Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus VS Atletico Madrid

Post by dronte Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 am

As I predicted, Llorente was useless, he was so isolated that his much praised hold up play was non existent. Tevez and Morata should have been the way to go, Atletico's defense looked leaky at times. I have no problem with Llorente, but
#1 he is badly out of form, turnovers he tried yesterday always resulted in a goal in pre-season
#2 he was isolated most of the time

Also Pereyra added a nice spark to our attack once again. Promising.

We really need to give more time to our newcomers, thinking about especially Coman, because we need improvements either on the wing or in attack - and we all know Coman can play both (and by giving them playing time I surely don't mean the deep water, like yesterday, but in Serie A it is the way to go).

Overall not a bad performance, but we need to improve. As Devi said the goal was evitable.

The referee was a complete joke though. He let all the dirty play go by Atletico, without yellow cards, while we got undeserved yellows for most of the fouls, especially at the end.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Our starting XI is made up of so many indirect players

Notice how Pereyra coming on for hardly any time at all done more offensively than most of our other players combined in 70 minutes. It's not because he's some sort of magician, it's because he has the ability to run at players and take them on in the final 3rd.

Something our team lacks badly, something I've been saying for years. Untill we adress that by

Short-term, playing the likes of Coman, Morata and Pereyra more

Long-term, buying quality players who fit the bill

We'll be seeing the same old Juve, dominating the midfield even on bad days, but creating nothing and troubling nobody who is organised. Honestly we need to score first in any big European game to be in with a chance of winning these days.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:03 pm

the deal here is if Allegri fails to make us progress in the group he needs to be fired simple as that, I don't care if people think he has refined or barcaed Conte's 3-5-2, if we win Serie A and fail in CL he has achieved nothing...

and it saddens me he is always practicing 4-3-2-1 in training (for those who say we cannot change formation) and cannot implement it..... that makes him a wimp who is scared of losing his job to do the right thing....

I'd gladly take 3rd in Serie A if it meant switching to a creative formation where our support strikers are doing something positive or we actually have some wing play and are deadly and also getting into the QF or SF of the CL than winning Serie A again ffs....

no shot on target ffs is pathetic..... llorente is very useless because u cannot expect a 6 ft something none pacey striker to do anything meaningful by himself without any meaningful support...... switch to 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 and let's judge llorente's true worth when  Tevez, Gio, Coman, Pereyra are pumping in crosses into the box to him, and even a 4-3-2-1 would offer Tevez that free roam he is doing now in Allegri's 3-5-2...... if Bonucci is the one that limits us to switch formation bench and sell him FFS.... he cannot dictate what is right for Juve, Caceres, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Barzagli play fine in a back 4.........

and we actually did attack when we took out a defender for Pereyra last night that is how we should have approached the game.....

also i  have read people saying we cannot just switch formations, well that is sad if Allegri cannot have the balls to switch formations then he has no right being our coach, I have seen coaches switch  formations they never practise within games to suit the opposition, so how can we not play one we used in pre-season and always use at training?

3-5-2 might do well in Serie A currently but it won't outside of it..... luckily even Serie A is even figuring it out.... Inter vs Cagliari was but a taste, we need to change formations or ours is on the way coming.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Hopefully we will learn from this and move on, we were tactically outclassed by an experienced team. Only shame is that we had so much possession but did nothing with it.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:00 pm

We don't have any creative player in midfield therefore our ball possession isn't fruitful.
Pirlo is old and playing too deep to affect the game in opponents box,Pogba is not on top levels when talking for creativity or he is not enough,he is like our other midfielders (Vidal and Marchisio) very completed overall but lacks the vision of a Pirlo.
Pereyra showed in few minutes he played to be a threat as he along with Pogba are the only two midfielders capable to run through other players.
Our wingers are in fact wing backs and are limited technically.
Tevez is our only top creative striker and he has proved his worth but just Tevez isn't enough on matches of this level,he sometimes is selfish and other teams just easily mark him so our attack doesn't produce anymore.
If we had one creative AMF and proper wingers then we would be unstoppable.

Since we don't have those players maybe we should try a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 which can be somehow effective with our current players.
We can use Coman,Giovinco or Morata as wing attackers on a 4-3-3 or with a 4-3-1-2 with Pereyra/Pogba as AMF.

Buffon
Licht - Barzagli - Chiellini - Evra
Vidal - Pogba - Marchisio
Morata/Giovinco - Llorente - Tevez

Buffon
Licht - Barzagli - Chiellini - Evra
Vidal - Pirlo -Marchisio
- Pogba -
Llorente - Tevez
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 pm

I think it is always going to be difficult for Juve against these teams that, on paper, have more talent than Juve. However, with Allegri, I at least feel confident that he will make tactical changes for better or for worse. With Conte, I never really saw tactical changes in European games. Having Pirlo back could really make a difference.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:20 pm

The problem with the starting 11 is that it always has an extra defender, the 3-5-2 is always a 5-3-2

But against Atletico the other problem is that Juventus played for a 0-0

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Luca wrote:The problem with the starting 11 is that it always has an extra defender, the 3-5-2 is always a 5-3-2

When Pereyra came on and we switched to 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 we pressed them like crazy, that is what we need to use.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:29 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:The problem with the starting 11 is that it always has an extra defender, the 3-5-2 is always a 5-3-2

When Pereyra came on and we switched to 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 we pressed them like crazy, that is what we need to use.

^

what the man said :coffee:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm

but it shouldn't be changed against Roma its to early
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:

DeviAngel wrote:

^

what the man said :coffee:

Agree with both of you, it seems more fitting
I'm sure we would see more from Llorente with an extra midfield presence as well

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:58 am

Tbh, I didn't think we were going for the draw, I think we were going for the win. Anyways, I think we should try and play Pereyra along with Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba. The problem is we can't really bench Pirlo for too long either. Caceres can be a sub for all the defensive positions, Bonucci and Ogbonna subs for CB, Romulo sub for RB, Asamoah sub for LB and either play the 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1, whichever one works out best. I really like how Pereyra opens up and receives the ball, he also takes on his man and has pretty good pace and dribbling. He could really turn out to be a bargain rather than a waste of money. I think we should try the formation change after the Roma game (and the international games too).
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 am

I'm sure Allegri will do the right calls with our formation and tactics, he is not that stubborn as Conte.

Still, I think he was right to play 3-5-2 in this match, draw would have been a good result for us considering Atletico's brutal home form. Just unlucky we couldn't hold out.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2