Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm

puts Chester in FF team, gets immediately sent off :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Lol you are winning anyways mate
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:55 pm

the great miracle worker LVG :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:55 pm

FT Sunderland 1-1 United.

I have never seen a United side so lethargic while needing a win. Sunderland looked more like United than United themselves.

The players are clearly not made for the system LVG wants. No doubt they will improve with more signings but atm they are on par with the likes of Sunderland and Aston Villa.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 pm

United's next league game is away to Burnley. Pressure is on.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Wow really didn't think United could be so bad. Sunderland should have won, Wickham should have been on a hattrick at least ffs

With BPL coverage exploding in the USA for pretty much the first time ever, there are so many that are new to this league, and ManU is still the most hyped and advertised/well known team. I can only imagine how many people in the USA are like.. "So, this is that big legendary team everyone's always talking about ? I don't get it"
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:08 pm

at the start of the season, these games against small teams are opposite of 'blessing in disguise' for them hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Now that the weekend's action is over, waiting some 24 hours for our game against City feels like an eternity.

Btw, are Tottenham better than last season or are QPR just so bad?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Spurs not only in the top 4 but at the moment top of the league.

Where is Hapless_Hans, your soul is mine :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Lol where are the man u fans that kept talking up LVG??
is your huge sponsorship going to bail you out now?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:20 pm

mourinho deceived us big time by stealing 40 m from us for mata. he is not worth even half that amount. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Donuts wrote:Lol where are the man u fans that kept talking up LVG??
is your huge sponsorship going to bail you out now?

agree.
lvgs been shite for two matches now. his substitutions been utter poor. and he is adamant in sticking to a system which clearly is not suiting us.
but then again theres no expectation on us this season. Smile all hail moyes Molenation

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:Now that the weekend's action is over, waiting some 24 hours for our game against City feels like an eternity.

Btw, are Tottenham better than last season or are QPR just so bad?
Combination of both. Better than last year, but not as much as QPR made it seem.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:40 pm

QPR gave us entirely too much space to operate, if you give Lamela and Eriksen space to work they will pick any team apart which is what happened.

Just nice to see for once Spurs didn't spurn away their chances.

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:mourinho deceived us big time by stealing 40 m from us for mata. he is not worth even half that amount. :facepalm:

I am all for piling on United right now, but your issue is the same issue you have had since Fergie was your manager. You have a shit central midfield which has needed fresh blood for years. No amount of managerial "genius" is going to fix that.

Now you are adding Di Maria which is an excellent pick up, but still doesn't remotely address any of your key issues.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Poor poor perfromance from us today :facepalm: Young, Cleverley and Fletcher- The trinity of shetness :facepalm: Plus our shakey defence etc. So many holes in the team I can't be arsed to repeat the problems for the millionth time. Everyone can see them.

Big week for us to get some much needed players of a certain quality. Anything right now seems will improve the squad. Of course injuries isn't helping us either.

Di Maria coming. Hopefully 2 more MF and a CB, and we should hopefully look like something resembling a team again.

I thought we would draw before the match. Just surprised we actually didn't lose.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:39 pm

But but it was ALL MOyes rofl

Btw I do expect an apology from B-Mac and whoever else was arguing with me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Don't call me James wrote:But but it was ALL MOyes rofl

Btw I do expect an apology from B-Mac and whoever else was arguing with me.

It was. Moyes' incompetence compounded our problems.

I have complete faith in LVG. You have to take into consideration the injury crisis he had to deal with in the first 2 games.

The performances have been bad, but once new players come in, injured players get back, plus players adapt more to his system, there will be a vast improvement.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Manchester United is in a situation very similar to our ,although we can just dream their money.
A wonderful cycle closed, and it is not so easy to restart well at once.
Van Gaal had difficulties at the beginning also with Bayern , he was close to be sacked in Decemeber if he wouldn't have knocked out Juve at  group stage, then he won 1-4 in Torino , he got qualified, the club recuperated in league  and it was very close to get a treble season.
In Premier League noone waits you as in Bundesliga anyway , so there is need of straighten the situation soon
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Tottenham today Proud

Yeah it's a combination of both. Spurs looked good though and will get better, but as Moto said, when you allow the space they did for Lamela and Eriksen to operate, you're going to pay. Could have had more than 4 as well.

This is the lineup I like to see though, with Soldado and Ade fighting it out for the striker position based on who's playing better and with a player like Schneiderlin or Moutinho next to Capoue. Don't think Bentaleb is good enough to be starting week in week out. Would rather see a new CM next to Capoue with Dembele providing depth and Bentaleb there for when Dembele inevitably injures his hip.

Great game today though. Fun to watch.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:56 am

Art Morte wrote:United's next league game is away to Burnley. Pressure is on.

