Collblanc
Valkyrja
SuperMAG
halamadrid2
shadexticos
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves Empty what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves

Post by shadexticos 15/9/2014, 10:36

You madridistas have to forgive me for the knee jerk reactions.
Am probably the most pained madridista from the Di maria sale.

There has been a lot of rumours going around that ronaldo could leave madrid by next season.
The destination is not of importance, the important thing is that he could no longer be our player.
It was reported that Ronaldo asked the president not to sell di maria but his plea fell on deaf ears.
There is a lot of reason to believe this since Di maria confessed that he stayed in madrid for one more season at Ronaldo's request.

Word has it that they are both very good friends off the pitch and Ronaldo is aware of his importance on the field. Di maria gives ronaldo the opportunity to cut in-field by taking up the position of a left-winger,
He frees Ronaldo of his defensive duty by covering the left side and he also adds the creative spark to the midfield and supplies som assists to Ronaldo. All these makes Ronaldo look way better than he Is or rather, brings out the best in Ronaldo.

Now that Di maria has gone, creativity and balance followed him and Alonso out of the door, the president showed bad personnel management skills, went against the request of the Coach, fans and ronaldo and there is a lot of reason to believe we would flop this season -
Counting from the supercup, we have played 5 games and won only once.
There is a lot of reason to believe an Era has ended and things would only get worse.

We all know how Ronaldo is after personal achievements, which is not exactly a bad thing because it helps us in the long-run.
If the conditions are not right for him to achieve his personal goals, its likely he would want to leave the club.

If Ronaldo goes, it would mean we lost our two main game changers; arguably the two best wingers in the world.
What we would be left with is a one-dimensional bale, a sangfroid lackadaisical Benzema, a raw jese, a slightly-above-average James, a finished Casillas and a kroos who doesn't have the grit and maturity to give balance to the team like Alonso.

How long do you think it would take us to build another CL and La liga winning team?
My guess: another 5 years. Maybe we get Hazard and by then, Jese and james would have developed, and hopefully, their best would be good enough.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves Empty Re: what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves

Post by halamadrid2 15/9/2014, 10:59

I sense that he will leave too but if Jese develops like he has he will have no problems taking over that LW role. The attack is the least of our worries, we need to sort out our midfield because if we fail to do that it wouldn't matter who we have in attack, we will always look poor
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves Empty Re: what would happen to us if Ronaldo leaves

Post by SuperMAG 15/9/2014, 13:50

if ronaldo leaves next season, then reus is definitely coming.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja 15/9/2014, 14:18

Jese has this in his pocket
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc 15/9/2014, 15:16

Cant believe I'm posting this but Ronaldo had a amazing wordclass first half against Atletico - for the first time in ages the guy wasnt playing for himself. He was tracking back, doing his best creative wise, distributing passes and trying to force something. He knows 1000% that Di Maria (and Alonso) are needed and is willing (for how long?) to work his ass off. Its been a long time since I saw that Ronaldo. Kudos.

That being said - can he keep this up for a season? I think he'll leave.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos 15/9/2014, 15:21

Let's pray jese makes a full recovery
But the pyschological impedement is also a factor - he wouldn't have the confidence to play his direct,go-getting, aggressive football for the fear of sustaining another injury.
But on the flipside, this is his second knee surgery and with the way he was playing before he got injured, no one would have guessed he had had a knee surgery before.
I guess the boy has a strong mentality which is what would determine his ability to take Ronaldo's position.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos 15/9/2014, 15:23

Hiding behind the defeat is the positives.
If we play the way we played in the first half for 90minutes, no team stands a chance against us.
Ronaldo was indeed a beast in the first half.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja 15/9/2014, 15:49

94 RWM Ronaldo Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James 15/9/2014, 16:09

We would play more like a team :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman 15/9/2014, 16:20

He would leave a major gap to fill. Madrid's current play is lacking form; it's dry, it's boring, always has been, but now it has been reduced of its efficacy. The team was build around Ronaldo who used to deliver by scoring 100s of goals.

See, on a surface level and to most fans, Ronaldo is still a madrid player but if you think about it on a deeper level; his efficacy has been reduced drastically by the arrival of James and Bale and departure of Ozil and Di Maria but mainly by the arrival of the formers.

I am not going to lie to you; if Ronaldo leaves, Real Madrid would still be a contender for a top 3 la liga position but the difference between Barca and Madrid would significantly increase to the advantage of Barcelona. Let's not talk about the CL now so as not to waste everyone's time.

If Ronaldo leaves now, there's nothing for Madrid to fall on but the Real Question if you ask me would be, has Ronaldo already left Madrid?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx 15/9/2014, 17:43

Nothing. We don't need Ronaldo to win games. We would end up signing Reus or someone and our play would be more balanced.

