M99
Kaladin
Forza
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Parma v MILAN - Page 2 Empty Re: Parma v MILAN

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:02 am

ACMRox wrote:Don't see how anyone can blame De Sciglio for that last goal...

It's a back pass that just about anyone in the world could control, not his fault Diego Lopez decided to pick that precise moment to pull his hamstring. Honestly it's just comical, embarrassing yes, but comical.

Defending is gonna need to improve massively though or Juve will rip us apart.

sorry i was just pissed off infront of tv

but man this was one fugly game by all of our defenders..... 3 goals from set pieces 1 from appaling error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 am

Dante wrote:interesting point there Jesp. Not sure what to say , perhaps you are right , even though i certainly didn't think about anything like that during the game. All i could think of was how bad our defending came to be in the 2nd half.

I don't really want to say much , because such games are a rare exception. The game was wide open in terms of everything and after the 1-3 half time , everything got much simpler for Parma . All in or nothing and they almost succeeded. My hat off to them , they gave it their all. We certainly must work on our transitions and defending however, this will not do and i am sure they know that.Anyway , i want to praise this attack .

Sure Parma had as much issues as we did at the back , but 5 goals away? Menez motm for me , just amazing tonight. Our attack looks promising , very promising.

It's been a long time i've seen such a wide open and agonizing Serie A game. Crazy

yep no question about it .. menez was a menace in parma defense. i would have loved to see torres in this game... he would have hattrick im sure!!

but defending omg.... if u guys have read the pre game interview where tassotti said, " we preferred bonera because it suits this type of game... tassotti must be smokin some good s..t

clearly today lack of judgement, careless, stupid, lack of leadership by bonera cost this game.. imagine if we hadnt score those goals.... papers and media would have slaughtered milan!!!

it was absolutely shambolic defensive game... bonera cant play this game.

in retrospect of what happened in transfer between bibiany and zaccardo i felt like i should thank zaccardo for not making bibiany feature this game lol he would have slaughtered us tonight with his pace

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 am

Most entertaining Milan match I've seen since Lecce-Milan 4-4 ala Boateng.

This was one of the worst displays of defence in Calcio history yet what a way to go, as at least we got the result, though by conceding a gargantuan amount of unnecessary goals.

I cannot even bother analyzing our goals conceded considering it was more of the same:

-Our defence decides to go into cryogenic freeze mode when the ball is in the air.
-Our marking needs a considerable amount of work.
-Danielle *bleep* Bonera has once again proven that he is the worst Italian centre back to have ever stepped foot on a football pitch.
-The own goal was Diego Lopez' fault and nothing to do with De Sciglio, as pulling a muscle while attempting to recover your position just added to the comedy. Embarrassing. I bet my account that Lopez is not injured as we all know the old trick in the book to fake an injury to cover your embarrassment. Olivier Giroud a master of that.

-Our first goal did not surprise me as such is Allegri's dynamism. Always liked Allegri for the fact that aside from his versatility and flair, that he can score goals from any angle with both feet as that left-footed cut into the right side of the net was a fantastic finish.
-2nd goal confirmed from ES and I that Honda is indeed an underrated player in the air. 2 goals in 2 games from Keisuke now.
-3rd goal has had me decide that Menez should indeed be our mainstay penalty kick taker as I absolutely love the confidence and conviction he shows in blasting it past the goalkeeper as if he's experienced within the chance for years.
-4th goal was mind-blowing. de Jong from the half-way line tackles (and recovers his position) from Cassano (who blames someone else Laughing ) and from all the way rushes it forward with the opposition CB on his heels, and slots it past Mirante via a curved finish that starts outside yet makes its way inside to the net. Given the proximity between Mirante, de Jong and the CB in the final moments before the finish I did NOT expect him to score given he hasn't done such a thing before yet when it made its way inside I was stunned and not just from the goal I witnessed. Brilliant goal that I won't ever forget. de Jong was outstanding tonight.
-If the previous goal was a goal of industry, Menez' goal was pure genius. The Frenchman anticipated the side-pass on the flank by Parma, intercepted, rounded off the keeper near the post with an exquisite display of control, yet what sweetened the goal was the world-class piece of technique to back heel it into the net (WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING BACK) followed by his march towards Pippo. One of the best goals I have ever seen from the Milan player. 3 goals in 2 games from Jeremy. Proves my calls that Menez if coached properly will turn out to be a brilliant player given his obvious talent.

Overall while exciting I am not happy with our performance and mostly in defence given the hilarity of how we conceded our goals; we have MUCH to work on in defence. My largest criticism of Pippo so far has been his player selection in having Bonera for our best CB in Wallmi and playing Sulley Ali Muntari, period. Cascia noted that Alex-Rami profiles are too similar yet why bench our best CB even for Alex? Is it because he is new? Rami is younger AND better.

