Valkyrja
halamadrid2
teamanarchy
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Marcos Llorente - Future star Empty Marcos Llorente - Future star

Post by teamanarchy Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

MARCA recently posted this feature article about the academy player.
Apparently he's the future of our midfield.
Anything you guys can add?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Marcos Llorente - Future star Empty Re: Marcos Llorente - Future star

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:26 am

Apparently he has been really good for Juvenil A and Zidane has promoted him to Castilla. Didn't watch alot of Juvenil A games last season but anyone who impresses there need to do the same for Castilla before I can judge. It's too easy for us that league

But having him, J Rod and Medran ready to make the jump to the first team will be really good
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 am

Another article about him
http://www.marca.com/2014/07/26/en/football/real_madrid/1406396705.html
Anybody got something to add?
I always get excited when an academy player looks to make his mark... But more often than not I'm left disappointed...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 am

what's happening with Benavente ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 pm

So, is he a future star ? Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Too early to say. He is developing nicely though and come from a footballing family. According to Marca it's looking increasingly likely that we will get him back in Jan. I hope not, I know ZZ is good with rotations and all but I'd rather he stayed at Alaves until next summer. Their fans love him already
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Very likely to get called back in January. We need cover for Casemiro.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 am

it would be a knee-jerk reaction and unwise move to get him back in January. He is an hybrid between kroos and casemiro, or should i say a more aggressive Kroos.
I think we should leave him for two seasons.

I hope he comes to replace kroos or at least, partner kroos and modric. We need a more proactive midfielder alongside modric.
Modric and Kroos' are too lethargic when they are allowed to play their natural game.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:55 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/real-madrid-wont-bring-marcos-llorente-back-to-replace-casemiro-092916

Real Madrid won't bring Marcos Llorente back
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Good. I wouldn't want him rotting on our bench when he can get minutes at Alaves
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Llorente vs Granada. He is so good

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:04 pm

If he is as good as you claim I don't see why he can't come here and rotate with Casemiro
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Without experience there are few coaches in football who will start him over players who have more experience than him especially if he just got promoted. He should stay where he is at least until the summer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Llorente interview with Marca:

Playing for Atleti? F***," was Marcos Llorente's reaction when shown a picture of his father in Rojiblanco colours at MARCA head office.

"From 10-years-old I did not like them, I couldn't imagine wearing Atletico colours, always white [for Real]. We spoke to Zidane and his idea was for me to stay, but later we met with him, [director general] Jose Angel Sanchez, and my family where we decided it was best to go and play as much as possible and try for the first-team next season."

"I was afraid of leaving"

"It was huge, leaving Madrid. My new [Alaves] teammates welcomed me very well and slowly I got to know them and now I'm enjoying the great team we have. It was a difficult decision and I was afraid about how it might turn out, but it was the right one."

"My dream is to win at the Bernabeu"

"My feedback so far is that I'm doing okay, nothing more. Now I don't think about it, it's the future and what will happen, will happen, I'm in Alaves at the moment but my dream is to win in Madrid and I'll fight for that my whole life."

"I base my game on Xabi Alonso"

"When I trained with the first-team I focused a lot on Casemiro and Toni Kroos, but I've always noticed Xabi Alonso. I like to play ahead of the backline, using the ball, and helping the defence. My uncle [agent Julio Llorente] told me to learn from Alonso."

"Ruben Yanez thanked me for beating Barcelona"

"Of course, that victory was better for being a Madridista, across all age groups it's the game to win. Ruben Yanez thanked me and all the homegrown players, Lucas Vazquez, Denis Cheryshev, have a great relationship. Winning at the Camp Nou gives you a lot of strength and fight even though we suffered a lot late on. The team did a tremendous job."

"I was a skinny child who couldn't defend"

"Typically I didn't help the defence as I was more interested in attacking. Now, I'm happy to be amongst the best interceptors because I used to be too little and had defensive problems until I had a growth spurt. In the Juvenil and Castilla teams, I improved a lot defensively."