They face all 3 newly-promoted teams in their next 3 PL games.
Probably going to win only 1 though.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 am

Let's not forget Burnley have a knack for beating United

...................ok, so they beat them once. Could happen again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:02 am

But it is at Turf Moor.
Nowadays, Untied look more jelly at Old Trafford.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 am

Man City/Liverpool collides with the Real Madrid/Cordoba game. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 am

^ Is it really a choice which game to watch? Laughing hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 am

CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:Scored in the FA Cup final

Scored in the community shield

Cazorla has been anything but shite lol

FA cup final was this season?

Sorry don't pay too much attention to Arsenal's preseason.

I'm not saying much. It's early in the season so it's only been a couple games, I'm just responding to dnmac who is jerking off to Cazorla when he's been very underwhelming so far and that's why he was benched against Everton Laughing

Fair play he made amends with the assist but let's not say he's been spectacular, k? He's been shite so far.

Sooooooo, you're agreeing with that other Arsenal fan that Jack Wilshere has been better this season than Santi?  

And yes, the community shield counts especially for a team like Arsenal who needed to win against a big team like that instead of getting whipped up on like last year.  Had they lost that game I'm sure there would be many critical fans saying gee look more of the same from Arsenal.

If you watched the game which I hope you actually did then you would see how much it meant to them.

And LOL picking Cazorla out to blame the CL game against Besiktas on, just typical.  Let me guess Wilshere had nothing to do with that game right?  Wrong he started too but it was Santi's fault, Santi had the lionshare of the scoring opportunities and shots on goal but Wilshere played great and Santi was crap.  

It never stops, Jack Wilshere could walk into some of these Arsenal fans houses take a crap on there floor and they would claim it smelled like roses.  While if Santi has a game with out a goal or assist no matter what happens he played like crap.

You say Santi's been underwhelming, well against City and Everton he had a goal and an assist, the two best teams they played against and he's played in 3 games plus a 20 minute cameo.

IF he kept that average up he would probbly win EPL player of the season, but you're right he's been underwhelming.  If you actually watched the Everton game they were on there way to getting there ass handed to them until they took Jack out for Santi and he got them going.

Oh and BTW, Jack has played in everyone of Arsenal's games this year and as usual he has done nothing.

And as for your friend EL Gunner who seems to share your opinion he went full retard on here with this gem of a quote,

"Wilshere has been playing with a bit more injected pace into his game, you can see he is trying hard and trying to get back to making forward runs and great through passes like he used to in his breakout season. Ramsey has given the ball away on multiple occasions in these first 3 matches and he hasn't been near the form which he showed last season. Yes, he still works hard and still makes forward runs. But except his goal against Palace and today at Everton, and his one special pass against Besiktas which set up Giroud with a chance, he has had minimal impact on our game imo."

So let me get this straight, Wilshere is the one powering Arsenal to victory even though when he left the field against Everton is was 0-2 when they beat Crystal Palace they were tied 1-1 when he left the field and Ramsey scored the winner and both Ramsey and Cazorla Showed out against City where Wilshere did pretty much nothing.

So in El Gunner's opinion and yours I'm not sure.  Just forget about all those annoying goals, assists, game winners, and chances created etc that's not important to Arsenal.

Forget that the moment Santi came on and turned the game around against Everton who was beating there brains in when he only had a 20 minute cameo and Jack played 70 minutes and got his midfield owned by a pretty pedestrian Everton midfield.

We should forget about all that meaningless stuff and focus on Wilshere's injected pace and that he's "trying really hard".  He's trying to be his breakout self again, I mean he's not doing it, his through balls are not coming off and he gets owned by basically every midfield he plays against but he trys really hard.

I'm not even making this stuff up, I posted that part of El Gunner's quote again below.  It's mind blowing.  This everyone deserves a trophy generation needs to grow up.

"Wilshere has been playing with a bit more injected pace into his game, you can see he is trying hard and trying to get back to making forward runs and great through passes like he used to in his breakout season."
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:19 am

Nice essay. I skimmed it. Let me reiterate. Didn't even watch the community shield. Good for him that he did well in a game in preseason. I'm happy, because I actually quite like Cazorla, as far as Arsenal goes, he's my favorite player. But against Palace he was wasteful, slow, and provided nothing- to the extent where he was ruining attacks. It was a similar story in midweek, he was near invisible. Why do you think he was benched against Everton, a side that Arsenal need their best XI out for?

It's an incredibly small sample size which is why I'm being brief and this discussion is stupid to begin with. I said nothing about Wilshere, but it's nice to see that you continue your obsession with him.

My only point is that you're here singing his praises, and the fact of the matter is you're singing someone's praises when he's been underwhelming so far. Exactly what did he do in the 200 minutes he's played so far? 1 assist, coming on as a sub against an Everton team that was struggling against Giroud who came on as a sub.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next