CBarca
The Franchise
futbol
windkick
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Predict the result

FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]
FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah, if you're playing Suarez out wide, he won't be as good as he would be centrally.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1

Post by futbol Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:38 pm

I don't understand why the club is so obsessed with 4-3-3. It doesn't suit the player material anymore. This is the same bollocks as chasing Vermaelen, Agger and Co. in the transfer market in 2014, as if Zubi discovered the old notes of Pep from the trash can. Suarez and Neymar are stuck between fullback and centerback. They are neither playing on the wings permanently because they aren't wingers nor in the center permanently because you don't need 3 strikers in the box all the time. Instead they are trying to do a bit of both and end up looking confused. Same with the central midfielders. When Neymar and Suarez come inside the CMs have to split to defend the wide areas. Alternating from defending the flanks without the ball and playmaking through the middle with the ball is impossible => no shape. Suarez playing centrally invites Alves into the RW space which is useless as the only thing he will do is cross it and concede possession while leaving space behind.

The player material is tailor made for 4-2-3-1, how is that not obvious to everyone? Suarez to play as a CF where he belongs, Neymar on the left wing (instead of his current striker-poacher role, he needs to play deeper and contribute in the buildup with dribbles and passes), Pedro on the right wing (there is no one else for that position unfortunately), Messi behind Suarez as the #10. Get Mascherano and Busquets or Mascherano and Rakitic as a double pivot right behind to provide the defensive base. 98 out of 100 teams play in that shape (for good reason). Suddenly there is a clear offensive and defensive shape. Neymar and Pedro tasked to take on/track fullbacks and make it a bank of four alongside the CDMs without the ball. Suarez to press the centerbacks. Messi to press the DMs. Mascherano and Rakitic/Busquets to distribute the ball and close down the middle.

Suarez
Neymar Messi Pedro
Mascherano Rakitic
Alba Mathieu Bartra Alves
ter Stegen

Player material is not fully optimal (Gündogan instead of Rakitic, Reus instead of Pedro and an elite defender instead of Bartra would make the team complete, with the first priority being an elite defender and the last priority being Reus) but the overall shape still suits everyone. Obviously the emphasis would be a lot less on possession and "controlling games" and more on direct play into space but so what? With Xaviesta in their 30s midfield dominance is a thing of the past anyway.

I give up.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Rakitic was not exactly successful playing as a DM in the WC if I recall correctly.

Sevilla just blew it but if Valencia win their next game we will go to 4th place Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Can't Rakitic play RW/RM ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rakitic was not exactly successful playing as a DM in the WC if I recall correctly.

Sevilla just blew it but if Valencia win their next game we will go to 4th place Laughing

As I said, it's not optimal. Gündogan would be the perfect fit for this system. But it's not a big shift either in Rakitic's game. In the World Cup he played alongside Modric as the defensive part of the duo in a clueless collective. Despite the hyped Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic trio there was no proper midfield play from Croatia. Alongside Mascherano he certainly has the attributes to play the offensive part of a double pivot though.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:14 pm

But this is just theory anyway. Far too up their own asses in Catalunya to try something different. Only one who tried a different approach since Pep was Tata and he got chased out of town for winning 4-0 away from home with only 49 % possession, reverted back to the same old stale sideway passes as demanded by everyone and decided after new year that he didn't want to put up with that bollocks for much longer.

Enrique: "I think in almost all the games we've won possession and, even though that's not what counts, I'm not going to change my mentality nor our approach." Why? Because Barça "is always better off with the ball."

Good luck fellow Culacticos. We'll need it until 2016. The goal is not winning games anymore. It is being better off while keeping the ball. The Rijkaard days when Puyol was the shortest player on the pitch and Barca outmuscled prime Chelsea at Stamford Bridge never existed.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Yea we picked a bad season to not play at our best. Valencia, Atletico, Celta, Villareal, and Sevilla are all regurlaly putting out top notch performances. The table is extremely tight 10 games in up at the top.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Mustafi is killing Villarreal right now. Great game
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:17 pm

look at fuball taking all my formations and tactics i had discussed with windkick :wub: i still love you
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 am

So I chose to re-watch the game again, because other than the Manc derby none of the other games really interested me on name alone this Sunday.