However having Ronaldo does give us a bigger goal threat since he's an elite goalscorer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans 15/9/2014, 17:59

what happened, is he sad again? Sad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill 15/9/2014, 20:25

lol ronaldo's not leaving....dude signed a multi year contract last year, its not like he has a year left, the ball's no longer in his court. its in florentino's court to sell him, and if florentino wants to sell, teams better cough up more than 100 mill.....almost double 100 mill i think. the power was in his and jorge mendes' hand when his contract was winding down last year...he can't play the "i'm sad" card anymore, trust me....if he leaves it will only be if his form depreciates or if florentino finds a new toy, capable of reaching the heights of cron....so not like a james type deal where we signed him based on 5 world cup games and potential; the replacement would have to be the next big thing.....so stop getting ure panties in a bunch, its just hungry journalists trying to sell papers or get blog views
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans 15/9/2014, 20:33

anyway, in the unlikely case Real do "end up signing Reus" we all know he will return to Dortmund after two dissapointing and wasted years Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill 15/9/2014, 20:46

lol @ hapless_hans....true dortmund seem to have system players. under klopp, they have a set system that really shows their talent, but outside the comfort of klopps' mentorship and system, they fail....some clubs are like that, but unlike dortmund, they have better finances and their players are wise enough to know the grass isn't always greener on the other side, thus don't risk getting exposed
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power 15/9/2014, 21:01

@titosantill
Well, at least the Dortmund players mostly work nicely in the German NT, so everything is fine. And moreover, maybe now they start to think twice about leaving the black-and yellow nest Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick 16/9/2014, 02:38

Surely you'd either play Jese and rely on Bale more, or buy another top winger and rely on Bale more?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory 16/9/2014, 07:40

titosantill wrote:lol ronaldo's not leaving...dude signed a multi year contract last year, its not like he has a year left, the ball's no longer in his court. its in florentino's court to sell him, and if florentino wants to sell, teams better cough up more than 100 mill.....almost double 100 mill i think. the power was in his and jorge mendes' hand when his contract was winding down last year...he can't play the "i'm sad" card anymore, trust me....if he leaves it will only be if his form depreciates or if florentino finds a new toy, capable of reaching the heights of cron....so not like a james type deal where we signed him based on 5 world cup games and potential; the replacement would have to be the next big thing.....so stop getting ure panties in a bunch, its just hungry journalists trying to sell papers or get blog views

actually it is. you wont be able to keep hold of ronaldo if he is unsettled at the club. Signing a 5 year deal is not as important as the player himself's will to remain. It will affect the entire team and especially in this case even more as cr7 is your torchbearer sort of guy. If he wants to leave there wont be any problem whatsoever for that I reckon. Also the fact that we, Manchester United right now will be able to meet his wage demands further helps the case.

and 100 m for a 30 year old. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory 16/9/2014, 08:00

however as far as answering the original question is concerned, ronaldo leaving wont affect you as much. Sure it will have an impact, but as long as Real madrid remain richie rich and continue throwing bucketloads of money at players who show potential, there wont be any problem finding a suitable replacement.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill 16/9/2014, 08:04

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
titosantill wrote:lol ronaldo's not leaving...dude signed a multi year contract last year, its not like he has a year left, the ball's no longer in his court. its in florentino's court to sell him, and if florentino wants to sell, teams better cough up more than 100 mill.....almost double 100 mill i think. the power was in his and jorge mendes' hand when his contract was winding down last year...he can't play the "i'm sad" card anymore, trust me....if he leaves it will only be if his form depreciates or if florentino finds a new toy, capable of reaching the heights of cron....so not like a james type deal where we signed him based on 5 world cup games and potential; the replacement would have to be the next big thing.....so stop getting ure panties in a bunch, its just hungry journalists trying to sell papers or get blog views

actually it is. you wont be able to keep hold of ronaldo if he is unsettled at the club. Signing a 5 year deal is not as important as the player himself's will to remain. It will affect the entire team and especially in this case even more as cr7 is your torchbearer sort of guy. If he wants to leave there wont be any problem whatsoever for that I reckon. Also the fact that we, Manchester United right now will be able to meet his wage demands further helps the case.

