Eman
Raptorgunner
djoe26
Sina
VendettaRed07
41 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 am

Very Happy

Some of the stuff in this thread.

Would love Welbeck to finally break this Arsenal-Utd hoodoo and lead Arsenal to a win against Utd this season. They deserve it for how badly they treated Welbeck. Absolute scum of a club when it comes to young local players.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Welbeck - Gunner Galactico

Post by Emaharg Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:35 am

Hope he can do something while Giroud is out I have no faith in Sonogo to lead the line till he is back.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:15 am

The one i feel bad for is Sanogo. Got thrown right into the fire when he should not be anywhere close, things didnt work out, got mocked and memed by fans and media and now cant even go out on loan to get regular football, it's all on Wenger.

As for Danny, same thought as Lex but as gunner, gotta support for the lad and hope for some good return.

This window kinda confirm we will see another Kallstrom come winter.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 am

lol. Feel bad for Sanogo? We gave him the opportunity to start against Bayern ****ing Munich in the Champions League knock out stages. Odds are he won't ever earn an opportunity like that in his footballing career.

And at the moment, he is still a very important first team player. Second choice striker. That is a ridiculously good situation for him, a formally ligue 2 player who we signed on free transfer. He is living a dream currently, getting an entire year to show what he can do and try to stay around for as long as he can
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 am

wellbeck the hero we always wanted :bow: :bow: :bow:
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 am

And you think he can live up to that, like I said unless he turn super sayan fans will be out burning him everytime dude has bad game. Loan deal is perfect for young player like him, not fighting for top spot in BPL.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 am

I think Welbeck will prove to be a good signing for Arsenal. He'll add an extra threat up top, will provide a focal point for the other more creative/mobile players to play around, and his versatility will be a boon as well. The comparisons with Liverpool's forwards seem a bit misplaced and unnecessary though, to be honest.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 am

tongue in cheek ffs
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 am

I absolutely hate this guy's football, I have never been so against someone playing for Arsenal Sad
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 am

Honestly, I hate this "he's better than Sanogo" thing, anyone who can control a football and take a shot is better than him. Danny's much better than that.

He's instantly our best centre forward in the team and has potential to get better. He's got great movement off the ball, good dribbling, pace, can comfortably play centrally unlike most of our other forwards, great link-up play, versatile and a big game player. I've seen him perform at the CL and against top clubs in the league (incl. us) yet people act as if he's some scrub by comparing him to Sanogo :facepalm:

People often criticize his finishing, it is deserved for sure, he can use some more variety in his shooting technique, for example when he's in front of goal from the right he will almost always try to chip it in which is a difficult technique and doesn't always work BUT you have to remember that he is constantly playing different roles as a LW, RW, CF and SS which means his confidence is very low and if you're not confident in front of goal you won't score. I mean we Arsenal fans should know about that most since we had Ramsey in the same sitiation and look at him now. Wenger will hopefully play him centrally as the lone striker or with Alexis and he'll thrive.

Welcome Danny!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

What the *bleep*! Wenger is crazy, paying 20 milions for Logbeck! :'D
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:11 am

120k euros a week :facepalm:
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am

For the record, I've always rated Welbeck. Sure, I've had a laugh at some of his more interesting plays and his questionable finishing, but I've always thought there was a good player in there.

What he doesn't have is the confidence in front of goal. Because he's a well-rounded player he got used as an SS and winger more doing defensive dirty work, and he was in-and-out the United side. That's not how you build a young striker's confidence in front of goal.

With any luck, with us he'll play centre forward and only centre forward. He'll be given the chances during the match to score. If he can bag himself 15-20 goals then that'd be hugely promising, baring in mind he's still quite young at 23.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

How can you not love him?

https://vine.co/v/OB957UnzvqK
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Very Happy

Some of the stuff in this thread.

Would love Welbeck to finally break this Arsenal-Utd hoodoo and lead Arsenal to a win against Utd this season. They deserve it for how badly they treated Welbeck. Absolute scum of a club when it comes to young local players.