So, my conclusions? I guess its best to break it into parts because its quite long.

0-25 minutes

Alot of good being done, mistakes kept to the bare minimum. One Mascherano, Mathieu and Alba give away each from passes in their own half, but nothing came of them. Ill put this down to none of the 3 being elite footballers but small errors they couldnt avoid, no criminal mistakes and no real harm done here. Alves also gives the ball away inside his defensive third, miscontrolling an aerial ball with his chest, but he recovers to win the tackle and again, no harm done.

Celta have had 2 chances (not to be confused with shots) on the counter attack after Messi and Suarez gave balls away (Messi through over dribbling too far from goal and thus no chance to press, Suarez pass backwards to nobody) but we transitioned quite well and defended them.

In attack, looked good, made some decent chances and Neymar was unlucky to hit the bar. Neymar might have scored from a half chance and a full on headed chance but its encouraging more than anything. Suarez playing quite wide, not being found inside the box at all.

Not super high pressing, "we" are allowing the CB to have the ball in the first 25% of the field, but as soon as it enters the next 4th of the pitch, the midfield are right on them. We are forcing balls to be played to the fullbacks and then trapping them against the sidelines. So its a decent defensive performance so far here and a fair enough plan with good defensive shape. No true Celta possession play past the half way line.

Overall, all thats missing is the goal really. A positive start.

25-HT

Messi no longer playing as a 10 if thats what we call him now. Standing no more than 2m from the CB. Barca looking a bit like a broken team with him not bothering to move towards the ball. First poor give away pass from the back, Mascherano's pass was poor but he wouldnt have been in the position if we didnt have to pass backwards because there was no link between midfield and attack. No harm done in terms of chance conceded, however this is now the first time Celta have meaningful possession and we are chasing the ball and being reactive rather than proactive (with the pressure). We never receive safe possession back before Celta are now controlling the ball inside the box for a shot which had to be blocked for a corner, leading to a free header (Busquets's fault) which Bravo saves. The good early start is starting to fade away and its becoming a real game now.

Celta again on the attack straight away, horrible positioning from Alba and then he gets manhandled trying to recover. Cross comes in, Alves good defensive header at the back post up against Nolito.

Messi and Suarez swap for a moment when we are being high pressured. Mascherano goes long, Suarez controls and finds Messi on the right flank. Nothing comes of it, but you wonder if this was an intentional switch or just for a brief moment. Messi has a chance a few seconds later, he refuses to use his right foot and then dribbles into traffic and loses it. We soon after recover the ball, Neymar in the 1 v 1 makes a low cross to Messi who forces a good save from the goalie. No possession play, struggled the last 5 minutes, but high pressing creates a chance.

Dani Alves high pressing wins the ball, sets an attack in motion, ends in Messi 1 v 1 where he beats the goalie but a defender recovers to clear it off the line.

Celta are high pressing us, right to the CB's and keeper. We are going a bit more direct from it and its not working out so badly. We are recovering the second balls and twice sending Suarez into channels. Suarez creates a chance for Messi, who's poor header doesnt hit the target.

Messi and Suarez do seemed to have swapped, the last 10 minutes now it seems to have been intentional. I think the idea here is Suarez moves into the channels and drags the CB's further apart which creates space for a Messi run off the ball into a scoring position. The added bonus is during the high pressing of Celta, we are going a little more direct and the ball isnt being lost so easily because Suarez competes for them but has the quality to find someone with a one touch pass.

