A Look Into the Future of AS Roma

4 posters

Go down

A Look Into the Future of AS Roma Empty A Look Into the Future of AS Roma

Post by gb Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:02 am

Alright, well we all know that right now things are looking quite lovely, dare I say ROMAntic, for the future of our club. A new stadium is in the works, Saba is putting his stamp on the summer mercato, and management has plans for world domination. My questions for you guys is: Where do you guys realistically see our club going in the next 5-10 years? Do you envision Roma becoming a powerhouse not only in Italy but across all of Europe? And finally, what would you like the club to achieve from a fan viewpoint?
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

A Look Into the Future of AS Roma Empty Re: A Look Into the Future of AS Roma

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am

Getting a stadium truly opens the sky up to us. That's the key to it all. 5-10 years down the road. I think we'll have a scudetto and hopefully our European pedigree back.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 am

I expect consistent qualification for the Champions League and improving our results there within the next 5 years. If we get a scudetto along the way without breaking the bank much for the better. I'm not holding my breath for becoming a European powerhouse or anything like that.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 pm

I think with sound business decisions, a profitable stadium and the right football staff....we're destined to rightfully take our place as one of the continent's elite teams.

Just need to be smart on and off the pitch and so far, we've done a relatively good job of it over the last season and a half.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 am

McLewis wrote:I think with sound business decisions, a profitable stadium and the right football staff....we're destined to rightfully take our place as one of the continent's elite teams.

Just need to be smart on and off the pitch and so far, we've done a relatively good job of it over the last season and a half.

I see next 5 year as a turning point for Roma. No Totti, No party describes As Roma more than anything else and i think he can play even after reaching 40 and more than zanetti but I don't expect 43 years old Totti to play as a starter in every game. That is the biggest challenge for the club IMO
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 am

God we are mediocre and we going to continue being mediocre and this never to change at least under this management. Our transfer's is a mess and our scouting in consistent of looking who other are buying and steal the player. It only matter of time till both Milan side get back on their feet and we get down on table. Mad totally sick of this sh...
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:05 am

Can't keep parts of the machine that no longer fit or work. Obviously continuous change means no continuity, which is our biggest problem.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:21 am

destro on his lowest form is the highest in shooting accuracy within our strikers. Lets loan him to a direct rival, sound like a great idea.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Dont care much for Destro anymore, to get something from this season we need to work out the defense. Or buy a new one in the summer.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 pm

well we got to be more patient with players or we end up being step stone for footballers and trust me that is not something anyone would look forward to see.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Sporting director Walter Sabatini reflected on the January transfer window during a media conference at the Centro Sportivo Fulvio Bernardini in Trigoria today.

TRANSFER WINDOW
"It took us longer to sign players than we'd expected in January because certain situations arose that we couldn't avoid. In the transfer window lots of things all need to fit together before they can happen. We had set ourselves certain targets and we managed to achieve them so I'm pleased with our transfer business. We needed players quickly and unfortunately they aren't available straight away but we're happy with the deals we did. With a bit more luck we might have been able to do them earlier but that's how it goes. Where does the coach fit into the transfer equation? I buy players with the coach's backing. Gervinho was an exception to that – Garcia specifically asked me to get him."

DOUMBIA, IBARBO, SPOLLI
"When I choose a player a lot of it comes down to instinct. We've brought in some excellent players and made a few strategic choices such as letting Destro leave. The boy wasn't happy because he wasn't playing as regularly as he wanted. When we bought him we were sure he would become Roma's center forward for the future. Now he's gone to AC Milan on loan and we'll see if he comes back or stays there. If he comes back fine, otherwise someone else will take his place and I already know who that is. We've replaced him with a striker so prolific that his stats are almost embarrassing. His goals to game ratio is phenomenal, something like nine every ten games. Some people might point to the fact that he's been playing in less competitive leagues but he's scored in the Europa League and Champions League too. I was unfortunate enough to cross paths with him five or six years ago when I was at Palermo and he hurt us - he was really hungry for goals. He'll be back soon and can help us in Serie A and the Europa League – and that's a real target as it offers you a route into the Champions League. In any case we'll have to watch over our shoulders for Napoli because their sights are set on second and they're are only four points behind. To defend second we must aim for first and we still believe we can catch Juventus."

