B-Mac
RED
Busby Babe
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marcos Rojo - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcos Rojo

Post by UnitedInRed Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:36 pm

I dunno about this signing. He's from SCP so I've never seen him play and I don't like bringing players from smaller leagues right into the top leagues. How will he adapt?

UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 pm

He played every game for Argentina at the world cup should be fine
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Marcos Rojo: Man United signing's debut held up by visa delay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29000089

Seems like the alleged incident of him and his neighbour is the only thing holding up the work permit. There is no problems with 3rd party ownership and he has his international transfer certificate issued by the FA.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Manchester United  @ManUtd

The UK Border Agency has agreed to grant #mufc defender @MarcosRojo5 a visa and he will therefore be available to face QPR on 14 September.

banana
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Shaw and Herrera should be fit too

Carrick should be back end of the month

ffs gonna see full strength squad soon :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Bwaaah, I've never been so excited before a match scheduled so early in EPL.

Rojo has to play, I hope Van Gaal won't surprise us by not using him. The argentinian will become a beast defender. I trust LvG that he will make everything that it'll take to bring the team back to glory. All the signings we've made this summer should fulfill our expectations for the next season/s.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:25 pm

The lad scares me.

I really hope he's a much better CB.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

You will be hard pressed to find a worse Full back performance than his todays.

Still getting accustommed to the league, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But woah was he poor.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt Evra's and Vidic's first 6 months were awful. He's also not a natural CB.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Rafa-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw will be the back line next week

hopefully this will get shaw into the team for good...so we can have that full back we saw last year put Januzaj in his pocket
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:44 pm

What i hope he snaps out of, is his lacksadaiscal(sp?) demeanor. He was just jogging back at times ffs. Looked lost out there. Atleast make an effort to track runs or close down players.

Our whole left side was exploited due to that.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:52 pm

he is probably more suited to CB

Shaw will offer more going forward as well
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

RED wrote:What i hope he snaps out of, is his lacksadaiscal(sp?) demeanor. He was just jogging back at times ffs. Looked lost out there. Atleast make an effort to track runs or close down players.

Our whole left side was exploited due to  that.

Yeah, I saw that too. Maybe, he was tired or the pace of the game was too much? I think van Gaal should have told Di Maria or Blind to double up with him on that side, like Herrera does with Rafa. I hope he does better at CB, can't be much worse than today.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:30 pm

From a Sporting fan

Has been pretty unconvincing. It reminds me of some perfomances as LB for Sporting. Let´s face it, one thing is to play a tournament as LB, another is to play a whole campaign in that position. I reiterate that i think it´s a waste of potencial to play him as LB. It can be a stop-gap solution but nothing more than that. The CB position is where he takes full advantage of his caractheristics.

Not surprising that two years ago after he played a couple of games as LB our managers always put him as CB. I warned that the first real test would be an away fixture.

This is reassuring, I guess. Sounds like he's a much better CB than LB. When Shaw is injured next time, it might be better to put Blind at LB and Carrick in midfield, since it sounds like this is what we should expect from Rojo at LB. Unfortunately, we couldn't use Carrick this time, but next time hopefully we can.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:34 pm

He posted on his Instagram that the injury is nothing serious, so a good chance he will be available for the Arsenal match after the international break.

I've been impressed with and am becoming a big fan of his. I like his passing, ucually picks out a player with a low driven ball, has a good tackle in him (although it can be arratic at times) and has strength to boot.

Hasnt helped that he has a different cb partner every week.

I feel he will improve once he's involved in a settled back four and his English improves.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Thought it was only me that has been impressed, he's been far from perfect, but there is something there. He's had Carrick, Jones, Smalling and McNair all partner him, so it's been a really tough start for him. I'm glad it's not as serious as it seemed, I don't have confidence in Blackett (right now) he's been appalling for the reserves.

We should sell Evans and Smalling, keep Jones but not as a starter, buy 1 or maybe even two new CBs. That way his injury proneness won't effect us, he's only 22 that's why I didn't group him with Evans and Smalling. If he improves he will have to fight for his spot, otherwise they'll be a time where he'll have to go as well.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:28 pm

I agree with pretty much all that you said apart from the selling Smalling part and keeping Jones.

Although yesterday I said I never wanted to see Smalling in a United shirt again, that was mostly due to my rage at him, I still feel he is our best defender. He's just dumb af and cant pass a ball to save his life. But he'll be good to have as a squad option.

I've given up on Jones and Evans. Evans is a liability, has looked awful without a leader next to him babysitting him and is injury prone to boot.

