Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Natalie Portman on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 am

Very Happy

Some of the stuff in this thread.

Would love Welbeck to finally break this Arsenal-Utd hoodoo and lead Arsenal to a win against Utd this season. They deserve it for how badly they treated Welbeck. Absolute scum of a club when it comes to young local players.

Natalie Portman
NOT actually a woman

Posts : 5154
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Emaharg on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:35 am

Hope he can do something while Giroud is out I have no faith in Sonogo to lead the line till he is back.
avatar
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Twoism on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:15 am

The one i feel bad for is Sanogo. Got thrown right into the fire when he should not be anywhere close, things didnt work out, got mocked and memed by fans and media and now cant even go out on loan to get regular football, it's all on Wenger.

As for Danny, same thought as Lex but as gunner, gotta support for the lad and hope for some good return.

This window kinda confirm we will see another Kallstrom come winter.
avatar
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2418
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by VendettaRed07 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 am

lol. Feel bad for Sanogo? We gave him the opportunity to start against Bayern ****ing Munich in the Champions League knock out stages. Odds are he won't ever earn an opportunity like that in his footballing career.

And at the moment, he is still a very important first team player. Second choice striker. That is a ridiculously good situation for him, a formally ligue 2 player who we signed on free transfer. He is living a dream currently, getting an entire year to show what he can do and try to stay around for as long as he can

_________________
avatar
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3460
Join date : 2012-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by RedMamba on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 am

wellbeck the hero we always wanted :bow: :bow: :bow:
avatar
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Twoism on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 am

And you think he can live up to that, like I said unless he turn super sayan fans will be out burning him everytime dude has bad game. Loan deal is perfect for young player like him, not fighting for top spot in BPL.
avatar
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2418
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by RedOranje on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 am

I think Welbeck will prove to be a good signing for Arsenal. He'll add an extra threat up top, will provide a focal point for the other more creative/mobile players to play around, and his versatility will be a boon as well. The comparisons with Liverpool's forwards seem a bit misplaced and unnecessary though, to be honest.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 11146
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by RedMamba on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 am

tongue in cheek ffs
avatar
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by julias on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 am

I absolutely hate this guy's football, I have never been so against someone playing for Arsenal Sad
avatar
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 am

Honestly, I hate this "he's better than Sanogo" thing, anyone who can control a football and take a shot is better than him. Danny's much better than that.

He's instantly our best centre forward in the team and has potential to get better. He's got great movement off the ball, good dribbling, pace, can comfortably play centrally unlike most of our other forwards, great link-up play, versatile and a big game player. I've seen him perform at the CL and against top clubs in the league (incl. us) yet people act as if he's some scrub by comparing him to Sanogo :facepalm:

People often criticize his finishing, it is deserved for sure, he can use some more variety in his shooting technique, for example when he's in front of goal from the right he will almost always try to chip it in which is a difficult technique and doesn't always work BUT you have to remember that he is constantly playing different roles as a LW, RW, CF and SS which means his confidence is very low and if you're not confident in front of goal you won't score. I mean we Arsenal fans should know about that most since we had Ramsey in the same sitiation and look at him now. Wenger will hopefully play him centrally as the lone striker or with Alexis and he'll thrive.

Welcome Danny!
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14150
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by free_cat on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

What the *bleep*! Wenger is crazy, paying 20 milions for Logbeck! :'D

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by julias on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:11 am

120k euros a week :facepalm:

_________________
avatar
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am

For the record, I've always rated Welbeck. Sure, I've had a laugh at some of his more interesting plays and his questionable finishing, but I've always thought there was a good player in there.

What he doesn't have is the confidence in front of goal. Because he's a well-rounded player he got used as an SS and winger more doing defensive dirty work, and he was in-and-out the United side. That's not how you build a young striker's confidence in front of goal.

With any luck, with us he'll play centre forward and only centre forward. He'll be given the chances during the match to score. If he can bag himself 15-20 goals then that'd be hugely promising, baring in mind he's still quite young at 23.

avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15146
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by MJ on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

How can you not love him?

https://vine.co/v/OB957UnzvqK

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8053
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by RED on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm

@Natalie Portman wrote:Very Happy

Some of the stuff in this thread.

Would love Welbeck to finally break this Arsenal-Utd hoodoo and lead Arsenal to a win against Utd this season. They deserve it for how badly they treated Welbeck. Absolute scum of a club when it comes to young local players.


