halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Kick
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate Your Club's Transfer Window

Post by Donuts Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 pm

7/10 for keepers, Bravo and MATS decent deal for mats, but bravo abit expensive
6/10 for defence, We finally bought two centerbacks, although not the highest quality and a random douglas player Laughing
7/10 for midfield, Rakitic for a low price and got back rafinha, didn't really get a real Xavi replacement
8/10 for attack, Suarez in sanchez out and we kept pedro.. loaned out tello, cuenca for free, duelofeu on loan...

overall 7/10 for Barca.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate Your Club's Transfer Window

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:19 pm

8/10

- replaced an ageing and injury prone Vermaelen with a top prospect, Chambers, who might also become a good DM

- replaced an ageing and limited Sagna with Debuchy who looks much more cyberpunk and is much more relentless going forward, adding attacking pressure

- replaced the Flapper with Ospina who will provide real competition and stimulus for Szescny

- surprisingly added a world class player with Alexis, who is a strong quality improvement suitable for all attacking positions

- got rid of whatshisface Jenkinson to be able to groom the much more promising Bellerin

- got a solid young English impact player with Welbeck to back up our striker stalwart Giroud

- avoided temptation to mess up our wage structure and team chemistry by throwing silly money at some overhyped pseudo-big name striker from Uruguay, Colombia, Guayana, Surinam, or Curacao

- instead decided to trust in the promise of likeable, talented and quick-feeted Campbell, who we apparently already had, just out on loan, stemming from one of those tiny countries north of the ones I just mentioned.
He scored against United last year so that already adds something we didn't have.

- did not lose any other players

What more could we ask for?

Maybe another versatile defensive player, a CB/DM, would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 pm

0/10

Stop editing my posts please.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:25 pm

FFS
All Overmars or the club had to do was to bring in two damn players. A striker and a midfield player who can actually play with the *bleep* ball. What did we get? Loan a striker who didn't make one minute in the last 3 league games and wasn't even brought on when we were in desperate need of a goal against Groningen. What good is a loan if the player can't help us right away. Now we loaned another player - a guy who isn't good enough to play for Mainz. JESUS CHRIST wtf is wrong with this club. I know we can't bring a world class player to the Eredivisie but we have so much money it shouldn't be a problem to sign at least some decent players. Now we even sold Vermeer to Rotterdam for 1m. 1m!! Can't be real. Sell the whole *bleep* board.

1 point cause I like the young talents we brought in.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Since no one cares about Boca I'll mention my second favourite team/European team:

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 2 Valencia-icon

Not really happy that the team is completely overhauled i.e. too many changes for my liking. I have no problem letting Postiga and Jonas leave but we should have kept Bernat, Mathieu, Guardado and Banega. Perhaps Mathieu could go considering we really ripped Barcelona off but the rest, I'm not so sure.

I think we have signed some overrated players like Rodrigo. We really lack classy players in midfield where it used to be our strongest position over the years. I like Parejo and I think he's improving year after year but who else do we have to partner him in midfield? Racing rejects Zuculini and De Paul? Not ready. And why is Fuego still here, or let me rephrase why did we sign him in the first place?

5/10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

BMG signed Yann Sommer, so they get a 10/10 from me cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm

7/10

On top of what we did, we needed a world class striker, a starting defensive midfielder and a backup CB.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 pm

7/10

Sanchez, Chambers, Debuchy and Welbeck all great signings. Needed a DM but Diaby will cover that. CB huge problem though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 pm

danyjr wrote:Since no one cares about Boca I'll mention my second favourite team/European team:

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 2 Valencia-icon

Not really happy that the team is completely overhauled i.e. too many changes for my liking. I have no problem letting Postiga and Jonas leave but we should have kept Bernat, Mathieu, Guardado and Banega. Perhaps Mathieu could go considering we really ripped Barcelona off but the rest, I'm not so sure.

I think we have signed some overrated players like Rodrigo. We really lack classy players in midfield where it used to be our strongest position over the years. I like Parejo and I think he's improving year after year but who else do we have to partner him in midfield? Racing rejects Zuculini and De Paul? Not ready. And why is Fuego still here, or let me rephrase why did we sign him in the first place?

5/10

Does the Addition of Negredo add to that num?
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm

TalkingReckless wrote:Does the Addition of Negredo add to that num?

I rather we still had Soldado instead Sad

Still, an upgrade over Postiga so I should be happy.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Considering what we have gone through on last occasion this has been a beast of a transfer window. Uber happy.

8 out of 10. Needed a back up right back and one more CB as well. Couldnt get them. So 2 points scrapped. Otherwise it would have been a perfect window. But yea huge improvement nevertheless.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Replaced Fabianski and Sagna with Ospina and Debuchy, signed a good young talent in Chambers and got Alexis.

Sold Vermaelen, didn't replace him. Still have Flamini and Arteta as DMs. Didn't sign a better striker than Giroud. Got Welbeck. At least he's better than Sanogo.

So 6/10 for Arsenal.

Sevilla signed Barbosa, Arribas, Carrico, Pareja, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas, Krychowiak, Mbia, Banega, Denis Suarez, Deulofeu, Vidal and Iago Aspas, which just about makes up for losing Fazio, Moreno and Rakitic. Emery signed a new deal. Kept Bacca.

8/10, I think. Not sure about the quality of some and a few loose canons in that lot.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Kloppo says 10 from 10:
Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 2 Th-klo10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am

Spent about £20M excluding the Negredo money.

Kind of surprised they let Huws go.

Negredo offer was too good to turn down. Can only think Iheanacho will be the fourth striker when hopefully he gets his work permit next month.

Sad to see Micah go but hopefully he'll get back on track in Italy.