Yeah, yeah please do elaborate on how we're "scum" when it comes to young local players? And on top that, tell me how your beacon of a light club treats their "local" young talent in comparison. Since you don't splash out on players but instead bring up world class talent from Merseyside and give them all a chance. Go on, enlighten me. *bet you say Carra and Gerrard*

The truth is, Welbeck has been at the club since 11, played every season at the club since his break through and won countless trophies, and as far as I know, was treated well by the club. At the end, just wasn't good enough to be a starter for United. We wanted to keep him and opted to only loan him to Arsenal but Welbeck refused and wanted it to be a permanent move.

It was all about playing time, not how we treat young local players.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 pm

If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Call me crazy, but I think he will be one of the top scorers if Wenger starts him at CF.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Call me crazy, but I think he will be one of the top scorers if Wenger starts him at CF.

Easy there, Rap. Man, you oscillate in such extremes! Laughing

I'd call a 15 goal season a good one. And still an improvement on his earlier returns.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:18 pm

With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:25 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:If we made a scrub like Sanogo look good, imagine what Welbeck with the Arsenal midfield can do? Shocked

Easy there, Rap. Man, you oscillate in such extremes! Laughing

I'd call a 15 goal season a good one. And still  an improvement on his earlier returns.

For Arsenal I ment, not the league. Cool

If he can score 15 goals in EPL, will probably put him in top 10 in the league.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:26 pm

MJ wrote:With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.

I know, that's why it is a good ambitious target for him Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 pm

srigooner wrote:
MJ wrote:With Giroud coming back halfway through I don't think he'd get enough game time to hit that lofty mark lol.

I know, that's why it is a good ambitious target for him Wink

I hope he does come back stronger but knowing our injury luck, we would be lucky to have Giroud back for the end of the season.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Been thinking about this transfer all night and day and despite him not being at all what I envisioned, at LEAST he's a striker and not a complete newb ala Sanogo. So it's not as bad as I initially thought
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Lex wrote:Been thinking about this transfer all night and day and despite him not being at all what I envisioned, at LEAST he's a striker and not a complete newb ala Sanogo. So it's not as bad as I initially thought

there you go cheers
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I actually do not think that there is an issue worrying about when Giroud comes back. By then Welbeck should have already locked the #1 striker position up as his own.

The question I have is, Is Welbeck the striker that is needed to push us to the next level. Hope I am wrong, just do not think so.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwi2sE9CYAAExQt.jpg

Danny Welbeck transfer evidence of English policy at Arsenal and galactico policy at Manchester United
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Honestly, I hate this "he's better than Sanogo" thing, anyone who can control a football and take a shot is better than him. Danny's much better than that.

He's instantly our best centre forward in the team and has potential to get better. He's got great movement off the ball, good dribbling, pace, can comfortably play centrally unlike most of our other forwards, great link-up play, versatile and a big game player. I've seen him perform at the CL and against top clubs in the league (incl. us) yet people act as if he's some scrub by comparing him to Sanogo :facepalm:

People often criticize his finishing, it is deserved for sure, he can use some more variety in his shooting technique, for example when he's in front of goal from the right he will almost always try to chip it in which is a difficult technique and doesn't always work BUT you have to remember that he is constantly playing different roles as a LW, RW, CF and SS which means his confidence is very low and if you're not confident in front of goal you won't score. I mean we Arsenal fans should know about that most since we had Ramsey in the same sitiation and look at him now. Wenger will hopefully play him centrally as the lone striker or with Alexis and he'll thrive.

Welcome Danny!

+1 well said.

He is much much more than "someone better than Sanogo". He is being brought in as a future star who will start week in week out. He will bench Giroud eventually when Arsene is done nurturing him.

GoonerJay29 wrote:For the record, I've always rated Welbeck. Sure, I've had a laugh at some of his more interesting plays and his questionable finishing, but I've always thought there was a good player in there.

What he doesn't have is the confidence in front of goal. Because he's a well-rounded player he got used as an SS and winger more doing defensive dirty work, and he was in-and-out the United side. That's not how you build a young striker's confidence in front of goal.

With any luck, with us he'll play centre forward and only centre forward. He'll be given the chances during the match to score. If he can bag himself 15-20 goals then that'd be hugely promising, baring in mind he's still quite young at 23.

If Jay rates him, then you all should too :coffee:

Welbeck will become an Arsenal all time scorer one day. Bookmark this.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next