Added info: I havent watched Barca in a good 2.5 years with SkySports commentary, I am for this re watch and now I remember why exactly I stopped. How utterly clueless..cant help but wonder how much influence these people have over viewers and hope its as little as possible.

A small, interesting moment. Dani Alves cuts inside with the ball, into a centermid type position. Rakitic makes a run down the right, the prototypical fullback overlapping run. Dani Alves plays a reverse pass to him, Rakitic either didnt read it or doesnt quite have the pace and Alves ball was slightly overhit so nothing comes of it but its an interesting movement and I wonder if its rehearsed or just improvised. Its something to think about as a surprise piece of strategy because Rakitic was completely in the clear if the pass worked out.

Celta's high pressing has caused a cycle now. I counted 6 long balls in a row by Barca. 3 of them were passes (which worked) but 3 are first time clearance type balls from Mascherano and Mathieu (both guilty). Suarez cant bring in every one of them as some arent even near him and us turning over possession so quickly means Celta are able to leave 3 Celta forwards up front and are in a position to put us under pressure straight away. Even if a goalkick goes out to Alba, he isnt trying to look inside to the midfield, he is going directly down the line to a running Suarez...even if Mathieu steals the ball in front of a striker, he runs with it forward and plays a direct pass to a forward.

So the cycle is;

1. We go long under Celta's pressing
2. This directness has some positive results, some negative
3. Celta 3 forwards arent getting back because we are playing direct
4. Ball going back to Celta more frequently due to directness
5. Barca defenders win ball and start by going long because Celta forwards in position to pressure already

And the cycle repeats itself.

Barca have not had any spell of possession since minute 25 (its minute 37 as I type this).

A good philosophical question.

Barca are clearly playing more direct here, on the plus side Suarez is involved and playing his position. Messi has had some chances. Celta arent parking the bus because of the aforementioned cycle. On the negative, we have no control over the game and Celta are for the first time in the game starting to create danger.

Should we continue like this or break the cycle by being more strict to possession? We can do some thing positionally (Dani and Alba could play higher, Busquets could play deeper, we could have better/any rotational movement of the midfield and forwards) but more than that, we are actively choosing to play more directly this part of the game and our choice of pass is of the direct version. Should we be?

Its interesting and a little confusing at this moment why Futbol posts what he posts above. Because right now, we arent playing possession football at all...if this isnt trying something different I dont know what is... its very direct...we look simultaneously more vulnerable and more likely to score. I am more confused as to why Barca have decided to change the way they are playing..chances were being created before, so we arent really gaining anything. Celta are 100% the ones who have forced this change upon us, but this is where you actually set your game style...do you play the same way regardless of the way the opponent is? Also a bit philosophical..its strange to be asking this question vs Celta, when it wasnt needed (the asking of the question) at all vs Madrid.

Dani Alves first cross of the night, minute 39. He high presses, wins it, passes it to someone who loses it, wins it again..its passed back to him. Messi is inside him, he should pass..he crosses...another sign of direct play. Has had a pretty good game up until this moment.

Ive stopped counting how many times we have gone long now. Ill just say this, Mascherano hasnt made a single short pass since minute 25..Mathieu might have made 1...to Busquets, who under pressure passes to Mascherano who goes long and we give the ball away. Couple chances, 1 for Neymar and Suarez each who shoot from the edge of the box.

HT. Not once since the 25 minute has a pass gone from goalkeeper, CB's or fullbacks into the midfield and we have built up play from there. Not one single time. Midfield totally bypassed. Its not even their fault, they are in the positions, but we are choosing a more direct route. Its also causing them to run alot more. They arent getting to recover any energy with possession, they are either getting forward to support the longer ball or getting back to support the defensive and nothing in between.

The 1 time I can say we built up an actual attack, right on the cusp of HT. Messi dropped all the way back to take the ball from Mathieu (sign he was sick of the right wing?), made a couple passes, a dribble, a 1-2 with Neymar, to Suarez in the box who makes a poor cross.

