sportsczy
LeSwagg James
Valkyrja
Doc
Zealous
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona Empty El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Must win game for us. Carlo has to prove he can lead us to the league this season.

We're at home and are playing well. No excuses.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona Empty Re: El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Post by Doc Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 pm

I think Hala or Valk would have to say something positive on this one because I'm just a big old negative Nancy with this game. Fully expecting one of the following:
1) Bale and/or Benzema to be mediocre
2) Ronaldo to be really mediocre
3) Marcelo to lose his marker every chance he could
4) Ramos to either not be able to read an offside trap or give way a penalty
5) Carlo to use the wrong personnel
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona Empty Re: El Clasico - Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Doc wrote:I think Hala or Valk would have to say something positive on this one because I'm just a big old negative Nancy with this game. Fully expecting one of the following:
1) Bale and/or Benzema to be mediocre
2) Ronaldo to be really mediocre
3) Marcelo to lose his marker every chance he could
4) Ramos to either not be able to read an offside trap or give way a penalty
5) Carlo to use the wrong personnel

Not really. I have a bad feeling about his match. Don't think we'll win. I don't fear for Ramos, Marcelo, Bale, Ronaldo etc. I fear for our midfield. Kroos-Modric-James/Isco is a midfield that waits to get destroyed. I hope they and Carlo will prove me wrong, but I don't believe. But if a bad result(draw/lose) would make Carlo play Illarra I'd be half happy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm actually convinced that we can win and win well but obviously we simply don't have any past results to fall back on at the moment.

If we can get it right tactically it might be an embarrassing night for the cules.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 pm

The past 2 games have eased my mind, sure we beat on poor teams but our passing/movement/chemistry was all on point..

We will concede but I think we can outscore them
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:The past 2 games have eased my mind, sure we beat on poor teams but our passing/movement/chemistry was all on point..

We will concede but I think we can outscore them

Yup this is how I feel as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Barca, as always, flood the midfield and force our mids to make plays.  I don't think Kroos is equipped to handle pressure any more than Alonso was.  Since Bale is injured, Isco is going to have to make plays.... they're going to focus on Modric and Kroos and betting on Isco to make bad decisions.

Honestly, I don't think Isco is ready for that.  James would have been a better call since he has better vision and passing ability to go with dribbling.  Maybe Carlo keeps James in the midfield and puts Isco on the right hand side.... but i doubt it.

Neymar is in top form and Messi is in better form than last year.  You also have Suarez making his debut.

This is going to be a tough one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:Barca, as always, flood the midfield and force our mids to make plays.  I don't think Kroos is equipped to handle pressure any more than Alonso was.  Since Bale is injured, Isco is going to have to make plays.... they're going to focus on Modric and Kroos and betting on Isco to make bad decisions.

Honestly, I don't think Isco is ready for that.  James would have been a better call since he has better vision and passing ability to go with dribbling.  Maybe Carlo keeps James in the midfield and puts Isco on the right hand side.... but i doubt it.

Neymar is in top form and Messi is in better form than last year.  You also have Suarez making his debut.

This is going to be a tough one.

who'll be super-motivated. Modric and Kroos have to step up. I don't have any concerns about Isco really, he'll have a great game.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Isco got eaten alive by Barca last season when given a chance and his big problem is that he doesn't release the ball fast... a big issue against Barca.

Alonso/Di Maria are much better than Kroos/Isco mainly because the difference defensively is a chasm.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:46 pm

We will be fine if we play a 4-4-2 formation. Isco has improved his defending by leap and bounds. Not worried about him. Little worried for Kroos though, to succeed against Barca you need a sweeper in midfield but Kroos likes to get up and pressure which might expose our midfield.

Bale injured would be a blessing in disguise for us, no offence. Isco on the left, James on the right and Ronaldo and Benzema up top and we will be favourites
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah i'm not too worried about Isco defensively... but i do worry that he tries something fancy in a dangerous place and we get countered by Barca. I hope he releases the ball early and only takes risks if there's good enough cover.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Well if Isco replicates his performance against Barca in the CdR final he should be OK.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 pm

I genuinely regard Bale highly but it really is a blessing that he is not available for the Clasico. Really unfortunate that he is injured again but I could see him being a serious hindrance to which Hala would just about lose his shit with regards to him and of course, I'll die a little bit more inside Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Zealous wrote:Well if Isco replicates his performance against Barca in the CdR final he should be OK.

He was one of our best players. Great performance from him that night, on both ends. Isco's close control and dribbling could be very useful against Barca's pressing.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Relax. We will be conceding and losing for the first time in the league.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Damn dat elite reverse jinx attempt Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 am

why u no play bale? Now u've made the game almost impossible for us to win u pos! Anyway, bravo to finally concede for us.

-25% Trolling - Devi
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am

Bankz wrote:why u no play bale? Now u've made the game almost impossible for us to win u pos! Anyway, bravo to finally concede for us.

You're trying to hard to be funny .
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 pm

In his press confrence today Carlo said there might be surprises in the starting XI Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Zealous wrote:In his press confrence today Carlo said there might be surprises in the starting XI Laughing

Khedira :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Khedira is the bloody surprise :facepalm:

Just when we thought we found our balance Carlo throws that on us :brickwall:

Or Varane for Ramos hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Jese outta nowhere hmm

Khedira won't be a problem if he starts as long as it isn't for Isco. Kroos-Modric is too light against barca.

Who will he sacrifice?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 pm

It's going to be Pepe-Ramos and Khedira for Isco... and i'm going to be very annoyed if we don't win as a result Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 pm

I dont think being lightweight is a problem against Barca. We don't absorb pressure like we did last season, we pressure from high up and keep possession when we have the ball. Having Khedira is a liability unless we want to sit back and play on the counter in our own bloody stadium
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:58 pm

carlo say ramos will play :facepalm:
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next