McAgger
nasir6371
Doc
izzy
RED
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Balotelli Shirt Swapping at Half Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli Shirt Swapping at Half Time

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 pm

The guy is mentally retarded. What would you expect from him ? He's a good man though.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Balotelli Shirt Swapping at Half Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli Shirt Swapping at Half Time

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:57 pm

RED wrote:I'm surprised many of you don't find this a big deal. Had a Utd player who has been garbage thus far, plus with a poor attitude, did this, I'd be peeved off.

Maybe some of you will react different had this happened to one of your players. Maybe.

In your scenario you're peeved off that your player is playing like garbage. The actual shirt swapping is not the issue or at least it shouldn't be.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 pm

I can see why the shirt-swapping would rile some people up, and if he was going to do that at half-time (kind of dumb), he should have AT LEAST waited until he got into the tunnel or told Pepe to wait until after the game..

His attitude and lack of any verbal communication on the pitch always makes it seem to me that he doesn't really care much and is just there to have fun like it's a Sunday pub league match or something. It's irritating to me because it's his job as a professional to give his all but it just seems like he's a lifeless mime out there with no real expressions who can't wait for the ref to blow the whistle so he can go home. Watching him I usually get the sense that he lacks genuine passion for football and that's bad for any pro, not to mention a very talented player.

He had a few nice passes today (the low cross to Allen for example) , but he had his share of wtf scratch passes as well even though 'Pool were getting overwhelmed, he struggled to get into the game in the same way that Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard were doing.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Zealous wrote:
RED wrote:I'm surprised many of you don't find this a big deal. Had a Utd player who has been garbage thus far, plus with a poor attitude, did this, I'd be peeved off.

Maybe some of you will react different had this happened to one of your players. Maybe.

In your scenario you're peeved off that your player is playing like garbage. The actual shirt swapping is not the issue or at least it shouldn't be.

nah, it'll just add to the frustrations.

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I can see why the shirt-swapping would rile some people up, and if he was going to do that at half-time (kind of dumb), he should have AT LEAST waited until he got into the tunnel or told Pepe to wait until after the game..

Yep.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I wonder if Roy Keane was his manager ... Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:13 pm

He's just a scapegoat now simply. This thread wouldn't even have been created had he scored against Everton or QPR last weekend.

HE *bleep* SWAPPED SHIRTS AT HALFTIME!?!?!?!? OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!1111
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 pm

He's been made to be a scapegoat but he's still absolute wank lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Gil wrote:He's just a scapegoat now simply. This thread wouldn't even have been created had he scored against Everton or QPR last weekend.

Oh, you mean do his job?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 pm

He's been a failed experiment thus far. He only has one LAST chance when Sturridge returns to see if he can actually perform next to another quality player.

Otherwise he's probably gone in the summer if not sooner.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh *bleep* off, even Carlo in his presser said Balotelli caused them the most problems and attacked the space the most out of every other player. Hell, even that manc *bleep* Neville pointed it out several times during the game.

45 minutes later, 3-0 down after another defensive shambles & apparently he wasn't running around enough and was lazy and lethargic.

This is just a case of people judging him for his past endeavours rather than what's actually happening right before their very own eyes. Apart from Coutinho and Sterling I can't think of a single player in a Liverpool shirt that played better than him in those opening 45 minutes.

The only thing Balotelli did bad tonight was run into a couple of defenders rather than passing to Sterling. The best in the World made that same mistake on about 3 separate occasions.

That piece of shit Suarez racially abused Evra and bit Ivanovic yet Liverpool fans still backed him. Balo swaps shirts with Pepe and it's the most unprofessional thing ever apparently.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Gil wrote:Oh *bleep* off, even Carlo in his presser said Balotelli caused them the most problems and attacked the space the most out of every other player. Hell, even that manc *bleep* Neville pointed it out several times during the game.

45 minutes later, 3-0 down after another defensive shambles & apparently he wasn't running around enough and was lazy and lethargic.

This is just a case of people judging him for his past endeavours rather than what's actually happening right before their very own eyes. Apart from Coutinho and Sterling I can't think of a single player in a Liverpool shirt that played better than him in those opening 45 minutes.

The only thing Balotelli did bad tonight was run into a couple of defenders rather than passing to Sterling. The best in the World made that same mistake on about 3 separate occasions.

That piece of shit Suarez racially abused Evra and bit Ivanovic yet Liverpool fans still backed him. Balo swaps shirts with Pepe and it's the most unprofessional thing ever apparently.