For me, this is proof we dont have to go so direct because we under high pressure. We were patient at the back for a change, it didnt go forward on the first time of asking and we built up play with just 5-6 passes and we are inside their box.

HT - Celta goal

Amazingly, the entire first half the question wasnt asked but it has already, straight from kick off. If the leftback goes forward who goes with him? I can tell you, Suarez doesnt and Messi sure as hell doesnt...Rakitic comes over, the winger goes inside (2 v 2 with the CB's, never a good defensive idea) and Alves and Rakitic combine to win the ball.

The direct play seems to have gone and we have created a great chance from it. Mascherano plays a high ball from CB to RB, a dangerous ball but a good one from my point of view. Mascherano was under pressure and didnt go long and direct. Dani Alves is under pressure, Celta arent relenting from their plan, but he navigates the press well and sprints away from the winger. He plays a pass to Saurez who plays it inside to Rakitic..Rakitic must be surprised he actually gets a pass but none the less shovels it to Messi who plays a wonderful ball into the box to an overlapping Alba..more proof we dont have to go so direct..Alba low crosses to Neymar who's effort hit the bar, should score. We are back to actually building up play from the back with passes. Rakitic maybe in fear it will turn back into hoofball and wont touch it again shoots from all of 40m lol but its a good opening couple minutes.

Celta are stepping off the high pressure, we are keeping the ball now and they are getting numbers back to cope with it. Its good possession though, we have them locked into their own half. They do have one counter chance, the striker comes off the defence to win an aerial ball over Busquets and it goes into the path of a second Celta player and they end up winning a corner. No defensive sin committed at least. Overall we have defended very well I've noticed. Quick counter after defending the corner, 5 v 4 break, Messi ruins it. Strange game for him..some very poor moments mixed in with some brilliant moments.

Despite the bright start...Celta score...first poor defensive moment from the team. Celta goal-kick.

First of all, we are positionally wrong here. We have a back 5 basically...Busquets has dropped in very deep, Mathieu has taken an age to get back into position and he isnt quite there by the time the ball is up to be challenged, I guess that is why Busquets is there (aswell as the fact another Celta play had joined the attack). Mascherano predictably loses the aerial ball (typical Mascherano right? Does the best he can but his technical and physical weaknesses can be exploited at any moment) and its flicked in between the space Alves is and Busquets is (dropped into basically the space Mascherano left)..Alves struggles to reah the flick, he gets a small touch on it but only enough to take it away from the runner's preferred direction, Busquets loses the 50-50, Alves ballwatches for long enough as the man take not even 2 steps forward as the Celta man flicks a backheel into his path for a first time finish. You have to really slow this one down to understand the gravity of the mistakes...a series of 4-5 small ones combined with having a 5-7 CB has cost Barca a goal from a very embarrassing situation.

Overall to analysis this, we ask what should have been different.

1. Mathieu back into his position faster so Busquets doesnt have to be so deep
2. Busquets challenging the aerial ball, not Mascherano. They have switched roles for no real reason.
3. Possible better clearance form Alves, I think its asking alot, clearances under pressure almost never have the direct power or direct on them.
4. Busquets not winning a 50-50 isnt a mistake, but if its Mascherano I think he wins it. Another reason not to swap positions
5. Alves staying switched on untill the danger is totally clear, which is long enough to give a chance.

Celta goal - FT

Celta goal on the 55 minute mark, still got plenty of time not to panic and more than enough chances already created to have the belief it can be turned around. It should be "its not our day" time just yet.

Rakitc does Barca second high cross of the game (not counting corners), Rafinha heads it but he is basically outside the box. Pointless to cross in that situation. But overall Barca have done a good job of not crossing for no apparent reason this game...perhaps thats partly due to the way the game is going (half of it us creating chances without them, half of it direct play) taking away our chances to do so.