Core of team signed long term contracts so i'll give it 8/10.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 am

RealGunner wrote:7/10

Sanchez, Chambers, Debuchy and Welbeck all great signings. Needed a DM but Diaby will cover that. CB huge problem though.

I think Chambers will be the full time CB. Bellerin will probably be the second choice RB. Last year we had 3 Cbs, this year is the same story pretty much.

Maybe I'm crazy but Chambers has looked far better at CB than Vermaelen has in a long time.

I'd agree with the 7
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 am

Diaby rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am

Pardew rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 am

6/10

Unhappy with selling Di Maria, who was a vital player.

Unhappy with signing James Rodriguez based on WC hype.

Happy with signing Kroos as a replacement for Alonso.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 am

Di Maria and Falcao.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 am

RealGunner wrote:Pardew rofl

I don't follow scratch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 am

Signing James was a disaster as far as i am concerned. I have a very good feeling he is going to flop. It's one thing to sell di maria, but if you sell a player that was playing box to box for your team, dont replace him by a n10 who has no clue what playing box to box is like. Stupidity of the highest degree.

But hey, i have heard enough fans telling me how he is the best player of the next generation, future golden ball winner, so what do i know right?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Signing James was a disaster as far as i am concerned. I have a very good feeling he is going to flop. It's one thing to sell di maria, but if you sell a player that was playing box to box for your team, dont replace him by a n10 who has no clue what playing box to box is like. Stupidity of the highest degree.

But hey, i have heard enough fans telling me how he is the best player of the next generation, future golden ball winner, so what do i know right?

maybe perez engineered James move purely on the model or philosophy that has been always the case of Perez... always buy popular player... its good for marketing.

James is a good player but i agree i also didnt understand, there was absolutely no necessity of bringing james. not even Tony Kroos. should have kept Xabi Alonso instead.

if anything, Real madrid needed only striker in my books, and that was falcao... personally i think Benzema was the only weakest spot of the madrid squad.

feels as if madrid has weakened themselves by buying James Rodriguez and Tony Kroos and unsettling the likes of Alonso and Di maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 am

Xabi left on his own, we didnt sign Kroos to replace him straight up. Both were going to play a whole lot together, but Xabi just decided to go for reasons we will never know. But my take is simply that it has to do with the BS casillas pulled, getting madrid to sell Diego. When we did that, meritocracy died all over again.

that's the move that truly weakened us. To me, Falcao wasnt needed, Benzema just needed a good back up and we were ready to go again.

Now we are just going to rely on Khedira-modric-Kroos in big games. Illarramendi needs to stop being a p*ssy and play up to his talent as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:31 am

For Barcelona I'm thrilled with our business.  For some reason people have been taking shots at some of our moves but I don't really get it.  

I know a lot of people on here never watch La Liga so they may know the names of some of the players we signed but not there true quality.

I love Ivan Rakitic and he has been a beast for a while now.  Last year vs Madrid (if anyone actually watched the game) he was the best player on the field and one of the best players in La Liga for the entire season plus he's tall at 6'0 which we need badly. I think we stole him for what we paid.

Again if you know anything about La Liga you would know Barca have had there eye on Jeremy Mathieu for about 3 years now.  He can play almost any position on the back line and he has a ton of quality defensively and going forward plus again he's TALL at 6'3.  Yes he's 30 but he really hasn't shown age slowing him down or getting him injured or anything like that.  

Luis Suarez, not much to say.  Top 3/4 player in the world and brings a nastiness we needed so badly.  Plus I may be the only one who believes this but he's also an insurance policy should Neymar continue to not really play up to his potential in our system.  I do believe there are some concerns starting to take shape on that front as IMO Bale who he will always be compared with is totally outplaying him.

The keepers we signed Bravo and T. Stegan are quality and seeing I was never a huge Valdes fan they were good signings for the money and getting 2 of them so we hopefully never have to see Pinto in goal again is a blessing from god.

Re-signing Mascherano is gold.  I love this player and I could care less if he's a CB, DM or whatever the guy is awesome.

Alexis Sanchez- The guy runs his socks off but he misses so many chances.  He did better last year but I know Arsenal fans are infatuated with him now but believe me they will get frustrated with him.  He is not a world class players as some would have you believe.

The last thing I like and the best signing of all is Luis Enrique and a shift back to playing our youth players.  It was a system that worked for many years and why we got away from it probably due to that ass clown Rosell who was the worst thing to ever happen to the club is beyond me. The youth players bring a hunger/fresh young legs and willingness to run through a brick wall/plus they know the system.

What I didn't like:

Thomas Vermaelen, no offense but if he can't play for Arsenal he probably can't play for us, plus he's always injured we knew he was currently injured and still pulled the trigger.  Just dumb IMO.  He will be a total flop.

With our transfer ban we don't really have the luxury to gamble on a guy who's always injured there were other options out there.

Christian Tello- I love the guy and thought he was electric off the bench for us.  I'm not really a huge fan of letting him go, I think we will need him this year.

Gerard Deulofeu- I'm split on, I would have liked to keep him but only Enrique knows how much he would have played.  I'm glad he has a minutes clause in his loan to Sevilla.

It it were this year only I would give us a 9/10.  Since we were basically signing for 2 years because of the ban I would say 7.5/10 and if Suarez goes off like I think he will then more like a 8.5/10.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 am

Why isn't Di Maria good in terms of marketing. Top 2 player in Argentina imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:07 am

JespSwe wrote:i want to say that Chelsea has undoubtly have had best transfer market so far... with atletico... although (with atletico i have only two worries, Courtios should have been replaced with Cech... they should have asked Cech in return) and Felipe Luiz is a massive loss and i dont think atletico has found a better replacement.

They had no grounds to ask for anything in return for Courtois Laughing its not like we bought Courtois from them.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next