Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

+22
Red Alert
The Franchise
Glory
free_cat
halamadrid2
iftikhar
ExtremistEnigma
B-Mac
LeSwagg James
rwo power
Kick
windkick
VendettaRed07
BeautifulGame
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RED
terrance511
DeletedUser#1
Hapless_Hans
Forza
Gil
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this the strongest United team since 08/09? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 am

If Utd were a human, they would be a bodybuilder who skips leg day...

But that's none of my business :coffee:

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is this the strongest United team since 08/09? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:45 am

Gonna be a fail jinx thread imo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 am

Horribly imbalanced squad with a stubborn hipster manager.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 am

This sort of trolling is simply epic :bow: . Gil Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

DDG
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Hererra-Blind-Cleverley
Januzaj-Falcao-DiMaria

Bench:Roonay, RVP, Mata, Valencia, Lindegaard, Anderson, Young

Dem options off the bench ffs :bow:

Probably won't happen though as LVG will continue playing that failed 3-5-2
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:41 am

Gil wrote:
De Gea
Jones Evans Rojo
Carrick/Blind
Rafael Herrera Di Maria Shaw
Falcao Rooney

That's just incredible. Then you have the likes of van Persie, Mata, Fellaini, Smalling & Januzaj on the bench as well.

Alot of people claim they need to invest in defense due to their early results but have failed to mentioned 3 of the 5 regular starters haven't played a single minute yet. With time, it will improve. Besides, Liverpool and City proved last season that you can win games with an average defense.

I was feeling pretty upbeat after our start to the season but I see no possible way how we can possibly compete with that team especially since they replaced Moyes with LVG. Only 3/4 players in our squad (Cesc, Terry, Cahill) would get into their first team.

They're title favourites for me with the Di Maria and Falcao acquisitions and apparently they're close to Vidal as well which is even more frightening to think of.

Is this the lineup they'll play? that seems very poor to me...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
DDG
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Hererra-Blind-Cleverley
Januzaj-Falcao-DiMaria

Bench:Roonay, RVP, Mata, Valencia, Lindegaard, Anderson, Young

Dem options off the bench ffs :bow:

Probably won't happen though as LVG will continue playing that failed 3-5-2

cleverly ?? ! no way man. That bleep will be going straight in to the reserve team now. Deliberately effing up a move away. I am sure LvG will be pretty pissed off right now at him. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 am

If you had a choice between Villa and Everton I know which one you'd choose. Not his fault he has got ambition. It's United's fault for not being able to agree a deal with Everton

Cleverley is in the same boat as Wilshere imo, he just needs someone to believe in him and he will start showing hus potential. I have no doubt in my mind someone like Martinez would've gotten the best out of him. United are not very good with the younger academy players and that's because they have to show their worth playing next to trash
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:37 am

yea may be. But he was rated very highly by Sir Alex. And we have given him enough and more opportunities as well unlike in Kagawas case or to some extent Welbecks case. That midfielders slot was left for his taking for 3 seasons now but he has miserably failed. Perhaps theres talent in him. But he will never make it cos he doesnt have the right attitude. He already thinks he is something big and then we see him stationary shouting at fellow teammates and pointing at vacant spaces on the pitch when he himself is surrounded by 3 or 4 opposition players. :facepalm:

true its our fault as well. But now will he get any games? Its looking extremely unlikely. So he should have forced the way out like DannyW. Instead he chose to play the waiting game and he will rue that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

The gap in talent between Wilshere and Cleverly is astronomical.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

@busby bane, I suppose but I feel he will do better with guys who can actually pass next to him. Instead of Fletcher/Fellaini/Carrick he will have Blind or instead of Anderson he will have Herrera. But as you said I doubt he will start as I think LVG will continue with the 3-5-2, there aren't exactly many CM options on the bench so I think Cleverley will pretty much be an automatic sub

@Dani, no they are definitely in the same boat. Different qualities but the same mentality, ego, untapped potential. Both could be such better players but haven't reached what their talent would allow them to. Wilshere has had the luxury of playing in a better midfield but Cleverley hasn't had similar niggling injuries so we will see. Both are bench players right now and rightfully so. While I don't think they will become nearly as good as who they were touted to bevome (Xavi in Wisheres case and Scholes in Tom's) they are definitely only showing 1/3 of their qualities. Overally I think Cleverley can be the better player because he has a higher ceiling
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:55 am

No. Cleverly isnt nearly as talented, I have no idea what your seeing.