and 100 m for a 30 year old. Laughing

the price of the player is something the buyer takes into account. no club says "our player is 30 years old, so we should offer him for less", especially when that player has 3/4 years on his contract..."100 million for a 30 year old"? is a question the buyers should be asking themselves, not the seller....the seller puts whatever price he feels the player is worth....u think monaco said "80 million for james after only 5 world cup games"? or spurs said "100 million for bale, when he's not as good as cristiano"? they didn't, u put a price tag down and leave the thinking to the buyer

as far as your other comments, cristiano is a professional, he's got four years left on his deal, BUT, the ball is no longer in his court...no top footballer says "i want to leave, if they don't let me leave i'll play garbage and unsettle everyone", that's not how football works

even worse is, its not a scenario where he's at a small club and wants to move to a bigger franchise; a small club will usually sell because they'll have more than enough to buy cover....this whole thing just reeks of jorge mendes trying to get some attention.....cron was closer when he had a year left, the moment he extended his contract i've had no worries

we are talking about real madrid and florentino perez here, not arsenal, not dortmund, not spurs.....any player who leaves madrid, especially under florentino's reign, its cos florentino didn't want to keep them or didn't fight to keep them....united needs to stop dreaming about cristiano, its been like what, 5, 6 years already? get over it...

i remember when some fans even went to the extent of attempting to donate money to "bring ronaldo home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbSPIOG3yc

it was really pathetic...i hope the clowns that started that didn't scam anyone, after united officially denounced this, something tells me some folks must have run away with a few thousand quid before t'was shut down
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos 16/9/2014, 13:18

@Lumiere
Its not just 100 million for a 30yr old, its 100 million for Ronaldo
Current Balon D'or winner, 2 time Balon D'or winner, most complete player in the world, record holder for the highest goals in a CL season, soon-to-be all time CL goal scorer, can't even continue.
And this is a player whose motivation is above the roof and would still be at a high level for the next 5 years.
A player whose shirt sales would recover the capital outlay in just one season.
100 million is a bargain

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory 16/9/2014, 13:24

agreed that having 4 years still left in the contract is going to have a big bearing. Therefore the price will be substantially high. true. But Even then, no club will be wiling to break the transfer record to secure him now. if the seller in this case is stupid enough to put 100m for the player then okay you may succeed but is it actually worth ? In an ideal scenario we can assume both parties to be logical, so if the selling club's intention is to actually sell and not to pizz off suitors it will be worked out logically, quoting price only comes afterwards.

titosantill wrote:

we are talking about real madrid and florentino perez here, not arsenal, not dortmund, not spurs.....any player who leaves madrid, especially under florentino's reign, its cos florentino didn't want to keep them or didn't fight to keep them...

yea and this is exactly what I meant. It can pretty much work the opposite way as well. Just because you are Real and not the clubs you have mentioned you will look more to cash in if such a scenario arrives. Your huge reputation and financial might meaning Flo Perez and co. wont be too interested in succumbing to one player's demands and paying such colossal salary for 4 years and in turn have an unhappy player in the dressing room. If you sell ronaldo you can buy another ronaldo-esque player from wherever you want. I doubt they will allow ronaldo to be bigger than Real (if he isnt already that is ) by not allowing him to go underlining the fact that you are too much dependent on the player. I think you will try to recoup half of the money (rough estimation, could be more) you bought the player for and look to invest that somewhere else .

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory 16/9/2014, 13:34

shadexticos wrote:@Lumiere
Its not just 100 million for a 30yr old, its 100 million for Ronaldo
Current Balon D'or winner, 2 time Balon D'or winner, most complete player in the world, record holder for the highest goals in a CL season, soon-to-be all time CL goal scorer, can't even continue.
And this is a player whose motivation is above the roof and would still be at a high level for the next 5 years.
A player whose shirt sales would recover the capital outlay in just one season.
100 million is a bargain

no it aint bro. If you quote 100 m nobody will buy him. you can do that if you are desperate to keep hold of him though.
60 m max and that btw is simply because as you mentioned he is THE CR7 and not some random 30 year old.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 16/9/2014, 13:53

The ball is in Ronaldo's court actually. Just like the club didnt stop Alonso when he asked to leave they wont stop Ronaldo either, no fan will have anything against him if he blamed his departure on our transfer policy, every Real Madrid fan knows we have a fcked up transfer policy. But he will want to cement his place in our history books by beating Raul's record of goals scored, however with the way things are going this season he won't score as many goals as he did in previous seasons because he has noone to thread balls to him like he had with Ozil/ADM. I suspect Alonso also left because of our transfers tbh

No problem as long as Jese gets back with a bang anyways. Hopefully in the future we can field mostly a cantera line up instead of relying on a bunch of mercenaries more concerned about their bank balance than giving their all for the club
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos 16/9/2014, 14:52

@lumiere
Seems like u don't understand what having ronaldo in a team signifies.
You are not just buying 1 goal per game, you are buying a brand and a money making machine.
100million is a bargain

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next