Zealous
Glory
Valkyrja
Kaladin
Gil
85 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League Empty Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League

Post by Gil Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm not a top-five player yet. Maybe I'm close to it, but I still have to work on some aspects. You can only be part of that group if you are decisive in the top games. I start doing that, like I did against Manchester City and Arsenal.

Who are better than me? The two extra-terrestrials, Ronaldo and Messi, (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, Ribery and Robben.
They make the difference almost every game.

Hazard was criticised in Belgium for his performances in the World Cup and not carrying his team in the manner of Messi or Ronaldo for Argentina and Portugal.

“My World Cup wasn't good, neither bad,” said Hazard. “They expected from me that I would make the difference every game, like Messi does for Argentina. You can't forget this was my first World Cup and I've been decisive two times.”

Hazard revealed that manager Jose Mourinho will tell him that Chelsea had to play with just 10 players when the Belgian does not influence a game.

“It all goes well for me at Chelsea,” said Hazard. “Maybe this has been the best start in my career so far, although it isn't reflected in the stats. I have played only one bad game - against Aston Villa.
I've taken a good rest during my holiday, I had a short, but good pre-season and I feel really well.

“Jose Mourinho and I get along well. I've lots of respect for him. He gives me a lot of confidence. After a bad game he dares to say ‘we have played with 10 today’, but that's it. At moments like that he leaves me alone.

“The image I had of him, before he came, is still the same I have now - he's a big manager, who's won everything, who shares his experience and is close to his players. He defends us all the time.”

Paris Saint-Germain have been long-term admirers of Hazard, but he is not interested in a return to Ligue 1, where he played for Lille before joining Chelsea in 2012.

Hazard insists he is happy at Stamford Bridge and hinted he would only be interested in leaving to test himself in Spain’s La Liga, where he is yet to play.

“I’ve always been clear - I feel good at Chelsea,” said Hazard. “Every week I repeat the same on PSG. It's a big team, but an inferior league. I don't want to return to France, because I've won everything over there - the league title, cup, best player, best young player.

“I don't want to say PSG is a step backwards, but It would be returning to something I already know. I'm always in for new challenges. When I will leave Chelsea one day, it would be to discover something new.”

Great mentality. I agree with him on virtually everything.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League Empty Re: Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Not even the best in his team atm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League Empty Re: Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

He's better than Ribery
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 pm

admits ?? Is it the correct term there ?

Its as if someone has been pestering him constantly with "You are the best in the league, you are the best  in the league, la la la laala" and Hazard keep on responding "No I am not no I am not" .And then the latter finally going and secretly telling in his ears. sshh!! dont tell anyone. I am indeed. No offense Gil but I think thats admitting.  What he is doing here is in fact PROCLAIMING indirectly that he is the best in epl. Very Happy

jokes aside, getting to the question, its debatable. He might get there. But I am not so sure whether he is right now. On the world stage though he is clearly not 6th. He is below that.
For starters El Vampiro is ahead of him and so as some others. Might be just inside the top 10 but thats it.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm not sure how to respond considering that this thread will be the foundation of the new rivalry of GL, Fusssball vs Jill.

I haven't decided whose side I want to be on yet hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 pm

He didn't say anything controversial. Someone who has his talent should think that way.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:54 pm

lmao Suarez destroyed him in the league individually last season and he thinks he's better than him.

He's delusional is what he is. Great attitude Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Most people are delusional, it's sometimes called Faith.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I admit the pope is my dad.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Basically he's just admitting that he's playing in the Mule League.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Let me go down the list of better players in the EPL:
-  Di Maria
-  Falcao
-  Fabregas
-  Matic
-  Sanchez
-  Yaya Toure
-  Aguero
-  Silva
- Costa

So maybe Hazard should try and make the top 5 in his own league and then worry about the rest of Europe.  I don't feel like listing the other 10s of players in Europe that are better than him right now Laughing

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Don't call me James wrote:lmao Suarez destroyed him in the league individually last season and he thinks he's better than him.

