Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli?

+11
Art Morte
Peccadillo
Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Donuts
LeSwagg James
julias
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Kick
McAgger
15 posters

Go down

Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli? Empty Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli?

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 am

Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli? CraftyUnfortunateHammerheadbird

That was one of the 3 or 4 incidents where skinhead Senderos kicked out at Balotelli away from the ball and the referees didn't see the incident or call a foul. Not only unprofessional but also disgusting to see such lowly tactics used by a professional football club, I think we can all agree on that.

But should the FA take action against this or let Senderos keep doing this against whomever he likes in any match?

I bet you Lambert and Roy Keane will tell him to target Costa next because he can be provoked.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli? Empty Re: Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli?

Post by Kick Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:48 am

Yes.

Couple match ban (maybe 3 since it should be a straight red) and a fine.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli? Empty Re: Should the FA ban Senderos for unsportmanlike conduct against Balotelli?

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:10 am

Yea intentional off the ball incident. Red card worthy during the game as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:49 am

Meh. If we start handing out bans for non-dangerous stuff like this then Costa will only play 4 games per season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:52 am

Terry got sent off for a similar incident when he kneed someone against Barca. This isn't any different imo. Surprised Balotelli didn't make more of it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:43 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Meh. If we start handing out bans for non-dangerous stuff like this then Costa will only play 4 games per season.

While Costa is no angel, his, thus far this season, have not been unprovoked like this one, and there has been no obvious innocent party like this.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 am

Yes, not only is that a cowardly act, it's also lazy defending. Not only was he trying to wind Balotelli up, his crappy ass didn't want to track the run so he kicked him in the hope he'd go down so he could continue ball watching

It would be interesting for him to try that on Costa because he will get it back

Crappy defender
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:05 am

Racist pos
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:07 am

i know nothing about this guy but how can we assume he is a racist because he kicked Balotelli..?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:07 am

It's a red card, and if the ref didn't register it during the game he can absolutely be banned posthumously.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:09 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Racist pos

Donuts wrote:i know nothing about this guy but how can we assume he is a racist because he kicked Balotelli..?

Do not start this without any evidence to back it up.

It is against the forum rules.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:17 am

Kick wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Racist pos

Donuts wrote:i know nothing about this guy but how can we assume he is a racist because he kicked Balotelli..?

Do not start this without any evidence to back it up.

It is against the forum rules.

My bad eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:54 am

He should get banned. No complaints about him roughing Balo up other than this, Balo needs to be reminded what the PL is about.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am

It's racist to call Senderos a skinhead just because he's white and bald.

Would you call Pepe a skinhead?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:14 am

I said I didn't want this started, Peccadillo.

If I see anymore comments in this thread regarding racism, the offender will be docked.

It is off topic and against the forum rules to be calling people racists.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 am

Yeah, that is suspension-worthy since the ref missed it. It's not dangerous, but you can't allow stuff like that to go unpunished. But I haven't read anything that there would be an investigation, so I guess they're letting this one go.

Not awfully bothered about it myself, we deserved to lose with or without that incident.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 am

I adisagree, Art.

depending on when that happened, it could have changed the game dramatically. ( I don't actually know when it occurred)

If it was early, you could well have at the very least grabbed a goal back. If it was late, you could have thrown more at them in a bid to score.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 am

Definitely, you can't permit off the ball offences such as this, such behaviour has no place in the game and should be dealt with more harshly than incidents that take place during the natural development of play. There's a marked difference between jostling for position and lashing out.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 am

He's been doing the same thing to Suarez for years. Nothing will happen. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 am

Peccadillo wrote:It's racist to call Senderos a skinhead just because he's white and bald.

Would you call Pepe a skinhead?

Skinheads aren't necessarily white

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Cant help but feel since it was on Balotelli ppl may feel that he deserves a treatment finally? Razz I wish someone would do this to Pepe Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Although i'm completely for banning people for this stuff I would only consider it if equal punishment and equal measures were put in place to punish *bleep* who often dive and simulate contact.

Otherwise this will only further tip the balance in favour of people who look for contact.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Although i'm completely for banning people for this stuff I would only consider it if equal punishment and equal measures were put in place to punish *bleep* who often dive and simulate contact.

Otherwise this will only further tip the balance in favour of people who look for contact.

While I completely agree that diving needs to be punished harshly, and actually think the yellow card think is appropriate if used consistently, in this case I don't see the relation as there's no ambiguity -
Balotelli certainly isn't looking for contact, he's making a run away from the defender lol.

Now it can't be expected that the ref sees everything, therefore in such a case a player can get a ban posthumously for an offense if it's red card worthy, which in this case I think it is.
No rules need to be changed, they just need to be applied.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Nah this case is 100% not Balotelli's fault. But i'm saying if more rules are put on place to punish people for making contact, the already poor balance with diving and fouling is further tipped in a divers favour.

It's already bad I.E if go looking for a penalty and get caught you get a slap on the wrist or a yellow, if you pull it off you can get the opposition a goal and a man down. So the last thing we need is more punishment on the contact side, without clamping down on simulation and conning the reff too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Sure.
But suspending Senderos would not be "more punishment", but he simply would be getting the punishment he should be getting according to existing rules.
Other than that, finding ways to better punish simulating and playacting would be good, no question.

For example, if per video and slow motion replays it can be shown Senderos kicks a guy and therefore he can be suspended posthumously, video replay should be maybe also used to punish people who for example hold their face for a minute when footage shows they weren't hit in the face at all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down