Liverpool vs Manchester City

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:03 pm

‪‎LFC‬ v ‪‎MCFC‬: Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel, MORENO, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Sterling, Sturridge

LFC subs v MCFC: Jones, Manquillo, Sakho, Toure, Can, MARKOVIC, Lambert

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Man City line up: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko ‪

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Navas, Aguero
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Lucas not even on the bench over someone like Toure? Hmm...

Well anyway, it's really amazing to think once Balotelli is registered, Lallana and Flanagan are healthy and then you have guys like Suso, Ibe and Borini who are not even on the bench. A squad with proper depth and talent now.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Uh, frustrating to concede a goal like that after playing well and matching City at the Etihad. All to do in the 2nd half.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 pm

Liverpool have been the better team but we need to finish our chances. It's that simple. Our back-line is still looking to give away goals on mistakes and not make the other team work for them which sucks. Still can't believe Johnson starts for us. He's almost useless. Too bad for Moreno's error because he was playing well to that point.

Allen showing his class though and the midfield looks so much better with Gerrard/Hendo/Allen than having Lucas in there.

Coutinho having another off game. I want to see Markovic replace him sooner than later today. Can still win this.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 pm

3 - 0...

So, did Lovren come with a refund option or not?
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:36 pm

**Bored** everybody simply took a leave of absence...
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Disgraceful performance! Sort out the midfield and the defence will patch up a bit.
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:19 pm

we were anyways going to lose this game or at least a draw...so need to sort out everything before we visit Spurs.
Mistakes, stupid game plan by BR in the second half

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Nothing to blame on BR. Some individuals were ABYSMAL. Lovren, Mignolet & Johnson were NIGHTMARES!! affraid
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Really not understanding the outrage. They were very clinical with their chances whereas we weren't. And you can't afford that at Etihad.

A couple of better final passes (e.g. by Moreno/Lambert/Coutinho) and we would have scored as many as them.

Liked the look of Markovic and Moreno (he'll learn from his mistakes). Rather lose at Etihad when we're rusty and adopting, than at Hull/Swansea.

We'll do Spurs next week.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

I am not disappointed so much that we lost, just that we couldnt penetrate at all, that made me little worry since we are playing without Suarez. I think BR tweaked it a bit in second half, they could always found more space between lines and there was no pressure on them...btw i remember 3-1 loss from Hull when we were not clinical at all that day.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I am not disappointed so much that we lost, just that we couldnt penetrate at all, that made me little worry since we are playing without Suarez. I think BR tweaked it a bit in second half, they could always found more space between lines and there was no pressure on them...btw i remember 3-1 loss from Hull when we were not clinical at all that day.

I think we actually created as many chances today as we did last year with Suarez when we lost 2-1. Off top of my head

Last season: OUR GOAL, Sterling's wrongly offside goal, Sterling missed open net 74th min, Johnson fluffed a chances at their box last season, Coutinho shot saved by Hard after amazing passing by him, Sterling and Suarez. That's 5

Today: OUR GOAL, Lambert passing it (Cleared by Kompany) instead of just shooting, Moreno's cutback at 2-0, where he should have squared to Sturridge, Henderson taking an extra touch and crossing instead of just taking a shot when put through by Sterling in first half, Sturridge weak shot after Moreno squared to him at 1-0, where he took an extra touch instead of just one touch shot, and we immediately conceded second.

As I said, the performance in first half was more assured and structured...we started second half well too...but after going 2-0 down, it was always going to get more desperate and disjointed. We still created enough chances to score at least one more goal imo.

Really glad it ended 3-1 which is respectable because I had feared we may lose our heads at 3-0 and it could turn into a confidence-shattering hiding.

We'll be fine for Spurs. and as much as people hate it, Diamond is our best formation and we look a lot better playing with 2 men up top. Can't wait to get back to that formation on sunday.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

I think it made much difference once Lambert came on and there were more clear cut chances created. I would say before that there were half chances, the ones you mentioned.

I seriously think it has to do more with mentality that we didnt look calm in the final third and we looked to rush. But I can completely understand that since many of those chances involved new signings and we should improve once the players settle in.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 am

Not really fazed. I thought we were unlucky. We had some dominant moments in the match and yet didn't capitalize at all.

We created a lot of chances that we usually would score tbh. Moreno should've squared it to Sturridge instead of pulling it back when Marko put him through. Lambert should've shot instead of trying to set up Sturridge. Hendo should've gone inside from Raheem's beautiful through ball. I thought our offside goal should've stood since we got *bleep* last season on Raheem Razz But hindsight is a beautiful thing. Regardless we lost this fixture last season as well, I'm not worried.

I NEVER want to be happy when our players get injured but I got to say I'm a bit glad that we won't be seeing Glen Johnson starting. Manquillo was undeservedly dropped.