He's delusional is what he is. Great attitude Laughing

yea but suarez aint in the league at the moment right. If last season he would have said this, it would have been utter bogus.
But now it might be just debatable. If we look at form clearly he is not the best in the league right now. Theres Costa, theres Di maria. He might be meaning eventual quality or potential. But even then theres Sterling to rival him. So not exactly sure what he meant.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Hazard talking big because he's showed up in a big game for once in his life. Congrats son.

EDIT: Wait did he say he played well against City? He was a ghost the entire game Laughing only times i saw him were when he got dispossessed.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:44 pm

CBarca wrote:Hazard talking big because he's showed up in a big game for once in his life. Congrats son.
His WC performance was the best too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Let me go down the list of better players in the EPL:
-  Di Maria
-  Falcao
-  Fabregas
-  Matic
-  Sanchez
-  Yaya Toure
-  Aguero
-  Silva
- Costa

So maybe Hazard should try and make the top 5 in his own league and then worry about the rest of Europe.  I don't feel like listing the other 10s of players in Europe that are better than him right now Laughing

I won't laugh at the others because they are great players. But this guy rofl

Still I don't think there is a better player than Hazard in PL now with Suarez gone and Ozil in his worst form ever.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Sanchez has had a better season than hazard so far. What's so funny?

Also Lol at admits. He is probably top 10 in the league tbh.

Last edited by RealGunner on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Marcelo is also a better left winger than Hazard.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm begining to highly suspect hazards sense of judgement at this point. ffs this guy even has the nerve to talk about being the top 6 players in the world? LoL. This guy isn't even the best player in his team, infact he isn't even a top 5 player in the league on any criteria, be it talent or performance..this guy has never being a top 20 player even after having a team built around him for 3 seasons now..btw, let's not even talk about his wc or else this thread might end up getting banned. I actually lost all respect for him after the wc, the worst individual performance i saw from a player in a tournament in my 22 years of watching football. i mean wasn't the wc a first for james too? Or is that suppose to be some sort of excuse? Honestly, this guy is just a step from being a headless chicken.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Lmao.

He's one of the most overrated players going, hardly ever performs and for the most part is far too timid and defers to his team mates all the time.

He's a more talented version of Nasri, everyone knows what he has but he rarely shows it.

Just going on his own team I can name at least 4 MIDFIELDERS who have been more consistent, important and all round contributors to Chelsea.

I couldn't care less about how talented he is, show me don't tell me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:56 pm

You guys are just shitting on this dude.......
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:58 pm

I like Hazard. I've defended him plenty. But he's disappointed me because he's shown little to no progress since joining the EPL. In fact, i'd argue that his first 3 months in the EPL were his best.

He's a good player with great skill. But he's Cassano to me... until he proves otherwise.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:He's better than Ribery

Sorry, no.

Ribery for Bayern:
96 goals, 139 assists in 277 games or 21354 minutes
equals 0.85 assist or goal per game or one assist/goal every 91 minutes

Hazard for Chelsea:
32 goals, 37 assists in 121 games or 9.193 minutes
equals 0.57 assist or goal per game or one assist/goal every 133 minutes.

Add to that 4 Bundesliga titles, 4 German Cups, a CL trophy and some serious defensive work.

So, again, sorry, but no.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Question: He didn't play at his preferred position at Chelsea last year, is he playing there this year? (Haven't watched Chelsea at all this year)
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:13 pm

his " preferred " position at Lille was anywhere in the trio behind the striker .

i'm pretty sure he played there at chelsea since the first game he played there .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:16 pm

farfan wrote:his " preferred " position at Lille was anywhere in the trio behind the striker .

i'm pretty sure he played there at chelsea since the first game he played there .

I said LAST YEAR, you know, when Mou arrived.

I'm pretty sure the style of play Chelsea used last year wasn't what suited him or got the best out of him no matter where he played.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next