windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:30 pm

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:Would you guys take Wilshere at Barcelona?

Have you seen him for last 2 years? Quite frankly he's not good enough for Arsenal matter about a perennial CL contender like ourselves.

fixed :coffee:

Mole is as much a Barca fan as you are a Madrid fan tbf.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by futbol Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:27 am

I didn't have much time these days but I've got some time to spare now and rewatching the Manc derby. Can't believe my eyes. Rooney picking the ball from Rojo and attempting long diagonals as if he's Xabi Alonso. Fraud Gaal is really playing him in midfield.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm

City falling apart, Aguero the only guy showing up with Silva injured.

If Chelsea seem possible champions on merit, but even if they wasnt, looks like they would win on default anyway.

Other side of London, Arsenal falling apart on so many different levels.

Alexis and Oxlade probably the only 2 who cant give much more than they are.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:20 am

Not to mention Spurs Laughing

Probably worse than all of them. Well, perhaps not worse than Arsenal considering the difference in personnel.

As if watching Barca these days wasn't depressing enough, I still try to watch Spurs most weeks and that's even worse. At least it makes me appreciate the fact that this Barca team isn't that bad.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 am

Soton though Proud

Btw CB, thoughts on how soon the management will turn on Pocch? I need to know when Galliani can launch a free loan bid to bring Lamela back to Italy.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 pm

He'll be given to the end of the season and then be assessed then. Too many recent sackings without supporting the manager and if they sack Poch, who will they get? No one.

Either Poch will be given time or they'll wait till summer, sack him and try to get De Boer.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:19 pm

So glad Vela is back for el Tri :')
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Levy is the guy you have to get rid off imo.

I said many times Sherwood sucks, I didnt like AVB after he left Porto how he did and I am neither high or low on Poc...but I firmly believe Levy is a little up his own ass and he is making all these "continental" move and as a result Spurs have no core.

I really believe in a way to build a team and I believe every team has to have a core group of 5-7 stable players who play all the time in the same/similar positions week in week out and are trusted, have leadership qualities and then understand what the coach wants, I also feel while it isnt needed, its a bonus if these core players have some deep roots with the club somehow...then the rest of the 11 is interchangeable parts which offer different alternatives to each other interchangeable pieces.

Who are Spurs core players?

Who are the interchangeable peices?

They all seem totally mixed and mashed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, apparently at the last game there were some "Levy out" banners that were confiscated or something, or I remember reading something similar.

I agree that it's time for Levy to go. He's gotten some bargains no doubt and made some good deals but overall his impatience is destructive and he has no idea how to build a team, and wields too much power for someone that is one of the main forces behind building the Tottenham team. On one hand, I kind of sympathize. There are definitely some players that looked like good buys, and the team would be a good one if they performed-namely the three big ones...Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela. Dembele was class in AVB's first season and has declined since then, Vertonghen was also class and has declined.

There has been so much chopping and changing that Spurs essentially have no core players. One might say Vertonghen has evolved into one...but he was left out of the starting XI this week- how can he be a core player then? Lloris is the only I could say, and then I'm not really sure how committed he is to Tottenham in the end.

If Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela, Vertonghen, Dembele, Lloris became the core players they were bought to be (as well as players like Walker and Lennon who have deep(er) connections to the club) and then later pieces like Eriksen, Chadli came in...I do believe this team could reach a higher level. A lot higher of a level. For whatever reason, they didn't work out, due to being out of form, injuries, not starting consistently enough or whatever...

Now they're just as you said "mixed and mashed", and to fix the problem managers changed and new players were brought in and that just made the problem worse. I'm not convinced of Poch atm but I give him the whole year, if he manages to not mess it up too much, another year beyond that. This Spurs team needs stability.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:49 am

Do you think if Wenger was at Spurs, with the same set of players he has this and last season, that he would get them to the top 4?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:10 am

With the way Arsenal are playing this season? Hell no. Like I said, given the personnel both squads have, I actually think Arsenal probably underachieving more than Spurs right now. Only one win separates the two Laughing though injuries have played a part.

While managers haven't been up to par (Dani is indeed right with AVB, Sherwood, and so far Poch) and I think Wenger would have gotten more out of the same players and dealt with players like Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen better, I don't think top 4 is achievable while the problems Dani and I have discussed are still within the squad.

He would have done better, but not top 4 good.

