Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sergi Samper: The Gem Empty Sergi Samper: The Gem

Post by barca 2011 Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Sergi Samper Montaña
Born: 20 January 1995
Defensive Midfield
Barcelona player his whole life!

This kid deserves his thread. We've been talking about him for years and he finally debuted for the 1st team with a great performance. Yet another great find from La Masia who looks to have a bright future.

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Sergi Samper: The Gem Empty Re: Sergi Samper: The Gem

Post by futbol Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Unlike Busquets I feel Samper will be better off playing slightly more advanced in the future.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 pm

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Fußball wrote:Unlike Busquets I feel Samper will be better off playing slightly more advanced in the future.

Have we ever really properly be able to watch Busquets in an advanced role ala Xavi? I've always dreamed of it. I recall seeing it once or twice, but I can't remember the games, and I am not at all confident in saying that it did indeed happen, I may just be thinking it did.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:20 am

Fußball wrote:Unlike Busquets I feel Samper will be better off playing slightly more advanced in the future.

I agree. Didn't Xavi and Iniesta also play farther back in the Deco days? I could see the same progression Xavi had with Samper. He is actually pretty fast and nimble for his height, which is something Busquets doesn't have.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 am

CBarca wrote:

Have we ever really properly be able to watch Busquets in an advanced role ala Xavi? I've always dreamed of it. I recall seeing it once or twice, but I can't remember the games, and I am not at all confident in saying that it did indeed happen, I may just be thinking it did.

Against Real Sociedad last season when we got spanked (Song-Busquets-Iniesta).

Anyway. Busquets doesn't have the physical traits to carry the ball and spray passes around. He really is best at one-touching passing, building attacks from the back with passes between the lines and reading the game to intercept balls defensively. Can't see him creating chances further forward. Samper on the other hand looks more like Pirlo than Busquets IMO and could play alongside Busquets.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Luis Enrique made his Champions League managerial debut with a bang this past Wednesday evening, looking toward the youth system to fill out his starting eleven against APOEL, with midfielder Sergi Samper getting his senior debut in European football’s biggest competition.

However, as Samper shined in the spotlight of the Camp Nou, the moment may never have happened had it not been for Luis Enrique’s former teammate, colleague and friend, Pep Guardiola, who, according to Mundo Deportivo’s Oriol Domenech, convinced Samper to remain with the Blaugrana in 2011.

In 2011, when Samper was celebrating the FC Barcelona Cadete A’s Nike Premier Cup victory after being the standout in the competition, he and teammates Jon Miquel Toral and Hector Bellerín held a meeting with Arsenal in a hotel lobby in Barcelona.  However, then manager Pep Guardiola immediately stepped in and convinced Samper that he was destined to become a star at Barcelona and that he should stay with the club he’d been at since the age of 6.  Samper and his family rejected Arsenal’s offer, while his good friends Jon Miquel Toral and Hector Bellerín made the move to north London.

Just before the 2014 summer transfer deadline, Arsenal came back for Samper, but the 19-year-old seemingly has Blaugrana in his veins and rejected their offer once more and was rewarded by being promoted to the first team and making his debut, while also committing himself to the club for the next three years.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Before it gets taken down. Good quality.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Luis Enrique made his Champions League managerial debut with a bang this past Wednesday evening, looking toward the youth system to fill out his starting eleven against APOEL, with midfielder Sergi Samper getting his senior debut in European football’s biggest competition.

However, as Samper shined in the spotlight of the Camp Nou, the moment may never have happened had it not been for Luis Enrique’s former teammate, colleague and friend, Pep Guardiola, who, according to Mundo Deportivo’s Oriol Domenech, convinced Samper to remain with the Blaugrana in 2011.

In 2011, when Samper was celebrating the FC Barcelona Cadete A’s Nike Premier Cup victory after being the standout in the competition, he and teammates Jon Miquel Toral and Hector Bellerín held a meeting with Arsenal in a hotel lobby in Barcelona.  However, then manager Pep Guardiola immediately stepped in and convinced Samper that he was destined to become a star at Barcelona and that he should stay with the club he’d been at since the age of 6.  Samper and his family rejected Arsenal’s offer, while his good friends Jon Miquel Toral and Hector Bellerín made the move to north London.

Just before the 2014 summer transfer deadline, Arsenal came back for Samper, but the 19-year-old seemingly has Blaugrana in his veins and rejected their offer once more and was rewarded by being promoted to the first team and making his debut, while also committing himself to the club for the next three years.

