Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
S
DeviAngel
farfan
86 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:53 am

to be honest i think most of this can be rectified by deploying a useful formation with clear roles. do away with the 4 3 3 (which it seems rafa's doing). the 4 3 3 worked because u had a player in di maria who was willing to hustle in the middle of the park, and alonso, who is not a defensive midfielder, but isn't a novice when it comes to defensive duties (he can make some bonehead/foolish tackles at times, but whatever), and then you had modric.

i think 4 2 3 1, with james in the hole would be better for cristiano, benzema (he's a striker, he shouldn't have to drop deep because of the wingers, he'll score more this way...i think) and bale (who was signed to play on the flank and is not an attacking midfielder). james playing in that role, and dictating the play may curtail some of bale's erratic movements, who knows. the issue now will be the holding midfield, i'm not sold on luka and modric pairing in big games. reminds me of when beckham was partnering guti in the middle of the park in the 04 season

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by Perucho21 Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:38 am

If Benitez doesn't listen to Perez he will get sacked Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 am

lol and if he listens too much we will lose and he will get sacked. someone on gl made that same analogy with regards to carlo ancelotti last season, can't remember who it was, but it really hit hard with respect to the dilemma of the coaching job.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:34 am

Just put bale back on the right. he won't get in anyone's way lol
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:21 am

Okay after 158958532 years of defending him I'm calling him out.

He's not a "top" manager. And he never will be until he can get "man management" skills.

Man management is the BIGGEST element to being a manager today.

Great tactician, great philosopher, great man. A winner. I will always respect him as a man and as a a coach.

BUT. He's not a great communicator. He can't handle egos and it's his biggest downfall. He's already lost the dressing room at Madrid. He lost the dressing room at Liverpool. He never had the dressing room at Chelsea or Inter because of his feud with Mourinho. Not sure what happened at Napoli as I didn't follow them closely, but he really needs to change his approach OFF the pitch if he wants to become a top manager again.

Madrid looked a mess, and there's not a chance in hell Rafa would ever had set up like that. They looked so static, so slow. So disorganised. I wonder if he'll last the end of the season the way this Madrid team is going.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:49 am

When even Liverpool supporters start piling up on Rafa, you know he has been doing bad the last few years.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 am

How is he a great tactician, honestly? I keep hearing this and for the life of me I don't understand how? The last time he won the league was back when Jesus was still alive. He has only won the CL once in his entire career.

His spell with Valencia was successful. His spell with Liverpool was below average, one CL and not a single league title in six years. His spell with Inter was a disaster. His spell with Napoli was a complete and utter failure.

Now he's at a club with deep pockets and world class squad. He has no excuses now. If he doesn't win a major trophy, I hope those of you who keep saying he's a master tactician will stop.

Me personally, I think Carlo's small toe has more talent than this overrated incompetent potato and I'll forever blame Florentino for sacking a three-time CL winner and replacing him with this.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

Why would you consider sacking the master tactician who made shit team like Napoli qualify for European League? Look how badly they are struggling without him.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:05 pm

I will never understand the "great tactician" reputation that follows him either.

All I have ever seen from him are tactical fallacies. Perhaps in earlier times, but football has advanced greatly and left him behind.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Benitez sucks. All he can do is park the bus and sign and play rubbish players like Kuyt and Lucas Vazquez.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Has he neutralized the Napoli last year?
I can give him some excuses for his   experience under us .. the 3rd year after Mourinho is always particular because the Portoguese can get the maximum from his players but at same time it means he drained every energy .. besides after a treble ... but anyway he has no excuses for that European Supercup lost against Atletico Madrid with NO shots on target.
Now Real Madrid .. meh ... basically expected difficulties.
Taken just because Spanish and old hype ( surely deserved for what he did in Valencia and Liverpool, but 7-10 years ago are so many) , but he is declined now  ( as Mourinho tbh ) and I wonder  how a manager who was average in Napoli can be good for the Real   Madrid
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:05 pm

The players liked Ancelotti a lot (not surprisingly, he's very likeable), they didn't want him fired, and so Benitez has a problem with the dressing room from the start.

Basically the players should be angry at Perez, but since they can't touch him they're taking it out at Benitez.

Benitez probably isn't the greatest player manager to begin with so therre you go.

The way Real played in that Clasico, the lack of any pressure on the ball, the acres of spaces given to the opponent, was Anti-Benitez in purity Laughing

Either he got overruled to play a way that's against his instincts and expertise, or the player do not follow his instructions at all.

Both are not good signs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:29 pm

I've never rated him that high.

The CL in '05 was an absolute dream and finishing 2nd in '09 in the league was very good, but even around those years he never came across as a top manager to me. Too one-dimensional and too cautious.