In attack its encouraging to see we did this by playing Allegri and Honda BOTH out of position while Menez continues to accustom himself in the (very) liberal False 9 role Pippo has set out for him. Of course accompanied with the fact that Fernando Torres (who I predict will lead our line well) and our best player in El Shaarawy did not even play today. That was underwhelming as here were two of the players I was most exciting to see play yet it was made up for the exhilaration of the game itself.

Criticize our defence all you want yet there is no doubt on how exciting Milan are under Pippo, as a clear identity has been formed that is not just accompanied with the already signature dressing room spirit in which causes all our players EVERY SINGLE TIME to run and hug Pippo (a facet that I LOVE). The fact that we showed no fear in a stadio that we've previously have had heart palpitations in is a positive sign along with our willingness to attack and before the opposition concedes on us. From a pure micro-tactical view we have much to work on yet its clear Pippo is blessed with that side of the game given the variables he has shown and the talent to reinforce it.

2 wins in 2 games and a fantastic start to the Serie A. Milan-Juventus next in the San Siro will be a fantastic match and a peculiar return from Max Allegri for Juventus, and Allegri's debut vs Juventus.

Menez receiving his call from Berlusconi himself post-match was a testament to his performance. Knowing Silvio he told him:"Jeremy, we need you to score more goals like that."

Parma v MILAN - Page 2 BxhYiduIMAAQFPx

Love Pippo so much Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:48 am

Great review Arq, i agree with most of your points.

Don't know where you found the strength to type after such a mentally exhausting match lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 am

I agree with most your points Arq with the exception of Muntari.

Frankly, he is solid for the team, especially when our defense sucks as much as it does.

On the subject of Bonera, the man have been a constant letdown for Milan fans for the entirety of his existence. It is baffling that such a terrible player continuously gets game-time.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 am

Menez was amazing.

Torres pls stay injured
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 am

Ridiculous game. So glad that we came out of that with 3 points.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 am

Bonera is definitely starting because of seniority because I can't think of any other reason to start him. I think Rami - Alex is probably our best CB partnership, but it's hard to know because Inzaghi is still not sure on who he wants there. Consistency is needed.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am

Did MVG play?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:21 am

No
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

give bonera's cut to de jong for contract extention

we have been saying this over and over again how some of our players have been overpaid... well here is a trooper who deserves to be overpaid and i think de jong is underpaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Kick wrote:Did MVG play?
think inzaghi just took precaution because its first game he was just playing full 90 mins in both U-21 games.

but i would like to see him play some mins against juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:21 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Kick wrote:Did MVG play?
think inzaghi just took precaution because its first game he was just playing full 90 mins in both U-21 games.

but i would like to see him play some mins against juventus

There's no way MVG is going to get any minutes in our midfield v Juve. Maybe a few towards the end of the game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

I cannot agree with you on Muntari, Spence and probably never will given my vendetta with this clown goes beyond football and into general principles.

As for Rami, this better not be a trend as I suppose Pippo would like to train Wallmi in certain aspects he does not see.....to which apparently he see's in...Bonera.

de Jong? Talks are being held of his contracts and like most seniors who are highly respected in big clubs, they'll be taken slowly and amicably, both parties being happy.

Also forgot to mention that Abate has been sensational in the past two games as not only defensively, but has anyone even mentioned that he now has TWO assists ranging both from excellent crosses to Honda and Muntari? He hasn't crossed this well since Beckham came and left.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I think mentioned Abate's 2 successful crosses somewhere. I think he works really well with Honda.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Yeah, Abate has been top notch this season so far. Very happy for him, considering he had some turbulent times in the past 2 seasons.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 pm

He did give away a pen in the 1st game though.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Though we didn't concede from it hmm

Abate gave away a pen to give Lopez a chance to show his skills
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I agree with most your points Arq with the exception of Muntari.

Frankly, he is solid for the team, especially when our defense sucks as much as it does.

On the subject of Bonera, the man have been a constant letdown for Milan fans for the entirety of his existence. It is baffling that such a terrible player continuously gets game-time.

It's good to see someone else acknowledge his value to the team. He is severely lacking in technique and his temper is extremely annoying and dangerous even for the team at times , but no one can question what he brings in the defensive department and how important that is.

And he always gives 100% . I can see how much he may restrict our play sometimes , more often than not actually , but as long as this defence exists in this form , weak , Muntari is needed. And going by last season and these 2 last games , Muntari has even helped us with the goals , which is way more than i could ever ask from a player like Muntari.

I actually think he is having his best years with Milan tbh. Laughable technique and whatnot , he is a ferocious player and has his use . It's been a while now since last season when he won me over.

Good thug Muntari giving it all for the team . Can't complain . I mostly expect good games from him nowdays . He was also one of our best players last season and barely got any praise for it . 2 games in the season and he already seems better than last season , even though that has mostly to do with the team actually being better. Still , Sulleyman is fearless and passionate for Milan , a player who we really need , despite his limits.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Parma v MILAN - Page 2 10635961_784382134937895_6671598914388745533_n

Proud
Dante
Dante