Art Morte
boyzis
Helmer
futbol
Kick
79 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:58 am

Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

More impressed by Alexis so far.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by Doc Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 am

Gil wrote:Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

Elano I think. For 2 seasons, he'll play well till October and it went downhill from there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:30 am

Doc wrote:
Gil wrote:Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

Elano I think. For 2 seasons, he'll play well till October and it went downhill from there.

Elano was incredible to be fair. I mean a player getting fluke goals/assists like Di Maria has so far. There's no denying his ability but the amount of poor crosses/shots that have somehow ended up as goals is absurd.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 am

do you ever shut up with your ridiculous statements?

it's so old
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am

^ he's a troll.

He's hating the fact that Di Maria is crapping all over his beloved Eden 'overrated' Hazard.

Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:38 am

Howard (weak link)
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley Nasimith/Pienaar
Lukaku

That's a potential Top 4 team. I honestly truly believe they have a better team than Liverpool.

Barkley's injury and Howard being crap has cost them big time so far.

Btw, lets say Arsenal finishes 4th and Everton win the Europa League. Since the EL winners get a CL spot starting from this season, does that mean Everton would replace Arsenal rather than both qualifying?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 am

B-Mac wrote:

do you ever shut up with your ridiculous statements?

it's so old

How is it ridiculous? It's just the plain fact, no? He's had a very fortunate start to the season.

No idea why you're getting upset over this either, that wasn't exactly a criticism.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 am

I agree, Elano was incredible up until the season reaches November or December. Then things take a turn for the not so well.

Di Maria is doing as fine as most new signings can do from another footballing culture. I don't disagree that some of his assists are a bit suspect but I totally disagree that he is fraudulent in anyway.

And in all honesty, Van Gaal is the one who should be in question, not Di Maria.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Playing so far back I'm actually surprised he has been so prolific.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

What do LFC fans think about Mignolet ? I don't have still a clear idea about him. He is scrub about outcomings imo ( that of 1st half against QPR ffs he was this defect also in Sunderland ) and he looks sometimes insicure and this can be trasmitted to defence ( but I don't know how much justifying Skrtel and Lovren tbh ) but then he is capable also of great saves as in 2nd half
I don't have still a clear idea if he is scrub , average , or legit hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Pochettino was a disappointment atm
Never believed he was top manager but I thought to see something of different than AVB or Sherwood
TBH I see ZERO differences, it seems the same old Totttenham.
For results , attitude and deployment in pitch
I mean, even against City when they were close to tie I watched a messy team , not solid , and infact I think it was a match basically scrub tactically
I didn't like even City,  I saw playing better City other times than last Saturday (although 4-1), they won thanks to playesr in front but I was going to change channel when I began to watch so many chances in both sides because there was not order in pitch
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Gil wrote:
Howard (weak link)
McCarthy Besic
Lukaku

That's a potential Top 4 team. I honestly truly believe they have a better team than Liverpool.

Barkley's injury and Howard being crap has cost them big time so far.

Btw, lets say Arsenal finishes 4th and Everton win the Europa League. Since the EL winners get a CL spot starting from this season, does that mean Everton would replace Arsenal rather than both qualifying?

Agree about Everton. If they can sort out their injuries they have potential. They have vets like Eto'o to help them along.

As for your question the EL winner will not take the place of another team if I'm not mistaken. So in your scenario Everton would not take Arsenal's spot.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Zealous wrote:To be fair to Harry I'm pretty sure Taarabt could be in A LOT better shape than that picture.

The frustrating thing is that Taarabt could have actually be a productive player, instead he's some poverty version of today's Ronaldinho.

I think we can all see he isnt in condition to play football, Harry is not wrong there and you cant question that.

But why exaggerate the situation?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Because it's a way of getting everyone to ignore he's doing a shit job as manager.

