Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
30 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Official Playstation 4 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Playstation 4 Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue 31 Mar - 9:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yes and it's for PSVita only lol, like Dishonored is for PS3.

PS4 owners don't get either, which is what i meant by my previous post.

PS twitter account with dat mega deceive VAGI

Can't wait to download Never Alone

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Playstation 4 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Playstation 4 Thread

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:01

And yet no one criticizes the PS4 for not having any games like they did the Wii U. Everyone bloody drinking the kool-aid.

I am not saying the PS4 should be laughed at, but the coverage the Wii U got for not having "any" games was disgusting. The same about the PS Vita, where major releases are brushed under the rug so that more negativity can be pushed through.

Why aren't we seeing the same rhetoric with the Bone and the PS4?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 13:06

I think it has to do with the fact that most people have come to the conclusion that Nintendo are assholes who are "literally" trying to take out anybody who (again) "literally" do not fck with them.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 13:09

Tbf Spencer it's mainly because PS4 gets all the multi plats, if Wii U had all the same multi plats people wouldn't say shit.

Everyone knows that usually Nintendo's exclusive line up is great, it's just for them to have the games that PS4 does as it attains to multi plats and exclusives they would have to bring out like 15 exclusives per year and that's not realistic for anyone.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 31 Mar - 13:22

Lord Spencer wrote:And yet no one criticizes the PS4 for not having any games like they did the Wii U. Everyone bloody drinking the kool-aid.

I am not saying the PS4 should be laughed at, but the coverage the Wii U got for not having "any" games was disgusting. The same about the PS Vita, where major releases are brushed under the rug so that more negativity can be pushed through.

Probably because Microsoft and Sony don't consider Nintendo a worthy rival. They've become so focused on hiding their console specs from each other, and pushing out their console ahead of time, that they completely neglect the fact that the ever dwindling amount of game developers consequently can't start developing games until after Sony/MSoft decide that it's safe to reveal their specs and start shipping out dev kits.

Nintendo's sales pitch is that their early line-up of games have always been dependably great games that people have been enjoying for generations. If they fail to deliver that, they don't have anything else to lean on, as far as I know. They don't have any reason to hide their console specs, and so the developers can familiarize themselves with the console, ahead of it's release date. Naturally, they'll face more criticism in anything is below expectations, in this regard. Either way, they're not considered a threat by the two mammoths of console gaming.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:31

izzy wrote:I think it has to do with the fact that most people have come to the conclusion that Nintendo are assholes who are "literally" trying to take out anybody who (again) "literally" do not fck with them.

I really don't understand this.

But again, Nintendo oscillates between assholes and industry saviors like a sine-wave these days.

Youtube dictatorship, Nintnedo bad.
DLC, Nintendo good.
Online backwardness, Nintendo bad.
Great games, Nintendo good.
No Metroid, Nintendo bad.
Nintendo Direct, Nintendo good.

I wasn't aware Nintendo hires hit-men to "Take out" other people. If so, they should hire one to take out their marketing executives, those guys are flippantly oblivious of their own companies strengths and weaknesses.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:36

Thimmy wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:And yet no one criticizes the PS4 for not having any games like they did the Wii U. Everyone bloody drinking the kool-aid.

Probably because Microsoft and Sony don't consider Nintendo a worthy rival. They've become so focused on hiding their console specs from each other, and pushing out their console ahead of time, that they completely neglect the fact that the ever dwindling amount of game developers consequently can't start developing games until after Sony/MSoft decide that it's safe to reveal their specs and start shipping out dev kits.

Nintendo's sales pitch is that their early line-up of games have always been dependably great games that people have been enjoying for generations. If they fail to deliver that, they don't have anything else to lean on, as far as I know. They don't have any reason to hide their console specs, and so the developers can familiarize themselves with the console, ahead of it's release date. Naturally, they'll face more criticism in anything is below expectations, in this regard. Either way, they're not considered a threat by the two mammoths of console gaming.

I am pretty sure that the executives of the two companies wouldn't be employed if they didn't think Nintendo was a "rival".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 31 Mar - 13:40

Well, PES is a rival of FIFA, and I'm sure EA don't give a crap about the current state of Konami's football games Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 13:45

Lord Spencer wrote:
izzy wrote:I think it has to do with the fact that most people have come to the conclusion that Nintendo are assholes who are "literally" trying to take out anybody who (again) "literally" do not fck with them.