Suarez used to win game after game for them and ran like a mad man for 90+ mins every match. Can't compare him with Balo.I admit that I'm kind of a fan of his antics but he has mental problems. He is a nice human being from what I've seen though. I give him that.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Gil wrote:Oh *bleep* off, even Carlo in his presser said Balotelli caused them the most problems and attacked the space the most out of every other player. Hell, even that manc *bleep* Neville pointed it out several times during the game..

Carlo must of been being nice then.

He did fck all, had no impact and was basically passenger.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 pm

i think balo's days of bouncing between " big " clubs are numbered .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Everywhere Balotelli goes, he is rated as a  scapegoat  by some ppl.
Being a scapegoat presupposes the existence of a problem .
And if is he the problem ?.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Liverpool were struggling before they signed him. He's not the problem. The problem is that everyone expects more from him than he's capable of providing on a regular basis.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:41 am

I agree that the English media always has to scapegoat someone after one of there darling EPL teams fail to impress in Europe and that person is usually foreign especially when they have the good ole boys preview shows with the all pumping up how good the EPL is and how Pool or anyone else might knick Madrid or other said better team.

But in this case I don't think that's the case. For a guy new to a club who has been under performing, just wait until after the game to trade shirts, there is no reason other than being an idiot, selfish or just dumb to do it 3-0 down at halftime in Pool's biggest home game of the year nd return to big boy football.

It's bad form and I know it's not the custom in other sports to trade jerseys but this would not stand in any other sport and again they have the end of the game to do it.

If I was Gerrard in the locker room and seen Balotelli who replaced a bulldog like Suarez jogging in with no jersey on and a Madrid jersey in his hand and playing badly my head might explode.

IT just isn't OK. The competition isn't over, trading shirts at halftime is for friendlies or pre-season games or for a promotion team in awe of said player, not Pool vs Madrid Champions League tie. Again just do it after the game.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:54 am

Nah, if this were any other footballer this would be brushed aside or under the rug. It's because it is Balotelli and the media have been aching for him to do something stupid. So now that he finally did they're blowing it out of proportion.

And it's not just English media, Balo was almost solely blamed for Italy's WC, which was very unfair in my opinion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:10 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Nah, if this were any other footballer this would be brushed aside or under the rug. It's because it is Balotelli and the media have been aching for him to do something stupid. So now that he finally did they're blowing it out of proportion.

And it's not just English media, Balo was almost solely blamed for Italy's WC, which was very unfair in my opinion.

That is false.

Sahko did the same last year and got torn a new one by the media.
Andre Santos did the same a couple years back and swapped shirts RVP at halftime and got ripped.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:13 am

Might have been noticed, but this is the first time I'm hearing of both incidents. Considering I'm a fairly active member of this community and that I read sports news regularly it seems that this particular incident is gaining far more traction than either one of those.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Might have been noticed, but this is the first time I'm hearing of both incidents. Considering I'm a fairly active member of this community and that I read sports news regularly it seems that this particular incident is gaining far more traction than either one of those.

Don't know what you were doing then....

Sahko was dropped for multiple games for that.

Andre Santos? Death threats, calls for Wenger to never pick him to be anywhere near a Matchday team. Was basically the reason why he was shipped off (that and he was utter shite).
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 am

edit .

i need some sleep.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 am

so i've been busy all day with exams and all i keep hearing about is how balotelli swapped shirts.
why is no one talking about the spanking madrid gave liverpool..?
seems like a scapegoat to me.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 am

I don't like that tbh. The game isn't finished and only one thing should be on your mind, destroy the opponent. Leave that shxt for the end of the game.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:00 am

If Rodgers subbed him off for that, the joke's on him. If any player was going to score at least a consolation goal it was Balotelli. Not Lallana lmao.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 am

i'm not a fan of shirt swaps at halftime especially when the team is losing...its not just an england thing, that day when messi violated leverkusen and they lost like 7 or 8 zero, two of their players (one of them was the skipper) had a little spat at halftime when one player took messi's kit (the skipper who i think had agreed to swap with messi before the game started took it from the other player. when the game ended, at full time the player who seemed to have no shame with the result went again to get messi's second jersey)....rudi voller was furious at it, and i think leverkusen ended up seizing both jerseys from both players....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

Would this even be a thread if Mario Balotelli wasn't involved? Stop being so melodramatic ffs. I never understood why people waste their time arguing over pointless crap and I still don't. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next