"Fernando Morientes gave me my first start"

"I began in the Juvenil B team, with Fernando Morientes as my coach. Early on in that year I barely played, so I worked on my strength and from the fifth or sixth game I was never dropped."

"I trained in forests with my father

"[Former Real Madrid player and Marcos' father, Paco Llorente] was a little crazy in his training, then he told me I should join him and where we lived there was a pine forest, so every morning we ran through it."

"My uncle doesn't like my hair"

"My family is full of athletes, so at home I was taught to win way before I joined Madrid. Especially with my grandfather [ex-Real forward Roman Grosso]. However, my father and uncle always say they don't like my hair, but I'm used to it."

"Gento tells me to be humble"

"I'm proud that Gento is my great uncle. He always tells me about humility and work, When I was younger, Gento and my father showed me around the Bernabeu."

His reaction to Atleti Laughing

Cant wait for him to come back
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Interesting that Zidane wanted him to stay... but Jose Angel Sanchez decided it was a better idea for him to go.

And then people wonder why I wrote that I had heard that Zidane and Jose Angel Sanchez were having problems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Where did you get the part that Llorente was loaned out against Z's will?

Let's examine the quote again:
We spoke to Zidane and his idea was for me to stay, but later we met with him, [director general] Jose Angel Sanchez, and my family where we decided it was best to go and play as much as possible and try for the first-team next season.

The quote clearly states that Z, at first, thought Llorente should stay but later when he met the player's family with Jose Angel Sanchez, they decided it would be best for Marcos to go elsewhere to develop.

There's nothing in the quote insinuating that there's some kind of a rift between Z and the director general, nor is there any evidence suggesting that Marcos was loaned out against Z's will.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:51 am

You find nothing somewhat strange that when Zidane meets the kid and his family, he sells them on Llorente staying... and then Jose Angel Sanchez gets involved and suddenly they decide it's better to leave? Come on. I know you didn't just fall off the turnip truck Laughing

Zidane is always going to be present at these meetings even if he disagrees. If he's not, his authority comes into question.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:37 am

There's absolutely nothing strange with it. Z wanted to keep him at first, but then realizing the kid won't be getting enough playing time to develop, he opted to loan him out.

He said the same thing about Jesé as well:
Jese is part of that squad and it's true that last year he did not play much. If I were his friend, or family member, I would tell him to look for more playing time. But I am his coach and maybe he can get that here. We will see. I am happy with him, I know him well, I know his quality
See how even though he wanted him to stay, he still advised him to go?

Z has full control here, and Llorente wouln't have been loaned out if Z hadn't greenlighted the move.

I know you want Z not to be responsible for the mistake of having no back-up for Case, but I'm afraid he's entirely to blame. A man who benches galacticos wouldn't struggle to hold onto academy graduates.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Good lord dude. This is in line with your argument that massive injuries and star players being completely off form has no impact on how Real Madrid plays.

We all have tunnel vision to varying extents based on our opinions... but let's try and mitigate it a bit with common sense.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion. You obviously are. But just because someone tries to sell ice cubes to Eskimos doesn't mean that the Eskimos should buy the ice cubes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:You find nothing somewhat strange that when Zidane meets the kid and his family, he sells them on Llorente staying... and then Jose Angel Sanchez gets involved and suddenly they decide it's better to leave? Come on. I know you didn't just fall off the turnip truck Laughing

Zidane is always going to be present at these meetings even if he disagrees. If he's not, his authority comes into question.
Pains me to read about the strange helplessness of our managers when faced against the institutional idiocy. Zidane can't stand his ground?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:11 pm

New manager...  literally zero moves in his first mercato.  Only player coming in is Morata, whom he won't play ahead of an off form Benzema, and Coentrao (nuf said).