But again, Nintendo oscillates between assholes and industry saviors like a sine-wave these days.

DLC, Nintendo good.

I wasn't aware Nintendo hires hit-men to "Take out" other people. If so, they should hire one to take out their marketing executives, those guys are flippantly oblivious of their own companies strengths and weaknesses.

Well, let me explain the fanboy/common sense reasoning. Laughing

The YouTube dictatorship is the basis for this.
Everyone knows that Nintendo is struggling financially, no secret. So, they put out the YouTube dictatorship, which I can not understand why they would make such a thing public and have an official story for it.

We all know that Sony and Microsoft have YouTube channels/personalities dedicated to sucking their ass and ripping on the other console and they probably pay them for it, but they don't release a story announcing stuff like this like Nintendo did. They don't release statements which basically read, "You can only post OUR content and you have to post it in a good light, otherwise copyright strike." Nintendo want YouTube channels who will do that for them and Nintendo will pay them, which is fine...... but it keep it to yourself. Laughing

So basically, they are watching your channels and will not allow anything negative about their stuff if you agree to suck their ass. Which is fine..... but again, keep it to yourself.

We are in an era where fanboyism is at its peak, where people STILL play COD. Why is Nintendo giving people an excuse to hate them? What goes on with their marketing and promotion team? What is going on? Laughing

It's the dumbest thing I've seen them do since they thought it would be a good idea to give out £10 AND $10 (Yes a Western marketing strategy) worth of gas money when you buy Mario Kart 8.

This is how I see this stuff. They confuse me so much. People have ceased to care about the good games they put out because of BS they constantly do...... AND announce. Laughing

Last edited by izzy on Tue 31 Mar - 13:47; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:47

Thimmy wrote:Well, PES is a rival of FIFA, and I'm sure EA don't give a crap about the present state of Konami's football games Razz

The difference of course is that PES is not a rival financially at all.

In the case of Nintendo, it has outperformed Sony's and Microsoft's console divisions for the past two generations now. In fact, XBox is basically a financial hemorrhage for Microsoft.

As for Sony. They were in a downward spiral with their video-game business but they seem to be saved by the PS4. Credit to them where its due.

Sony and Microsoft are going for a very similar demographic, but they are not forgetting to try and get Nintendo audience as well. Sony's efforts in Japan and Microsoft's efforts with the Kinect both testaments to that.

Also, Apple is kicking Samsung's ass in so many ways, yet it still consider it worthy to be sued to oblivion apparently.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:50

izzy wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

DLC, Nintendo good.

Well, let me explain the fanboy/common sense reasoning. Laughing

The YouTube dictatorship is the basis for this.
Everyone knows that Nintendo is struggling financially, no secret. So, they put out the YouTube dictatorship, which I can not understand why they would make such a thing public and have an official story for it.

We all know that Sony and Microsoft have YouTube channels/personalities dedicated to sucking their ass and ripping on the other console and they probably pay them for it, but they don't release a story announcing stuff like this like Nintendo did. They don't release statements which basically read, "You can only post OUR content and you have to post it in a good light, otherwise copyright strike." Nintendo want YouTube channels who will do that for them and Nintendo will pay them, which is fine...... but it keep it to yourself. Laughing

So basically, they are watching your channels and will not allow anything negative about their stuff if you agree to suck their ass. Which is fine..... but again, keep it to yourself.

We are in an era where fanboyism is at its peak, where people STILL play COD. Why is Nintendo giving people an excuse to hate them? What goes on with their marketing and promotion team? What is going on? Laughing

It's the dumbest thing I've seen them do since they thought it would be a good idea to give out £10 AND $10 (Yes a Western marketing strategy) worth of gas money when you buy Mario Kart 8.

This is how I see this stuff. They confuse me so much. People have ceased to care about the good games they put out because of BS they constantly do...... AND announce. Laughing

I agree that their Youtube policies suck.

Yet, I don't see how that was responsible for almost 2 years of constant hate that actually preceded their Youtube fiasco.

