Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 am

I refuse to retread the same old discussions with you. If you wish to write off the information provided by basically every reliable source then that's your prerogative... but I'm no longer going to correct it.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:25 am

Natalie Portman wrote:The only players from Utd I'd take in our starting XI are DDG and Di Maria (and once we sign Valdes in October, then not even DDG)

O, and kudos to Newcastle. Got rid of dressing room cancer like Ben Arfa and shipped off dross like Mbiwa cutting their wage bill, and bringing more unity and togetherness to the squad. I think they'll do very well this year. Pardew finally imposing his own vision on the team.

I don't even have a dog in this fight but reality needs to be brought back to some of you. If a player is linked with your team or has been bought by your team he suddenly turns into Superman.

As a Barcelona and La Liga fan (who actually watches the games) There is a 0% chance that Victor Valdes is a better keeper than David de Gea.

It's not really even close and we will even pretend V.V. isn't coming off of a surgery where he blew his knee out.

Please stop the madness.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 am

Natalie Portman wrote:^ Ifty...they first won the pre-season trophy...and now they think they've won the transfer-trophy.

all giddy ...until you know....the actual match day comes along Very Happy

And they just bought players because they became available...we actually scouted every single one of ours. anyways, enough of that. French journo on twitter is just mad Proud

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 2h
Disappointed to see Falcao leave Ligue 1 as it is the final nail in the Monaco coffin. El Tigre leaving France as a transfer flop.

Falcao scored 13 goals in 22 games (all competitions) in total for Monaco. 3 of those were penalties. Ligue 1 fans right to be disappointed.

Those figures flatter Falcao, who showed his limitations in Ligue 1. Offers nothing outside of box. Often like playing with 10 men for ASM.

Ligue 1 much maligned, but Falcao's failure shows how difficult it is to succeed as a striker in France. Only very best are prolific #Zlatan

Yet despite all of that, Manchester United will actually help Monaco make a profit from him. Astonishing. Damaged goods after his injury.

Falcao's attitude re: Champions League disappointing. Big fuss about it when he arrived at ASM, now no guarantee he'll get it next season.

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 1h
Also note Edinson Cavani, despite mostly playing out wide, had scored more goals by end of 2013 than Falcao did in his entire time with ASM.

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 1h
Getting a lot of "but Falcao was injured." He was not injured first half of season & by then was already being called a flop.

lmao Sepi. Do you really think Falcao gave a f*** about that Ligue 1 and that nothing team? He went there purely for money. Dem half arsed performances for that huge cheque every week Proud

Now if you want to know the calibre of player Falcao is, just check his goals for Porto and Atletico Wink
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:39 am

KSA bringing flashbacks of Falcao's of times when the Columbian actually WAS 28 compared to his now 33-34 year old self. Laughing

Fraudcao. Proud

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:24 am

"He played alot of games out on the left" - A new quote in every arsenal fans locker to explain why they signed an average striker and why that striker has a worse strike rate than most defenders.

Laughable that he used to get compared to Sturridge.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:05 am

Where has this Falcao being 33-34 talk come from? I know there was an issue about his real age but I was of the impression that it was only 1 year off. Genuinely eager to know where this info is coming from.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:07 am

lszanto wrote:"He played alot of games out on the left" - A new quote in every arsenal fans locker to explain why they signed an average striker and why that striker has a worse strike rate than most defenders.

Laughable that he used to get compared to Sturridge.

Huh? It's true though isn't it? He HAS played LW many games for Man Utd and England which is NOT a natural position for him, you as a Chelsea fan must surely remember Sturridge when he played RW, what was his strike rate then?

Anyway, I don't know why you get upset and bring this up if you think he is an average striker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 am

Scored 11 in 28 appearances.

Not upset, just amusing as if he's as good as arsenal fans seem to think he is through the middle then I don't think Van Gaal would have sold to a rival club.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Where has this Falcao being 33-34 talk come from? I know there was an issue about his real age but I was of the impression that it was only 1 year off. Genuinely eager to know where this info is coming from.

Just Liverpool fans making up non sense to help them selves sleep at night how the best the could do with CL was Balotelli
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:46 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Where has this Falcao being 33-34 talk come from? I know there was an issue about his real age but I was of the impression that it was only 1 year off. Genuinely eager to know where this info is coming from.

Spoiler:

Last edited by S on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 am

lszanto wrote:Scored 11 in 28 appearances.