We were so flawless and the team so perfectly adapted to Zidane that nothing needed to be done. drinking
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 pm

There is another scenario where both agreed to the loan move but even if that is case, someone, either Sanchez or Zidane thought this was a good idea to have no actual back up for Casemiro.

I actually blame all and sundry for this. A club as grand as Real Madrid could not even do this one thing properly.

Alas, Llorente is doing fine at Alaves so far. Never watched him before so colour me surprised when I noticed he is an actual good midfielder.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 pm

This is another con that Sports is spouting. Sanchez is a lawyer / accountant (contract guy). He just follows instructions from Flo and Zidane. Plus he is a nice guy, everyone gets along with him. Sports continually puts up this BS that Zidane is unhappy with various aspects of Flo and Sanchez, but there is zero evidence of this.

I believe the truth is that they collectively decided that like Jese, it would be best to put him in a situation to play and continue developing. Only difference is Jese wouldn't go for a loan.

They still had an opportunity to go after a backup for Casemiro, but OBVIOUSLY Zidane felt they could use Kroos in that role if needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Bill...  you want to be my girlfriend or something.  What's with the stalking Laughing

He's not a lawyer/accountant guy.  Here's a good article about his role at the club.  He's Flo's most trusted adviser and his right hand man.  Flo won't make a move unless he approves the deal. He's become more and more influential, to the chagrin of others in Real Madrid's management. He has very good relationships with the power agents out there and specifically Jorge Mendes. Here's the link:

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2016-07-06/jose-angel-sanchez-florentino-perez-real-madrid_1229064/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:20 am

sportsczy wrote:Good lord dude.  This is in line with your argument that massive injuries and star players being completely off form has no impact on how Real Madrid plays.
Yes, because even when everybody was still fit, we played very bad. You don't want to acknowledge that because you'd rather die than admit Z is tactically inept.

We all have tunnel vision to varying extents based on our opinions...  but let's try and mitigate it a bit with common sense.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion.  You obviously are.  But just because someone tries to sell ice cubes to Eskimos doesn't mean that the Eskimos should buy the ice cubes.
That's funny because the only thing you haven't brought into the discussion is common sense. You said that nobody believed you when you said Z and the director general don't get along, but as always, you didn't provide proof to support your claim.

There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion with us. It only becomes problematic when you start presenting it as factual.

It's patently obvious that all you're trying to do here, through your imaginary movie plots, is exonerate Z of any blame regarding our poor form and lay all the blame on our non-French players.

You have no idea how many times I read your posts and smiled in disbelief. There's simply no limits to how far you're willing to go to shield Z from criticism and blame, and the stories you make up in the process are comedy gold. It's amazing how it is so easy for you to cook up a factually incorrect story in a split second when the truth doesn't fit your pre-existing views. It's like you're physically and mentally incapable of accepting facts that go against your bias. Just to refresh your memory, here's a couple theories you actually said with a straight face:

1. "Zidane is trying to wrestle the power away from the bureaucrats and put it back with the football people". Movie plot worthy of 5 Oscars.

2.  "Zidane is involved in a battle for power with the traditional Flo cronies". Source: The sportsczy Daily.

And believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a gazillion other theories of yours scattered all over GL. You make stuff up all the time to support your bias and you have no idea how damaging that is to your reputation as a poster. The latest one is "Zidane and Jose Angel Sanchez have problems". And you made it up so that we don't blame Z for Llorente's departure. Like I said, you'd say anything to shift the blame from him.

Just once in a while, try to be honest with yourself and call it like it is. Yes, Z is to blame for us not going after a back-up for Case. No, Llorente wasn't loaned out against Z's will. Yes, we're playing like crap and something has to be done. Yes, Z is tactically clueless. No, injuries aren't to blame because we played almost as bad when everybody was fit. Yes, Benzema is injury-prone, lazy and useless. He didn't participate in the euros, yet he showed up injured in the training camp.

Just try it, you'll see how satisfying and fulfilling it is to always say the truth no matter what.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next