Valkyrja
BarcaLearning
Harmonica
Winter is Coming
RealGunner
45 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 am

United fans doe

"He came because we are a big club and still relevant" rofl

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:15 am

As I have been saying for years now, Busquets is useless.  Its very hard for Messi and Iniesta to do anything when no one even attempts to mark Busquets.  Selling Yaya to keep Busquets is just pure insanity (even Pep realized it like 1 year later as one of the biggest mistakes of his career)

Mou pretty much laid the foundation for the "stop Barca plan" and IMO it's very basic, don't even worry about Busquets because he has no balls and all though he is one of the the only tall people on the team he is zero threat in the air and glues himself to the same part of the field all game long making 5 yard passes.  Ignore him and use the extra man to clog the middle of the field.  This was harder when when Xavi was still elite but playing both of them just really can't be done anymore see Spain.

Why Pique still plays is beyond me.  I have no answer for that.

I thought the game really turned on that Messi miss from point blank.  He makes that 99% of the time.  2-0 up and I think Barca at least get out of there with a tie or even a win but when you give Madrid extra chances to get back in/kill a game  there going to take them.

One other thing, IMO Dani Alves used to win the battle between him and Marcelo pretty much all the time (I used to be excited when Marcelo was in the lineup vs us), he was skinned alive today.  Marcelo was electric, Benzema was excellent, I thought Isco played well and Ronaldo was decent but they didn't really need much out of him (I really wish he would stop diving) the guy is so talented and a physical freak I've never understood why he feels he needs to Dive, if he just keeps his feet most of the time he will get the PK he's looking for and maybe even a Red Card or ghost past to score.

All in all, Madrid were better but Barca had a 20 minute window where they could have put a couple goals in and changed the pace of the game/pegged Madrid back.

Congrat's on the win.

One exciting thing though, when Suarez gets fully match fit and blends with Messi and Neymar OMG, watch out it's going to be insane.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:guess who dat?

El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 B000DG5CIAIcqFU

Proud

rofl

Supporting his fellow countryman making his debut in the biggest club game in the world. Top bloke. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Not like he is going on social media acting like a douche, swapping shirts at HT, while playing utterly rubbish and having a cba attitude.

Could be much worse...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:30 am

Zealous wrote:But but Di Maria...

but our shaky defence...

but but dat Barca clean sheet record..

rofl

says the guy who predicted a barça win :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:40 am

modric with 100% pass completion

:bow: carletto
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:41 am

farfan wrote:

but our shaky defence...

rofl

Your not new to these forums, so you should know that is what we call a reverse jinx.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:54 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
farfan wrote:

but our shaky defence...

rofl

Your not new to these forums, so you should know that is what we call a reverse jinx.

i'm not buying it .
zeal's prediction was oozing with pessimism and didn't have the usual lightheartedness of reverse jinx posts :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:09 am

Meh Zealous was just going for that win-win situation.

If RM loses, proven right. he wins.
If RM wins, though proven wrong, still wins because his team won.

albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 am

Madrid deserved the 3 points. Great performance. Suarez will still guide FCB to the BBVA. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:22 am

Red Alert wrote:Madrid deserved the 3 points. Great performance. Suarez will still guide FCB to the BBVA. :coffee:

Barcelona's Biting Video Awards? :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:05 am

Don't call me James wrote:United fans doe

"He came because we are a big club and still relevant" rofl

you guys couldn't afford him if he had a clue who you were Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:28 am

zigra wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
And its also really sad to Messi continue his decline, its clear hes struggling vs the top teams nowadays?

I thought everyone said he was great against PSG?

jontsu wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
And its also really sad to Messi continue his decline, its clear hes struggling vs the top teams nowadays?

He isn't declining, there's little he can do while constantly surrounded by 3 players. He had bad luck with finishing, other than that he setup his teammates few times with good passes.

I didnt watch the PGS game, so cant comment, but I thought its been clear for a long while now, especially at the WC, Messi is clearly off his best physically. Imho, that split second difference in everything he does meaning he fails rather than succeed in many things be it shooting, dribbling, controlling, pace, acceleration, etc., all adds up to all the end result and performances we see these days, just a clear step down from his best. I have come to accept it, but still.... he wont have that explosiveness all the time and adjusting his game and I think he will be more of a provider to Neymar and Suarez if they can evolve that together.

Anyway, I dont see any other reason than this, hes been surrounded and countered against for years now and didnt have so many problems in the past.

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:some tactical experts have been humbled today

Michael Cox wrote:the midfield is more questionable, but ultimately Real's has a glaring weakness defensively that Barca don't

Barcelona have conceded 0 goals in 8 league games, which has never previously been done. That explains the defence

this is what happens when you watch games on whoscored.com rofl

This is why journalists get paid peanuts and actual managers are getting that justin beiber money.

Goes to show the difference between the real workers in football and the journalist, not saying hes not good, but I wont believe everything they write or at least their opinions anymore as its hard for even them to know everything and be right.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:40 am

journalists today are lazy and sensationalist... the worst of all combos.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 am

Wtf was that team selection by Enrique? Playing a midfield of Iniesta, Busquets and Xavi against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu? This is not 2010.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 am

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:guess who dat?