All the shit managers do it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Exactly right.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:Pochettino was a disappointment atm
Never believed he was top manager but I thought to see something of different than AVB or Sherwood
TBH I see ZERO differences, it seems the same old Totttenham.
For results , attitude and deployment in pitch
I mean, even against City when they were close to tie I watched a messy team , not solid , and infact I think it was a match basically scrub tactically
I didn't like even City,  I saw playing better City other times than last Saturday (although 4-1), they won thanks to playesr in front but I was going to change channel when I began to watch so many chances in both sides because there was not order in pitch

I agree.

Pochettino has gotten very lucky. Sacked from his first managerial job at Espanyol with the club last in La Liga. Somehow Southampton's chairman thinks that's good enough a CV to come to the Premier League. Sure, Southampton did very well under him, but they had the players. Now they're doing even better even after losing many of those players. Tottenham don't look any more dangerous under him than they did last season. They're just the same.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Why do you guys keep bringing up his Espanyol spell as some sort of black mark? Anyone watching them when he was there knows that Espanyol owe him a lot for keeping them a float.

It's exactly like when people said Martinez was a bad manager because Wigan were relegated when he clearly isn't. There is a lot of context you can't just ignore with regards to Pochettino.

Lest we forget that the vast majority of Spurs' squad are rubbish if you ask me. I personally only rate like 4 of them, the rest are overrated and overpaid. Give him some time to mark his stamp on the team because right now he's just cleaning up the mess he's inherited.

Last edited by Zealous on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 pm

If there is no difference from AVB to Sheerwood to now...then maybe its not the quality of the coaches which are the problem...just maybe, the players are playing at the level they are at.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Needs time. I'm refraining from judgement until the squad plays and looks more like Poch wants them to. I only see it in spurts right now- players need consistency.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Zealous wrote:Why do you guys keep bringing up his Espanyol spell as some sort of black mark? Anyone watching them when he was there knows that Espanyol owe him a lot for keeping them a float.

It's exactly like when people said Martinez was a bad manager because Wigan were relegated when he clearly isn't. There is a lot of context you can't just ignore with regards to Pochettino.

Lest we forget that the vast majority of Spurs' squad are rubbish if you ask me. I personally only rate like 4 of them, the rest are overrated and overpaid. Give him some time to mark his stamp on the team because right now he's just cleaning up the mess he's inherited.

Pochettino got sacked from Espanyol, Martinez left Wigan on his own. Also, Martinez actually improved Everton when he went there, Pochettino doesn't seem to be able to improve Tottenham. That's the main thing, if Pochettino was actually a good manager, he would be getting more our of this Tottenham squad than Tim frigging Sherwood.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm

You can't call a perfume salesman bad at his job because he can't make shit smell nice though.

Give it time because this Spurs squad is so mediocre it's not even funny. The only thing they have going for them is depth.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Manchester United has to be the luckiest side around. Facing Chelsea at home the week both of their strikers are not available to play.

If Van Gaal can't get a point here then he should be put on notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Gil wrote:
Howard (weak link)
McCarthy Besic
Lukaku

Weren't you saying yesterday that Liverpool would cruise to 3rd when Studge gets fit ? Laughing

Everton are awful. I have them odds on for relegation. Stones is out for almost most of the season, which means 45 year old Distin starting week in and out, and Jagielka's scoring purple patch will end soon as well.

They are the worst team we have met this year (Even worse than Ludogorets) and the most dis-satisfying result of the season for me.....because they were so utter turd and offered absolutely no threat. They made our defense look as good as Mourinho's Inter ffs....how bad do you have to be to do that Very Happy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:36 am

Big words coming from a team that struggled against QPR lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:12 am

ha, people rating Everton rofl not only they already have injuries, but injuries plus they are in Europe Laughing you just cant say 'if not injuries, they have the best squad' should <i say Arsenal are title contenders (ohhh wait their injuries).

dese madrid fans will see the true color of their team, when we smack them hard tonight :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Manchester United has to be the luckiest side around. Facing Chelsea at home the week both of their strikers are not available to play.

If Van Gaal can't get a point here then he should be put on notice.

Costa will definitely play. I'm not buying this whole he's injured bs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next