Very tough debut for Moreno, hard on him to start his career away at City. Marko looked fantastic. Loved his cameo. Allen played really well in the first half. Lambert is very intelligent, did change the game when he and Marko came on. I think Rickie is just trying too hard and will eventually settle.

Lovren's venturing away from the rest of the backline could cause many problems for us. He needs to make better decisions as to when push up and when to hold the line.

Liked the look Can. The dive was pretty lolworthy and unnecessary but his physicality could be very useful this season. He's tidy on the ball as well.

This is one of those games we really didn't deserve to lose and probably would've won if it were some shit team. But City are City. They can play shite and still do that.

On to next week.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:03 am

I think what we'll see going into Tottenham will be this:

Manquillo-Sakho-Lovren-Moreno
Gerrard
Henderson-Allen
Sterling
Sturridge-Balotelli
Starting with the diamond gives a lot of flexibility (formation and player-wise) and I think is our strongest option. I really think that Enrique should have started today...too big of a game and too tough of an opponent for Moreno's first match.

As has already been mentioned we were a bit unlucky. I think that up until Jovetic scored we were really taking it to them but just couldn't get the ball in the net. The fact that City didn't have to work for 2 of their goals worries me though that our defence is not going to be better than last year.

Anyway, nothing has changed. We go again next week and we'll win.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:we were anyways going to lose this game or at least a draw...

I disagree, I'm frustrated because we played well enough to get something from the game, at the Etihad, too. If we were overrun and clearly the worse side, then accepting defeat is easier, but we looked just as good as them.

They were more clinical, but we also made a few defensive mistakes that City didn't make. We won't concede a more simple goal all season than their third, Aguero just having to run onto a through-ball from the halfway line.

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated, but losing away at the Etihad isn't a nightmare, so onwards to White Hart Lane and let's repeat this performance without the mistakes and we'll give ourselves a good chance of winning.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:46 am

I don't think we played badly and whatever the scoreline may suggest, it was a pretty even affair. We didn't take our chances while they capitalized on our mistakes. These things happen and it's a good thing that it happened so early and against City at Etihad.

I'm a bit disappointing with Ricky. That own goal should have gone straight in (rather than being bundled over by City player) and he should have buried that second wishful cross/fumbled shot.

Allen is awesome. His pressing, movement, control is quiet good. But his passing is equally bad.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 am

@Art Morte wrote:3 - 0...

So, did Lovren come with a refund option or not?

Thought he did well tbh.

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am

Allen showing his quality. He is a keeper. With him and Henderson in midfield it's really easy to see why Liverpool were bossing the first 35 minutes at the Etihad.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 am

@Art Morte wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:we were anyways going to lose this game or at least a draw...

I disagree, I'm frustrated because we played well enough to get something from the game, at the Etihad, too. If we were overrun and clearly the worse side, then accepting defeat is easier, but we looked just as good as them.

They were more clinical, but we also made a few defensive mistakes that City didn't make. We won't concede a more simple goal all season than their third, Aguero just having to run onto a through-ball from the halfway line.

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated, but losing away at the Etihad isn't a nightmare, so onwards to White Hart Lane and let's repeat this performance without the mistakes and we'll give ourselves a good chance of winning.

hmmm...ok but we were still meh in final third. It is clear that one of Allen or Hendo need to contribute more in the final third and that is where Lallana comes in imo. One of the MF duo in front of Gerrard needs to do more, it is clear from ydays game.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:27 pm

They were clearly superior to us in every department bar Allen. :coffee:

Hey its the Etihad! We don't have to go over there in the league again! Glad that's sorted, We play them at Anfield next time and you need more than just a good team to win over there.

Not reading much into this game, Will start panicking after the Everton game if we are still less incisive.

Coutinho has to be benched for Markovic for a game imo, Play Coutinho back at Anfield next.

Spurs next, A result over there possibly debuts for Lallana and Balotelli and we are sorted.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Also absolutely fuming that Can came on for Allen, Would rather Gerrard go off. He's 34 he doesn't need to play 90 mins very week.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 pm

guys I believe that a settled team (from last 3 years, who has won 2 titles) against a team with new left defense (Moreno-Lovren)+a team who has lost PFA player, was always going to be difficult for us. So I will not read too much into the game except that we need to improve in final third. Chances like where Moreno could have fired at goal instead of squaring to others+Lambert's chance...so as I said we lacked that mentality or rather I would say belief. For me that Spurs game is more important and that is where we should make everything count.

Positives:
- we are three points better than last season, in the corresponding fixture list.
- Lallana and Marko both will be available. Marko for sure
- bigeest one is we wont see more of GJ

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Mignolet is so poor sometimes, conceding way too many cheap goals, I think we should bring in some competition for him, Romero maybe(?)
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm actually starting to lose a bit of confidence in Mignolet. He's just not a commanding keeper. He's ok, and he makes some nice reflex saves but in terms of presence, command and general awareness I feel he's just not a top class keeper.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next