I'd rate his time at Liverpool 8.5/10 and elsewhere after that 7.5/10. He's a good manager. But I'd have to rate him 9/10 or higher to call him a top manager. And Real Madrid should have a top manager. It also doesn't help that he's not charismatic enough to manage a star squad like Real's, so I'm not surprised there are rumours he's already lost the dressing room.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:53 pm

The irony is most madrid posters and fans alike all wanted ancelotti gone.. Just go back to the threads and internet ffs!!! Now, somehow suddenly, they all want ancelotti back.
Reminds me of the government tbh.. Where the public always rate former higher than the current ruler, wishing he was still there.. rofl

I can bet ancelotti wouldn't do any better with this suard. People seem to forget that ancelotti didn't achieve much in madrid either. His 2nd season was trophyless even after going on a 21 game winning streak ffs!!! and in his first season, he was a ramos header away from ending that one with only the copa del rey. Infact, that guy would even stand a better chance of giving u the moon than winning a league title to save his life.. And Now people are acting like he's some sort of savior or coaching god.

I even remember how he subbornly kept playing bale even when he was destroying madrid, how he basically ruined kroos and the starting 11 at the business end of the season and even how madrid became Atletico's bitch when he went there. Laughing

Although admittedly, the players always wanted ancelotti to stay back, and ancelotti had a beautiful personality but that doesn't change the truth.

Btw, yes, benitez is a good coach, but not a great one, infact he's a poor mans version of ancelotti..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Btw, I'd rather take 0 - 4 dishwashing at the hands of barluchona than a 4 - 0 spanking at the hands of thugletico at the business end of the seaon.. :coffee:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:18 pm

@Banks agree with most points. For me Ancelotti was very good at calming the ship but he was on borrowed time. He was 30 seconds away from getting sacked before Ramos saved his mortgage.

Mourinho, Carlo, Pellegrini and now Rafa. We have to just say that the culture created by Florentino at Madrid were player power trumps all is the main denominator. Florentino has been Barcelonas shadow/SS/False President since he came back. They should build a statue of him in Catalonia.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Bankz wrote:The irony is most madrid posters and fans alike all wanted ancelotti gone.. Just go back to the threads and internet ffs!!! Now, somehow suddenly, they all want ancelotti back.
Reminds me of the government tbh.. Where the public always rate former higher than the current ruler, wishing he was still there.. rofl

I can bet ancelotti wouldn't do any better with this suard. People seem to forget that ancelotti didn't achieve much in madrid either. His 2nd season was trophyless even after going on a 21 game winning streak ffs!!! and in his first season, he was a ramos header away from ending that one with only the copa del rey. Infact, that guy would even stand a better chance of giving u the moon than winning a league title to save his life.. And Now people are acting like he's some sort of savior or coaching god.

I even remember how he subbornly kept playing bale even when he was destroying madrid, how he basically ruined kroos and the starting 11 at the business end of the season and even how madrid became Atletico's bitch when he went there. Laughing

Although admittedly, the players always wanted ancelotti to stay back, and ancelotti had a beautiful personality but that doesn't change the truth.

Btw, yes, benitez is a good coach, but not a great one, infact he's a poor mans version of ancelotti..

This Madrid side wouldn't sting together a 21 winning streak to save their lives. With Carlo, even when they got beaten, they played like they had a chance.

Not to mention the games where they schooled their opposition, like they did to Bayern.

Like Rafa, Carlo didn't have much control over who to buy or sell, and he got shifted by losing both Di Maria and Xabi Alonso, as well as expectations to play Bale.

Carlo, Rafa, and Perez could deny forcing Bale into the squad, but when a player costs nearly 100 Million Euros, he IS going to be in the squad.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Bankz wrote:The irony is most madrid posters and fans alike all wanted ancelotti gone.. Just go back to the threads and internet ffs!!! Now, somehow suddenly, they all want ancelotti back.

This Madrid side wouldn't sting together a 21 winning streak to save their lives. With Carlo, even when they got beaten, they played like they had a chance.

Not to mention the games where they schooled their opposition, like they did to Bayern.

Like Rafa, Carlo didn't have much control over who to buy or sell, and he got shifted by losing both Di Maria and Xabi Alonso, as well as expectations to play Bale.

Carlo, Rafa, and Perez could deny forcing Bale into the squad, but when a player costs nearly 100 Million Euros, he IS going to be in the squad.

TBH, Carlo made the same mistakes in both season, lack of rotation. His record against all the big teams was pathetic at best. If Madrid want to win the league, they better not re hire Carlo.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Why do people keep bringing up Ramos' header    to undermine  Ancelotti's accomplishment ? Laughing  did you forget that Madrid dominated that game and that Atletico's goal was due to a Casillas brainfart ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

So, Real Madrid have called a news conference for this evening?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:So, Real Madrid have called a news conference for this evening?

Really?

Are they going to fire him?

rofl rofl rofl

They can't be THAT much of a joke surely
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:So, Real Madrid have called a news conference for this evening?

It will be about Perez backing up Rafa as a coach and that he believes that he is the right man for the job.

What it should be is Perez should apologize to the fans for the big screw up and as a means to fix things he will resign as president and take RaFacht Benitez with him, and we get a proper president with less glamour and more passion.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Meeting to be at 7:30 pm.. Laughing
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Bankz wrote:Meeting to be at 7:30 pm.. Laughing

100% in Rafa's support
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

I've never been a huge fan of Rafa, but if anyone needs to go, it's Perez. I've been saying it since he was re-elected :brickwall:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Benitez stays Proud
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next