In terms of pressing, we are high pressing...Celta no longer have any reason to and are not. Its time to conserve energy now.

Intresting moment. Dani Alves controls a high ball, plays a 1-2 with Rakitic who has dropped deep. He runs down the right wing...he looks like he wants to cross it, choses not to, turns back. He looks up, Messi isnt moving, Rafinha is too far away and Rakitic is behind him covering in case of a counter. No options, his hopeful pass in the direction of a barely in motion Messi is picked off and Celta break.

Im sure some of you still think im protecting Dani Alves (despite my criticism of him in this goal but also vs PSG) however you guys should also look a bit closer at what is happening because last year I think you didnt and it seems the same this year. Do you want him to cross or not? Well if not, then situations like this cant happen, he has to have an passing option or the options turn to cross or turn the ball over. Anyway, nothing comes of the counter, Alves presses instantly to slow it down and almost win it and eventually we get numbers back because of his delay of the break to intercept. Not that it matters, within 3 seconds Messi has it and is dribbling into cul-de-sacs and loses it, despite clear passing options.

Another Mascherano long ball..I would like to make a game by game count, Mascherano long balls vs Dani Alves crossing. Both rarely find their target either way.

Messi has a chance he created out of nothing. Rakitic and Dani Alves swap positions, and then swap them again in the same built up attack, it creates a ton of space on the right flank for a cross..Barca have a all time record 5 men (3 forwards, plus both Rakitic and Rafinha) in the box vs 4 Celta defenders...Celta win it. Xavi and Pedro on for Busquets and Rafinha.

Looks like 3 at the back now.

D.A - Mathieu - Alba

Rak - Masche -Xavi

Pedro---Messi-----Neymar

--------Suarez--------

I like the look of it in the offensive phase, when trying to build up attacks. Wish Enrique had the guts to start off like it just once, you could replace Pique/Busquets with Mascherano/Alba and compete for aerial balls better and easily switch to a 4 man backline when you have to, mid-game. Naturally, Rakitic and Xavi arent the best pair defensively but this is just idea spit-balling here, havent forgotten about Iniesta either.

Plus despite this, Pedro crosses for no reason at all and then jogs (barely) back on defence..interesting for a guy who has to try and win a place ahead of Neymar and Suarez. He partly redeems himself by slowing down a counter attack, but does so as Barca get 4 players in the box for his cross...Suarez missed a sitter. Barca really should have scored 2-3 before Celta's goal and should have scored another here.

Pedro goes one cross too far and it goes straight to the goalie, then shoots when he had good players in position for a pass. 19 minutes left.

Suarez and Neymar combine superbly, great movement and 1 touch play. I have no doubts about these 3 in attack I should repeat for the record. Not worried about Suarez playing on the right in the attack either, clearly there is opportunity for him to play in areas he likes to. Messi wasted the FK..was better position for one of the many right footed players we have btw.

Game is getting stretched, pressing strategy is out of the window now. Celta arent and for Barca its basically, if your closest, you press and hopefully we have enough at the back to cover. Barca's 3 at the back being stretched.

Pedro crosses for no reason and cant controls a simple ball. Barca can feel they are running out of time now.

Dani Alves dribbles past 5 players, from the back all the way to the attacking third, passes to Messi who dribbles 1 and is fouled by another.

I am not convinced than ever yall arent watching properly. Dani Alves has been excellent today, hand in the goal aside and has avoided the pointless crossing to a fault. Messi hits the bar with the FK.

Keeper pulls a great save from Suarez.

Time runs out.