Yeah, yeah please do elaborate on how we're "scum" when it comes to young local players? And on top that, tell me how your beacon of a light club treats their "local" young talent in comparison. Since you don't splash out on players but instead bring up world class talent from Merseyside and give them all a chance. Go on, enlighten me. *bet you say Carra and Gerrard*

The truth is, Welbeck has been at the club since 11, played every season at the club since his break through and won countless trophies, and as far as I know, was treated well by the club. At the end, just wasn't good enough to be a starter for United. We wanted to keep him and opted to only loan him to Arsenal but Welbeck refused and wanted it to be a permanent move.

It was all about playing time, not how we treat young local players.



_________________
ADORED
avatar
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10234
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 pm

If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Call me crazy, but I think he will be one of the top scorers if Wenger starts him at CF.

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17938
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm

@Raptorgunner wrote:If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Call me crazy, but I think he will be one of the top scorers if Wenger starts him at CF.


Easy there, Rap. Man, you oscillate in such extremes! Laughing

I'd call a 15 goal season a good one. And still an improvement on his earlier returns.
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13523
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by MJ on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:18 pm

With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.


_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8053
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:25 pm

srigooner wrote:
@Raptorgunner wrote:If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Call me crazy, but I think he will be one of the top scorers if Wenger starts him at CF.


Easy there, Rap. Man, you oscillate in such extremes! Laughing

I'd call a 15 goal season a good one. And still  an improvement on his earlier returns.


For Arsenal I ment, not the league. Cool

If he can score 15 goals in EPL, will probably put him in top 10 in the league.


Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17938
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:26 pm

@MJ wrote:With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.



I know, that's why it is a good ambitious target for him Wink
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13523
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 pm

srigooner wrote:
@MJ wrote:With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.



I know, that's why it is a good ambitious target for him Wink


I hope he does come back stronger but knowing our injury luck, we would be lucky to have Giroud back for the end of the season.

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17938
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Lex on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Been thinking about this transfer all night and day and despite him not being at all what I envisioned, at LEAST he's a striker and not a complete newb ala Sanogo. So it's not as bad as I initially thought

_________________


@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.


JustGiving - Sponsor me now!
avatar
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

@Lex wrote:Been thinking about this transfer all night and day and despite him not being at all what I envisioned, at LEAST he's a striker and not a complete newb ala Sanogo. So it's not as bad as I initially thought


there you go cheers

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by 6unner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I actually do not think that there is an issue worrying about when Giroud comes back. By then Welbeck should have already locked the #1 striker position up as his own.

The question I have is, Is Welbeck the striker that is needed to push us to the next level. Hope I am wrong, just do not think so.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1333
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Sina on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwi2sE9CYAAExQt.jpg

Danny Welbeck transfer evidence of English policy at Arsenal and galactico policy at Manchester United

_________________


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
avatar
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 7792
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by RealGunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:Honestly, I hate this "he's better than Sanogo" thing, anyone who can control a football and take a shot is better than him. Danny's much better than that.

He's instantly our best centre forward in the team and has potential to get better. He's got great movement off the ball, good dribbling, pace, can comfortably play centrally unlike most of our other forwards, great link-up play, versatile and a big game player. I've seen him perform at the CL and against top clubs in the league (incl. us) yet people act as if he's some scrub by comparing him to Sanogo :facepalm:

People often criticize his finishing, it is deserved for sure, he can use some more variety in his shooting technique, for example when he's in front of goal from the right he will almost always try to chip it in which is a difficult technique and doesn't always work BUT you have to remember that he is constantly playing different roles as a LW, RW, CF and SS which means his confidence is very low and if you're not confident in front of goal you won't score. I mean we Arsenal fans should know about that most since we had Ramsey in the same sitiation and look at him now. Wenger will hopefully play him centrally as the lone striker or with Alexis and he'll thrive.

Welcome Danny!


+1 well said.

He is much much more than "someone better than Sanogo". He is being brought in as a future star who will start week in week out. He will bench Giroud eventually when Arsene is done nurturing him.

GoonerJay29 wrote:For the record, I've always rated Welbeck. Sure, I've had a laugh at some of his more interesting plays and his questionable finishing, but I've always thought there was a good player in there.

What he doesn't have is the confidence in front of goal. Because he's a well-rounded player he got used as an SS and winger more doing defensive dirty work, and he was in-and-out the United side. That's not how you build a young striker's confidence in front of goal.

With any luck, with us he'll play centre forward and only centre forward. He'll be given the chances during the match to score. If he can bag himself 15-20 goals then that'd be hugely promising, baring in mind he's still quite young at 23.



If Jay rates him, then you all should too :coffee:

Welbeck will become an Arsenal all time scorer one day. Bookmark this.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72647
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum