Sri
EL Patron
julias
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup] Empty Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup]

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:26 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/sep_14/gun__1411389026_training22092014.jpg

Arsenal Vs Southampton
Tuesday 23rd September: 19:45 Kick Off
Emirates Stadium

Arsenal host Southampton on Tuesday to kick start their capital one cup campaign making it their 3rd match in a week. However being a captial one cup match, this should be a match with minimum pressure and maybe even more fun to watch. Doesn't really mean that we go in there to have a stroll in the park but if the likes of Joel, Akpom and Bellerin are involved then maybe they all can produce something wonderful to watch being eager to impress and all. There is not a lot to say about tomorrow though so I won't really say much. Just hoping we can advance to the latter stages and a win against Southampton could be a great start.

Southampton are quietly having a good season. They were under heavy pressure to perform to their last season's level and after selling a number of key players, many suggested they would be down amongst the bottom teams. However with the recent impressive string of performances, they have looked as good as last season if not better. Koeman has done a great job and I don't think he is going to rest anyone tomorrow because teams like them care more about the cup than we do.

Team News

Arsene today said "On Tuesday night you might see Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Isaac Hayden. In the squad we have Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi as well. These are the players that are the closest."

Southampton hope James Ward-Prowse and Maya Yoshida will be fit despite being forced off with injuries at Swansea. Toby Alderweireld is likely to again miss out with a hamstring problem. Forward Sadio Mane is set to make his first appearance since joining from Red Bull Salzburg.

Potential Arsenal Team

---------------------Ospina---------------------------
Bellerin--------Hayden-----Chambers---------Flamini
--------------Coquelin------Diaby---------------------
Joel-------------------Rosicky------------------Akpom
--------------------Podolski----------------------------

Potential Southampton Team

------------------------Forster----------------------
Clyne------Fonte-------Gardos------Targett
-------------------------Victor------------------------
--------------Cork-------------Davis---------------
----Tadic--------------------------------Mane-----
--------------------------Long----------------------

Match Facts(BBC)

• Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 10 matches against Southampton in all competitions (W6, D4) since losing 3-2 at St Mary's in the Premier League in November 2002.
  • This is the fifth time the sides have been paired together in the League Cup. Arsenal advanced on all four previous occasions.
  • The Gunners' last domestic defeat at the Emirates was their 2-0 loss to Chelsea in the fourth round of last season's League Cup.
  • Arsenal have won nine of their last 11 home League Cup ties, scoring 29 times, with their only defeats coming against Manchester City in 2011-12 and Chelsea in 2013-14.
  • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine matches in this competition, a sequence that began with defeat to Birmingham in the 2010-11 final.
  • The last time Arsenal failed to advance to the fourth round of this competition was in 2002-03, when they were eliminated by Sunderland
  • Saints have reached the fourth round of this competition in each of the last three seasons.
  • They have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three third round matches.
  • They were League Cup runners-up in 1979.

Full 90 mins for Diaby >>>>>>

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup] Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup]

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Nice job RG.

The line up looks good but I think Wenger will take this seriously and might see more senior players in the squad.

I hope Joel gets starts and would be nice seeing Diaby make a come back in a cup game. Don’t think we can risk Gibbs, Kos and Mert should all be rested.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup] Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Southampton[Capital One Cup]

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm

I think we could see something like this.

---------------Ospina
Bellerin--Mertasacker---Chambers---Coquelin
-----------Flamini Diaby
Campbell-----Rosicky----Podolski
---------Sanchez
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Don't worry boys I'm going tomorrow so we will be guaranteed to win Cool

I intend for my unbeaten streak watching Arsenal to continue Cool
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 pm

The beer cup cheers

I think the likes of Oxlade, Rosicky and Santi will all start this one so we should have a team strong enough to win it.

"On Tuesday night you might see Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Isaac Hayden. In the squad we have Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi as well. These are the players that are the closest." He doesn't mention Zelalem hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am

julias wrote:Don't worry boys I'm going tomorrow so we will be guaranteed to win Cool

I intend for my unbeaten streak watching Arsenal to continue Cool

Jules :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:45 am

We should not be playing any of Chambers, Merts, Kos or Gibbs. Don't care if we lose and get knocked out. It is not worth the risk of any of them getting injured.

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 pm

^Pretty much.

Playing any of our first team players would be an unnecessary risk. And the other players deserve playing time aswell and we don't lack the depth as to put a very poor team out there for our fans to watch (except for our backline).

I'd like to see:

--------------- Ospina ---------------
Bellerin - Ayayi - Hayden - Coquelin
-------------- Flamini - Diaby ---------------
---- Campbell - Rosicky - Podolski -----
----------------- Akpom ------------------

Bench: Martinez; Chambers; Zelalem, Wilshere; Cazorla, Crowley, Alexis;
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Crowley should get some minutes, really excited about that kid.
Other than that, I would go with Urban's line-up.

That backline looks all too fragile though. Very Happy
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 pm

It looks like Diaby is set to start for us. banana :bow:
The first and the last of his kind a true legend.
Spoiler:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:46 pm

"@Arsenal: .@Arsenal team to play Southampton: Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Hayden, Coquelin, Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshere, Alexis, Campbell, Podolski"

"@Arsenal: .@Arsenal subs: Martinez, Ajayi, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Akpom #AFCvSFC"

PLEASE NO INJURIES!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Good line up. Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:55 pm

A bit stupid to play Jack and Alexis for this one, Ox and Santi should have started this one instead.

Last edited by EL Patron on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:59 pm

EL Patron wrote:A little stupid to play Jack and Alexis for this one, Ox and Santi should have started this one instead.

id rather have santi not get injured, jack needs to play.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Looks like Alexis will play centrally unless Podolski plays there (:facepalm: !!!!). If Alexis was going to play I'd rather have him play wide with Akpom in for Podolski but eh, Poldi will play wide atleast.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Wilshere at cam or roskicy at cm. Important decision. Midfield depends on it. I would play wilshere ahead. But I know wenger he wont. If wenger does it his way.. I feel we say good bye to this cup.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:31 pm

We really need to advance from this Cup, only way our youth will get good experience and help out the senior side when needed.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:33 pm

we will prob lose, but just wanna see the youngsters play, especially hayden, im going to keep an eye on him.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Pumped up for Diaby man. Hope he survives
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Wilshere with some nice touches but that penalty ... ohh God.. why Thomas? Why?
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Chambers has been quite poor. Bellerin the best ouf of the back 4

Podolski needs to be sold. He doesn't enjoy playing for us anymore. Clear with his body language.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Poor performance so far, Wilshere, Bellerin, Alexis super but I feel we need some presence up front and more control in midfield so Akpom and Cazorla on for Podolski/Rosicky.

Of course a change at half time from Wenger is as likely as Podolski doing something productive on the football pitch.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 pm

I am impressed with Hayden, coq and Bellerin. I think Hayden could play better in holding midfield than Arteta.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Ox and Santi to save us from this horror show
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Watch Wenger sub at 78 Proud
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next