Malaga vs Barcelona

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Malaga vs Barcelona

Post by windkick on Thu 25 Sep - 15:19

yea Malaga played so ugly but I still put the blame on Lucho. That crossing was Moyes level

Last edited by windkick on Thu 25 Sep - 18:41; edited 1 time in total

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu 25 Sep - 18:26

I have to agree with Alex, when Tata did this he got killed.

I guess the difference is with Tata we also went long from the back and at least with Enrique its early and we have hopes the team is still in the process. Whereas with Tata the idea got gradually more confusing as time went on.

But I have to emphasis we have to as a team, recognise that crosses wont work without targets and movement and those balls over the top ONLY work against high line teams such as Bilbao. Malaga sitting 10m from box line leaves no space to play over the top, the pass cant even be slightly off.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri 26 Sep - 9:55

Didn't realize Gracia was the coach of Osasuna last season. Also 0-0 away from home.

(click on thumbnail)

Don't think it's easy to play "through" that tbh. They leave the wings deliberately open because Barca's fullbacks are pretty much useless offensively in combination with a midget forward line; all they will do is cross to 170 cm players. Which leaves Malaga with a 4 man defense vs. 2 of our forwards and 2 lines of 3 + 3 = 6 midfielders up against 4 Barca midfielders. We're numerically outmatched all over the place except at centerback and wingback, positions that don't add anything offensively. It would require a complete change in formation to break through this. Iniesta and Rakitic can try intricate passes all they want infront or inbetween the 3th layer of a 10 man defense. All it will lead to is dispossession and counterattacks. Because the Barca midfield is simply outnumbered and not by 1 but by 2 players as is the forward line.

Without a formation change the only solution I see is replacing Alba with Mathieu and moving Mathieu into the box. If Suarez is also there we'd have some genuine box presence upfront to possibly connect with Alves' crosses and Malaga might stop conceding the wings = middle opening up.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri 26 Sep - 10:18

Its not easy, it can never be easy to play through that mass. But we have to persist, because wing-play and hopeful over the top balls will never work.

I dont pay much attention to still pictures, they are always misleading, I bet if we did a video breakdown we could find passing angles we missed because we moved the ball too slowly.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri 26 Sep - 10:24

For the record. I don't think in Camp Nou they would survive like this no matter what. Last season the same Osasuna that made it 0-0 at home lost 0-7 in Camp Nou. We would easily pull their shape apart by moving the ball very quickly. But away from home there is only the Bernabeu that doesn't have a completely disgraceful pitch and I think the new San Mames. So you can forget about tiki-taka-ing your way through.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Fri 26 Sep - 14:20

As futbal said its a numbers game.So how do we even the numbers.Its quite simple imo.Messi stays up top and never drops.
That makes it 3 against 4,with 2 of the 3 being Neymar and Messi.
I fancy those odds very much.Now this means that with the congested midfield,Messi doesnt get to see the ball much.Might go 10 to 15 minutes without seeing the ball.But he has to stay patient trusting that our midfield will eventually get him the ball in a dangerous position.And when he does get the ball,he only has 2 CB's to deal with(maybe 1) instead of the 4 or 5 players he would have to deal with if he drops.He also has the option of a quick one-two with Pedro or Nerman closer to goal.Similarly Nerman also doesnt drop.If he does drop,only occasionally to combine.Instead occupy the fullback and the CB,move laterally and vertically.
Pedro on the other side.Again moving as much as possible.

The key to beating a parked bus is aggressive movement from the forwards.Vertically there is not much chance as the opposition is playing deep but lots of lateral movement and shifting.Instead we do it wrong all the time.No movement whatsoever.Messi drops,finds a wall of players in front of him.Tries to take them all on,is unsuccessful.Rinse and repeat.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Fri 26 Sep - 22:20

@alexjanosik wrote:For those of you criticizing Iniesta,please direct the criticism at Enrique.I have mentioned in my posts that Enrique has reduced Iniestas role to basically covering for Alba.One of the all time greats is now reduced to covering for an average LB.How the hell is he supposed to contribute when he is playing all game at the halfway line.He is far away from Rakitic and Messi so he cant pass or combine with them.He cant dribble and drive forward because he has stay in position and cover for Alba.
So how the hell is he supposed to contribute.

BC mentioned in another thread that Iniesta doesnt have a single pre assist which isnt surprising.He isnt Xavi who can play further back and still be productive that way.Xavi received a lot of unfair criticism last couple of years for his dwindling assist numbers.Whats forgotten is that his role was changed and he was playing further back.He was controlling the game and playing the pass before the pass.He must have had a ton of pre assists past 2 years.
As good as Iniesta is,he cant do what Xavi did.He cant control games quite as well and he doesnt have Xavi's eye for the pass between the lines.Also Iniesta is playing too far from Messi to play a pass to him.

Basically,Enrique is utilizing Iniesta wrongly and playing him at 30-40% of his potential.Blame goes to Enrique,not Iniesta.
To his credit,Iniesta has been great defensively though.

I also blamed Luis Enrique for his poor team selection:
@danyjr wrote:Iniesta was dog shite. Slowing the game down, making wrong decisions, not releasing the ball quickly enough. The worst match I've seen from him in a very long time.

Not to mention a poor team selection by Luis Enrique.

1) He should have paired Xavi with Rakitić at half time. Iniesta is not comfortable to play deep, he simply doesn't have the cautiousnesses to play there. How many times have we seen him stubbornly try to dribble his way deep with passing options around him only to see him give the ball cheaply away? It was poor and that is not just Enrique's fault.

2) Lining up Douglas to play his first match against Málaga not only was a dumb move from an overall point of view, it certainly didn't do the Brazilian's confidence any good either being subbed off in the second half.

3) Pedro. If he was a third of the player he was 4 years ago I'd shut up but he is just hopeless these days. Your younger player (not Munir, the other guy) came on for him and in 10 minutes he did more with his forward runs than Pedro did all match. His movements forward kept Rosales by surprise a handful of times and if it wasn't for his terrible final balls he could have had an assist (he doesn't look before he passes, just hopeful mindless crosses). Also Messi not making forward runs when on the counter is really costing you. I understand against static defences he would like to come deep to do his magic in breaking the defence but even on the counter he comes towards the carrier to receive the ball. Well by that time the chance to counter is gone. He should learn when to play the provider role and when to play the poacher role.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3