Pep! :bow: :bow: :bow: still having an impact on Barça to this day!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 pm

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 pm

You have to take into account that in the B team the players are always told to emulate their 1st team counterparts, so it's no surprise that he would know Busi's role very well. He has studied him many times.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 am

Gerard López: "Samper has the desire to become an essential player. It's good to see that he accepts his current situation naturally."

Gerard López: "Samper is a player for La Liga, no doubt. He still has to improve, but he has an innate talent for football."

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:00 am

Kinda sounds cynical but dnt have much expectations for Barca youth nowadays tbh

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:07 am

that's true but guys like Godswill, Kaptoum, Seung-woo Lee, Samper and Grimaldo are promising and deserve some attention

Samper is already up for it but they prefer to call up Gumbau, who recently joined, to Sergi who's there his whole life basically

I think Busquets&Samper duo would be such a joy to watch

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:37 am

Could be a lot of reasons why he doesn't get called up before Gumbau. Could be disciplinary issues. Maybe he's got an attitude and they are straightening him out this season. Maybe they are being patient with him. With Xavi gone people will quickly expect Samper to be the new Xavi, the hype is already there, which can't be good for him. Maybe he's simply not as good as the hype suggests. I do wonder why Barca B sucks so much. Obviously there are 11 players but a midfielder who is Barca first team material surely would elevate a team in 3th division or at least stand out individually instead of sucking along with the rest. I remember Thiago always stood out for Spain youth teams and when he got injured they completely embarrassed themselves in the Olympics. Of course Lucho could also be completely blind and see Gumbau as a great talent (maybe he is even right and we fans have no clue).

Time will tell.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:45 am

linetty wrote:Gerard López: "Samper has the desire to become an essential player. It's good to see that he accepts his current situation naturally."

According to this quote his attitude is on point...

Maybe just being patient as you say.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:50 am

linetty wrote:
linetty wrote:Gerard López: "Samper has the desire to become an essential player. It's good to see that he accepts his current situation naturally."

According to this quote his attitude is on point...

Maybe just being patient as you say.

Actually, that quote made me suspiscious to begin with about his attitude. Pointing out that "it's good to see that he accepts his current situation", sounds like normally, in the past, he wouldn't accept it but now he's learning to deal with.

Obviously I could be interpreting too much into it as well.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:28 am

Thiago would have been handy now wouldn't he

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:29 pm

No point in beating that dead horse.

But we can discuss as to why Lucho doesn't even add Samper to the bench, and instead picks that tronco over him.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Why would you want Thiago back lol

He's injured almost all the time and when fit he doesn't really make you say Woaaah ffs what a player....

Some1 like Gundogan or Verratti is more reliable and solid in general.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 pm

linetty wrote:when fit he doesn't really make  you say Woaaah ffs what a player....

Except he does exactly that, ask any Bayern fan Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 pm

linetty wrote:Why would you want Thiago back lol

He's injured almost all the time and when fit he doesn't really make you say Woaaah ffs what a player....

Classic bashing of a former player. Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world at the moment.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:50 pm

linetty wrote:Why would you want Thiago back lol

Dude your trippin.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 am

I'm not bashing him lol i'm just telling it like it is.

I know he's great and all but wanting him back is basically admiting to a mistake and this board of clowns only care about there image which is why this transfer is probably not even being mentioned. Also injury proneness is the greatest question mark. You can't count on him.

Dunno why you people react like this. Verratti and Gundogan ARE more solid/reliable and Thiago IS injured very often. Those are not really brave statements but common sense. I know he's got some sweet moves in his locker but it don't really impress me. He looked like a shadow of himself against Barca in the CL last season and I don't care if he pulls off an incredible banana throughball or whatever against a bundesfodder scrub team.

And nope, I'm not saying this because he left Barca as Valk migth suggest. Our wonderful board pushed him away from the club so there are the ones to blame. I really like Thiago and I was a very big admirer of him at his time at Barca and I completely understand why he had to move on.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm

@gerardromero
Explica Pep Segura a TV3 q Gumbau està al 1r equip xq LE volia conèixer més al jugador, a Samper ja el coneix bé

"Luis Enrique has been calling up Gumbau because he wanted to know more about him. He already knows Samper."

Sounds like a poor excuse to me hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next