El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 B000DG5CIAIcqFU

Proud

rofl

I love this man ffs Proud

Yanited tho Laughing

LOOOOOL rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:32 am

farfan wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
farfan wrote:

i'm not buying it .
zeal's prediction was oozing with pessimism and didn't have the usual lightheartedness of reverse jinx posts :coffee:

Agree. He was serious, and therefore actually doesn't deserve to celebrate this. Defeatist.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 am

farfan wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
farfan wrote:

i'm not buying it .

lol my reverse jinx technique is elite. If you want to see noob reverse jinxes you only have to look at Futbol's numerous threads :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Zealous wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Zealous wrote:Anyway Kroos has shifted the midfield battle in favor of Madrid after today.

The kid was immense, he may as well play in a three piece suit because sometimes if feels like dictating games without breaking a sweat.

It feels like that because he actually isn't. Doesn't do anything besides passing a couple of yards sideways tbh. Barca were a joke, not really hard to dominate them.

As for Suarez, first game, two dives. Let's face it he is a terrible, terrible guy.
Disgrace of a sportsman, deserves no respect at all.

lmao the butthurt is real Laughing

Kroos played great, he even defended decently, something Bayern fans said he wouldn't do lol.

Agree about Suarez, on his debut he managed to pull out one of the dives of the season against Ramos lol

Nah. I never rated Kroos at all. He's a passenger, looks casual when he's got space and anonymous when he doesn't. In both cases, he doesn't contribute much.

That always was my opinion. If you don't believe me or think this is butthurt, I challenge you to find any post of mine stating otherwise.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:58 pm

El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 25fc9cf0-5cd1-11e4-82b1-9109a49f4dd9_xavi_630x331

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:31 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona[25/10/14] - Post Match Discussion - Page 4 25fc9cf0-5cd1-11e4-82b1-9109a49f4dd9_xavi_630x331

rofl

looking for excuses
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:57 pm

:facepalm:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:57 pm

im converted
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:08 pm

What i thought key feature of the game was enrique playing Neymar-Messi-Suarez.

Suarez didnt track back, period. For all the talk about being a hard working player, he has no experience tracking a full back closer to his goal and he never tracked Marcelo who bombarded their left side. I dont think superstar like suarez is going to track back like pedro for example.

Messi initially pressed and man marked Tony kroos but after 30 minute or so he started walking..second half was him just standing.

Neymar with his half hearted tracking back. He clearly dont like tracking back/off the ball works and even though he does press really good i dont see the same initiation of tracking the full back into his own half.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Lets stop all these pressing excuses, barca lost fair and square, end of. Such an embarasing performance from the squad as a whole..it's only in our (barca) threads that you see words like pressing for about 58462 times like its some new kind of mojo..we've won big games before without people giving a shit bout pressing and with huge margins too..how many high profile players press the ball actively for 90mins? This isn't mous team where everybody needs to be centre defenders ffs..barca are too talented to not win a game without pressing..while pressing is foundamental in todays game, pls lets not act like pressing is the new sliced bread..or do we think we actually wanted the record more than messi himself? Fine he was majorly sub-par today but then again, thats football, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't.we dont have to make a scapegoat all the time.so, pls lets give messi a break, as not everything is about messi..afterall barca this season has basically been all about neymar and messi saving our asses every and i mean EVERY *bleeping* week with all they've got,(neymar himself has 8 goals from his last 9 shots on target). ..congrats to deserved winners madrid..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:33 pm

You can win without pressing I agree but if you're not going to then you have two options.

A) Make sure you track back and keep your team's defensive shape.

B) If you're not tracking back punish the opposing player for pushing up by scoring a goal.

Neymar did A) but as a result was always too deep when he got the ball.

Suarez assumed he could get away with not doing A) and hoped B would work out. Except Marcelo pushed up anyway and punished Barca for not tracking him.

Messi was pressing at first but then faded away completely.

All in all it was a very tame display from the front three.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Bankz wrote:Lets stop all these pressing excuses, barca lost fair and square, end of. Such an embarasing performance from the squad as a whole..it's only in our (barca) threads that you see words like pressing for about 58462 times like its some new kind of mojo..we've won big games before without people giving a shit bout pressing and with huge margins too..how many high profile players press the ball actively for 90mins? This isn't mous team where everybody needs to be centre defenders ffs..barca are too talented to not win a game without pressing..while pressing is foundamental in todays game, pls lets not act like pressing is the new sliced bread..or do we think we actually wanted the record more than messi himself? Fine he was majorly sub-par today but then again, thats football, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't.we dont have to make a scapegoat all the time.so, pls lets give messi a break, as not everything is about messi..afterall barca this season has basically been all about neymar and messi saving our asses every and i mean EVERY *bleeping* week with all they've got,(neymar himself has 8 goals from his last 9 shots on target). ..congrats to deserved winners madrid..

I'm pretty sure Barca dominated in the last few years BECAUSE of the pressing. They pressed the opponents like crazy, there inhumane pressing is what started all these silly HGH rumors, and what influenced other teams in Europe to try and replicate the system.

I'm not saying you have to press ti win though, but if you didn't, you have to atleast track back, or be compacted at the back.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next