be an incredible 9... just an efficient one who has good work rate.

You are joking right ?
Rooney is crap in a no.10 role. Offers nothing remotely close to creativity. We United fans have been complaining about it for years now. If work rate and tracking back are the assets you are looking for then fine play him in a deeper role. He can do a decent job as a CM tbf than a no.10 actually where all he does day in and day out is swinging long floating passes to the right wing. And lately his first touch has deteriorated to a shocking low level.

Similarly Mata is not a no.10 either. He is a typical second striker/inverted pseudo winger. Mata needs some space to effectively function more than anything. And if there are players who play in the same wavelength it can really bring out the best in him. Like Herrera now, Kagawa before. He is that sort of a player, not your average playmaker like a Silva for eg. He is one player LvG has utilized correctly so far therefore eventhough taking Herrera out of the team has hurt him it has to be said.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 pm

https://twitter.com/OSullivanMUFC/status/504332919423664128
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:53 am

Thought I would not mention his name ever again but this kinda helps. A proper farewell message, something I personally didnt expect to see.

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 34 CLwfWQ5UAAAH3-e

Thanks Angel. Good Luck at PSG.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:48 am

I think LVG more then anything had a big role in di maria leaving. It's not like he was sad going to man u. doesn't add up
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:49 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Imagine replacing this guy with ... Memphis Depay. My sides. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Tempted to start a Louis van Gaal vs di Maria scoreline hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 pm

futbol wrote:Imagine replacing this guy with ... Memphis Depay. My sides. rofl

Memphis hater 101 here.

You jelly of him or something?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 pm

RED wrote:

Memphis hater 101 here.

I'm jelly of every footballer who makes millions but that aside I'm just bashing van Gaal. hmm If you love your club you should follow my lead. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 pm

futbol wrote:
RED wrote:

Memphis hater 101 here.

I'm jelly of every footballer who makes millions but that aside I'm just bashing van Gaal. hmm If you love your club you should follow my lead. hmm

I'm with you on not being a fan of LVG, but every swipe you take on our players involves Depay. Was just wondering why, that's all.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

futbol is a good person and he's just looking out for Depay.

He doesn't want Depay to suffer the same fate as Januzaj - score two goals in a debut game against scrubs, get hyped as the new Ronaldo by success-starved Man Utd fans, get dropped like a hot potatoe when it turns out he isn't quite that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Exactly. My personal psychologist explained it nicely.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm

aaah gotcha
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:48 pm

I can't ascertain if futbol really doesn't rate Memphis, or he's just averse to the hype surrounding him currently.

Personally think he's a great talent, but I can't determine his ceiling atm. Being a ManU player et al, the hype can be off-putting no doubt. He's sure to develop under LVG, because unlike Adnan, he's a permanent fixture in the side.

@hapless hon, that avatar is totally unacceptable, makes reading your post an unpleasant experience. I think there should be a indecency limit to the avatar/sig allowed for bets et such.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:51 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:

@hapless hon, that avatar is totally unacceptable, makes reading your post an unpleasant experience. I think there should be a indecency limit to the avatar/sig allowed for bets et such.

Jean, please address any complaints to futbol. It's not my doing.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38119p54-the-offical-goal-legacy-betting-thread-2015-16#1483159
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
À bout de souffle wrote:

Jean, please address any complaints to futbol. It's not my doing.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38119p54-the-offical-goal-legacy-betting-thread-2015-16#1483159

Traitor. Biting the hand that feeds you in such fashion. Just you wait. Mad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next