FT - So..its not as bad as a thought on second view with some critical analysis rather than fandom. When I first watched it, I thought it was quite a poor performance and quite sloppy, perhaps I focussed too much on that overly direct period in the first half...but on second view, there were a couple errors and some questionable strategy but really alot of missed chances which I cant believe will ever be the norm. I agree with Enrique, I would sign up every game to have those same chances again. We even attacked the right way when chasing the game, we went to 3 at the back and one fullback went forward at a time, stretched at times but did well and we kept the crosses to the very bare minimum and tried to play 1 touch stuff and create chances, we did that. I dont understand why our philsophy is in question and I dont get why we talking changing to double pivots...I feel like we did 90% of the right things. That being said, we do miss some things, sadly some of them are not fixable. I am less disappointed after seeing this game again, but it doesnt help us in terms of league position.

Sorry for the long read, wasnt my intent when I first started out. Dont expect hardly any to read most of it Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 am

So much football science :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:18 am

:bow: Better than much more I pundits I (don't) listen to.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:24 am

Didn't watch the game but thanks for the post Dani, really enjoyed reading it.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:50 am

Jeez Dani, spoken like a real coach actually. Well damn done. The only thing I can comment on is the Sky Sports line. They are really awful bunch and if you don't already have a grasp of Spanish football and/or football in general, they'll be a bad influence on one's La Liga life.

Again, well done...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:16 am

Can't believe I read the whole thing. At 4 am ... After a 12 hour hardcore homework session to boot. Laughing

Can't believe the relatively positive review either though. Making it short so I can go to sleep finally and I haven't rewatched the game but it struck me how poor Barca's shape was in every aspect. For example the buildups from the back. You criticized Mascherano for hoofing it but take a look at this:

FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 Barca-celta-1

(had to steal this picture from somewhere else, no time to make my own right now)

If we ignore Messi for a moment who has come all the way back to the center circle the middle is completely empty. Lucho himself said in his post match presser when asked about it:

“Rafinha and Rakitic haven’t been very present in the build-up”. And that he was fine with it because “they occupied markers”.

I also don't think Barca "chose" to be direct. At certain moments there was simply no control over the game and the midfield got bypassed. First 25 minutes understandably wasn't that moment because when a team like Celta comes to Camp Nou they will be cautious at first.

Going to sleep now, will say more tomorrow. Sleep

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 am

A+ post, Dani

Well said and thought out
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 am

Dani ffs.

FC Barça v Celta Barça B Vigo | Camp Nou | Sat/Nov 1 - Page 2 E6u4ok
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Appricate it boys, thanks. I really didnt intent it to be so long, originally it was supposed to be 4 paragraphs the lame length as the 0-25 minute section.

Futbol. I cant be asked to back and look at that situation (minute 19, Mascherano) again so I cant comment. But if there was a long ball before minute 25 I didnt see it. So, I dont know Mascherano even goes long in that picture..and the one time I did criticise his long ball (1st half), it was actually Messi's fault. The other long balls, he did have options and many of them were not really long balls...but first time clearances, when better players would have controlled the ball.

So my reply to your picture is two fold.

1. Does Mascherano even go long here? Does he not pass it to Alba?

2. I think its crucial we look at the entire move and not just one picture. Because perhaps its not Mascherano's fault he is in the position because of the wrong decisions before he got it. Perhaps the midfield wasnt in place at this moment, perhaps Mascherano just recovered a ball..basically, I dont know all the information.

As for the direct play, I disagree. I think the choice of pass was a bigger influence than Celta's pressing. Celta pressed very well, dont get me wrong at all, but we could have done alot better in terms of choices of the pass.

But I mean, how important was this? Like, I want Barca to play a very specific way and the long balls arent part of it...but, even I admit that during that period it wasnt all negative.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 pm

That was really well written Franchise, should be doing this more often Smile
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:That was really well written Franchise, should be doing this more often Smile

Dont have the motivation any more tbh. I dont rewatch many Barca games any more either, they arent tactically interesting.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:43 pm

U guys should make an ajax/barca thread ffs. Lets just move on no matter how hard it is..btw, suarez should be benched, seems he's ruining the neyssi chemistry. He should be subbed in and integerated slowly tbh (no matter how fantastic he might seem to be)..but whatever.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2