Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Dijon 'Mustard' Lovren || #6 Empty Re: Dijon 'Mustard' Lovren || #6

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Spoiler:
:coffee: may be the best signing of this window
Spoiler:

I dont really care what experts or noobs say about him, lets celebrate that we have finally signed a defender  drinking 

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 pm

pleas open it in a new tab  Mad 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I dont really care what experts or noobs say about him, lets celebrate that we have finally signed a defender  drinking 

Considering Carra & Gary Neville are pretty much Football experts now . . they both had him in their Premier XI in Sky  Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 am

Btw I am never going to accept that 'he is inferior to Skittle' shit

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 am

Neither am I. Million times better than Skrtel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Apparently can't get a visa on time to make any of the matches or training's in the US tour so he'll stay in Liverpool until we're back.

First game will most likely be Dortmund.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 am

Don't call me James wrote:Apparently can't get a visa on time to make any of the matches or training's in the US tour so he'll stay in Liverpool until we're back.

First game will most likely be Dortmund.

Didn't know Croatians needed a VISA to travel to US. Thought their passport would be enough :facepalm: .

I am warming to him massively seeing how excited he is to be here judging by his Twitter. He has even changed his twitter name :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:12 am

Same Sep. Love his passion and desire to be here. He's gonna be a fan favorite if he shows even a tiny bit of improvement over Skrtel which I'm dead certain he will.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Well i feel the reasoning behind buying him is that he is better than Skrtel. Now we can argue all we want but i guess BR knows best  Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:16 pm

BR about Lovren
"Of the two boys that played today, Dejan was perfect - he's what we've been looking for since Jamie Carragher left. He's a very dominant centre-half.

"He'll go and attack the ball, reads the game incredibly well and you can see his leadership qualities with his talking and guidance of the back four.

"You also saw his range of pass on both sides, left foot and right foot. His pass into [Philippe] Coutinho for the first goal was wrapped in with his left foot and that creates the nick around the corner to get us the goal.

"Like he showed us last year, he is dominant in the air in the other box, attacking it. I thought he was excellent."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Lovren-Sakho could be the best partnership in the EPL if they play to their potential.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:29 pm

I think I will prefer Skrtel-Lovren...I can bet on this that, Skrtel will perform like a WC player when Lovren as a partner.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Think playing alongside Lovren could really bring the best out of Skrtel like it did to Fonte last season for S'ampton
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Lovren has always been average, Lyon tried to get rid of him a few seasons ago.
For £20 million, you want a somewhat more complete defender.

Never rated this guy, he's miles below our level. When I saw we bought him for 20£ :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That was the most stupid buy we could have done for that money. Benatia was sold for that money ffs
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Underwhelming so far IMO
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 am

CBarca wrote:Underwhelming so far IMO

He's playing at his best........ he was never that good.

He had Schneileden and Wanyama covering him half the time.

He's a solid defender for a mid-table club, but that's about it.

We spent 20m on a defender that's still our "third" best (he's inferior to Skrtel and Sakho, if you people can't see that I really don't know what to say to you). And he's going to keep getting games because we were stupid enough to pay 20m. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:32 am

Considering I never was ever in the favour of his signature let alone the absurd price of to which we signed him I need not elaborate more.

Yet, when you have a CB who since being hyped from Dinamo failed to impress in Lyon on a consistent basis (he was awful) followed by ONE decent season in a top league (at a mid-table club), then what does that bring you?

When Liverpool cease the habit of signing players from mid-table clubs whom have had one good season then we might progress further.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 am

Arquitescu wrote:Considering I never was ever in the favour of his signature let alone the absurd price of to which we signed him I need not elaborate more.

Yet, when you have a CB who since being hyped from Dinamo failed to impress in Lyon on a consistent basis (he was awful) followed by ONE decent season in a top league (at a mid-table club), then what does that bring you?

When Liverpool cease the habit of signing players from mid-table clubs whom have had one good season then we might progress further.

The funny thing is we were promised that when we were told Quality over quantity at the beginning of the transfer window, but yeah we can see the route we decided to go.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:37 am

Whilst I'm in slight agreement, I think it's still too early to completely judge our signings as failures.

I think we will see the likes of Balotelli, Moreno, Can, Markovic, Lallana become successes here as we've seen flashes of brilliance. They really do need time.

Lovren and Lambert however are a different story. I really haven't seen anything to tell me they are anywhere near LFC quality. Hope I'm wrong. But likewise I'll give them time like the rest.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:27 am

Being much to harsh on Lovren. Especially blaming him for things that are systemic in origin as opposed to his individual error. I think give the lad more than 5 games to settle and actually have communication on the backline (or a keeper that can help communicate) and there'd be a difference. I'm not willing to pin our defensive issues on any one player right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:33 am

^ Five games isn't much and we shouldn't write him off yet, but five games start to give you a bit of an idea of a player's average performance level and for Lovren that average has been poor.

We'll see, but I'd definitely play Skrtel and Sakho ahead of this guy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 am

I wouldn't classify them as failures, i just don't expect them to add what Suarez took with him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Considering I never was ever in the favour of his signature let alone the absurd price of to which we signed him I need not elaborate more.

The funny thing is we were promised that when we were told Quality over quantity at the beginning of the transfer window, but yeah we can see the route we decided to go.

Just screamed of very irresponsible expenditure of money just simply because we had it. While I am happy on the route to spend to increase our notoriously woeful depth, it was poorly calculated and imbalanced.

Messia wrote:Whilst I'm in slight agreement, I think it's still too early to completely judge our signings as failures.

I think we will see the likes of Balotelli, Moreno, Can, Markovic, Lallana become successes here as we've seen flashes of brilliance. They really do need time.

Lovren and Lambert however are a different story. I really haven't seen anything to tell me they are anywhere near LFC quality. Hope I'm wrong. But likewise I'll give them time like the rest.

For me, our finest signings are Moreno and Markovic (Markovic will be top for anyone who's followed this gem). You'll know my reserved thoughts on Balotelli, Can is very talented though yet to have a full season of consistency while Lallana was overpriced for a player not worth that much at all. Lambert as long as he stays back-up as I appreciate his fan hood and love for our club yet he has done very very little in his career for a man of his age.

Lovren you must understand since a young age was touted to be very talented yet his story seems similar to Bonera so far. A talented CB in all dimensions yet whose frail and regressive mentality keeps him from reaching a consistent level of performance, to which was glaring obvious at Lyon.

I will not write him off as he has been decent yet like Mignolet at times he just does not look good enough for a top club.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:34 am

But they're proven and are therefore quality...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next