Eman
Raptorgunner
djoe26
Sina
VendettaRed07
41 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 7 Empty Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by MJ Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:56 am

Just waiting on that Arsene Wenger autobiography. :coffee:

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 7 Empty Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Sri Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:08 am

Lends credibility to what Gunnerblog said on Arsecast about Welbeck's agent (his brother?) being family and Arsenal brining in a 3rd party agent for that reason, who was on the flight to Rome with AW.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:30 am

Did wenger just get scheudenfrictoncrude by the board?
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:46 am

No.

Full quotes here:

Wenger wrote:Danny Welbeck is an ideal signing because he can play through the middle - which I think is his best position - but also through the flanks. He works for the team, he brings pace and can score goals. He is happy and confident.

[Asked if Welbeck was craving to play through the middle] I think so. He is very versatile but, if you analyse in an objective way, he has the perfect style to play through the middle. I can make him a better player. I can help. He is a young boy, not 24 yet. Some players who arrived at 23 made huge careers here.

[On the deal itself] I thought when they bought Falcao they had to let someone go. I was not aware at the start that he'd be available. It was quick, but I had no hesitation to do it.

...in the end, when it was a permanent transfer or a loan with an option to buy, I was happy to buy permanently.

At the start of the day, he was only available on loan. At the end of the day, I agreed.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:39 pm

So Ivan signed him and Wenger had no intention of signing anyone? rofl

Wenger is a joke, so if he stayed home Ivan would not have overruled him. Shocked

Ivan even though I dont like you, Thank you.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Read the full quote before jumping to conclusions.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:46 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Read the full quote before jumping to conclusions.

I dont care what Wenger says, I know he is full of shit.

If Welbeck plays center forward Saturday then all is well, not sure if he would start but as long as he does play.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 7 BxQJVFYCIAAUDaK

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Do you guys think it would be too soon for him to start for Arsenal this weekend?

I know Wenger loves starting Sanogo in big games and Welbeck on the wings. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:01 pm

The Welbeck transfer has been the source of waaaaay too much pointless, fabricated drama and intrigue. People are just bored because club football has been on hiatus.

In a month's time, the only way people will still care, or "remember," all this made-up what-if controversy is if Welbeck isn't performing.

The dude became available as Man Utd landed Falcao. The move was made fast. That's kind of all there was to it.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Chumlum wrote:The Welbeck transfer has been the source of waaaaay too much pointless, fabricated drama and intrigue. People are just bored because club football has been on hiatus.

In a month's time, the only way people will still care, or "remember," all this made-up what-if controversy is if Welbeck isn't performing.

The dude became available as Man Utd landed Falcao. The move was made fast. That's kind of all there was to it.

At the end of the day we got very very lucky, Wenger had no intention to sign anyone and once again he was going to Gamble on Arsenal season. It was luck and luck only Falcao went to United or Wenger would have not signed anyone.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Have you actually read Wenger's comments, Raptor? Because he quite clearly had the intention to sign Welbeck the moment he became available.

The whole "if I had stayed at home Welbeck wouldn't be here" thing is simply a reference to how long the deal took. The fact that Wenger had to go somewhere on the day gave him extra time to get the deal sorted out.

I really don't see what's so difficult to understand about this, or why this has to be construed as Wenger not wanting to sign him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Its like first day in a new school but you have some friends there, still awkward. :whistle:
Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 7 BxQROSkIAAAm4so
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:No.

Full quotes here:

Wenger wrote:Danny Welbeck is an ideal signing because he can play through the middle - which I think is his best position - but also through the flanks. He works for the team, he brings pace and can score goals. He is happy and confident.

[Asked if Welbeck was craving to play through the middle] I think so. He is very versatile but, if you analyse in an objective way, he has the perfect style to play through the middle. I can make him a better player. I can help. He is a young boy, not 24 yet. Some players who arrived at 23 made huge careers here.

[On the deal itself] I thought when they bought Falcao they had to let someone go. I was not aware at the start that he'd be available. It was quick, but I had no hesitation to do it.

...in the end, when it was a permanent transfer or a loan with an option to buy, I was happy to buy permanently.

At the start of the day, he was only available on loan. At the end of the day, I agreed.

The stuff I have read on the internet about Welbeck and compare it to that. It's astonishing lol.

I don't know why people don't understand that Arsene has the final call over signings.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 pm

on what he’s learned about Welbeck that he didn’t know before…
That he’s a good finisher. I believe that, technically, he’s very sound. That was a surprise that he’s technically clean and that he’s a good passer of the ball. I didn’t know he was so quick. Honestly, I knew he was quick but he can be electric when he starts - he has great pace.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:28 pm

What do people make of Welle so far ? He is in a bit of a goal drought at the moment. has he done enough to convince us that he is the future of the club striker wise ? or are we going to keep moaning about not having that "world class striker" who scores 30 goals a season.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:04 pm

He has been very good, even with his recent "drought". His overall contribution is excellent, he has it all: runs, dribbling, shooting, creativity, defensive contribution and has showed good understanding with both Alexis & Özil. Goals will come once we start playing better.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm

He's done well, considering how poorly the team has played as of late. He's not scored recently but you can count the number of chances he's had on one hand.

Now, part of that down is that down to his selfless playing style; always being prepared to run the channels, to drop deep and to track back. Sometimes he could do with being a bit more selfish with his play. On the other hand, it's not like we've been creating a whole lot of chances for him. He had nothing against Sunderland, was unlucky not to score against Burnley, got nothing against Anderlecht and had one presentable chance he probably should have scored against Swansea.

Whether he scores 30 goals or not might not matter if Alexis continues this run of goalscoring. As long as one of the strikers is getting the goals, the other striker can get away with not scoring as much.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:26 pm

It has been a really odd year. Questions like this are hard to answer since we have looked so dreadful on both defense and on offense. Yes we posses the ball for a vast majority of every match. Unfortunately goals are still at a premium. With the possession requiring us to push more people forward than we should. With the down side of us leaking goals when we should not be.
We could ask this same question for everyone else currently getting minutes. My answer for Alexis is yes he seems to be world class. With the rest, some still seems to have potential. Most the others not so much.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANTIC Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Giroud is back in training so it will be interesting to see how this maps out.

Maybe Wenger will revert to 4-4-2
FRANTIC
FRANTIC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 pm

He has definitely added a new dimension to our attack, more pace and mobility. I don't think he will develop into the so called world class striker we are calling out for but with Theo and Sanchez in the line up i can't see us being too reliant on a striker for goals.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 pm

FRANTIC wrote:Giroud is back in training so it will be interesting to see how this maps out.

Maybe Wenger will revert to 4-4-2

It would be interesting to see Welbeck and Giroud in a formation like that, but Arsenal have got too many players who don't suit a 4-4-2: Walcott, Sanchez, Cazorla, Özil...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:07 pm

I think Welbeck has done well, and he has been very unlucky not to score more goals. It good to have a better option than Sanogo, nice to have Hold-up play back.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 pm

With pace on either side of him, Giroud should be the starter IMO because he can hold the ball up better; Giroud also scores more goals even when he's playing like crap. Welbeck has been a decent signing but he's still our second best striker for me and we still need a world class striker on top of what we've got. Welbeck is young enough that he can improve though.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Agree with Eman,
Giroud is still better than Welbeck.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm glad that Giroud is coming back so we won't have to see Sanogo anymore but Welbeck is easily better at anything but scoring headers than Giroud, an attribute which is useful late in games.

People will start to appreciate Welbeck more once Giroud comes back, I'm pretty sure... same with Özil missing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next