Not upset, just amusing as if he's as good as arsenal fans seem to think he is through the middle then I don't think Van Gaal would have sold to a rival club.

Because every decision van Gaal makes is ALWAYS the right decision. K got it.

I don't know how good you think Arsenal fans think he is, but I know for sure that he is our best striker so forgive us for defending our new signing. I'm sure noble Chelsea fans never defend their new signings.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am

Robes, what's your opinion on Taider?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 am

What's everyones opinion on Hull?

They look like they've assembled a threat in the final third.

Abel Hernandez, Gaston Ramirez, Tom Ince, HBA. Think they Diame too (who obviously don't play in the final third but is a good PL player.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 am

Gil wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Man Yoo have only done shocking business if they fail to reach their goals.

They've overspent on pretty much every player and their wage bill at the moment is astronomical.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Swansea & Hull all had great windows.

A team which isnt in the CL trying to sign players who are more than good enough to play in the CL, had to over pay?

I never....
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Red Alert wrote:What's everyones opinion on Hull?

They look like they've assembled a threat in the final third.

Abel Hernandez, Gaston Ramirez, Tom Ince, HBA. Think they Diame too (who obviously don't play in the final third but is a good PL player.)

top 10 should be there goal and incredible if they achieve it...tbh there owner seems like a prick with the whole name saga, but he has backed the team well this window clearly wants them to be competitive and not relegation fodder

dem feels when Ben Arfa leads Hull to higher finish then Newcastle Proud Mole support Hull ffs
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Man Yoo have only done shocking business if they fail to reach their goals.

They've overspent on pretty much every player and their wage bill at the moment is astronomical.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Swansea & Hull all had great windows.

A team which isnt in the CL trying to sign players who are more than good enough to play in the CL, had to over pay?

I never....

http://www.transfermarkt.com/bayern-munich/transfers/verein/27?saison_id=2007&pos=&detailpos=
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Trending on twitter.

https://vine.co/v/OuBATA7plU2

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-has-two-games-to-save-his-job-at-st-james-park-9707489.html

Too bad it's a bit too late for Ben Arfa.

RedOranje wrote:I refuse to retread the same old discussions with you. If you wish to write off the information provided by basically every reliable source then that's your prerogative... but I'm no longer going to correct it.

You're going to correct me like you did by telling me, categorically, that we were not going to sign Balotelli? I find it hard to believe that Rodgers/Liverpool just suddenly decided that they were going to buy Balotelli when they had Remy lined up for a medical while every other club seems to think that there's nothing wrong with him (and Chelsea signed him). They obviously had interest in him before, and there's no way that they didn't scout him. Correct me since I'm wrong though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Red Alert wrote:Robes, what's your opinion on Taider?
He is average atm , he could be a good back up for us , but I think he won't go over an   EL dimension in future, nothing more imo  . Southampton could be a good place for him , but he came back in Italy , to Sassuolo Laughing basically he wanted to be a sure starter and  probably not even there he was sure of it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 pm

El Cujo wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-has-two-games-to-save-his-job-at-st-james-park-9707489.html

Too bad it's a bit too late for Ben Arfa.

Doubt it's true, if he was that close from the sack we wouldn't have let Ben Arfa and Mbiwa go.

As they were both moves that was 100% all Pardew.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 pm

I know he's been laughed at before already, but Scott Sinclair has actually stayed at Man City. He scored 28 in 82 games for Swansea, which is pretty darn good for a winger, and moved to Man City then. Has played a whopping 500 minutes of PL footy since then, scoring once and assisting once. And now hasn't actually even gone out on loan. The guy's 25 and should be in his prime. What a waste.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:36 pm

should have moved to Newcastle like there was rumblings about
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Moal was saying Newcastle wouldn't sell HBA for less than 20m like last year Laughing And that only top teams would attract him rofl And now they've loaned him out to Hull of all teams.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Pardew obviously wasn't going to play Ben Arfa, so it's OK to loan him out. If anything it's going to keep his value up or even increase it and is hardly going to be a major difference in Newcastle's season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Isn't he on the last year of his contract?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Moal was saying Newcastle wouldn't sell HBA for less than 20m like last year Laughing And that only top teams would attract him rofl And now they've loaned him out to Hull of all teams.

That was true then, since then Pardew has held on grudge for Ben Arfa saying the truth.

Since then he's been in the reserves and not allowed to train with the first team because Pardew is an ego maniac.

He just wants to play football again, same goes for Mbiwa and Marveaux were ostracised in a similar manner for no reason.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next