Wilshere simply cant stay fit, once (or if) he puts together a season or two without injuries he will be fine. We all already seen what he is capable of.

Cleverly has had ample opportunities and has been nothing but average.

And what luxury midfield was Wilshere playing with when he was at his best? Song and Diaby? Arteta? Get outta here with that? lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 am

Cleverely is actually rated? I always thought he was like Heskey. Rated "highly"... but you know as a joke. Like not at all serious because he's not very good?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:13 am

The Franchise wrote:Wilshere simply cant stay fit, once (or if) he puts together a season or two without injuries he will be fine. We all already seen what he is capable of.

Quite the contrary actually. Now that Wilshere has gotten some regular playing time without injuries, people actually stop overrating him and see his true level which isn't very high. I doubt he'd get into that team now so I have my doubts he will actually improve. He needs to be a starter for that and Wenger has a habit of playing players out of position so there is a big chance we will never see him reach his full potential until Ramsey goes to the Club that is in his DNA of course
Cleverly has had ample opportunities and has been nothing but average.

And what luxury midfield was Wilshere playing with when he was at his best? Song and Diaby? Arteta? Get outta here with that? lol

Yes, United have not had a midfield since Scholes started ageing and Hargreaves got injured. Whoever you name they will still be better than the sorry excuse called a midfield at United. He will play with better players now, probably not from start but no more Fletcher and Anderson scrubs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 am

Wilshere hasnt had time without injuries....he fractured his foot in March...he hasnt gone injury free for any real length of time since I cant remember when.

Utd havent had a good midfield in ages? Do you know why? Because players like Cleverly play in it lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Wilshere has been our best(consistent) midfielder so far in the season lol(Although our midfield has been extremely poor so it's not something of a big achievement). He gave a MOTM performance against Besiktas in a game which was extremely difficult.

Ramsey has started shit despite the goals, Arteta has been injured, Flamini is average, Cazorla has been hot n cold, Ozil plays at LW/RW.

Cleverley belongs at a mid table club. Every united fan knows that nevermind the neutrals. He is on the same boat as the likes of Livermore, Charlie Adam etc. Wilshere is supremely talented in comparison. I don't even know why this is a comparison at all. Wilshere in terms of talent is on the tier of Thiago, Verratti n co. Even if he hasn't performed that highly since his injuries, everyone who understands football can tell you that. He is only 22 and he has lost 2 years of football. Cleverley has been playing consistently on the other hand. It's easy to tell what he is.

He has gone on loan to Aston Villa. He will be sold next season to a club on the same level. He isn't a shit player mind you, he is actually alright and will have a good career. But please don't compare him to Wilshere lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:If Utd were a human, they would be a bodybuilder who skips leg day...

But that's none of my business :coffee:

OMG rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BennyST Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 am

When will be the first time this 'new' United team will be unveiled in full? What are people's best guesses? It's all well and good having all these guys, but how long until they actually start playing together as a full team, with Rojo, Shaw, Falcao, Blind, etc? Very interested in seeing them.
BennyST
BennyST
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:01 am

Think we might see most of them after the international break since none are carrying any injuries and they all should have trained enough by then together.

Doubts on Shaw though since he is still fat.

Welcome btw, Benny!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BennyST Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:08 am

RealGunner wrote:Think we might see most of them after the international break since none are carrying any injuries and they all should have trained enough by then together.

Welcome btw, Benny!

Thanks mate! Thumbs up

Yes, I seem to remember Shaw still being horribly out of shape. Well, if they start together reasonably soon, I guess it becomes how long until they click....or if they click at all more to the point.

Hopefully they do though. It'd be great to see them work well together. Could be amazing with who they've got coming.
BennyST
BennyST
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 am

BennyST wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Think we might see most of them after the international break since none are carrying any injuries and they all should have trained enough by then together.

Welcome btw, Benny!

Thanks mate! Thumbs up

Yes, I seem to remember Shaw still being horribly out of shape. Well, if they start together reasonably soon, I guess it becomes how long until they click....or if they click at all more to the point.

Hopefully they do though. It'd be great to see them work well together. Could be amazing with who they've got coming.

Another Aussie :bow:

Who do you follow Benny, please don't say united.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next