FULL-BACKS
"We didn't buy another full-back for a very specific reason: we're very happy with Maicon and Torosidis. Torosidis has never let us down – you journalists say yourselves that he's a very reliable player. We know Maicon has some fitness issues but he has a very high pain threshold. He's come in for some harsh criticism but I'd ask people to look at his performance in the first half, when he caused real problems for Fiorentina with his link-up play in attack. He got caught out in the second half and that's why people said we struggled down that flank. We're not worried, we know he'll return to the level he was at last year and the start of this season."

DECIMATION
"We hope our players win the Africa Cup of Nations but I must admit that in a slightly selfish way I would have preferred for them to get knocked out. It's hard for us because at the same time we care about our players and hope they can win the trophy. It's a bad spell we're in. Just as Iturbe was finding his best form we lost him too. And now Ibarbo, a potential world-beater who we'll try to help reach that level, comes in for his press conference with a muscle problem. It's almost tragicomic. We'll do our best to get him fit again as quickly as possible."

JUVENTUS
"We're not thinking about the game we lost back in October, only the one we have coming up at the Olimpico soon."

ROSTER
"We've extended the contracts of some of the players we believe to be mainstays of the team. All the guys must feel they're part of our plans because I can't say to them, 'Give everything you've got until June and then we'll see.' Tomorrow offers no certainties you can always find a solution because I'm a creative man. We'll kick on, we can't solve the problems with a magic wand or an aspirin but there are plenty of antibiotics at this club."

HIGUAIN
"Higuain was never offered to me, he's got a release clause set at €100 million. He's a fantastic player and a decisive player, although he'll probably finish third again this season. Iturbe didn't cost €30 million as people say. He cost €21 million plus another two in fees. It's a hefty price tag but then he's a great player. I haven't just spent another €30 million on Doumbia and Ibarbo either. That's not how you go about your business, saying that for the same price we could have signed someone like Cavani. Cavani earns as much as this club makes in a year. We want to win the Scudetto and our intentions are very serious. If it's not this year, it will be next year. The president is doing a great job and one day you'll understand that better."

FITNESS ISSUES
"Paolo Rongoni is a man who works 12 or 13 hours a day. He puts enthusiasm into his work and comes up with new ideas all the time. You can't blame everything on the fitness coach. He's already working on a new training program and we'll go on with him."

BLOODING YOUTH
"If you put out your youngsters and they don't play very well then perhaps it's better not to play them at all. I'm talking about Paredes yesterday, for example. It's not always possible to play with kids if you're chasing certain objectives. Our youth policy is to sign them, bring them through and then use them here or sell them on, like we did with Jedvaj. Roma will continue with that policy."

FUTURE
"Might I leave before the end of my contract? I wouldn't consider it for a second - Roma is my daily turmoil! I want to move forward with Garcia too. He's received some unrefusable offers but he wants to win things with Roma. That should be a guarantee for the fans."

PJANIC
"He knows that I expect him to lead the team and he's done that at times. He's not fully fit at the moment, he's got this tendon problem. He can play but it affects him. He'll shake it off in a few days' time and then he'll get back to being the Pjanic we're used to seeing."

Great stuff from Sabatini as always. Tells it like it is and doesn't sugercoat the bull.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Iturbe has been a total flop so far and Maicon cant defend. Empoli and Viola goals were his fault
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Thought Astori was more to blame than Maicon for both Gomez goals myself.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:28 am

hmm Transfers in are meh could be better or worse. The thing is that I don't buy their words on transfers out anymore.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down