Hell, this opens up discussion on how badly Arsenal have been playing under Arsene this season. I think after this season (depends on how the season goes...but even then, I'm not sure) it's probably time for the two of them to separate.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:30 am

Did you guys catch the game between Arsenal and Dortmund in the Barcarates Stadium?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:49 am

cool down Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Fußball wrote:Did you guys catch the game between Arsenal and Dortmund in the Barcarates Stadium?
The comparison between Pedro and Alexis has never felt more ridiculous
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fußball wrote:Did you guys catch the game between Arsenal and Dortmund in the Barcarates Stadium?
The comparison between Pedro and Alexis has never felt more ridiculous

Laughing

I didnt see anything but the highlights but still.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Did anyone else watch the Bayern V City game? What did you guys think of it?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:22 pm

I seen it after the fact.

I think that really Bayern showed their superiority at times, I mean coming back from 1 down to go up 2-1 with 10 men is quite unheard of against a team of the quality of City. And to do for such a long period also. But I guess the 10 men difference showed in the end because they gave City two goals and lost it, rather than City winning it. Alonso and Boateng making laughable errors and Aguero is Aguero, the best player in the PL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Mangala is looking like a dud so far. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm

I disagree, not from what I have seen.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:32 am

Amidst seeing Sports say that PSG would be willing to pay a lot of money for Simeone (I haven't actually looked at any rumors but I believe it)...what do you guys think of his ability to manage PSG? Or really any top level team like Madrid or Barca or Bayern who would demand the best results with playing an attractive (or at least semi attractive unlike Atletico) style of play?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:00 am

Would be a shame for Atletico. But they kinda shot themselves in the foot. I mean how frustrating must it be to Simeone? You win the league, reach the finals of the UCL, and in return the clubs sells off like half of your starters, keeps the majority of older guys, and KINDA replaces the ones that left with almost equal or inferior talent. Damn club is still in like 800,000,000 debt or something crazy....damn near impossible to build a winning team for years to come when the club has to always be worried about selling to pay off debt.

As for his playing style, I wouldn't call it ugly, they play with grit and steel. That is to me, fun to watch, seeing the entire team go in like that ready to sink or swim every game. Is it as say attractive and organized looking as Peps Barcelona or Klopps UCL finalist Dortmund? No of course not, but it's a style none the less that is organized chaos. Plus I don't know if PSG is one of those like Real Madrid or Barcelona that only want to see beautiful attractive football. I mean give me a break, they are still PSG at the end of the day...
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:02 am

Hey seriously, who the *bleep* is changing our badges? *bleep* Mod can go *bleep* him selve. Should be setting an example, not abusing your power.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:13 am

why do you think the club is responsible for this. what if the players wanted to leave. anyone receiving that kind of offer would be willing to leave. and small teams can never hold the talents. i am sure simeone understands this. and they still fighting for all titles shows simeone's ability. i thing he can manage a good squad like PSG and may be we will see his other tactics as well. with a team like PSG he does not need to do PTB.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 pm

I think for PSG it would be okay for him to play the style he does.

PSG obviously have big ambitions and want to play good stuff, but at the same time they want to take he next step I would assume they would be fine with it.

Barca or Madrid or Bayern, after the kind of the football plus success they have had recently...different story, wont tolarate it.

Thats the thing with these super clubs. You can maybe just get away with playing less than steller football but you MUST win..if just one year you dont win, your in deep trouble.

You cant have the team looking like crap and not winning. Even for a short period.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

In fairness Atletico aren't purely parking the bus. I mean a lot of times they do, especially against elite teams like Madrid and Barca, especially when protecting a lead. Not so much against anyone else. Their offensive moves are very nicely choreographed, lots of triangular movements and they press furiously. Remember last season 2nd leg CL vs. Barca when they came out all guns blazing and hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times in the opening 20 minutes. I think with a better team Simeone would play more free flowing football even though he would keep a solid defensive shape first and foremost. I think he could coach a team like Bayern, too. They'd look like they did under Heynckes. Classic back four, 2 physical midfielders sitting infront (Schweinsteiger-Martinez vs. Gabi-Tiago), Müller behind Lewandowski in a 2 striker system with 2 hardworking wide midfielders (Ribery fits the Arda role), Götze can do the Koke role. I don't think Bayern fans complained when they sat back, ceded possession and counterattacked against Barca in 2013. That's exactly how Simeone would approach the few big games. All other games they'd press high up and play proactive football.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:42 pm

This might interest you guys. It's pretty much a translated interview where he talks about his footballing views.

http://www.soccertranslator.com/2014/04/translations-of-diego-cholo-simeone.html
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next