halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Kick
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 4 Empty Re: Rate Your Club's Transfer Window

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lol @ Van Ginkel having a future at Chelsea.

Like Sturridge, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Romeu etc among many others.

Just look at the Chelsea threads in the Chelsea section and all these kids who were supposed to be the future of Chelsea have all been sold apart from Courtois.

Lucas Piazon, McEachran and Kakutu among others were there too Laughing

Jeffrey Bruma, Michael Mancienne etc pp

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 4 Empty Re: Rate Your Club's Transfer Window

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm

So there is a chance that BMG might be able to capture Thorgan Hazard banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Kick wrote:
I made the same thread last year.
I acutally didn't have to type the title out because it was already saved on my computer. I would have made it regardless of how our window went.

Just sayin'.

Although it was made in a moderately obnoxious fashion, he does have a point.  Everyone's lauding the fact that Chelsea turned a profit, but the fact is that it's easy to do so when you've stockpiled 100s of millions of pounds worth of assets (while taking a loss in order to do so) in previous windows.  It's like a business taking on large amounts of debt to stockpile assets, then selling those assets in a future quarter and pointing to a profit on the balance sheet.  While it is accurate, it's not an entirely honest reflection of the situation.

That being said, Chelsea could've taken a 100m pound loss this summer and I'd still say they had a good window.

Not sure what any of that has to do with our business this window. Not sure how signing young players and selling them if deemed not good enough for the first team is somehow illegal. Courtois has just come in and benched a club legend. He was a loan player. So if you put aside a bit of bias, you'll see that there's actually a purpose to it and not because we want to breach FFP. Quite a weird assertion, I must say.

Funny that it always has to be an Arsenal fan dropping the FFP line in every thread. Just sayin'.

He was talking about my post.. and I also never said anything was illegal. There's nothing dodgy about what Chelsea is doing and I never said there was. I just find it rich for Chelsea fans, who are usually so critical of Arsenal fans propensity towards analysing the clubs finances, to be falling in a heap of praise for their summers transfers after profound net losses over the years, $600,000,000 over the last 10 years in fact.

It's also a little obnoxious in itself.. It's kind of like your club winning the title and creating a thread called "Champions! But how did you club fair this season?"

When I posted that I did just return to my desk from a rather boozy work lunch, it was obnoxious of me I agree.. Kick I didn't know this is an annual thread.

But while we're here... I don't even think Chelsea did post a profit as per OP figures;

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/chelsea-transfers.html

16m net spend this summer, only made possible through PSG's idiocy in signing a player which you effectively got you back what you paid Benfica for Luiz in the first place, isn't anything overly impressive when you consider the monumental expenditures over the past 3-4 seasons.

In 03/04 Chelsea, as most will know, spent a whopping 150m, 150m may not sound much anymore considering Real blow that on two players, but in 2003 it was a hell of a lot. From there its a snowball effect.

Not that I'm bitter or anything..

I agree that what money was spent, was spent wisely.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Rate Your Club's Transfer Window - Page 4 AyjE2R6

I'd give a solid 9/10. Would've been 10/10 had we gotten rid of more deadwood (Assaidi, Borini, Johnson) permanently and kept Agger.

Pretty great for a 33m net spend though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:49 pm

well i am happy about the transfers, and that's something.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Keepers N/A nothing changed
Defense 6/10 - Benatia was sold and Manolas brought in as his replacement. It remains to be seen if its a good deal.
Dodo replaced with Cole - I beleived in Dodo and I dont approve of this transfer. At least it was free.
also, lots of rotation players - Holebas, Astrori, guy from Newcastle - good for rotation and Coppa Italia, not for CL or big Serie A games

Midfield - Solid as always, no big changes, only Ucan arrived. N/A

Attack - kept Destro, Ljalic and brought in Irtube - 7/10 - no big name, but no worries either

Overall 7/10. Smart business, but no real big names. Maybe good for us at this point, but it remains to be seen
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:22 am

Offloaded a number of unwanted players, however several were loan deals only and Mexes has been relegated to a 4 million euro a year bench player, whilst Zaccardo also contributes to a bloated squad at the back. Our defensive solutions were decent, far from outstanding.

In midfield we made several decent acquisitions, however losing Cristante and retaining The Six Million Year Old Man was tragic.

In attack, we could only muster a poor, washed up replacement for Balotelli despite three months of negotiations giving us time to find a more suitable replacement.

Had we not lost Balotelli and Cristante I'd have given our window a 7 due to the deadwood removed and the quality of some of our free agents such as Diego Lopez, however even though we recovered slightly with Van Ginkel and Bonaventura, I'd rate our window a 6, nothing more.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next