I think its about pack mentality to be honest. It is cool to hate on something being hated, and to hype something being hyped. Regardless of the reasoning behind both acts.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 31 Mar - 13:52

For example, the PS3 got the same treatment the Wii U is getting now in its first two years, despite there being some great games.

I think things are more pronounced these days though with the rise of social media and Youtube.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 14:01

Lord Spencer wrote:I agree that their Youtube policies suck.

Yet, I don't see how that was responsible for almost 2 years of constant hate that actually preceded their Youtube fiasco.

I think its about pack mentality to be honest. It is cool to hate on something being hated, and to hype something being hyped. Regardless of the reasoning behind both acts.

It's the Fanboy thing that started off the hate.

Gamers of our age (Yes, our age Laughing) can appreciate the games that Nintendo put out, we grew up with them and even to this day, they are still great games and the news ones are good as well.

But, the fanboyism that came with the PS4 and Xbox 1 was too much.
The whole thing with the new IPs, new developing companies, console wars etc. Nintendo got lost in the shuffle and these "gamers" nowadays don't appreciate or play any other type of games that ain't gory, allows to maim, kill, shoot or produce explosions.

Nintendo has never really been about those type of games, so games like DK Tropical Freeze get overlooked and ignored and laughed at.

Shame, but that's where we are right now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 14:08

I'd argue that the people who " hate " on them didn't grow up on Nintendo and some of Sony's earlier work but COD lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 14:12

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'd argue that the people who " hate " on them didn't grow up on Nintendo and some of Sony's earlier work but COD lol.

Of course they didn't.

You try and tell these gamers that the same company who made The Last of Us made Crash Bandicoot? They'll laugh and say you lying.

They probably can't spell SNES either.
To them, gaming is not about having fun by yourself or with friends and family.... it's about competition above all.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 14:27

Agreed, the reason i keep buying Nintendo consoles is because i love platformers and local MP games. Two things which don't exist elsewhere.

Of course a good epic adventure like Zelda and Metroid doesn't go amiss either. But at the same time they are frustrating as *bleep* Laughing they have so much IP which goes under utilized and pretty much ignored, for example there was an 11 year gap between DK64 and DK Country Returns Laughing 11!

They constantly make really baffling decisions, almost to the point you think that actually don't like making money. I mean Pokemon Red was released in 1996 and yet there is still no proper home console Pokemon game.

I'm not really that interested in it anymore but i do realise it would sell like f*cking turkey in December yet they seem oblivious to this.

That just scratches the surfaces with the amount of baffling decisions they make but i do wish more companies shared their ideals as it comes to gameplay being the most important thing and only releasing games when they are good and ready and not needing 20 million patches.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 14:35

Exactly.

I will say this, I'm actually enjoying the new direction that gaming is taken this year so far. Games are being delayed if the developers don't think they are ready, gameplay is being brought back to the forefront and not being ignored at the expense of graphics and a lot of the games are actually re-playable (the main reason I've decided to pick up a PS4 next week.)

That 11 year gap is just insane. Laughing Who knows what goes on with Nintendo.....such simple ideas would have them dominating imo. Releasing that new Starfox, Metroid of course etc.

On the Pokemon thing. That would be hard to do. Laughing Creating the Pokemon game that we have dreamed of since we were kids may be impossible. Laughing

But the amount of bonehead moves they make is just insane. I don't understand how they can be so stupid at times.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 14:45

Well as long as we are ignoring Ubisoft and EA anyway lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 14:52

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well as long as we are ignoring Ubisoft and EA anyway lol.

They are in their own lane. Laughing

They'll release a game and you'd have to download 2gb worth of patches to be able to download ANOTHER patch to play the buggy game. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu 2 Apr - 9:45

Is ps4 down for you guys?

Can use Netflix but can't play online games
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 2 Apr - 9:49

Yea it's down.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu 2 Apr - 9:50

Yeah read it on ps4 forums..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 2 Apr - 9:51

When isn't PSN down Laughing

Glad i've barely been playing games lately
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 Apr - 10:14

It's hardly down for me tbh, but it is atm Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu 2 Apr - 10:16

It's up now
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 2 Apr - 10:16

Can think of like 10 FIFA sessions we've abandoned since like September due to pos PSN

Then 10 more when PSN is up and EA is broken

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next