Jones' body is broken. Too rash and I feel that he will never change his style and overcome his chronic injury problems.

Rojo and a top rcb is the way to go, imo.

Glad to know you're a fan of Rojo's too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Thought it was only me that has been impressed, he's been far from perfect, but there is something there. He's had Carrick, Jones, Smalling and McNair all partner him, so it's been a really tough start for him. I'm glad it's not as serious as it seemed, I don't have confidence in Blackett (right now) he's been appalling for the reserves.

We should sell Evans and Smalling, keep Jones but not as a starter, buy 1 or maybe even two new CBs. That way his injury proneness won't effect us, he's only 22 that's why I didn't group him with Evans and Smalling. If he improves he will have to fight for his spot, otherwise they'll be a time where he'll have to go as well.

really ?? scratch
What happened with him. I was becoming a fan of that boy in fact. And was kinda excited to watch him again next week. Proabably Blind will play in the defense then and carrick as DM .

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Rojo's dad says he's out for 2-3 games, no surgery, should be back for Stoke.

@Lumiere Yeah, he's been poor, he got absolutely wrecked for one of the goals. I'm not saying he's can't become better, but he's definitely having a bad patch of form.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:12 pm

RED wrote:I agree with pretty much all that you said apart from the selling Smalling part and keeping Jones.

Although yesterday I said I never wanted to see Smalling in a United shirt again, that was mostly due to my rage at him, I still feel he is our best defender. He's just dumb af and cant pass a ball to save his life. But he'll be good to have as a squad option.

I've given up on Jones and Evans. Evans is a liability, has looked awful without a leader next to him babysitting him and is injury prone to boot.

Jones' body is broken. Too rash and I feel that he will never change his style and overcome his chronic injury problems.

Rojo and a top rcb is the way to go, imo.

Glad to know you're a fan of Rojo's too.

Maybe, I'm still too angry with Smalling, but you're right his performances vs Chelsea and Bayern are better than anything our CBs have done over the past year. I have a feeling Jones and Rojo also don't compliment each other well, too similar. I still like Jones, he had a good start to the season, but if he keeps getting injured then there's no point really.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm

jones is too senseless. He has ability. But I can see him getting injured frequently in th future as well. The thing might be he takes training sessions/practice matches too seriously and commits to tackles without thinking twice. His attitude is like that and I dont think unless someone really mentor him personally LvG or someone else take care of the psychological side of his game seriously, I dont see him changing.

So between the 2 I too right now will vote for smalling by the Less dumber of the dumb rule. I too like Jones but I am going with smalling. And if we are lucky and get 2 good cbs I will sell them both and also evans. Complete clear out Cool

btw I recently learned Laporte is an United fan Proud Hugely rated. He might be one of our signings I guess.

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Laporte is left footed though, also play LB.
i.e. not a candidate for van Gaal to replace Smalling/Jones/Evans at RCB.

If I was you, I'd try to see the upside of the *bleep* and injuries of your CBs - those kids McNair and Blackett will maybe continue to get their chances and maybe even establish themselves as starters. Why not? If they're good enough?
Nothing beats seeing players from your own youth find a place in the team and perform imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Laporte is left footed though, also play LB.
i.e. not a candidate for van Gaal to replace Smalling/Jones/Evans at RCB.

Yea I know. we need in actuality 2 signings. So 1 LCB and 1 RCB
laporte - lcb
an experienced player with leadership qualities - rcb need not necessarily be world class,
And as far as evans, smalling jones, if i get a chance I will Sell all 3. or may be we can keep 1 of them for cover. Smalling probably.

Hapless_Hans wrote:
If I was you, I'd try to see the upside of the *bleep* and injuries of your CBs - those kids McNair and Blackett will maybe continue to get their chances and maybe even establish themselves as starters. Why not? If they're good enough?
Nothing beats seeing players from your own youth find a place in the team and perform imo.

And its interesting you mentioned this. I am also someone with a similar view. I have huge hopes as far as those 2 kids are concerned as well. So make them the 2nd/ 3rd choice CBs.
and blackett can of course play LB as well.
mcnair-the 2nd choice back up for the expeirenced right footed CB we bring. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:05 pm

I would like to see McNair and Blackett play a run of games first and how they play vs big teams before I can say whether they're the immediate answers to our center back problems. There is also the want of having someone with leadership qualities at the back.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Rojo :bow:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:42 pm

He's a great personality. Always plays with a smile on his face, and always looks excited. Genuinely looks like he loves being at the club.

I like players like this.

His partnership with Smalling looks promising too. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down