Torres Appreciation Thread

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: Torres Appreciation Thread

Post by Nishankly on Mon May 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Sometimes I feel he was always good but never WC even at LFC because we didn't win anything with him leading us unfortunately. He benefited with the midfielders in their absolute prime behind him, Masch-Alonso-Gerrard.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Sometimes I feel he was always good but never WC even at LFC because we didn't win anything with him leading us unfortunately. He benefited with the midfielders in their absolute prime behind him, Masch-Alonso-Gerrard.
imo the season at liverpool when he was at his best he was the best striker in the world at that time. short lived though.

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Tue May 22, 2018 6:30 pm

never really understand why he was so good at Liverpool that season and then complete shit the next at Chelsea Very Happy I dont think its fair to say it was the benefit from the midfield, I remember clearly he beat so many defenders based on his pace and acceleration, and score many good goals. Also he was very good for Atletico first spell, not too bad the second considering his age and all.

For Spain NT, will always remember he having a hand in the WC win, his presence helped them and allowed Villa more space and chances to score the goals, and the Iniesta winner in the final, was but an initial pass from Torres although it was blocked it helped start the move that led to it Razz

Still though I just dont rate him for some reason, just personal preference I guess.
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Sometimes I feel he was always good but never WC even at LFC because we didn't win anything with him leading us unfortunately. He benefited with the midfielders in their absolute prime behind him, Masch-Alonso-Gerrard.
imo the season at liverpool when he was at his best he was the best striker in the world at that time. short lived though.

2008 , he was truly great . 3rd at Ballon d'or behind the 2 monsters . His prime didn't last long tho, was that because of the injury he got before going to Chelsea ?

i feel like he was rated just fine .. average striker from 2010 to 2018 and very good striker prior to that .

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11