sportsczy
Zealous
MaraVilla
BarrileteCosmico
Donuts
Kick
12 posters

Go down

Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban Empty Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban

Post by Kick Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 am

World Cup winner Zinedine Zidane has been suspended from coaching for three months for taking charge of a team without the right qualifications.
The Spanish Football Federation has banned the former France midfielder for leading Real Madrid Castilla, the European champions' reserve side.
Zidane's assistant Santiago Sanchez has also received a three-month ban.
Real issued a statement declaring their "absolute disagreement" with the decision, which they intend to fight.
The club said Zidane "has been authorised by the French Football Federation to work as a head coach in the category Real Madrid Castilla currently find themselves in".
Real's statement concluded: "Real Madrid will pursue every available legal avenue so that this decision is overturned."
Zidane was appointed reserve-team coach in the summer after working as assistant to Carlo Ancelotti last season, which ended with Real winning the Champions League.
The former France midfielder spent five seasons with Real as a player after joining from Juventus in 2001 for £45.8m, then a world-record fee.
He scored the winner as Real beat Bayer Leverkusen to win the Champions League in 2002, and was named World Footballer of the Year for a third time in 2003, having received the award in 1998 and 2000.
His playing career ended in controversy when he was sent off in the 2006 World Cup final - his last match before retiring - for headbutting Italy defender Marco Materazzi in the chest.
Zidane worked as an adviser to Real president Florentino Perez before he was appointed the club's sporting director in 2011.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29795764
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:16 am

maybe now they can get to the top half of the third division :coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid coach gets three-month coaching ban

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:17 am

I don't really get how he gets fined and RM don't. They were the ones to let an unlicensed coach to take over their team Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:50 am

goood riddance, castilla might win more than 5 games this season :coffee:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:58 am

lol Madrid are having none of it

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/10/official-statement

He has his qualifications from the FFF which in theory should be sufficient.

This will get overturned imo
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Not only that he has UEFA A license (got it in September)...  for 3rd division football, that's way more than enough.  He'll have his UEFA Pro license by March.

The issue is that, in France, the program to get your managing license takes 3 years.  It's very comprehensive.  The one in Spain takes 3 months and is very minimalistic.  So in essence, Zidane is going for a PHD degree and, when he's about to get it...  suddenly they're asking him for his high school diploma lol.  As Zidane said himself:  He could have gone the easy route and taken the diploma program in Spain.  But he wanted to get the most comprehensive training possible AND, as he said...  "I'm French.  I'm the product of the French system.  That's what i know and that's what i wanted to get trained in."

Very, very dumb.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:05 pm

I dont understand this issue, like the root problem.

Even if lets say Zidane had zero coaching qualifications.

If Madrid want to hire him, why the hell not?

I've never understood this situation, not 10-12 years ago when I first remember hearing a similar complaint about a coach in England (cant remember who) and I dont understand now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont understand this issue, like the root problem.

I've never understood this situation, not 10-12 years ago when I first remember hearing a similar complaint about a coach in England (cant remember who) and I dont understand now.

You and me both lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:41 pm

http://www.fff.fr/articles/la-fff/details-articles/144413-552929-communique-de-la-fff

Official press release:

The French Football Federation has again brought its support to Zinedine ZIdane after the decision by the Spanish federation to sanction him for not having the proper diploma.

The French Football Federation directly contacted the president of the Spanish federation to inform him that they have sanctioned the choice of Zinedine ZIdane to pursue the French curriculum for his managerial diploma, the BEPF, despite the UEFA rule that allows a manager to practice his profession while in process of obtaining the diploma.

In parallel, the DTN (direction technique national) has sent the Spanish federation all the documents proving the Zinedine ZIdane has professionally and continuously pursued the path towards obtaining the credits for his diploma.

For Noel Le Graet, “it is absurd that a football player as emblematic as Zinedine Zidane, who has decided to pursue the French managerial diploma that is accepted worldwide, cannot practice his profession although the UEFA rules allow it.”
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

This just got interesting.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:34 pm

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/11/21/primera/1416583348_690594.html

Appeal confirmed by the TAS. Case over... Zidane can coach without any issues now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Laughing

That didn't last long.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 pm

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that world cup winning players can coach without any specific license.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 am

farfan wrote:i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that world cup winning players can coach without any specific license.

Laughing Laughing Please find out where.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:59 am

The reason administrators don't want unqualified people coaching is because it is assumed that qualified coaches are better than unqualified coaches and will lift the standard of football and the standard of professionalism in the league. It is good reasoning and I think even successful former footballers should have the minimum standard coaching license. Admittedly, for a club like Real Madrid the administrators should know that the club are always going to hire someone who is competent. However, the rule obviously dissuades smaller clubs from hiring unqualified, unprofessional staff.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:44 am

That is on par with Muntari's red card with Inter Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Forza wrote:

The reason administrators don't want unqualified people coaching is because it is assumed that qualified coaches are better than unqualified coaches and will lift the standard of football and the standard of professionalism in the league. It is good reasoning and I think even successful former footballers should have the minimum standard coaching license. Admittedly, for a club like Real Madrid the administrators should know that the club are always going to hire someone who is competent. However, the rule obviously dissuades smaller clubs from hiring unqualified, unprofessional staff.

That should be the clubs choice, shouldnt be taken away from them.

Does anyone need a licence to be a president? Of course not...but they go ahead and make football decisions anyway.

This is coming from someone who spent time and money getting some of the licences, I still feel that they arent necessarily at a certain point.

Its more important as the lower levels if anything. But when we speak about pro football...the coaches have to know what they are doing, or they are quickly found out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:42 pm

It shouldn't be required.  For example, having CPA in the US or CA in the UK for accountancy is an accreditation...  firms/people can CHOOSE to require it.  But it's their choice.  They can hire someone who doesn't have it, including the public accounting firms.

If a person wants to get the football licenses, it should be so that their CV looks better...  maybe it will give them a competitive advantage to get a job.  But it should never be a requirement.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Even when the Spanish Federation do their job, they still find a way to mess up.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum